STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE - And you thought Celtic beating Barca was something!

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 405K
Yep at 0859 hours as i slid past you while breaking my handbreak in the motor.

We do have very interesting starts to the day up here in Aberdeenshire

Indeed - my bus was on time this morning but I got to work slightly later than usual. The reason? An old lady died in her house and the ambulance was blocking the road as there was too much snow so the bus couldnt get past. Even more strangely was that I got called to collect the dead lady's hospital bed and her other occupational therapy equipment from her house on Monday!!!!!!

January

Ryan Esson becomes St Johnstone and is immediately kind to his old team by holding Celtic to a draw at Parkhead on his debut
Our Grip on top spot slips away
Stewart Milne steals a key youngster away from me

Fixtures

Livingston 0-3 Aberdeen
Hayes
Sneddon
Soldan

Relegation favorites, This is why although they did better than Celtic did at home to me earlier in the season

Aberdeen 2-0 Rangers
Goncalves 2

Yeehaww!!! I really hope Rangers are this bad when they return to the SPL!

Inverness 2-1 Aberdeen
Hayes

First defeat on the road all season is made more disappointing after having a early lead and controlling the game

Hearts 1-3 Aberdeen
Sneddon 2
Hughes

Just when we looked to have thrown away 2 more points Sneddon steered us to the win with two late goals. Ryan Fraser made his 125th league appearance shame it doesn't look likley in real life

Motherwell 1-1 Aberdeen
Goncalves

The commentary said boring draw! What was he watching. We too till the 89th minute to steal a late equalizer

Aberdeen 1-1 Kilmarnock
Goncalves

We came face to face with former friends Rob Milsom and Peter Pawlett who following this result are now certainly foe's

League
View attachment 288890
The end of January is a very sad time as Celtic take the lead of the league for the first time after we have another indifferent month

Player of the Month
Esmael Goncalves
View attachment 288891

The Portuguese star is quickly finding his feet and hopefully will continue to adapt to our new attacking shape with the other recent transfers

January Transfers

In

Search for youths, saw nothing worthy of my cash, Tried to loan a few premiership players but no luck there either

Out

One 1st teamer left by choice the other by force

1st the good news

With Darren Hughes and Jay Fulton getting games this season Rob Milsom was falling out the 1st team picture and was sold to rivals Kilmarnock for £575k. 99 league appearances and 14 goals
View attachment 288892

Now the bad

A mainstay of my team from day 1 Ryan Fraser has gone!

Sunderland opened the bidding on January 1st with a £1.1m and by mid January they were putting £3.3m in front of Stewart Milne and boy did he sadly accept. i Have cover in the squad to replace him but i had no plans to let him leave so pretty gutted here/ 126 League games, 35 goals and 32 assists

Here's my boys stats for our 3 and a bit seasons together

View attachment 288893

World transfers
Lots of transfers especially over the 1st and 2nd of February
View attachment 288894View attachment 288895

SPL Transfers
Celtic sold Snodgrass for big bucks and had cash to spend to arguably make them stronger!
View attachment 288896

Milne. You son of a *****. You are doing well though and did you know in board interaction you can try and get him to change is mind?

Milne. You son of a *****. You are doing well though and did you know in board interaction you can try and get him to change is mind?

AHH No i didnt! Dam it!

Well to make up for the lack of signings we made in January i demanded improved training facilities, youth facilities and youth recruitment. All accepted! So might be short term pain long term gain if we start to produce good youth players

AHH No i didnt! Dam it!

Well to make up for the lack of signings we made in January i demanded improved training facilities, youth facilities and youth recruitment. All accepted! So might be short term pain long term gain if we start to produce good youth players
Well at least it has helped the long term and if Milne is going to give you no cash you'll need good facilities. It's a new feature added due to all the complaints of offers being accepted over your head.

Well at least it has helped the long term and if Milne is going to give you no cash you'll need good facilities. It's a new feature added due to all the complaints of offers being accepted over your head.

