STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE - And you thought Celtic beating Barca was something!

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 405K

Scottish Cup Final
View attachment 286884

From Hampden Park
View attachment 286886

Aberdeen Vs Ross County
View attachment 286885 View attachment 286887

Team News

Aberdeen
Only injury is Russell Anderson who didnt recover for his final game. Don't collapse!

Ross County
Two defenders Argyriou and former Don Scott Rumsby. There lead striker Gary Glen is fighting fit though!

The Match

40 - Aberdeen Goal - Derek Sneddon
That man/boy again!

HT - Aberdeen 1-0 Ross County

59 - Ross County Goal - Gary Glen
SPL top scorer get in on the act in the clubs biggest ever game

65 - Aberdeen Goal - Lluis Juste
What a time to score his 1st goal for Aberdeen

88 - Aberdeen Goal - Ryan Fraser

90 - Ross County Goal - Kurtis Byrne

FT - Aberdeen 3-2 Ross County

View attachment 286888

In a dramatic Final we take home the Scottish cup for the 1st time since the thrilling 1990 Cup final. Ross County never looked out of it and just when they did they made stoppage time very tense but we held on to take home our 2nd trophy in 2 years​

Season 2014/15 Season review

SPL - 2nd
Scottish Cup - Winner
League Cup - Quarter Final

Season Stats
View attachment 286953

Moved much closer to Celtic in the battle for domestic supremacy and a champions league place. Came so close but fell just short!

Final team talk
"Nobody thought this Celtic team could be challenged for the title but we did it! We might have fallen just short but what i saw in the last 3 games was more than enough to convince me that your ready to win the league!"

SPL

View attachment 286958View attachment 286956View attachment 286957

Celtic won the league yet again despite putting in a very spirited challenge to only miss out on the league by 3 points. As long as we can hold on to our top players i think we can challenge to the title again! Hearts just held off Motherwell for 3rd place.

Raith Were relegated far more comfortably before the split and ended 20 points off the next worst Livingston

Rangers watch. There back! Rangers won Division 1 by 19 points but managed to suffer 5 defeats through the season. My prediction for there SPL return is 3rd behind ourselves and Celtic

Scottish Cup

Aberdeen 3-2 Ross County

We win the Scottish cup for the first time in 25 years

View attachment 286959

Scottish League Cup

Motherwell 1-3 Celtic

View attachment 286960

Motherwell were the loosing finalists for the second season in a row as Celtic added to there League success with the league cup. Aberdeen played a back up team right through and they came undone against St Mirren

View attachment 286961

2014/15 awards

Footballer of the year
Cillian Sheridan
View attachment 286963

Writers footballer of the year
Etien Velikonja
View attachment 286964

League Player of the year
Joe Ledley
View attachment 286965

Top scorer
Gary Glen
View attachment 286966

U19's Player of the year
Kieran McDougall
View attachment 286967

Young player of the year
Lluis Juste
View attachment 286968

Team of the season
Lluis Juste and Ryan Fraser represent the Dons
View attachment 286969

Manager of the year
Gordon Strachan No place for the guy who almost won the league
View attachment 286970

Match of the Season
5th November 2014
Aberdeen 3-3 Motherwell

Remember Remember the 5th of November i say as it was the highlight of our season, helped by a 93rd minute equalizer!

Signing of the season
Lluis Juste
View attachment 286962

The Spanish youngster was the run away player of the season never mind signing of the season. Hopefully i can keep my claws on him

Player of the season

3rd - Andrew Considine
View attachment 286971

3rd again for our captain despite his best season so far

2nd - Simao
View attachment 286972

Runner up in the race for player of the year and signing of the year. Took his time about finding his feet but once he did he was the key man in our midfield

1st - Lluis Juste
^ See signing of the season for picture

Have already talked about the man not good enough for Barcelona but more than good enough for Aberdeen

Champions League final
Man City 4-1 Chelsea
View attachment 286974

Man Shity destroyed all comers to become champions of Europe!

