944n.png

A Rock At The Back

Does rejecting Everton's deal mean Stones has been promised a leading role at Southampton?

650.png
green_arrow_64368.png
713.png

Metro Journalist: In the wake of anger being directed at the board over their traditional kit, Southampton fans have been given something to cheer about. Defender John Stones has joined the club in a 16M pound deal after failing to secure a new contract at Goodison Park. After already having earned full international 2 caps at 20 years of age, Stones is tipped by many to be a starter in Russia for 2018.Stones has become the first central defender at the club, with numerous players rumoured to also make the move south this summer including Phil Jones, Steven Caulker, Joleon Lescott, Michael Dawson, Michael Keane, and Newcastle duo Steven Taylor, and Mike Williamson.

Last edited:
Been looking out for your FM 15 story and I am not disappointed by this Southampton story in the slightest. The all English team is a really great idea. Can't wait for more :D

I think this is a brilliant idea for a story, keep it up man! The layout is brilliant. There's only 2 stories I have seen this year that I'm excited for updates for and that is this and Brendn's. The layout and detail is amazing, I'm following!

Glad you like it! Yeah I find layout to be extremely important in a story. I agree with Brendn's stories, they are top notch!

The updates are sick. Just wish they came more often!! Eager to see how your story goes mate!!

Thank you! I have a lot more updates in the pipes, but I want to release them gradually. So I've got a limit of a 2-a-day maximum

U should really try to get Delle Ali, such a young talent. Cheaper and better than Hughes! ;)

I've got scouts looking at him so it's not out of the question.

Been looking out for your FM 15 story and I am not disappointed by this Southampton story in the slightest. The all English team is a really great idea. Can't wait for more :D

Glad to know I have a reputation! I have this strange want to turn all teams into a large chunk of 1 nationality, as well as an interest in youth development, so this should work really well for me

dhcr.png

An Experienced Head To Bolster The Defence

With 222 Premier League appearances, Lescott more than triples Southampton's next highest appearing defender, Nathaniel Clyne with 73

green_arrow_64368.png
713.png

Sky Sports Journalist: Experienced centre back, Joleon Lescott is the latest arrival at St Mary’s after signing a 2 year deal yesterday. The 31 year old has been a free agent since May after allowing his Manchester City contract to expire due to falling down the pecking order behind Kompany, Demichelis, and Nastasić at the reigning champions. Lescott brings with him a wealth of experience which should have a large impact on solidifying Southampton’s incredibly young defence. With only two players able to play in the centre, surely another centre half is on the way?

Last edited:
vv9r.png

Shaw: “I’m Not Going Anywhere”

Done deal: Shaw will remain at Southampton for the foreseeable future

Goal Journalist: After a week of speculation surrounding England and Southampton left-back Luke Shaw, he has personally put those rumours to bed after twitting a picture of himself, signing his new 5 year deal at Southampton. Shaw, who is currently with the England set up in Brazil ahead of their game against Uruguay tomorrow, is believed to now be earning 60K per week, a 100% wage increase. A source close to the club has stated that a ‘substantial bonus’ is included in his contract should the club qualify for the Champions League. The renewed deal should come as a massive boost to Southampton’s chances of qualifying for European football this season, after missing out by two league places last season. With United having offered a world record fee, and other heavyweight league rivals, including Chelsea and City believed to be tracking his progress,Southampton with Branson at the helm are continuing to prove they mean business now, and into the future.

Great story pal,
Cant wait to see more signings

rqb6.png

Humiliated

Costa Rican star, Bryan Ruiz has sentenced England to an early exit

The Guardian Journalist: England is out of the World Cup tonight after Costa Rica defeated Italy 1-0 in the Arena Pernambuco courtesy of 44th minute header by Bryan Ruiz, marking the earliest exit from the World Cup in the country’s history. Survival is now mathematically impossible for the Three Loins after defeats to Italy and Uruguay, making the final group match against Costa Rica little more than a formality. It is believed several senior players are looking to leave Brazil early in the coming hours, and manager Roy Hodgson was not seen at the squads training camp the next morning. The English media has been quick to point fingers, suggesting both Roy Hodgson, as well as the player development system outlined by the FA as the major reason for the ‘disastrously early exit.’

Wayne Rooney's 75th minute goal wasn't enough to secure a point

The villain: Luis Suarez's contentious 85th minute goal was the final nail in England's coffin

The Daily Mail stated that ‘this is as good as it gets. This is what we must expect. This is who we are now. The smiling idiots just happy to be at the party.’ The Daily Telegraph suggested that ‘the national teams failure demands an apology to the fans from the FA, Roy Hodgson, and the players.’ The criticism in The Times was constructive though. They suggested that it is impossible to believe that the Costa Rican football system cannot be greater than ours, so this cannot be the problem. It stated that ‘the problem is not solved through money, state-of-the-art facilities, or by flooding the country with coaches, the problem is in our footballing philosophy. We were unable to conserve possession, this is the most deep-rooted source of our problem. Until those cultural problems are the solved, the country can kiss any hope of success goodbye.' There may be a glimmer of hope though,Southampton’s new English-or-bust policy should, at the very least reduce the of the Premier League paradox by allowing more English players first team football experience. However, only time will tell if this investment pays dividends, or, if we will be facing another group stage exit in 4 fours (assuming we qualify).

