STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE - And you thought Celtic beating Barca was something!

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 405K

August

Dave1875 wont want to look at the final match in August
Stadium expanded to 25000 seater stadium
Donald signs new contract keeping him at Pittodrie till 2026

Aberdeen 5-1 Hibs
Cabestany
Butler
Loeffen 2
Soldan

A Crushing win which mends the errors of our early season form. Despite the slow start this big win puts us top of the table.

giruy.gif

Scotland

Squad

No changes in the initial as im very happy with a settled squad and this will be the team i take to the World Cup unless injury's of a superkid regen come through. However in the run up to the game Craig Sibbald got injured so i called up Martin Nelson giving him his chance to challenge Russell for the 3rd choice striker role.

World Cup Qualifier Match 9
Scotland 1-0 Ireland
Forrest

This was about giving players like Martin Nelson, Matt Phillips and and Jamie Forrest there chance. 1/3 did enough to prove they maybe shouldn't be on the bench

World Cup Qualifier Match 10
Sweden 1-2 Scotland
Rhodes
Wilson

We went to Sweden to win a game and secure a perfect 100% record in qualifying and we did it. Saved our toughest match to last where after loosing our early lead we had to go for it and a late header from Danny Wilson secured our 10th consecutive qualifying victory. Out of all the other Groups Portugal are the only big team who went out.

View attachment 320272

Well done. I'm hoping for the superkid regen to lead your team to the next World Cup. Get your Scottish Aitor:D.

Well done. I'm hoping for the superkid regen to lead your team to the next World Cup. Get your Scottish Aitor:D.

The only man likely to become a top quality player is Liam Fotheringham who im trying to play as much as possible to develop him into a great defender

October

Another great result beating Liverpool in the Champions League
Quarter Finals is our limit again in the League Cup
100% record in the league again but We have unusual close company

Fixtures

Aberdeen 2-0 Motherwell
Loeffen 2

Star man Loeffen scored twice then went off tired. I hope the players wont have to much activity during the internationals

Aberdeen 4-0 St Johnstone
Kardum 3
Keogh

Loeffen got a knock while on international duty so i rested him for the Liverpool game and Kardum as usual came through as a most suitable back up.

Champions League match 3
Aberdeen 2-1 Liverpool
Pierce
Loeffen

25,000 Flooded to Pittodrie and they did not leave disappointed. Chris Pierce continued his assault on the Golden Boot by opening the scoring on the half hour and a second half Loeffen strike had us 2 goals ahead Liverpool star forward Armstrong had them right back in the game but we just shut up shop and the last 10 minutes flew past almost without incident and victory was deservedly mine, i mean ours!

View attachment 320295

Shock of the season so far was in the other match as Porto lost i Prague 3-2 to seriously danger last years finalists chances of reaching the last 16 and putting us 6 points clear after only 3 games

View attachment 320294
Aberdeen Back to there best
Coming through Hearts, Celtic and Rangers at the beginning of the season and now getting massive wins against international super clubs Porto, Liverpool. "A few small changes to the way we were playing and an improved attitude from the players has made for a good start. We wont be getting for far of ourselves 3 or 4 great results now will mean squat if we don't do well after Christmas"

Aberdeen 1-0 Dundee
Loeffen

Dundee are struggling at the bottom so i thought dropping 3 players would not make a difference but we ended up scraping a win.

League Cup Q/F
Aberdeen 1-3 Celtic
Archer

This was not good enough. Since the Liverpool game we've been rubbish. Disappointing to go out again at this stage. Team was strong enough to beat Celtics reserve team sadly not on this night.

League
View attachment 320296

Were doing nothing too far wrong but are only 3 points of a rejuvenated Hearts team who have made stonking start. Shearer and Celtic are already 9 points off the Dons at the top

Player of the month
Mark Loeffen
View attachment 320297

My main man put on his shooting boots in October scoring every time he played and Winning the Dundee game single handedly

Just read through it all. Awesome! Well done mate, keep up the fantastic work. :)

Scotland

Squad
Craig Sibbald returns to the squad for the friendlys while Steven Crainey still isn't fit enough to return

Friendly
Iran 1-3 Scotland
Rhodes 2
Sneddon

Sneddon was the man of the match while Rhodes continues to lead the strikeforce.

Friendly
U.A.E 0-1 Scotland
Sneddon

Perhaps some signs tonight that U.A.E wont be so easily beaten in there own yard. We labored to the win thanks to a goal just after half time from Derek Sneddon. These victory's shifted us back up to 16th in the world rankings

Australia, Paraguay, Czech Rep, Wales, Serbia and Croatia are the final teams to qualify for the World Cup Finals. Draw will be on after the November updates.

