STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE - And you thought Celtic beating Barca was something!

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 405K
Lol dont worry mate i am. Not that stupid. Seriously though, how do you do it? I mean i've tried and tried but never done it. Got to semi's once but i think thats a fluke!!

No magic at all. Took me 6 seasons just to win the SPL. Just needed the right youngsters, Finding the best 16-18 year old players that you can get to come to the team and develop them right with plenty of 1st team action, even then plenty of youngsters despite the scouts loving them, having great stats and getting plenty of games still dont develop. Then once we were known on the continent we could spend money to get better players in who would have had no interest previously. My champions league win was full of drama and luck. The quarter Finals and Final was won in stoppage time on both occasions. Luck of the draw and strong knowlege of a counter attack tactic for when we played the top class teams especially away from home let us steel goals we usually wouldnt have scored

January Transfer Window
One of the more interesting January's

Aberdeen

In

Nowt

Our squad was over loaded. Youth players weren't getting enough action and the wage budget is still well over planned so cuts had to be made

Out

Chris Keogh - 131 games and 8 goals
The Irish international ended his 5 and a half year stay at Pittodrie.
Worked his way into the 1st team before better youth started coming through forcing him to more to Aston Villa on loan last season and after returning in the summer he failed to win a place back in the team regularly so he was sold to Middlesbrough for £6m

On Loan

Two attacking midfielders expecting this year to be there breakthrough year but have ended up going out on loan to try and further there development. Andy Lane - Celtic and Cristian - Levante are going to spend the second half of this season to show me they are worthy of a place in Aberdeen's 1st team

Drama on the 31st
Drama doesn't cut it!
View attachment 321583

7 of my best players all got offers many of which were very tempting and some of which even negotiated!

Firstly the offers for Brett Archer, Alex Butler and Chris Pierce were all well bellow what I'd accept so were rejected and forgotten about

Derek Sneddon will never be sold by choice while im in charge

That leaves 3

Mark Loeffen - £22m - Man City
Had this been another team i would have considered negotiating a deal for double the price at the end of the season but he is too important to sell at this stage in the season

Arnaud Bamba - £17m - Paris SG
Bamba's huge wages, £55k a week are our biggest cash flow problems. Like Loeffen i would have needed a far bigger offer and a deal at the end of season but PSG didnt budge on either so Bamba stays

Joesep Cabestany - £22m - Man City
This was the closest of the close. He was almost on his way to Madrid last summer but a deal just fell short as Man City did here. We had agreed to complete the deal in the summer but Man City will never know how close they came to buying him. Man City started at £15m Aberdeen at £26m my final negotiation was £22m to £24m but they ended talks with 2 hours of the window left.

So despite all the offers all the superstar stay!

World Transfers
Barcelona spend £43.5m on a right back and sell Bojan to Roma again
View attachment 321580

SPL Transfers
Celtic make there move to get back into 2nd by buying a center back and a winger, neither of who have a great
track record
View attachment 321581

View attachment 321582
Dons resist big offers for there big stars

Another transfer window closes much to the delight of everyone associated with the Dons. "Every time the window opens were at major risk of loosing any of our best players to the bigger teams although its been a long time since we lost a player by choice to one of the big teams. Ever since Lee Burns took over either he or myself have managed to talk the players round and tell these big clubs where to go with there offers" This tactic may have worked so far but as the players are mostly still kids in there early 20's and who's to say as they enter there prime will there desire to win bigger trophy's with bigger teams may sway there train of thought. Even if the players stay at pittodrie through the prime of there career will Aberdeen prove to be as loyal once the players hit there 30's and the last chance of a big pay check for there services comes? We'll have to wait and see.

Euro 2024 Qualifyer Draw

After our meteoric rise through the World Rankings Scotland are top seeds for this draw

Group G
View attachment 321664

This has the potential to be a tricky group. Both Belgium and Turkey have there share of class players which could see themselfs and our team will be in the battle to challenge to win the group

February

Still unbeaten and can smell some league records
Aberdeen's record Scottish cup run ends at Parkhead
In a good position in the Champions League

Fixtures

Celtic 0-1 Aberdeen
Xavier

One of the worst game of the season or in Football Manager history. Ended up settling for a point with 10 minutes to go when sub Xavier made a argument for a pay rise by scoring the winning goal deep into stoppage time. We'll be back next week for a game in the cup, hopefully a better game and better performance

Scottish Cup 5th Round
Celtic 4-3 Aberdeen
Loeffen 3

Mark this date in your calendar! After 20 games, and over 6 seasons Aberdeen lost in the Scottish Cup. It was a thrilling game where we lost the lead on 2 occasions then to top it off Celtic found a winner in the 92nd minute. Bamba choose this occasion to play his 200th game for Aberdeen as we face the prospect of only 1 trophy this season.

