tbh i dont see why he didnt just keep with the original stuff

From the looks of it, he's reverted the Database to before the Summer deals went through. Should make for a good youth challenge though when you also consider Southampton seem to pull World Class regens out of nowhere. In the last 3 FMs I've stolen two-three 5* regens form their intake.

Season 4 onwards of this will be a savage save. Might be worth your time to upload the save when you get that far. I'm sure a lot of people would love to play with an English only Southampton a few years in (if you don't mind uploading it of course)

I agree with Sam and Brendn.
The most interesting save with Southampton would be starting with the players there are now and start a youth challenge.
But that's just my opinion, good luck with your story.

The most interesting save with Southampton would be starting with the players there are now and start a youth challenge.

i agree would of made a harder challenge with all the new players and without all the english players that have left,
but will still be interesting

Story is looking really good, it's a great idea. Just curious though, You said Lambert and Lallana are back at the club, I assume Shaw and Chambers are also back and what about Forster and Bertrand?

Thank you mate. I didn't say Lallana was back though, I just inferred it. All will be revealed soon.

I wanted an original storyline. It's far more interesting to me. And, I wrote the first 5000 words of this story in April, months before I knew how many players Southampton would swap IRL.

That's a fair comment. IMO this still is a youth challenge (made slightly easier at the start), with the quality of German and French youngsters, some good English regens are needed to come through if England are going to come close to a World Cup win. Also, as Brendn has said, I'm expecting some serious regens to come through and force out some of the real world players in only a season or two.

i agree would of made a harder challenge with all the new players and without all the english players that have left,

I didn't want to another regen youth challenge. I did one successfully last season with Ajax, but as much as I enjoyed it and it was well received, I couldn't be creative with it. No photos to use as graphics, and little knowledge of the league and players to create interesting and realistic storylines.

sqtg.png

Arsenal Beat Out Spurs and Chelsea in a Single Afternoon

View attachment 323575
Arsenal finally nab a top-class ball winning midfielder

713.png
green_arrow_64368.png
602.png

Metro Journalist: Kenyan defensive midfielder, Victor Wanyama has become the latest player to leave Southampton after their takeover. Arsenal have managed to secure personal terms with Wanyama to beat out rivals Spurs and Chelsea to his signature, who also had the asking fee of 18M pounds accepted. Arsene Wenger will hope the deal eases the criticism of his transfer deals over past seasons, with fans and pundits alike questioning, primarily, the strength of his defensive midfield options. With the versatile Chilean, Alexis Sanchez out of favour at Barcelona, and rumours mounting that Sami Khedira could leave the Champions League holders this summer.

Last edited:
Keep up with the updates. Looks sick, is Shaw still at Southampton then?

It's gotten people commenting, chatting and discussing the "what ifs". 10/10 story from a community point of view in my opinion :p

Dont listen to these people, your story is top notch. Looking forward to hearing more.

Id continue mine but the text ******** up on here is too frustrating. Keep up the good work.

eurosportyahoo_57664.png

Southampton F.C Reveal Tour Destinations

Southampton have a 10 day training camp in Austria, playing 4 professional clubs

5 days will be spent in Portugal, playing 2 mayor clubs

Then another 5 days in Turkey, again playing 2 clubs

Finally, 4 days will be spent in Holland with 2 matches against Jupiler League sides

Last edited:
rqb6.png

Luke Who’s Staying. A Shaw Thing?

With continental interest, can Southampton realistically afford to keep their brightest star? If so, will he want to stay?

The Guardian Journalist: In a massive turn of events, Southampton F.C wonderkid Luke Shaw will remain a Southampton player despite a world record 31M transfer fee offered by Manchester United being rejected yesterday evening. It is believed Shaw told Southampton officials he wanted to move to either United or Chelsea, but his club were unwilling to sell him at any price. The deal would have made Shaw the most expensive teenager ever, surpassing the likes of Marquinhos (23.5M to PSG), Saviola (24M to Barcelona), and former record holder Rooney (26M to Manchester United). Unlike Rickie Lambert’s rejected offer last week, it is not clear whether Shaw is happy with the outcome. Sources suggest Southampton have offered Shaw a new contract worth 50K per week, which equates to a 100% increase on his current weekly wage. This however, it is half the money United were prepared to pay the player. With a lack of left backs, and a massive transfer budget, United could yet make an irresistible offer to either Southampton or Shaw, or both.

