STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE - And you thought Celtic beating Barca was something!

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 405K
Brilliant work with Scotland, Rhodes and Sneddon are scoring tonnes.

Jordan Rhodes has been amazing for me. Had already racked up a half ton of International goals before i got the job. Might make him tempting for future games

March

Champions League Disaster at Pittodrie
Continue to march towards a League & Cup double
Youth search finds some gems for next season

Fixtures

Champions League last 16 2nd Leg
Aberdeen 1-1 Marseilles
Archer

AGG
Aberdeen 1-1 Marseilles - Marseilles win on away goals

Wow. This is a upset. Don't know what you readers have thought but I've felt this season we've lost some of our ruthlessness and since October we have been seriously lackluster but that aside this is still a major shock to me.

Other results
View attachment 318581

View attachment 318586

Aberdeen let Scotland down
Aberdeen's have taken over from the Old Firm as Scotland biggest team and in there 1st season as the "headline" team in Scotland they have fallen well short of there own and the country's expectation by going out at the last 16 stage. "Obviously im disappointed but many bigger teams haven't even got this far. The most upsetting part of the result is that this was a team we should have beaten. The quality is most defiantly in this team to have got past the French team but then my luck with the France is famous"

Aberdeen 3-0 Dunfermline
Cristian
Loeffen 2

A solid return to league and a decent result after failing in Europe. Using these games to boost the players im selling value

Celtic 0-2 Aberdeen
Elias
Loeffen

A 3rd win over Celtic this season which opens the gap to 18 points with 7 games to go.

Hibs 2-4 Aberdeen
Cabestany
Kardum 2
Sneddon

Hibs were 3-0 down before they started playing

League

Aberdeen will win the league in early April, Celtic and Hearts are locked in a fight for 2nd while Livingston almost need a miracle to stay up

Player of the month
Derek Sneddon
View attachment 318582

Nothing spectacular this month but Sneddons goal against Holland put him over in my good books.

Aberdeen 2021 Youth intake
Signed up 3 players now and 3 new youngsters will arrive in June

Keigan Hegarty - ML - 3* potential
View attachment 318583

Grant Lawson - AT - 3* potential
View attachment 318584

Chris Gauld - ML - 3* potential
View attachment 318585

Non of these will probably ever become 1st team regulars but in worst case scenario is they will be sold off in the future for a small fee. The poor quality of this intake means i have had to look even harder around the continent for other players to make up my u19's next season. You will see them in June

Unlucky in the CL, you should have blamed it on the disallowed goal.

That disallowed goal was the difference maker huh!

It would have been a totally different 2nd leg had we got the away goal in the 1st leg. Its never comfortable coming away from the 1st leg without an away goal

April

League won against Dundee Utd
We beat Dundee Utd 7 days later to set up a cup final against Hibs
Beat Rangers to keep our 100% record against them. That was the only target we met this season

Fixtures

Aberdeen 5-0 Dundee Utd
Kardum 2
Elias 2
Cabestany

A Nice warm up for the Cup Semi Final next week on the day that we won the league

Scottish Cup S/F
Aberdeen 3-0 Dundee Utd
Kardum
Soldan
Archer

Not quite the thrashing we performed last week but were still comfortably into the Scottish Cup Final where we'll play Hibs rather than the usual St Johnstone

Aberdeen 2-1 Rangers
Loeffen
Kardum

Just when it looked like Rangers were going to keep up there tradition of beating us once a season but no not this time! Loeffen got the second half under way with the equalizer then we went all out for the win and sub Kardum grabbed the winning goal

View attachment 318663

Blue Heaven
View attachment 318662

"Every season we have slipped up against Rangers and lost somewhere to them despite my demands to the team that we must be undefeated against Rangers all seasonand after seasons of dissapointed the boys have finally done it. Next season well be looking to turn 3 wins and a draw into 4 wins"

Hearts 0-4 Aberdeen
Soldan
Bamba
Loeffen 2

Soldan scored before coming off injured with a hernia injury that signals an end to another season of injury disappointments

League
View attachment 318665

The title was on the 1st match against Dundee Utd and Celtic looked to have taken 2nd place and Livingston looked doomed to return to Division 1. So little to look forward to in May

Player of the month
Jens Kardum
View attachment 318664

If Soldan has had i injury hit season the Kardum has been even worse. Also with the bigger squad he has played a lot less this season but when Loeffen got injured Kardum came in and prove himself the perfect back up forward.