Aberdeen 4-0 Hibs
Loeffen 2
Soldan
Archer

Perfect warm up for the Champions League game. Yet another Aberdeen Landmark day. Daniel Monnard makes his 225th Aberdeen appearance, Elias pulls on the shirt for the 200th time.

Champions League Last 16 1st Leg
Leverkusen 1-1 Aberdeen
Kardum

We escaped with a draw and the all important away goal. Our case wasn't helped with Loeffen going off with a knock after a whole 2 minutes. Bayer took the lead after never looking dangerous and never looking dangerous again! We got the goal we deserved with 15 minutes to spare but didn't ever look like getting the winner after that. Well placed for the 2nd leg however so im happy.

View attachment 321732

Hearts 0-1 Aberdeen
Glowacki

We took al ong time to get going and were not helped by the ref not giving us two penalty's but eventually back up winger Glowacki got the only goal of the day

Kilmarnock 1-3 Aberdeen
Loeffen
Elias 2

Never have i been so glad of a international break. We were awful in the 1st half even fell behind for a few minutes till the usual pair of Loeffen and Elias pulled us through to another unbeaten month in the league. Derek Sneddon plays his 375th game for Aberdeen

League
View attachment 321733

Were very close to 2 SPL records. If we win our next game we'll set a new record for wins in a row beating Celtics 25 wins in a row in 2003/2004. And if we avoid defeat in our next 3 games well beat the same sides record of 32 games unbeaten.

Player of the month
Helge Mjomen
View attachment 321734

A "back up" defender getting a 7.9 rating over a month is unbelievable enough add on to that he wasn't playing in his favorite position.

Youth Intake

This years intake was pants only one player was signed up

Stephen Grant - DL
View attachment 321751

Stephen is one of the most exciting players to come through the youth ranks for a while, possibly ever.

You can win the CL. Grant, more exciting than Sneddon? No Aitor, though. He is a great regen.

Oh. Are you investing heavily in the youth system?

I would if i could. They have not let me do anything in years! Think were up to the maximum we can be. Adding a few more scouts before next seasons youth intake to see if that helps

I would if i could. They have not let me do anything in years! Think were up to the maximum we can be. Adding a few more scouts before next seasons youth intake to see if that helps
Can you post up a facilities SS?

Ask and you shall recieve! Is exceptional the next level we can get?

View attachment 322312
Thanks. There might be one more level of youth recruitment and there may be room for improvement with training and youth facilities but the facilities page won't say there's a difference. The only way for better corporate facilities is a new stadium.

March

Eliminate Leverkusen and await a favorable draw for the Quarter Finals
League in the bag after thrashing Motherwell
2 Massive league records from the great 2003/2004 Celtic team are broken. 25 wins in a row and counting, 33 unbeaten and counting. Almost 8 months since we didn't win in the League

Fixtures

Champions League last 16 2nd leg
Aberdeen 4-2 Leverkusen
Loeffen 4

Agg Aberdeen 5-3

6 goals and only 2 goals scorers. Mark Loeffen single handely got us into a 4-0 lead before Leverkusens star striker Glowacz got two goals of his own but is wasn't enough to stop our run to the Quarter Finals

Man City couldn't recover from getting thrashed in Paris, Bayern beat defending champions Real Madrid in the biggest game while Marseilles cause the biggest surprise by reaching the Quarter finals again this time beating Liverpool

View attachment 322637

Aberdeen 4-1 Ross County
Loeffen
Elias
O'G
Sneddon

The winning record is broken. 26 games in a row is now more than the great Celtic team of 2003/04

View attachment 322640
View attachment 322638

Aberdeen's team at the moment is widely recognized as the team of the era but there 2021/22 version are well on the way to going down as the greatest SPL team in history. There record winning and unbeaten runs have overtake the records set in 2003/04 by a Celtic team featuring Henrik Larsson. "Now we have beaten the national records we can look forward to possibly taking on the International domestic records. The 1971 Benfica team managed 29 wins in a row so if we win our next games 4 games we'll have a World record for Winning run. In terms of going unbeaten we have a long long way to go to beat the 106 game run Steau Bucuresti had in the late 80's"