Yeah it does make a lot of sense and a great addition to the game, Just wish i'd noticed it. However if i end up developing dozens of brilliant youngsters over the years thanks to this then it will have been more than worth it

February

Loose our second consecutive table topping clash With Celtic
Need a replay to overcome Kilmarnock
Drop back into a clear 2nd as we perform worse and worse through the month

Fixtures

St Johnstone 0-2 Aberdeen
Goncalves 2

We dominated the game not allowing the home team a single chance on goal. Great way to start the month

Aberdeen 1-1 Kilmarnock - Scottish Cup 5th round
Sneddon

A now familiar fight from behind to rescue a replay

Kilmarnock 0-2 Aberdeen - Scottish Cup 5th round Replay
Hughes
Goncalves

How didn't we just do this in the 1st game! Grr!

Aberdeen 2-0 Ross County
Januzaj
Goncalves

Aberdeen put in a tired labored performance after two Kilmarnock games in a week

Celtic 3-1 Aberdeen
Goncalves

On his 100th league appearance Alex Manninger scored an O'G after 29 seconds. Not the start we needed. The start to the second half was better 90 seconds in Goncalves equalized and gave us some hope however Celtic came through stronger at the end with 2 late goals to retake top spot in the league

Aberdeen 0-0 Hibs

We deserved to loose because we were so bad

League
View attachment 289008

Is it starting to fall apart? Two awful performances at the end of the month left Celtic 4 points clear at the top. We MUST pick up our performances in March

Player of the Month
Lluis Juste
View attachment 289007

Will really struggle to keep this guy if we don't start playing better

March

Loose away to Motherwell in the Scottish cup BUT
Following a team meeting we go goal crazy scoring 15 goals in our next 3 games
Which in turn leads to a Hattrick of award with Myself winning Manager of the month, Sneddon player of the month and Soldan the young player of the month

Fixtures

Motherwell 2-1 Aberdeen - Scottish Cup Q/F
Goncalves

Out awful run goes on as we fall out of the cup yet again having a lead then conceding a goal, went down to 10 men while conceding a penalty. A bit of luck would be nice! "TEAM MEETING"

Dundee Utd 1-6 Aberdeen
Soldan 3
Simao
Juste
Goncalves

Ahh that's what you do on your 100th League game. Soldan opened the scoring and ended the scoring as he completed a hat trick and after that the team went wild and despite two injury's we scored 5 goals before half time

As usual with a great result it was'nt all good news as Darren Hughes and Esmael Goncalves are ruled out for up to 2 months

Aberdeen 4-0 Livingston
O'G
Januzaj
Sneddon 2

Not the thunder and lightning we had in Dundee last week but another good win non the less

Aberdeen 5-0 Inverness CT
Sneddon 2
Pierce
Fulton
Hayes

Same old same old it would appear. This is getting to good to be true!

League
View attachment 289023
Its all change. The cup was the boys last chance so they got the bottoms kicked and since then we've been scintillating to say the least!

Player of the Month
Derek Sneddon
View attachment 289022

Won the divisions player of the month and im not going to deny him our award. He's been emence this season

Youth Intake

Only one player survived the cull of awful players we got given this season

Ashley Blackburn
View attachment 289024

April

One word sums up April
DISASTER!

Fixtures

Rangers 2-1 Aberdeen
Juste

Once center half opened the scoring the other scores the O'G that brings the game level at half time. Conceded again in the second half then it suddenly jumped from the 70th minute to full time as i was making tactical changes. Dam it

Aberdeen 4-4 Hearts
Sneddon 3
Smith

Some how some way we lost a 4-1 lead and possibly the league with it! But nevermind we can get revenge on both Hearts and Rangers before the month is out

Aberdeen 0-1 Rangers

Pulling my hair out! Where the **** have all my goals gone

Dundee Utd 3-0 Aberdeen

No words can describe my anger and pure frustration. Seasons over now. Youth and developing players only

Aberdeen 1-1 Hearts
Smith

Cameron Smith came off the bench to give us the lead but it was a false dawn and Hearts quickly equalized.

League
View attachment 289033
After the final round of games Celtic won the League and Livingston went down

Player of the Month
Ha Nice one!