Last edited:
View attachment 323108

New Kits Revealed

Club website: The kits for the 2014/15 season were unveiled in front of the town walls, juxtaposing the old with the new. As expected, ‘Virgin’ will be the main shirt sponsor, with Adidas continuing their partnership as the kit manufacture. Owner, Sir Richard Branson, and players Rickie Lambert,James Ward-Prowse, Saido Berahino, and Nathaniel Clyne on hand to model the new kit.

soton1_zpsb21eda0e_64368.png
soton2_zpsf0efdedc_64368.png
soton3_zpsf73b97f9_64368.png

Last edited:
Your stories are awesome. Love the tour idea as well.

Look forward to seeing your match reports etc.. will be interesting to see how you present them!

Sounds like a great idea, I'm looking forward to seeing how it develops! How did you make those kits by the way?

Keep up with the updates. Looks sick, is Shaw still at Southampton then?

Will do! Got plenty more already written and waiting! And good guess :)

It's gotten people commenting, chatting and discussing the "what ifs". 10/10 story from a community point of view in my opinion :p

Can't underestimate the power of 'what if's' and imagination. Thank you for your compliment mate.

Dont listen to these people, your story is top notch. Looking forward to hearing more.
Id continue mine but the text ******** up on here is too frustrating. Keep up the good work.

It's cool, they're entitled to their opinion...Thank you, there's a lot to come...I have to fiddle around with text often too, don't get me started on the image uploader too!

Your stories are awesome. Love the tour idea as well.
Look forward to seeing your match reports etc.. will be interesting to see how you present them!

Thanks a lot mate! I'll keep them going as long as people are enjoying them. The formatting for the match reports took me ages to figure out, by far the most difficult decision.

Sounds like a great idea, I'm looking forward to seeing how it develops! How did you make those kits by the way?

I think it's a good idea because it's not entirely impossible. Richard Branson is the sort of man who just might do something like this. As an Australian, I'd love an Aussie taking over a club and building the squad around Aussie talent (if there was any :'()...No I didn't make the kits, I have the Photoshop skills of a fingerless, blind man without a computer. I requested them on another FM site (not sure if I'm allowed to say where)

Last edited:
cvox.png

Will He Make The Grade?

With no top flight experience, will Hughes adjust to the leap in class?

645.png
green_arrow_64368.png
713.png

talkSport Journalist: Southampton F.C have confirmed the purchase of teenager Will Hughes. Attracting attention for his mature performances at Derby from Chelsea, Tottenham, Liverpool, and both Manchester clubs, Southampton have swooped on the young midfielder under the noses of their league rivals, avoiding a probable bidding war with the financial heavyweights. The deal currently stands at 10M pounds, but could rise to 12M depending on matches played. Alongside fellow English teenager James Ward-Prowse, the future of Southampton’s central midfield looks extremely promising and skilful, but extremely light and inexperienced too.

Last edited:
I think this is a brilliant idea for a story, keep it up man! The layout is brilliant. There's only 2 stories I have seen this year that I'm excited for updates for and that is this and Brendn's. The layout and detail is amazing, I'm following!

The updates are sick. Just wish they came more often!! Eager to see how your story goes mate!!

9sv2.png

Fan Backlash

Are Southampton's iconic stripes a thing of the past?

Mirror Journalist: Following Southampton’s kit launch yesterday, fans have voiced their opinion via social media after their traditional red and white stripes have been neglected for a third successive season. Southampton’s press department released a statement on the club website stating that ‘a new era needs a new look.’ With the displeasure towards the new kit design, as well as the uncertainty over Luke Shaw’s future at the club, the transition is not going as smoothly as the Southampton board must have hoped. Last season, numerous fans vowed to boycott the kit, will we see the same this season?

bx99.png

Davis Moves On

Steven+Davis+Manchester+City+v+Southampton+Si-77wMwFcRl.jpg

3 from 3. Davis' exit marks the third successive midfielder to leave the club

713.png
green_arrow_64368.png
1569.png

ESPN Journalist: Southampton’s Northern Irishman, Steven Davis has swapped red for green by agreeing personal terms with Celtic for 4M pounds today. The creative midfielder was a key player for Southampton last season, making 40 appearances and providing 7 assists, the clubs 2nd highest behind Rickie Lambert. The question is, who will take his place? Southampton have youngsters James Ward-Prowse, and new arrival Will Hughes who could naturally fill the position. But, with little experience will Gareth Southgate put his faith in either of them so early in their career as a starter, or will he bring in an established, creative midfielder?

Last edited:
U should really try to get Delle Ali, such a young talent. Cheaper and better than Hughes! ;)