March Summary
Good youth intake
Mixed form in the league
Really need to improve our scoring record

Brighton 0 v 0 Leicester (L)
Possession 63%

“Ulloa hit the post in the 90th​ minute. We need to improve our home form otherwise we won’t go up!”

Ipswich 1 v 3 Brighton (L)
Ulloa (2), Barnes
Possession 63%

“Ulloa gave us an early lead, but Ipswich levelled with an amazing 45 yarder. Ulloa then added his second before the break. Barnes scored a third in the second half. A good away win. As it stands two points separate first to fifth with ten games remaining.”

Regen - got a few quality regens but this guy looks like a gem!
View attachment 338559

Blackburn 0 v 1 Brighton (L)
El-Abd
Possession 58%

“An 84th​ minute winner was enough against ten men Blackburn. West also got injured for six weeks.”

Brighton 1 v 0 Blackpool (L)
Orlandi
Possession 66%

“Orlandi gave us the lead and we had chance after chance to score. Would love have to improve the goal difference, however a win is a win and we are moving up the table.”

Brighton 1 v 2 Barnsley (L)
Barnes
Possession 63%

“So annoying we dominated and squandered so many chances, hit the post, the bar!”

Player of the month:

Orlandi – he has been great this month as an inside forward; supporting the strikers, scoring goals and assisting.

League position:
4th​

Last edited:
April Summary
Inconsistent form
Ulloa scores a cracker
Automatic places not guaranteed

Brighton 2 v 1 Wolves (L)
Orlandi, Cummings
Possession 57%

“Orlandi gave us an early lead but we also missed a penalty. Hope the Wolves didn’t come back and bite us for that miss. Yep they did in the 84th​ minute they did, however Cummings managed to get the winner in the 89th​ minute.”

Charlton 1 v 0 Brighton (L)
Possession 54%

“Charlton started well in the first half and went into a deserving lead. We just didn’t start until the second half. However, both teams above us lost and drew meaning we are still within 3 points of 1st​.”

Birmingham 1 v 1 Brighton (L)
Crofts
Possession 62%

“Birmingham went ahead due to a Crofts mistake. However, he amended himself with a goal. Ulloa missed a sitter and this draw could cost us automatic promotion.”

Brighton 2 v 0 Huddersfield (L)
Upson, Ulloa
Possession 68%

“Upson put us ahead with a header and Ulloa gave us a second. A good win, just need to find some consistency.”

Burnley 2 v 1 Brighton (L)
Ulloa
Possession 59%

“Edgar gave them an early lead and I thought here we go again but Ulloa equalised. However, with some messy defending we conceded another. Cummings also hit the post in the last minute!”

Brighton 2 v 2 Cardiff (L)
West, Ulloa
Possession 59%

“Bad start with Mutch scoring after a minute. However, West and Ulloa both scored. Cardiff equalised just before half time. The draw means we miss out on automatic promotion. We need a win to guarantee a playoff spot.”

Player of the month:

Ulloa – for his goal contribution and performances.

League position:
5th​

follower...

Any chance of updating the link for the free agent global challenge for football manager 12??

follower...

Any chance of updating the link for the free agent global challenge for football manager 12??

Good to hear. Would upload if I had it! Unfortunately there were problems with my computer (blue screen and hardrive) and had to restore my laptop and get a new hardrive. Sorry!

Good stuff so far. Looks like the play-offs, like IRL ;)

Good stuff so far. Looks like the play-offs, like IRL ;)

Cheers mate, play-offs look almost certain. Would have preferred the automatic places due to the gamble of the play-off and my record against the teams currently in the play-offs isn't that good. Good luck with your Horsham story, not too far from Brighton so hopefully you can get them to the Premier League. Considering your performances with Chelsea youth story and Southampton you should be able to get them up!

Cheers mate, play-offs look almost certain. Would have preferred the automatic places due to the gamble of the play-off and my record against the teams currently in the play-offs isn't that good. Good luck with your Horsham story, not too far from Brighton so hopefully you can get them to the Premier League. Considering your performances with Chelsea youth story and Southampton you should be able to get them up!
Yeah I'm hoping Brighton will get up this season through the play-offs!! I work down there a lot. Thanks man hopefully I can, will take ages but should keep me busy until FM14!!