May - End of Season

Celtic 1-3 Aberdeen
Prihoda
Sneddon 2

My Back up team played Celtic's back up team and mine are better! Derek Sneddon scored his 50th league goal

Kilmarnock 2-6 Aberdeen
Soldan 4
Sneddon 2

Soldan destroys Kilmarnock to end our season on a high

Final Table
View attachment 289035

Season 2015/16 Season review

SPL - 2nd
Scottish Cup - Quarter Final
League Cup - Quarter Final

Season Stats
View attachment 289067

Felt like at times we had Celtic on the ropes and even late on in the season we had the lead but the results in January and April were the difference between success and failure

Final team talk
"We've shown plenty of times this season that your capable of winning the league if you could have been more consistent. 2016 Has to be our turn"

SPL

View attachment 289069View attachment 289070View attachment 289071

Celtic won the league, They were better head to head when it mattered but still feels like we lost it rather than Celtic winning it. Hearts and Rangers will also get European football

Livingston were bottom pretty much all the way and that where they finished

Dundee comfortably returned to the SPL after 2 season out

Scottish Cup

Hibs 3-2 Hearts

Hibs finally won the Scottish cup for the first time since 1902 in a Edinburgh derby

View attachment 289073

Aberdeen were in the depth of a dismal run when they lost to Motherwell in the quarter finals

Scottish League Cup

Hearts 0-2 Celtic

Celtic Won the league cup 2-0 against Hearts

View attachment 289074

Aberdeen went out to the winners thanks to a last minute goal

2015/16 awards

Footballer of the year
Michal Soldan
View attachment 289075

Writers footballer of the year
Derek Sneddon
View attachment 289076

League Player of the year
Robert Snodgrass

Top scorer
Derek Sneddon

U19's Player of the year
Zach Szemis - Former Don
View attachment 289077

Young player of the year
Lluis Juste
View attachment 289078

Team of the season
Juste, Soldan and Sneddon represent
View attachment 289079

Manager of the year
Neil Lennon, I came 2nd

Match of the Season
9th April 2016
Aberdeen 4-4 Hearts
View attachment 289080

Probably shouldn't have picked a game where we threw away a 4-1 lead but it would have been a scorcher to watch

Signing of the season
Chris Pierce
View attachment 289081

Was a three way battle between Alex Butler, Esmael Goncalves and Pierce and possibly because i waited so long for him or maybe because he was solid all season i picked the American

Player of the season
Derek Sneddon

Has slowly developed into a superstar of a player. Scored goals, Made goals he did it all this season. Can't wait to see what he does when he's no longer a teenage

Champions League final

Tottenham 2-1 PSG - AET

View attachment 289083

Tottenham become the second London side to become Champions of Europe

Europa League final
Marseille 0-2 Porto

View attachment 289085

Porto don't loose European finals huh

Other Euro leagues

Man City win the Premiership
View attachment 289087

Bayern beat Dortmund by 1 point to the Bundasliga where Werder Bremen were relegated
View attachment 289089

Juventus won Serie A closely followed by Atlanta
View attachment 289090
Real retain La Liga Barca only 3rd
View attachment 289091

Going into the summer

No doubt this season we were serious contenders for the title failing on our faces once too often in the second half of the season. More quality and depth will be required with another venture into Europa awaiting us. Will do all my business very early doors and hopefully have a squad in place before the world cup final

Season preview 2016/17

3 Times the bridesmaid now it must be our time!

Targets

Win the title. That's all i care about this season, Unless i can sneak through in the Champions League

League - Winner
Scottish Cup - Semi Finals
Scottish League Cup - Semi Final

Transfers

View attachment 289248

In

One player for the first team and a handful of kids

Josep Cabestany - ML
View attachment 289249

Looks good enough to start already. Would you expect less from a former Bayern youngster. Plan to play him from the start this season

Youth

4 Youngsters were brought in to bolster the youth team.

View attachment 289250View attachment 289251View attachment 289252View attachment 289253

Out

3 back up players were sold off to give youngsters more chances. Issac Osbourne, Clark Robertson were regulars at one point but no longer. Lukas Mares was injury prone and Komi Guede was not required at the club

Loans

Only a single signing, Mats Daehil arrives to be back up to the first team as center midfield was a bit weak for my liking

View attachment 289254

Summer news
Ridiculously quiet summer, Unless your in Germany

Manager changes
Javier Aguirre - Sporting Lisbon
Josep Guardiola - Bayern Munich
Felix Magath - Dortmund
Marco Van Basten - Wolfsburg
Steve Clark - Scotland
Jurgen Klopp - Germany
Luciano Spalletti - Italy
Rafa Benitez - Spain