Aberdeen 6-1 Motherwell
Loeffen
Elias
Bamba
Sneddon 2
Kardum

This massive victory makes it 27 in a row and secures a 5th League title incredible with 10 games to go

Dunfermline 0-4 Aberdeen
Loeffen
Sneddon
Soldan
Bamba

First it was the winning record we got, Now its the longest unbeaten run in SPL history. 33 games and counting

League
View attachment 322633

Ok so you've herd enough about my record breaking March so lets check the rest of the league. Hearts have a gap to defend to Celtic and Dundee Utd who are starting to find there form. Rangers and Hibs fighting for 6th place, Dundee and Dunfermline fighting to survive

Player of the month
Derek Sneddon
View attachment 322635

The national hero was on top form in March. Loeffen may have taken the headlines with all the goals but Sneddon had a far higher Ave Rating so player of the month is his.

Scotland

Friendly
Scotland 1-1 Mexico
Rhodes

View attachment 322636

Just a quick update on the result as nothing of note happened. Next time we'll here from Scotland is getting the squad together for the World cup

Champions League Quarter final draw

Marseille V Aberdeen
View attachment 322722View attachment 322723

We meet up with the side that knocked us out at the last 16 stage last year. I have more confidence in my side to beat them this season as our league form has shown were a much more stable side that the French will find tougher to break down home and away.

Full draw
View attachment 322725

If we get past the French side were guaranteed a trip to London for a Semi Final tie with either Spurs or Chelsea
View attachment 322726

April

Aberdeen set a world record with 30 League wins on the trot
Another Celtic record is broken as we pass the 103 point barrier
Dunfermline are relegated and sack Derek Adams

Fixtures

Champions League Q/F 1st leg
Marseille 1-3 Aberdeen
Elias
Loeffen
Soldan

What a difference a year makes. This time round it was oh so comfortable. Could even have a goal disallowed and still win comfortably

View attachment 322819

Aberdeen 3-0 St Johnstone
Backstrom
Bamba 2

Rested 7 players with the 2nd leg just 4 days away and again the youth and the pro's mixed perfectly to put on one of the teams best performances of the season so far.

Champions League Q/F 2nd leg
Aberdeen 2-2 Marseilles
Nanclares
Lecomte

AGG
Aberdeen 5-3 Aberdeen

Not the best of results on the night but were through overall and that's all that matters. Tottenham beat Chelsea to join us in the Semi finals

View attachment 322820

Aberdeen 3-0 Dundee
Sneddon 2
Cabestany

3 Goals, 30 Wins our quite little city's in the record books!

Aberdeen 2-0 Dundee Utd
Hugo 2

Champions League S/F 1st Leg
Aberdeen 4-1 Tottenham
Elias 3
Barkley

Incredible scenes. Elias had the game of his life to put us well on the way to the final. Where judging by the 1st leg results will be a repeat of our winning final 2 seasons ago.

View attachment 322821

Rangers 0-1 Aberdeen
David

This was as close as i would like to come to loosing our winning and unbeaten run. A weakened team was put out so we could be ready for the Champions league Semi final. David scored one of our few chances before getting two yellows and putting our run in serious jeopardy. Rangers did score however it was disallowed for being offside.

Champions League S/F 1st Leg
Tottenham 1-0 Aberdeen

AGG
Aberdeen 4-2 Tottenham

We weren't at the races tonight and home advantage shone through and Tottenham deserved there win but we did enough to reach our second final.

This time Barcelona will be our opponent after they turned round a 4-1 1st leg defeat.

View attachment 322822

Motherwell 1-6 Aberdeen
Elias
Backstrom
Sneddon
Cabestany
Hugo
Loeffen

All we have left to play for now is to break the 100+ for goal difference. After this we need 11 goals from our 2 games. Captain Alex Butler plays his 275th game for Aberdeen creating 2 goals along the way.

League
View attachment 322817

Might as well pack up and go home now as everything is pretty much settled

Player of the month
Elias
View attachment 322818

After the Semi final 1st leg performance this award couldn't have gone anywhere else

May

Fixtures

Hearts 0-3 Aberdeen
Loeffen 2
Hugo

Not our finest display butit keeps the run going. Hearts held us off well in the 1st half but we took them appart in the 2nd. Brett Archer plays his 150th game for the Dons

Aberdeen 2-1 Celtic
Loeffen
Elias

A perfect way to end the season. We keep our winning run going into the start of next season.

League
View attachment 322845

Back