November

A draw in Liverpool then victory in Prague ensured we win the Group
100% record again in the league
Rewarded for beating Arbroath by getting Cetlic in the 5th round

Fixtures

Champions League Match 4
Liverpool 1-1 Aberdeen
Elias

Our 100% record in the group comes to an end. We led at half time thanks to a Elias strike but the scousers came back in the second half and took control of the game equalizing and then looking like they could grab a winner but thankfully we held out to take a point from Anfield. A win in Prague next time out will secure top spot in the group

Rangers 2-3 Aberdeen
Archer
Elias
Loeffen

We just hung on in the end. Rangers Mark Fotheringham was inspired and had the game of his life as the dragged Rangers back into the match but we managed to hold on

Aberdeen 2-0 Celtic
Loeffen
Glowacki

Half our team, including Soldan Butler and Bamba were injured in the international window but we still had more than enough to overcome this poor Celtic side.

Champions League Match 5
Sparta Prague 2-4 Aberdeen
Loeffen
Elias 2
Barkley

We've done it. The group secured and thee youth team will get a game against Porto

View attachment 320797

Scottish Cup 4th Round
Aberdeen 4-0 Arbroath
Xavier
Glowacki
Keogh
Hugo

No surprises and our class showed and were rewarded with a match against Celtic in the 5th round

League
View attachment 320794

Were still locked in a tight battle with Hearts for top spot but our perfect record keeps us on top with a game in hand.

Player of the month
Elias
View attachment 320796

Our Spanish midfielder loves to score important goals and goals against Liverpool and Rangers were massive

World Cup Group Draw

View attachment 321178

Our fantastic run of results have seen us flying up the world rankings and were now seen as a 2nd seed team amongst the likes of Croatia, Denmark, Czech Republic, Germany, Greece, Serbia and Wales, All of which we avoid in the draw.

The best group for Scotland is
Qatar
Scotland
Senegal
Canada

While the worst group we could get is
Italy
Scotland
Uruguay
Australia

In any case I think we can get through to the last 16

1st Seeds

View attachment 321177

Group F or H are the only two groups i or anyone will really want. The rest will all feature a very tough game against a World Class team

2nd seeds

View attachment 321179

Ahh Italia, The defending champions! Shall be a tricky tie with the bulk of there squad being from Roma and Juventus while the best 3 players come from Inter. Non of these group look spectacular at this stage.

From the African/South American seeds i would like South Africa, Tunisia or Senegal.

3rd seeds

View attachment 321180

Maybe i shouldn't have asked for Tunisia. 4 players valued of £10m although most of there squad is based in France so will most likely beat me.

A few nasty teams could spring a upset. Australia, Mexico, USA, Japan are all good enough to beat anyone on there day.

4th seeds

View attachment 321181

And we don't have to worry about any of that as we draw the Canadians who are pants.

This will be a very interesting set up. Tunisia will be dark horses to qualify in my opinion its 50/50 either of us could win that game and go through with Italy.

December

Another perfect month in the league
Stunning result for the back up players who beat Porto in a typical Scottish back against the wall with no possession
We have our 1st player making the World Team of the year

View attachment 321254

Fixtures

Aberdeen 2-0 Dundee Utd
Loeffen 2

Mark Loeffen was unstoppable today. 2 goals and one earlier on disallowed.

Hibs 2-3 Aberdeen
Loeffen
Bamba
Sneddon

Twice threw away our lead and it looked like we'd be leaving Edinburgh with a point until Derek Sneddon smashed home a 91st winner.

Champions League Match 6
Aberdeen 1-0 Porto
Kardum

Michal Soldan was our only recognizable starting player who played today so i expected nothing from this game. Our Defense of tomorrow has a lot of potential by holding off one of the worlds strongest strike forces and putting them right out of the Champions League as Liverpool end up 2nd.