Top Transfers
A lot of cash spent in 2016

Lorenzo Insigne - Tottenham - £43m
Aaron Ramsey - Man Utd - £30m
Carlos Fierro - Porto - £29m
Dede - Man City - £28m
Miroslav Dolezal - Lyon - £25.5m
Joe Allen - Arsenal - £22.5m
Moussa Konate - Arsenal - £21.5m
Magnus Eikrem - Gladbach - £21m
Ryan Shawcross - Tottenham - £17m

Top SPL Transfers
Not involving Aberdeen, Again Celtic spend after i threaten there dominance

Ellis Chant - Celtic - £9.25m
Bjorn Siguroarson - Celtic - £3.6m
Keith Watson - Rangers - £1.3m
Michael Devlin - Dundee Utd - £350k
Gary Irvine - Motherwell - £220k

European Championships 2016

Final
Croatia 1-2 England

View attachment 289255

England become champions of Europe for the first time.
Scotland eliminated in the group stage Levin quit and i got laughed off as a potential manager

First team 2016

View attachment 289255

Not changing too much, Except my new left winger and Sneddon playing off Goncalves to start with.

Sneddon is a beast, I never realised. We all know you can do it this year. How's Cameron Smith doing by the way?

Sneddon is a beast, I never realised. We all know you can do it this year. How's Cameron Smith doing by the way?

Smith has not developed as i hoped. Despite getting plenty of games in his teens his form collapsed over the past season and a half and at the moment he's clinging onto his spot in the team and if i can pick up anyone better before the window slams shut he'll be out!

View attachment 290035 View attachment 290036

August

Were in the Champions League Group stage after eliminating Benfica and Besiktas
Motherwell match is my 200th game in charge of the Dons
Brilliant comeback in the top of the table clash

Fixtures

Aberdeen 1-2 Benfica - CL 3rd qualifier 1st leg
Daehli

Whole Defense Unavailable so im not surprised we lost our first Champions League match. Just 1 goal in it for the 2nd leg however so all hope isn't lost

Benfica 1-3 Aberdeen - CL 3rd qualifier 2nd leg
Goncalves 2
Cabestany

AGG Aberdeen 4-3 Benfica AET

Changed our tactics around for this match. With the whole defense back and 2 away goals to overcome we had to go for it and hope the goals would come, which they did. What a great start to the season. Just Besiktas between us and the group stage!

Inverness CT 2-5 Aberdeen
Sneddon 4
Prihoda

Sneddon starts the season off on blistering form. Disappointed to let in two goals

Aberdeen 3-1 St Johnstone
Simao
Goncalves
Ekman

Looked for most of the second half like we'd come unstuck but our domination finally turned into goals

Besiktas 1-3 Aberdeen - CL Final Play-ff round 1st leg
Cabstany
Soldan
Goncalves

Spent most of the 1st half and up to the 80th minute behind but a late rally seen us go flying towards towards the group stage

Motherwell 2-2 Aberdeen
Smith
Daehli

Wouldn't have minded this result considering our current fixture list if we'd not been 2-0 up

Aberdeen 3-1 Besiktas - CL Final Play-off round 2nd led
Goncalves 2
Cabestany

AGG Aberdeen 6-2 Besiktas

Victory was very easy in the end. Was 3-0 up and time wasting when Besiktas grabbed a consolation

Aberdeen 2-2 Celtic
Daehli
Simao

Joe Ledley had Celtic in the lead after 14 seconds and quickly scored again. We couldn't break them down of get anything out of them but for the last 20 minutes we went al lout attack and scored 2 late goal to end out loosing run against Celtic at Pittodrie

League
View attachment 290052

Very happy with the start considering the teams i put out between European nights

Player of the Month
Esmael Goncalves
View attachment 290051

With a full pre season the former Portuguese international will be the focal point of our attack this season

Champions League group draw

Group A
View attachment 290053

Man City

Porto
Bayern Leverkusen
Aberdeen

Tricky group for the Dons as it was always going to be. Man City will be beyond us, i guess Porto will be a step to far but i feel we can take on Leverkusen for a Europa League place

August Transfers

At Aberdeen we couldn't get anyone from anywhere interested for some reason, No Idea what we've done wrong but even the promising prospects from Sweden, Switzerland and Serbia weren't interested as well as RVP Released and unloved by the footballing world but still not interested in Pittodrie

World Transfers
View attachment 290054

SPL Transfers
Celtic are scared into spending many millions
View attachment 290055

Back