I would be hopeful of Hibs grabbing a win against you, but looking at your results in recent seasons...... Gie the baw tae Reilly!

I would be hopeful of Hibs grabbing a win against you, but looking at your results in recent seasons...... Gie the baw tae Reilly!

Have faith Dave! Hibs took a point off us in 2017 and 2019 so this could be there year! haha

May

Fixtures

Aberdeen 1-2 Hibs
Cristain

A defeat but it was a full team of reserves and back ups

Celtic 2-4 Aberdeen
Loeffen 3
Elias

Celtic may be the best of a rest but they learned today that its along way to the top

Dundee Utd 2-3 Aberdeen
Loeffen 2
Pierce

Not the way we intended to end our season by letting a 3-1 lead slip in Dundee of course!

Final league Table
View attachment 318674

Its been a while since I have communicated with you via here (I visit Darran at work a few times every week) so here it goes......................

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

images

Its been a while since I have communicated with you via here (I visit Darran at work a few times every week) so here it goes......................

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

images

Worryingly 99% of the time thats the first thing i hear upon his arrival. Although next time it may involve Papis Cisse

Scottish Cup Final
View attachment 318690

Hibs V Aberdeen
View attachment 318688View attachment 318689

Well a change may be for the better. Hibs end St Johnstone's run of being loosing finalist in this competition, getting a bit ahead of myself perhaps.

Team News

Hibs
The Hibbies most dangerous feature is there strike force of Billy Sinclair and Mike Combe. 46 goals this season. Only injury for Malky Mackay's team is Midfielder Josh Falkingham who misses out with injury

Aberdeen
Our only missing cog is Michal Soldan who' season ended last month with a hernia issue. Elsewhere were at full power.

Match

1st Half

20 - Goal - Loeffen
Aberdeens star striker isn't going out for the season without adding further to his tally

35 - Goal - Elias
Hopefully this is a sign of the season to come. Elias getting back to fitness and back in the goals

40 - Goal - Bamba
The player of the season hits the killer blow that ends this game before the half time oranges are served.

HT Hibs 0-3 Aberdeen
Safe to say the Scottish cup wont be leaving Pittodrie this season

2nd Half

87 - Injury - Kardum
Off the bench to make his 150th Aberdeen appearance and it didn't end as he deserved with a injury after a ineffective 15 minutes on the pitch.

FT Hibs 0-3 Aberdeen

View attachment 318691

We stretch our run of holding the Scottish cup into a 5th consecutive year and 6 the last 7 and few of them where easier than this. Had all the feeling of two teams ending there season and ready to move onto bigger and better things next season.

View attachment 318692

"Rangers and Queens Park have both managed to win hattricks of Scottish cups over the years but never has a team won 5 Scottish Cups on the bounce but today we did it! Even our great team of the 80's could not better 4 Scottish Cups in 5 years so this has to be our proudest long term achievement so far"

Well done domestically. Based on your last post in response to me, if you play at home first in Europe, you have a mini panic attack.

Well done domestically. Based on your last post in response to me, if you play at home first in Europe, you have a mini panic attack.