View attachment 286973

Europa League final
Tottenham 3-1 Arsenal
View attachment 286975

Tottenham beat Celtic's Semi Final conquers to win the Europa League
View attachment 286976

Other Euro leagues
Barca capitulated down to 4th

View attachment 286977 View attachment 286978 View attachment 286979 View attachment 286980

Going into the summer

Again we had a poor end of season run but we had that one final push to beat Motherwell and Hearts to secure 2nd. 1st may still be beyond us however i believe if we get some money for the right players we may have a chance of launching a title challenge

Archie Knox and Jocky Scott Retire and leave the club so big changes in the backroom department this summer

Season preview

2015/16
Ti's the season to be top dadadadadadadadada

Targets

Beat the Old Firm! Rangers are a bit of a mystery package, Don't think they will win challenge for the title but i hope that we can!

League - Top 2
Scottish Cup - Final
Scottish League Cup - Final

Transfers

View attachment 287216

In

2 Regens I've chased for years finally get work permits to come over

Alex Butler - DR
View attachment 287215

The Aussie right back had been on the way once before but a work permit put a stop to that. Thankfully this time there was no stopping him and he should be a class replacement for Ryan Jack

Christopher Pierce - DC
View attachment 287217

I've been chasing this young American through 3 or 4 transfer windows as he was on a free but i could never get a work permit despite him picking up caps for America. This was my key signing for the summer thus far and I'm very excited to finally have him on board

Fernando Vaz - DM
View attachment 287220

Youngster from Portugul was uncomfortably happy to join us. will start in the reserves with Simao holding his position with a iron fist

Out

£4m was made during the summer after we loose two of our star home grown players and our lead forward

Victor - 1860 Munich £425k
View attachment 287222

A decent turn around after picking up Victor on a free just 8 months ago. He scored a share of goals but never looked like taring the league as i expected and Derek Sneddons form at the end of the season sealed the deal

Ryan Jack - Mothwewell - £2.4m
View attachment 287221

Motherwell are the business example i have got to follow. Income of £17m from player sales while spending less than £6m buying new players over the past 3 seasons and there still a top half team. Our chairman is less generous as after all these sales i still only got 400k! We'll miss Ryan Jack a lot but chairman was never going to turn down a £2.4m offer

Andrew Considine - West Ham - £1m
View attachment 287218

Captain Consie's departure was my decision. He was going to be dropping to the bench with Pierce going right into the 1st team so when West Ham offered £650k i asked £2m and got £1m so took it

Youngsters who were never going to make it were sold. Zach Szemis - Livingston, Declan McManus - AFC Wimbledon, Joe Shaughnessy - St Mirren, Scott Ferries - Raith, William McDonald - Airdrie

Youngsters who were even worse and were release were Craig Storrie, Michael Rose and Michael Feisthammel who really really disappointed me in the two seasons he was at the club spent 13 months injured and never scored a competitive goal

Loans

Only a single signing, Adnan Januzaj joins from Man Utd to add competition and back up to our wingers Fraser and Hayes

View attachment 287224

Summer Europa League games

Aberdeen 4-0 Levadia - Europa League 2nd qualifier 1st leg
Robertson
Hayes 2
Soldan

First half was awful but in the 2nd half we turned it on and were pretty much through

Levadia 0-0 Aberdeen - Europa League 2nd qualifier 2nd leg

AGG Aberdeen 4-2 Levadia

The youth team didn't stand out but didn't embarrass themselves so a good day all round

Karpaty await in the third round

Summer news
A Childhood idol joins Hibs to replace a sacked Billy Davies who ends up at Kilmarnock to replace the resigned but not retired Craig Brown 75 years young

Manager changes
Marcelino - Levante
Claudio Ranieri - Valencia
Didier Deschamps - Betis
Roy Keane - Hibs
Billy Davis - Kilmarnock

Top 10 transfers
Quite a quiet window so far

Ivan Rakitic - Tottenham - £19.25m
Mortiz Leitner - Bayen Munich - £16.75m
Manoel - Benfica - £16m

Michel - Lyon - £15m
Erick Torres - Ath Madrid - £15m
Tim Krul - Juventus - £12.5m
Junior Holett - Dortmund £12.5m
Laurent Koscielny - Barcelona - £11m
Heung Min Son - Fulham £10.75m
Fabio - Arsenal - £10.5m
Ivan Burgos - Udinese - £10m
Rhys William - Fenerbache - £9.25m

Top SPL Transfers
Not involving Aberdeen, Celtic spend after i threaten there dominance

Valentine Roberge - Celtic - £3.4m
Michael Lumb - Celtic £2.8m
Rory McKenzie - Rangers - £550k
Marc McNulty - Rangers - £425k
Ryan O'Leary - Inverness CT - £275k
Lewis Toshney - Rangers - £220k
Joe Winchester - Dundee Utd - £220k
Cameron Park - Hearts - £100k
Michael Devlin - Ross County - £100k

First team 2015
View attachment 287223

The standard call of 2 new additions going right into the team to replace the outgoing Jack and Considine. The only other change from 2014 is Derek Sneddon will start the season as our lead striker

Decent window, Januzaj should add a touch of class and well done on winning the Europa League match.