When do we find out about more signings? And sales?

m6ll.png

Fonte to Q.P.R

Big spending Q.P.R have bagged themselves a bargain

713.png
green_arrow_64368.png
701.png

BT Sport Journalist: José Fonte has secured a 3 year deal with Queens Park Rangers for a fee of 1.2M pounds. Despite not being a big name at the club, Southampton will no doubt miss their experienced Portuguese centre back who managed to make the second most league appears for the club last season. With Q.P.R heavily linked with moves for free agent Rio Ferdinand and relegated Cardiff City centre back Steven Caulker, Fonte’s unexpected deal has thrown a spanner in the works in regards to those deals.

Last edited:
Im loving the detail,
Have you canceled all summer transfers? As lescott is at west brom.

Keep the updstes coming mate

Love the story so far! Looking forward to the season.

Thank you. So am I! Never been so excited to play some matches on FM

Great story pal,
Cant wait to see more signings
Im loving the detail,
Have you canceled all summer transfers? As lescott is at west brom.
Keep the updstes coming mate

Don't want to give too much away, but most deals involving players I wanted have been cancelled or redirected, yes. Haven't touched any other ones though. More signings and departures coming today

cvox.png

Southampton Announce Two More Arrivals

View attachment 321206
Back to the Premiership: Spearing joins Southampton

614.png
green_arrow_64368.png
713.png

talkSport Journalist: Former Liverpool and now Bolton midfielder Jay Spearing has joined Southampton for 3M pounds on a 3 year deal. Some eyebrows have been raised after the deal was announced on the club website, but manager Gareth Southgate has wasted no time heaping praise on the 25 year old:

Jay is going to be an essential player for us, especially during touch away matches . He’s the bulldog midfielder we need to fill in the space between the defenders and midfielders and break up play for a whole 90 minutes. His defensive characteristics, work rate, and approach to the game made him the top choice on my list of holding midfielders.” - Gareth Southgate

talkSport Journalist: Diego Poyet has also had the move south after agreeing a 4 year deal with the club for 2M pounds. Poyet was on the verge of signing with West Ham for the same fee, but Southampton are thought to have stolen the deal at the eleventh hour for the 19 year old. While both Spearing and Poyet naturally suit the holding midfield role, both offer two very different options to Gareth Southgate. As Southgate stated, Spearing offers good protection to the back four with the ability to break up play, whilst Poyet offers a more deep creative role, similar to what Leon Britton and Tom Huddlestone offer at their respective clubs.

Last edited:
1mnp.png

Saint’s Make Profit on Ramírez

From red to blue: Ramírez makes Everton switch

713.png
green_arrow_64368.png
650.png

FourFourTwo Journalist: Uruguayan playmaker, Gastón Ramírez has joined Everton today for a fee of 13M pounds, signing a 4 year deal worth 46K per week. Ramírez never quite lived up to the hype around his 12M pound move to Southampton from Bologna two season ago. Having to contend with Steven Naismith and Ross Barkley at Everton, both of whom had an impressive 2013/14 season, Ramírez will likely need to fight for his place in the first XI. Ramírez is currently in Brazil, having come off the bench to provide the assist to Diego Godín against Italyto advance to the final 16 in Uruguay’s last match.

Last edited:
Looking forward to the games and see how the season progress for you! Keep up the great work!

dhcr.png

Another Deal Dead

One club man? Lallana has been at Southampton since he was 12

Sky Sports Journalist: Southampton F.Chave turned down another huge transfer offer, this time for midfielder and captain, Adam Lallana. Liverpool have publically pursued the 26 year old since the close of the Premier League season, which yesterday resulted in a 25M offer to secure his services, as had been rumoured for months earlier. Southampton owner, Sir Richard Branson issued a statement about the rejected deal this morning:

"As I made clear on my 1st day in charge at Southampton, we’re building the best possible English squad of players we can. In my, the management, players, and fans opinion, that squad includes Adam Lallana. In fact, it sees him as the captain of the club for many years to come. Adam told me he wanted trophies, I told him he’s in the right place." - Sir Richard Branson

New Ties

Club Website: We would like to announce a reshaping of our affiliated clubs as a result of the clubs new vision. The affiliates include local clubs to focus on developing young players for the first team, and distant clubs to increase our global brand. The clubs we are now linked with are:

Last edited:
bx99.png

Ince Joins Southampton

Untouchable in the Championship: Ince needs time to grow into the Premier League

green_arrow_64368.png
713.png

ESPN Journalist: Winger, Tom Ince has joined Southampton F.C on a free after leaving Blackpool. Continuing their trend this summer, Southampton managed to pick up the player under the noses of the clubs Ince was expected to go to. In this case, Ince was heavily linked to a move to Hull City, or making the move abroad to join a resurgent Inter Milan side. With the ability to operate on both touchlines, Ince’s versatility could see him secure a first XI place, with Southampton’s leading goal scorer of last season, Jay Rodriguez, still recovering from his ACL injury which is expected to keep him out until January.

Last edited:
The detail just keep gettin better, love the affli club piece, the club is defo putting things in place to be huge, hopefully you can produce your own english talent in the future,
How many players have you got now?

Looking forward to the games and see how the season progress for you! Keep up the great work!

Can't wait to test my players and tactic against the big teams too! Still have a few more articles before I can start playing proper matches though.

The detail just keep gettin better, love the affli club piece, the club is defo putting things in place to be huge, hopefully you can produce your own english talent in the future,
How many players have you got now?

Thank you! I'm pretty proud of those affiliates graphics, took quite a while given I know so little about graphic design. Still have around 6 arrivals to cover, and 1 or 2 departures. Stay tuned