We do bottle it. Thats exactly what we did against Marseille. Will be interesting to see how we do if the situation arises next season

2020/21 Season Review

SPL - Winner
Scottish Cup - Winner
League Cup - Quarter Final
Champions League - Last 16

Season Stats
View attachment 318953

Final team talk
"Well boys I'll be honest and I hope you can be too. You've let your standards slip! Last season we reached unreachable heights and although it was always going to be a massive task to retain all our trophy's but worse than that I felt at some stages especially in domestic games you couldn't turn you eminence talent advantage into wins. Drawing and Loosing 4 times each to teams outside the Old firm is far from acceptable. I am immediately putting my mind to next season and as I said a few weeks ago there will not be room for all of you moving forward especially the players who I feel have lost passion for what the club is all about. You will see nobody is bigger than me and nothing is bigger than the club"

SPL
View attachment 318955View attachment 318956

Last season we were ridiculous and that made me believe that we could improve further and possibly move closer to a perfect or unbeaten season. Unfortunately the team were not as impressive as last season so we had to settle for a conclusive league win by 21 points.

Celtic were next up taking a Champions League qualifying place along with Hearts who provided a strong Challenge even sneaking ahead of Celtic at some stages. Rangers fall back to 6th and both Old firm teams HAVE to spend to catch us up.

The battle for relegation ended rather abruptly as Livingston went on a long winless run and Ross County and Dunfermline started picking up points. Much to my delight St Johnstone return to the SPL.

Scottish Cup Final
Hibs 0-3 Aberdeen

View attachment 318961

Another Scottish cup to add to the collection.

Scottish League Cup Final
Celtic 1-1 Rangers
Celtic win on pens

View attachment 318962

The Old firm pick up there 1st trophy in 4 seasons. Will we have to wait till 2021 for the next Old Firm Cup final in real life?

2019/20 Awards

Footballer of the year
Arnaud Bamba
View attachment 318965

It sums up our team when I say he deserved it more on last seasons performances than this years

Top Scorer
Mark Loeffen
View attachment 318966

27 league goals in a campaign where Mark had his fair share of injury issues to deal with.

Young Player of the year
Liam Fotheringham
View attachment 318967

Wow he only made a handful of appearances and would have had him in the running for this next season but our future Centerback star better get used to awards

Team Of the year
9/11 are Dons once again.Only Ross County's Gemmill and Hibs forward Combe
View attachment 318969

Darran Donalds player of the season
Alex Butler
View attachment 318968

Our Captain and a Aussie legend. Never really got a mention over the years. Undramatic but very steady player to say the least.

Manager of the year
Darran Donald
Back to back titles for me and 3/4
View attachment 318970

Match of the season
21/11/2020
Aberdeen 7-3 Ross County

View attachment 318972

This was insane. 5-3 at half time, Loeffen grabbed a hattrick in that time too.

Signing of the season
Oscar Nanclares
View attachment 318971

The stand out of my free signings. The only other one will have a eye for keeping is Revuelta but will he survive my deep clean.

European Cups

Champions League Final
Porto 1-2 Real Madrid - AET
View attachment 318974

Real Madrid win the title at Old Trafford with a 2-1 win. Oh the irony!

Europa League
Roma 0-0 CSKA Moscow - CSKA win on pens
View attachment 318975

Roma come so close to winning back to back Europa League titles

Other European Leagues

England
View attachment 318985

Chelsea regain the Premiership. Arsenal drop from dominant champions to failing to qualify for the Champions League like Man Utd

Germany
View attachment 318986

Dortmund are champions again ahead of the two Bayern teams. Schalke from being 2nd all the way down to 14th as Werder Bremen are relegated

Italy
View attachment 318987

Roma win the league as Inter Juventus tie for 2nd and Napoli and Ac Milan reach the Europa league

Spain
View attachment 318988

Season not over but Barcelona win the league

Going into the summer
As I've been preaching there will be changes this summer. Not sure Who will stay and who will go the chances are at least 1 big name who is trying to force a move and others might follow. Hopefully not but what squad I'll have next season is anyone's guess and until then I wont be making any predictions.