May Summary
Play-off battle begins
Mackail-Smith finally scores
Can we reach dreamland?

Derby 0 v 2 Brighton (L)
Ulloa, Mackail-Smith
Possession 57%

“Ulloa gave us the lead and Mackail-Smith added the second. Only took him 27 games to get that goal!”

Wolves 1 v 1 Brighton (Play-offs)
El-Abd
Possession 61%

“He gave us the lead after 5 minutes, however Doyle quickly pulled one back. We had more chances in the first half but could not score. Chaplow got sent off in the second half however we couldn’t get the second goal.”

Brighton 0 v 0 Wolves (Play-offs)
Possession 64%
Brighton win 5-3 on penalties.

“Fairly even match with Wolves having the best chance cleared off the line. Extra time was the same. So penalties decided it. Will play Burnley in the final!”

Brighton 4 v 2 Burnley (Play-offs)
Bridcutt, Bridge, Ulloa, El-Abd
Possession 58%
4-2 after extra time.

“A great display from the lads with a mixture of scorers. Premier League here we come!”

Player of the month:

Liam Bridcutt – has been playing well in the DLP role and was influential in the Burnley game.

League position:
4th​ – play-off winners

Excellent work! Will be interesting to see who you bring in next season. Keep it up mate.

Excellent work! Will be interesting to see who you bring in next season. Keep it up mate.

Cheers mate! Got to think about the prem and euro cup so will need to bring in a lot especially with Bridge Upson Hammond and Vicente going.

Season Summary
A great first season with Brighton, achieving promotion through the play-offs and winning the League Cup! Our form was inconsistent in the league however we pulled through and demonstrated our quality in the play-offs. Winning the cup was a real coup, especially the thrashing of Chelsea in the final. It will also mean we are in the Euro Cup next season.

At the end of the season Watford, Hull and Brighton were promoted from the Championship with Blackpool, Charlton and Leeds going to League One. In the Premier League the winners were Man City, with Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal taking the remaining Champions League places. Tottenham finished 5th​ meaning they are in the Euro Cup alongside us (League Cup winners) and Fulham (FA Cup runner up). Chelsea won the FA Cup.

Round Europe: Lyon, FC Bayern, PSV, Juventus, SLB and Barcelona won their leagues. Juventus beat Man City to win the Champions League and Lyon beat Liverpool to obtain the Euro Cup.

Final table:
View attachment 339604View attachment 339605
Championship awards:
Player of the year: Charlie Austin
Top scorer: Kevin Doyle (33 goals)
Young player of the year: Wilf Zaha
Manager of the year: Giafranco Zola
Team of the year: Only Kuszczak and Greer managed to get in the team

Brighton awards:
Player of the year: Gordon Greer
Top scorer: Ulloa (22 goals)
Top assists: Lopez (15 assists)
Highest average rating: Gordon Greer (7.75)
Average possession (league): 60% per match
Average possession (overall): 60% per match

Team of the year:
View attachment 339608

Last edited:
Transfers:
In:

Matt Philips - £6.5m
Michael Mancienne - £2.5m
Ryan Bertrand - £2.8m
Callum Comyn-Platt - £1m
Ulrik Yttergard Jenssen - £1.9m
Frimpong – loan
Barry Bannan - £1.4m
Seamus Coleman – loan
Silvestri – free
David Stockdale - loan
View attachment 340181

Out:
Vicente – free
Will Hoskins – free
Roland Bergkamp – free
Dalle Valle - loan

*Bridge, Cummings, Hammond and Upson all returned to their clubs from the loan.

“As you can see went a bit wild with transfers bringing in quite a few players to cover the players leaving and to become accomplished to the new league. Philips is a young Scottish international with lots of potential and with Celtic coming in I had to break my transfer record to sign him. Mancienne and Bertrand were both transferred listed and will replace Upson and Bridge, they are also young and will only get better. Comyn-Platt is a young regen Crewe produced and looks to have amazing potential. Jenssen is the younger brother of the player known as the ‘Norwegian Xavi’ and hopefully can become as good as his brother. Frimpong and Bannan will provide competition in the anchorman and dlp role. Coleman has come in for Shaun Cummings and Silvestri was signed by my director. Stockdale was a short term loan for the injured Kusczczak. As you can see I have put my faith in youngsters so hopefully I will not regret this. There were lots of players I wanted to sign, especially with Newcastle and QPR being relegated. There could be one more big name coming in…”

Pre-season:
Peterborough 1 v 1 Brighton
Bournemouth 0 v 4 Brighton
Cardiff 0 v 3 Brighton

“Not a very eventful pre-season with early stages of the Euro Cup beginning soon, however the new signings are gelling well so hopefully we can continue this form into the season!”

what do people think of my transfers?

