Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Langvatn

Reaction score
Spin the wheel

New thread:
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...langvatns-tactic-thread-updated-13-3-3-a.html

Updated 13.05.2013:
Hey guys! I'm (semi) back! After a lot of requests for a tactic for 13.3.3, I made one, and you can find it at the link below:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...19227-mr-langvatns-tactic-thread-im-back.html

Hey guys! After quite good success on my first tactic, I decided to make a version that was stronger for good teams, and ended up with this one. It's a 4-2-3-1 very fluid, roaming tactic, where the players generally do what they want all the time. But it works, and that so insanely good. Try it out and see what I mean. It's made for the 13.2.1 version of the game.
The tactic is soon going to be tested in Ilfandy's huge fm tactic testing project. In the current round, he is testing my old version of the tactic (My tactic is crushing all opposition), but in round 9 he will test this one. In round 10, my Underdog Beast Tactic will be tested. Follow the tactic on this thread: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...sting-project-football-manager-2013-a-46.html

It's not a possession tactic per say, but if you got a strong team you will have good possession since you have 5 midfielders. In my Rosenborg save I am averaging on over 70% possession, sometimes it's over 80%. However, you are creating chances often, and the players are not holding onto the ball for long, so don't judge any games on the possession.

You will probably have a lot of shots, but few ccc's. This is normal. You will still score a lot of goals.

Always give your team high bonuses in the competitions you want to do good in...

Keep your players happy. In this year's FM, this has a MUCH bigger impact than in previous editions.

Players: See the different roles

Most important players: Trequartista and Complete Forward (Get as good as possible players for these positions)

Match prep: Defensive positioning <-------- Very important! I changed this recently with insane results. Check the thumbnails below on the league table and the fixtures. Those are from the season I used defensive positioning. It literally makes your team score 3 times more!

Training: Balanced
Team Talk: Been using assistant manager to do that
No opposition instructions

If you get a player sent off, take off the Trequartista.

When game starts, use match prep: tactics only, together with team cohesion training, 50/50 until your first league match. Then change to Balanced/Defensive Positioning. NB! Start the preseason 6 weeks before league start, so the tactic is 100% fluid before your first league game. The first season you will maybe need to setup some extra friendly matches in order to reach 100%.

Included below is my underdog tactic, which have been tested and approved by very many players, both playing top teams and underdog teams.

I have also included my popular 4-5-1 version, which also have been helping a lot of players to success with their teams.
NB! There is also now a revitalized version of the 4-5-1 which I think works even better. I don't want full credit for this version, as I "stole" a couple parts (Although my team did play short passing, I would never have thought of changing the passing individually on every player to an absolute minimum) from the modern warfare 442 tactic (from the FM Thai Community and Bossanova14). Great job cragswfc for grabbing that tactic and translating for us, and I hope you don't mind that I took in use a couple aspects from it and implemented to my 4-5-1. I only wish for the community to get greater success.

Remember that when using plug and play tactics in FM, success is only 50% about the tactic. The other 50% goes into man management, training and player purchases!

Last edited:
This is the bomb!!! Bit gutted you started new thread was hoping we could get like 50 60 70 pages going to give this tactic the coverage it deserves? Well were on page 1 so let the fun begin. Anyway 2 0 up half time

This is the bomb!!! Bit gutted you started new thread was hoping we could get like 50 60 70 pages going to give this tactic the coverage it deserves? Well were on page 1 so let the fun begin. Anyway 2 0 up half time

Yeah, i know :) But it's less confusing for the viewers now :)

I've been trying to go to bed 4 3 hours but just carnt stop now am on a role, almost December and am top of prem top of championship and still in all comps just outstanding and at the min 1 0 up at the emirates! Love it take a bow son take a bow just carnt wait for some clown to say this is ****!

I've been trying to go to bed 4 3 hours but just carnt stop now am on a role, almost December and am top of prem top of championship and still in all comps just outstanding and at the min 1 0 up at the emirates! Love it take a bow son take a bow just carnt wait for some clown to say this is ****!

Hehe, if you manage to do bad with this tactic, you should definitely quit playing FM, or maybe quit using a computer all together... :)

Won 2 1 away at arsenal never in danger and they are 2nd in league and have a great side with signings like carvani ayew Allen wolfswinkel Valencia vrsalijko

Al never quit this ever been playing from the Amiga days Fukin like a drug this game ha ha if I ever leave my wife it'll be for the game

Topman!!!! Only problem now is these Morons will realise another patch then as per usual we have to start again :( that does **** me off as for losing I've lost 1 at city 2 1 missed a pen and ws better side so due to the role am on am well chuffed

Topman!!!! Only problem now is these Morons will realise another patch then as per usual we have to start again :( that does **** me off as for losing I've lost 1 at city 2 1 missed a pen and ws better side so due to the role am on am well chuffed

Yeah, I just hope we get some time with this before the next patch..

how about some screenshots of results please?

how about some screenshots of results please?

I will post results when the season is over. But I'm playing Rosenborg in Norway, you're bound to win. Better if you viewers can test and post results with other teams :)

Try tactic pal ul love it! Screenshots? Just try tactic n see it before ur eyes. I will post in the morning

I am undefeated in the league in over 40 games, and I am currently leading my group in Champions League, as Rosenborg :) *Pats the tactic on the shoulder*

Status
Not open for further replies.