Decent window, Januzaj should add a touch of class and well done on winning the Europa League match.

Yeah think he'll play more games in Fraser's place. Really really hope we get a easy 3rd and 4th round game if we get that far. Might be a few days till the next day update probably Tuesday night

August

Very busy start of the season with just 1 vital and gutting defeat
Out of Europe again! Only just
2nd in the league after a shaky start

Fixtures

Motherwell 0-3 Aberdeen
Sneddon
Soldan
Milsom

Ryan Jack's debut comes against his old team and i think he might already be regretting it!

Karpaty 0-0 Aberdeen - Europa League 3rd qualifying 1st leg

We were expected to loose this match so having more possession all the shots on target and getting a draw sets us up well for the 2nd leg at Pittodrie

Aberdeen 2-1 Karpaty - Europa League 3rd qualifying 2nd
Fraser 2

AGG Aberdeen 2-1 Karpaty

****** **** this was so uncomfortable. Made a triple change on the 71st minute while 1-0 down and after being a star last season Ryan Fraser to save our bacon and haul us through to the final qualifying round AT LAST!

However! The draw was never going to be kind and we got Fulham. Eek

Aberdeen 0-0 Kilmarnock

Same old problems here Dominated possessions and chances but no goals! Transfer search will now go 100% into finding a lead striker

St Johnstone 1-1 Aberdeen
Januzaj

Third match on the trot where we were very poor and like the Kilmarnock match we were very fortunate to get a point

Fulham 4-1 Aberdeen - Europa League play off 1st leg
Anderson

Outclassed. The group stages still seem a million miles away, Poor in the league too. Off to bed will come back with a new attitude tomorrow

Aberdeen 6-2 Ross County
Sneddon 3
Soldan
Fraser
Prihoda

This was brilliant! 4 youngsters got a game, 2 scored and the only downside was Craig Crawford leaving us on loan after this match let in 2 goals

Aberdeen 2-0 Fulham - Europa League play off 2nd leg
Milsom
Hayes

AGG
Fulham 4-3 Aberdeen

View attachment 288355

Absolutely gutted with this result. Coming so close to pulling off the upset of upsets. Had most of the second half to find a winner but in traditional circumstances we failed dramatically

Aberdeen 2-0 Hibs
Soldan
Fraser

A good end of the month despite going out of Europe were in a great start to the league

League
View attachment 288348

We've made a very good start. Two very poor draws but there's been plenty evidence of progress in front of goals since then

Player of the Month
Derek Sneddon
View attachment 288350

This is a big season for Del Boy and he's made a safe and confident start

August Transfers

Aberdeen's transfers

Two youngsters arrive on free's and on loan A Italian striker who played for 8 Serie A teams and is still in his 20's, Just

Michele Paolucci
View attachment 288349

Made a slow start but im sure he'll be the difference between win and bust this season

And the Youths
View attachment 288351View attachment 288352

4 youngsters went out on loan
Craig Crawford, Chris Keogh, Paul McCann, Jarno Ekman

All Transfers
View attachment 288354

Scottish Transfers
View attachment 288353

September

STOP THE PRESSES! ABERDEEN WIN 4-0 AT PARKHEAD
Then draw at Tanadice
And fumble our way to the Quarter Finals of the league cup with a penalty shoot out win at Dunfermline

Fixtures

Celtic 0-4 Aberdeen
Sneddon 3
Hayes

Im trying not to be too excited by this scoreline but i think we've arrived as has Mr Sneddon WOW

Dundee Utd 3-3 Aberdeen
Sneddon 2
Soldan

Throwing away lead does not sit very well with me. But i guess at least were having no problems scoring

Dunfermline 0-0 Aberdeen - League Cup 3rd round

Pens Aberdeen 3-2 Dunfermline

Awful performance by the back up boys but were through and will put out a more serious team next time. Perhaps