Last edited:
Bertrand for £2.8 Million is pretty good imo. A great replacement for Bridge.

Check out my story if you get the time also mate: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-stories/118279-welcome-reality.html

Yeah was surprised Chelsea listed him and it was bargain. Especially considering he can play wing back is English and young. Hopefully all the signings will benefit me long term. Still looking for experience looking at momo sissoko and cassano possibly on loan!

July & August Summary
Good start in the Euro Cup
Premier League debut begins
You can’t win anything with kids, or can you?

Brighton 3 v 1 Dinamo Minsk (EC)
Crofts, Lopez, Ulloa
Possession 74%

“A great first match in Europe with Ulloa scoring and being the architect of the other goals. Think this is my highest possession stat as well!”

Dinamo 0 v 0 Brighton (EC)
Possession 70%

“Through to the next round and signings seem to be playing well.”

Brighton 0 v 4 Man City (L)
Possession 49%

“Probably not the best game to start with against champions City. Aguero scored in the first minute. It was quite an even match until City got three goals in the last ten minutes. Lesson learnt!”

Brighton 3 v 0 Aberdeen (EC)
Bannan, LuaLua, Dunk
Possession 70%

“Played my second string team against Aberdeen. Took the lead with a Bannan penalty. LuaLua scored just before half time and Dunk added the third before half time.”

Also managed to arrange a last minute loan deal for former Liverpool midfielder Mohammed Sissoko. Got some experience!

Tottenham 2 v 2 Brighton (L)
Lopez, LuaLua
Possession 50%

“Wow Wanyama, Strootman and Sandro in midfield talk about ball winning midfield! Great we conceded a penalty after five minutes. Lopez equalised however, Sissoko got injured in the buildup. Ulloa then put us in front. We conceded another penalty in the 90th​ minute. **** so close!”

Aberdeen 2 v 3 Brighton (L)
Dunk, Buckley, Barnes
Possession 53%

“Dunk gave us an early lead with a header. But Ankergren gave the ball away and they equalised. Buckley added the second but again Vernon equalised. Barnes scored a third. 6-2 on aggregate.”

Player of the month:

Frimpong – has been great in the anchorman role for us and has won young player of the month for his performances.

League position:
16th​

September Summary
Euro group decided
First win of the season
League Cup holders have their first match

Brighton 1 v 0 Wigan (L)
Philips
Possession 56%

“Philips scored the only goal in our first Premier League win!”

I jokingly made a bid for Sam Byram. But the board took it into their own hands and signed him for £5.5m. I immediately loaned him to the relegated Newcastle. Bit expensive but he is young and English and with Coleman only on loan and Bruno 31 hopefully it will pay off!

Southampton 1 v 1 Brighton (L)
Ulloa
Possession 54%

“Ulloa got us off to a flyer however Southampton equalised. Oh well a decent away point.”

Shamrock 0 v 2 Brighton (EC)
Dunk, Mackail-Smith
Possession 64%

“Another goal by Dunk in the Euro Cup! Mackail-Smith added the second. A good away win in Europe!”

West Ham 3 v 2 Brighton (L)
Greer, West
Possession 56%

“West Ham raced into a 3-0 lead but we couldn’t get back in it!”

Hull 0 v 2 Brighton (LC)
Sissoko, Buckley
Possession 57%

“Sissoko gave us an early lead and Buckley added the second. The holders progress to the next round.”

Brighton 1 v 1 Hull (L)
Ulloa
Possession 64%

“Back to back games against Hull, but this time in the league. Hull went into a surprising lead but we were disappointed we only came away with a draw particularly at home.”

Player of the month:

Ulloa – for his goals and his performances in the lone striker role.

League position:
14th​