Aberdeen 4-0 Hearts
Loeffen 2
Sneddon
Cabestany

Happy Birthday to me! Hearts are thrashed and that's there 2nd defeat in a row to finally give us a bit of breathing space at the top

Aberdeen 2-0 Kilmarnock
Elias
Loeffen

A handful of youngsters and back ups got a run out today but it was the old reliable pair of Elias and Loeffen

Ross County 0-1 Aberdeen
Elias

Shouldn't be upset with another win with only 6 regular starters supporting 5 youngsters but we were awful today

League
View attachment 321259

Were at the half way point in the season and its looking good. Just on target to get 100 points but quite a bit off the 100 goals. Hearts have fallen off our pace after having a awful month and now there watching Celtic behind rather than Aberdeen at the top. 4 Teams at the bottom all look in danger of being in the relegation fight. Rangers are having there worst season since returning to the SPL

Player of the month
Derek Sneddon
View attachment 321260

Del Boy was the only player to have played every game this month holding off the challenge of the kids who wanted a game

Champions League last 16 Draw

Bayer Leverkusen V Aberdeen
View attachment 321297View attachment 321298

For the second year in a row we were the last team out of the hat once again getting a favourable draw. In fact The Germans were by a long way the worst runners up team so it couldnt have gone any better for us. Having said all that the last time we met Bayer they beat us 4-2 and drew 0-0 at Pittodrie in our 1st champions league adventure

Full Draw
View attachment 321299

Champions League last 16 Draw

Bayer Leverkusen V Aberdeen

For the second year in a row we were the last team out of the hat once again getting a favourable draw. In fact The Germans were by a long way the worst runners up team so it couldnt have gone any better for us. Having said all that the last time we met Bayer they beat us 4-2 and drew 0-0 at Pittodrie in our 1st champions league adventure

Full Draw

Just read from about page 29 mate, excellent story!! We need to chat, lol

I know you hate the Gers but i have been trying for YEARS to win the champions league and NEVER ever done it mate.

Always wanted to win it with your own team. and to see you do it and your reaction has made me want to quit my job right now and go home and try!! lol

Great story mate, doing great!!

just caught up, cracking read and champions league is a great achievement. scotland does seem harder on FM13, was going to recreate my greatest achievement and win the champions league with montrose like i did on FM11 but it would seem i need patience i just dont have

Just read from about page 29 mate, excellent story!! We need to chat, lol

I know you hate the Gers but i have been trying for YEARS to win the champions league and NEVER ever done it mate.

Always wanted to win it with your own team. and to see you do it and your reaction has made me want to quit my job right now and go home and try!! lol

Great story mate, doing great!!

Good to hear, although I hope your still employed!

just caught up, cracking read and champions league is a great achievement. scotland does seem harder on FM13, was going to recreate my greatest achievement and win the champions league with montrose like i did on FM11 but it would seem i need patience i just dont have

I would love to see Montrose win the Champions Leauge!

Thanks guys! As i've said before its take 14 years of playing the game to win it with Aberdeen which makes this my favorite game ever!

January

Yet another 100% run through the league. How much could i live to regret those two draws earlier in the season
Drama on the 31st as huge bids come in for our star players
Dundee sack Eamonn Fullerton and hire former Hearts striker Calum Elliot to try and save them from relegation

Fixtures

Motherwell 1-5 Aberdeen
Soldan 3
Elias
Loeffen

A Strange and unusual choice for a hatrick scorer in Soldan easily having his best match of the season. Perennial back up defender Helge Mjomen made his 100th appearance for Aberdeen

Aberdeen 3-0 Dunfermline
Backstrom
Glowacki
Hugo

As the scorers suggest it was one of our youngest teams ever on display today.

Dundee 0-2 Aberdeen
Bamba
Elias

Started out with a young team but had to bring in the superstars to get two late goals and keep our winning run going.

St Johnstone 0-3 Aberdeen
Elias
Loeffen
Xavier

Chris Pierce plays his 275th game for Aberdeen while forward Mark Loeffen plays his 150th game for the dons

Dundee Utd 1-4 Aberdeen
Sneddon 2
Loeffen
Pierce

We conceded a goal! Disgraceful a great way to start our run of tricky games

Aberdeen 1-0 Rangers
Loeffen

It may not have been our best or most comfortable win but sneaking a win past our fiercest rivals is always nice.

League
View attachment 321575

The Dons have stretched there legs to a uncatchable position as Hearts and Celtic especially continue to stumble

Player of the month
Grzegorz Glowacki
View attachment 321577

Through January i decided to give youngsters run out to get a feel for how they will get on in the 1st team. Out of the lot no matter if he was an attacking winger or a right back Glowacki shone as a star for the future.

Good to hear, although I hope your still employed! !

Lol dont worry mate i am. Not that stupid. Seriously though, how do you do it? I mean i've tried and tried but never done it. Got to semi's once but i think thats a fluke!!

Back