Post Season

Tied down the squad with lots of contracts running towards there final year. There was new Contracts for Mark Loeffen, Pep Cabestany, Alex Butler, Darren Hughes, Brett Archer, Helge Mjomen.

One player rejected the offer and is yet to agree a new deal. Our player of the year Bamba want more than we can afford so will continue to negotiate over the summer to see if we can thrash out a deal.

Assistant manager Steve Clarke and U19's manager Marco Andreolli sign on also as i pester the board for a pay rise.

7/6/2021
Transfer Window opens

New Signings

Enzio Lupson - DC - 4*
View attachment 319212

I've had luck with the only other Dutch player I've signed. Not expecting the same results from Enzio but we'll see how he gets on in the U18's

Neil Kelly - MC - 3*
View attachment 319213

Remember his being better than this. Never mind though my youth team needs more midfielders for depth and we'll see how he gets on along side Andy Lane in the U18's

Hugo - AT - 4.5*
View attachment 319210

This is my undoubted star signing. Still only 15 and coming from Porto he will get plenty of games through the next few seasons as he progresses to the 1st team.

Out

Gregg Elrick
Had potential when we signed him up in 2017 but despite a handful of games for the Dons and 4 loan spells he showed no signs of being any use to us so he went off to Kilmarnock

Belarmino Revuelta
The Spanish international arrived on a free last summer from the traditional Barca cast offs and wound up playing a lot more games than i expected him too. Proved to be a useful 1st team players who was never going to stay with all the interest in him. Ended up going to the highest bidder with Sociedad offering £7.5m being a awesome return.

Darren Hughes
I didn't plan on selling Darren Hughes this summer but when Fulham and there genius of a manager "Rafa Benitez" offered me £10m for the back up midfielder i let him go. Might turn out to regret it since Bamba wont sign on it may leave me light in the midfield department.

View attachment 319211

Oliver Hansson - Loan
Like Hughes i may regret this decision. Will make £1m from loaning him to Celtic for the season with the view to a future move.

Scotland

Squad

James McArthur decided to retire from Football at the tender age of 33 so i call up another veteran to the squad Liam Bridcutt to take his place. Craig Crawford also returns to the squad after injury

World Cup Qualifyer Match 6
Scotland 3-0 Lithuania
T Cairney
S Cairney 2

A new problem as win again. Never have i had this issue of two scorers with the same name but the Cairney family fired us to victory so i shouldn't complain. Derek Sneddon gets his 40th Cap

View attachment 319214

Friendly
Scotland 1-1 Ghana
Sneddon

I made a few changes to try out some of the squad players and they did well but just couldn't take there chances to win the game.

View attachment 319215

For some reason we have jumped up 12 places to 22nd in the world

Hugo looks as though he will turn into a top class player! What are your targets for the Champions League next year? Also, how far do you think your Scotland team can go in the world cup when you qualify? Love the story mate, keep it up!

Hugo looks as though he will turn into a top class player! What are your targets for the Champions League next year? Also, how far do you think your Scotland team can go in the world cup when you qualify? Love the story mate, keep it up!

Scotland never get through the group stage so i'd settle for that. Like i said at the start of last season our group is not very challenging, Ireland and Sweden are very weak. compared to there real life 2013 teams.

The rest will be revealed in my season review coming up later today

Good transfers, I'd be tempted to spend a little on a CM, though. Have you looked at the Spanish castaways yet? What does Crawford look like now? As far as I'm cared, you can do anything you want in the transfer window, as long as you keep Sneddon, for some reason I like him.

Good transfers, I'd be tempted to spend a little on a CM, though. Have you looked at the Spanish castaways yet? What does Crawford look like now? As far as I'm cared, you can do anything you want in the transfer window, as long as you keep Sneddon, for some reason I like him.

Sneddon and Soldan are the only two that are indespensable and i will always push the boat to keep. The rest are always fighting to keep there place.

Back