Mr Langvatn

Reaction score
Hello guys!

I struggled for a long time trying to make Liverpool win the EPL. I knew I needed to have an awesome tactic to be able to do so, and I tested most of the most the "promising" tactics out there without any luck, so I started working on this. Now, after a lot of work, it's finally stable, and with this tactic you can win the EPL playing Liverpool the first season.

After what I hear from others who have tested it, it works with most teams. It's a creativity-based 4-5-1, where you will see some beautiful football played, and it is actually very stable in the back too, because of the constant pressure on the opposition. If you play this with a top team you will probably not have any losses at all. If you play a mid-table team like Liverpool, you have a good chance of winning the EPL.

It's a plug and play tactic, no modifications needed. If you are struggling to score at home (always wait until after half time), you can set it to "attacking", but I wouldn't advise this in away matches.

Players: See the different roles

Most important players: Advanced Playmaker (MC), Wingers and Poacher. It's very good if you have a poacher who is strong as well, as he will get a lot of crosses from the wingers. The advanced playmaker needs to have good creativity, decisions and passing, but I'm sure I don't have to tell you that :)

Match prep: Attacking movement if you have a strong team, Defensive positioning if you have a weak team
Training: Balanced
Team Talk: Been using assistant manager to do that

When game starts, use match prep: tactics only, together with team cohesion, 50/50 until your first league match. Then change to Balanced/Defensive Positioning/Attacking Movement.

The tactic also works with Complete Forward instead of Poacher, but then you are much more reliable on the wingers and CM's finishing skills, and very few clubs have a good complete forward anyway (No, Suarez is not a good CF).

The tactic works just as good in 13.2.1 btw.

Good luck to anyone who tries it :)

UPDATE: I HAVE NOW MADE A 4-2-3-1 version of the tactic as well, that seems to do even better in my games. I haven't tried it with weak teams, but it looks really promising. If you have a strong team, definitely use the new 4-2-3-1 tactic. After some feedback from testers, it seems the 4-5-1 version is better for weaker teams, and lower league teams.

Download link for the 4-2-3-1 tactic:
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...11117-spin-wheel-4-2-3-1-godlike-version.html

Regards,
Mr. Langvatn

Last edited:
I will probably give this a try, but one question.

Did you play the entire first season having the new patch installed?

Can you post your W D L, Goals For and Against in this first season?

Thanks

Yeah, this tactic is tested only with the new patch (13.2).

WDL: 26-7-5

Goals for: 73
Goals against: 33

what about match prep, shouts etc. ?

Match Prep I've been using attacking movement at 60%, and balanced training. No shouts. At the start of the season, use match prep: tactics only on 100%, until the first league match, then u change to attacking movement and 60%.

Last edited:
I have been using this tactic for the past few days, It's very strong going forward i think, I made a slight change by taking long shots off every player that had it on,

It's a preference for me but not essential if you have players with good longs shots in your side.

Top work Ken and have a great christmas and new year my friend.

Hi Mr. Langvatn,

I about to start playing liverpool as well..care to share what players u use for each position? as well as the transfers made? the new patch have made no buyers for downing which is more realistic but bad lol!

Get Wellington Nem. He has a clause for 3,5m pounds :) Use him on the left flank. It's important that you use "true" wingers, left footed wingers on the left side, and right footed wingers on the right side. Same with wingbacks. I can't tell you what players for each position, cause you are often rotating the squad, but Suarez is the key man up front, and Nuri Sahin is the best you can have for the Advanced Playmaker position, although Gerrard also works fine here. As CM's, your best players are Gerrard and Lucas Leiva, but Allen and Hendo also does fine here. Wingers you rotate, but Wellington Nem is fantastic on the left side, so play him as often as you can (if u buy him).

icic thx...btw the tactic that u upload above..the striker is complete forward...i saw somewhere that u suggest it to be changed to poacher? if it is poacher...borini/suarez as poacher, suarez,sterling,nem,downing,assaidi on the flanks?

icic thx...btw the tactic that u upload above..the striker is complete forward...i saw somewhere that u suggest it to be changed to poacher? if it is poacher...borini/suarez as poacher, suarez,sterling,nem,downing,assaidi on the flanks?

Most clubs don't have a complete forward, and Liverpool doesn't either. Yes, Suarez has the preferred role of a complete striker, but he sucks at it. He plays much better as poacher. You can also play suarez on the right flank, and borini as poacher, with wellington nem on the left.

icic...but the tactic u uploaded, the striker is complete forward...i will go make a change =D will try tml morning and post results ^^

icic...but the tactic u uploaded, the striker is complete forward...i will go make a change =D will try tml morning and post results ^^

Yeah, I know. But after some further testing I've found that poacher contributes more goals than the CF. However, the CF contributes with more assists. It all depends what players you have, and where you want the goals to come from :) In my experience with CF, goals seem to come from the whole midfield and the wingers, just as much as the forward. With a poacher, you get more goals from him, which often is more reliable (because of finishing skill) than the wingers or the CM's.

I have changed the uploaded file now, so it shows poacher instead of CF, and it will work with all clubs. Everybody has a poacher :)

Last edited:
skimmed through and couldnt find OI's, your tactic is similar to what im using atm so going to try it second season with newcastle. 1st season i came 6th with lots of injuries and also won the euro cup. Just need to know if OI's are used or not?

Thanks

skimmed through and couldnt find OI's, your tactic is similar to what im using atm so going to try it second season with newcastle. 1st season i came 6th with lots of injuries and also won the euro cup. Just need to know if OI's are used or not?

Thanks
He dont use ois mate.