Aberdeen 4-1 Livingston
Fraser
O'G
Sneddon 2

League
View attachment 288362

Very happy to get 4 points from our two tricky away games but not in my wildest dreams did i see a 4-0 win against Celtic coming. Hearts and Dundee Utd are our biggest rivals in the very early going while Livingston have very little to be happy about

Player of the Month
Michael Soldan
View attachment 288363

The Czech midfielder is developing rather nicely. Will struggle to keep him much longer i think

October

Beat Rangers in our first meeting in the game
Thrash title rivals Hearts as Paolucci remembers he's a striker
Not quite the same success in the league cup

Fixtures

Rangers 1-2 Aberdeen
Januzaj
Sneddon

Great to be playing Rangers in the league again, Even better to have beaten them. YES!

Aberdeen 1-0 Inverness CT
Januzaj

A win but the fans were not impressed by our performance

Aberdeen 4-0 Hearts
Paolucci 3
Soldan

Well the 1st 60 minutes was boring. Nothing happened then we make a double change. Ryan Fraser and Maro Paolucci come on and turn the game our way. Indeed it took Paolucci 8 games, 7 of them sub appearances to score. Hopefully now he wont stop

Celtic 1-0 Aberdeen - League Cup Q/F

92nd Minute winner for the league champions! We did all we could to help by getting Alex Butler sent off after 24 minutes. No Fosters for him this month mate!

League
View attachment 288634

Our victory over Hearts gave us some breathing space at the top. History tells you we'll loose our next game. Celtic and Rangers still yet to look dangerous and Livingston won!

Player of the Month
Lluis Juste
View attachment 288633

Got Some tasty offers for Juste but non which i will ever accept by choice. Stewart Milne stay away

November

Still Unbeaten in the league
Back up players beat St Mirren in the cup
Stuart McCall sacked by Motherwell after we beat them. His replacement is a man I've often laughed at in my last story. David Moyes!

Fixtures

Aberdeen 2-0 Motherwell
Paolucci 2

Brilliant performance! Can't tell you all how delighted i am to see Paolucci scoring again

Kilmarnock 1-1 Aberdeen
Hayes

Not Vintage Aberdeen today. Paolucci didn't score so i was upset!

Aberdeen 2-1 St Mirren - Scottish Cup 4th Round
Fraser 2

Mostly back up's so victory with a poor performance is ok!

League
View attachment 288645

Little change in the league. We still have a decent gap however its Celtic who are now up to 2nd as hearts had a awful month

Player of the Month
Ryan Fraser
View attachment 288646

In truth we weren't great this month but Ryan coming off the bench usually lead to our performance improving

Looking good dude, could be the year the power changes hands.

Feels like it could be that way ash. However Celtic have just started playing and are on a good run and dont have European games in the way now were heading into December, Just like real life!

You're doing well. Could be your year. Also Champions qualifying should be easy for you so you'll make the CL groups if you win.

You're doing well. Could be your year. Also Champions qualifying should be easy for you so you'll make the CL groups if you win.

Yep! Thanks to Celtic having a great run to the Europa League semi finals we are back up to having 2 champions league places so a top 2 finish is worth a lot more than before

December

Humbled by comeback kids Celtic once again
St Johnstone sack Steve Lomas on boxing day. There replacement will be hired in the new year
38 year old Alex Manninger signs on for 1 more season
As my Italian star's contract comes to an end i pick up a Portuguese international

Esmael Goncalves
View attachment 288830

Fixtures

Aberdeen 4-0 St Johnstone
Fraser 2
Sneddon 2

Two goals in each half ensured a very easy home win

Ross County 1-2 Aberdeen
Hughes
Sneddon

Wasn't as close as it looked. We backed off for the last half hour once we'd made the 3 points safe

Hibs 0-1 Aberdeen
Fraser

Very boring affair we scored and that killed the game.

Aberdeen 0-3 Celtic

Hmm the mystery of our matches against Celtic goes on. Inconstant doesn't come into it!
View attachment 288838

Aberdeen 2-0 Dundee Utd
Simao
Goncalves

A terrible 1st half with no goals or threat was turned around by a rousing half time chat with my underachieving lads

League
View attachment 288840

Defeat to Celtic and by 3 goals was a hard hit to take however they immediately went and dropped points to Hearts so were ending the month 4 points clear

Player of the Month
Chris Pierce
View attachment 288841

The young yank is settling in rather well

Back