Sol Campbell slates England Boss

Calum

Reaction score
SOL CAMPBELL has launched a bitter attack on England coach Fabio Capello for shattering his World Cup dream.

Campbell is furious he was never given a chance to make the 23-man World Cup squad and raged: "Regrets? I regret the fact that the England camp didn't think of me.

"I would have put my heart and soul into playing for England again.
"I can understand if Capello was thinking 'This guy is for England's past'. But then he went back for a couple of players who had retired from internationals, which I couldn't understand if he wasn't interested in going back to me."
In an astonishing verbal assault, the veteran defender, 35, also:
Slammed Capello for bringing Jamie Carragher out of retirement.
Rapped the selection of injury-hit Rio Ferdinand and Ledley King.
Criticised the selection of Matthew Upson after his season-long fight against relegation.
Blasted Capello for ignoring him when he was back "in the groove".
Campbell did not even make the provisional 30-man squad for the tournament.
The centre-back, who is a free agent after his Arsenal contract ran out, said: "I wouldn't mind being out in South Africa with the England team.
"The way I have been playing for Arsenal, don't you think I should be? I do, for sure.
"I played my heart out for Arsenal again and thought it was worthy of a chance with England. It never came.
"Surely, you pick people in the groove and I was back in the groove - and fit too.
"Instead, Capello picked a couple of half-fit players. It fell right for them. Not for me.
"Not only that, Capello has gone for one centre-half who didn't have a very good season and another who just missed out on relegation.
"I have been playing with England teams since I was 15-years-old. I have won 74 England caps - been there, got the T-shirt - and it's experience that counts at this level as well."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/worldcup2010/3017628/Sol-Campbell-lays-into-England-boss-Fabio-Capello.html#ixzz0r6yOC2G5

I can understand him complaining, especially seeing as Carragher and Upson were called up, but he still shouldnt act like a little ***** about it.

Laughable comments from a complete *****.

He could of summed all that up in one sentence.

"I dont like Capello because he didn't pick me" :'(

I'd have picked Bruce or Pallister before that clown

:'( Cry Baby :'(

Does he really think he is good enough for international football.
He played for Notts county at the start of the season

He's a money grabbing tw*t, and can't stand the heat when it gets tough - Notts County, and he surely can't be saying he's better than Jagielka and Dawson who didn't originally make the 23 man squad or in Jagielka's case, the 30 man squad? XD

He's just gearing up for his move to Anti-England Celtic :O

idiot with a **** attitude

Campbell is a ******** and im hoping he doesnt come to celtic , we can do better than some money grabbing fk like him ,
It seems recently he is doing all he can to get into the paper or into headlines face it campbell ur career is over ITS OVER

He played what, 10-15 games at the end of a season, after dropping two leagues for the money...and he's slagging off players being picked for not having a full season/being fit/almost getting relegated.

Pass, silly Sulzeer.

Says the guy who rejected 2 premier league clubs to join Notts County for more money, then left them after 1 game, tool

lets be honest here hes flapping his gums cause he was at arsenal EH campbell 1 YEAR CONTRACT PAL
if you were that good why wasnt it renewed
and do you honestly think if arsenal didnt have all those injurys he would have been at arsenal cause i certainly dont

Sol Campbell = Pansy Pants oO) what a poofta, get a life Sol, stop ******** you would not have been chosen even 4 years ago so get over yourself and stop crying :'(

The only thing he is right about there is that Upson shouldn't have gone.

Little ******.

The only thing he is right about there is that Upson shouldn't have gone.

Little ******.
easy there bash him for being a whiny little ****, dont bash him for being gay

Cry some more!!!! Seriously tho he doesn't deserve to be in the squad, he's past it

I can understand him complaining, especially seeing as Carragher and Upson were called up, but he still shouldnt act like a little ***** about it.

Really Max, Really?...