STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE - And you thought Celtic beating Barca was something!

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 405K
Champions League groups is great. Unfortunate about Smith though.

With Smith its only slightly disappointing with Goncalves and Sneddon more than capable of doing the job. Would have loved to have added either another good youth prospect of one with European experiance before the Champions League but nevermind​

September

We beat Porto in Portugal
League form dips
Dumped out of League Cup by the mighty Partick

Fixtures

Dundee Utd 1-1 Aberdeen
Goncalves

Not an impressive performance lucky to escape Scumdee with a point

Aberdeen 0-0 Leverkusen - Champions League Match 1

A Bit disappointed we didn't take our chances when they came but still a point on our Champions League Debut

View attachment 290282

Aberdeen 0-0 Hearts

So far we've been almost as boring as we've been frustrating

Partick 3-1 Aberdeen - League Cup 3rd Round
Ekman

Future aint looking bright if this is my next back of youngsters

Aberdeen 2-0 Ross County
Cabestany
Hayes

Finally back to winning ways. On a side note this what Derek Sneddon's 100th league game

Porto 0-3 Aberdeen - Champions League Match 2
Goncalves
Cabestany
O'G

We made an incredible start with Goncalves playing through the pain barrier opened the scoring in the 5th minute. The 55th Minute was just as exciting as Cabestany doubled our lead and a late O'G sealed the deal. Brilliant win

League
View attachment 290281

Our league form has not been satisfactory. Thrown away far to many points with draws racking up 4 already. Squad still getting used to mid week matches and rotation i believe

Europe
View attachment 290280

Not what i had in mind but over the moon with our start. Hoped for at least a point against Bayern but expected nothing from the Porto match and we ended up top of the group. Amazing

Player of the Month
Josep Cabestany
View attachment 290279

The Spanish rookie has made the stunning start which i sort of expected from a Bayern apprentice with Spanish Blood

October

I loose to the two club i hate most back to back
Move up to 2nd in the league but still a long way to Celtic

Fixtures

Kilmarnock 1-2 Aberdeen
Fulton
Goncalves

Got as far as a 2-0 lead then barely held on to get the win

Dundee 1-3 Aberdeen
Goncalves
Hayes
O'G

3 quick goals then rest for City!

Aberdeen 0-3 Man City - Champions League Match 3

!!European wake up call!!

Aberdeen 1-2 Rangers
Goncalves

Total garbage! 6 shots on goal to 1 and they win 2-1 what a joke I HATE RANGERS!!! Must do better against Hibs

Aberdeen 3-2 Hibs
Goncalves
Smith
Sneddon

All 3 of our strikers score to put us 2nd at thee nd of the month

League
View attachment 290362

Were 2nd but all the draws we accumulated early on is what's keeping us 7 miles down the road from Celtic

Europe
View attachment 290361

Half way through and i guess we weren't going to be top of the league for long, but if we finish 2nd i would be over the moon

Player of the Month
Michal Soldan
View attachment 290363

Looks like it could be his last season at the club. Along with Juste they are not signing new contracts and with only 20 months left if they don't sign up I'll have to sell them for the cash

November

Aberdeen out of Europe kicking and screaming
Celtic have no problems beating us

Fixtures

Man City 2-0 Aberdeen - Champions League Match 4

Didn't feel an ounce of confidence so rested a few players who were struggling to be fit and set out to be ultra defensive and catch them on the counter so as soon as they scored 1st it was all over for the poor old Dons

St Johnstone 0-0 Aberdeen

Both ourselves and Celtic suffer a European hangover. No excuses from Aberdeen as only half the team played in Manchester

Aberdeen 5-0 Inverness CT
Juste
Prihoda
Hughes 2
Hayes

With Leverkusen just 4 days away and Inverness having an awful season i decided to play a team of back ups so we should be fully fit and ready for the trip to Germany

Leverkusen 4-2 Aberdeen - Champions League match 5
Sneddon
Daehil

We were torn apart again and were 3-0 down at half time and had no choice but to go for it pulled it back to 3-2 but a 4th Leverkusen goal was the end

View attachment 290495

This defeat ended our chances of getting to the last 16 helped by Porto destroying Man City. After our first two games i started to believe we could get to the last 16 but now I'd be delighted with a Europa League spot

Aberdeen 2-0 Motherwell
Goncalves
Sneddon

Happy to get back to the SPL and warm up for a must win game at Parkhead on Wednesday

Celtic 3-0 Aberdeen

Didn't take our early chances, poor in front of goal and was left having to go for it at the end to try and get a result and that's probably the league and season over unless we beat Porto and Leverkusen drop point to Man City

Queen Of the South 0-1 Aberdeen - Scottish cup 4th Round
Smith

It was a long way from being pretty but it as the youth team and back ups so happy just to have stayed in the competition

Aberdeen 0-1 Porto - Champions League match 6

We go out but we went out fighting but like so often this season we just failed to find the goals

Final table
View attachment 290494

League
View attachment 290492
No real change except were almost certainly in a battle for 2nd After Celtic proved to be far to strong for us

Europe
3 games 3 defeats leaves us going out with only the big win in Porto to take away from the competition

Player of the Month
Lluis Juste
View attachment 290493

Like Soldan Juste isn't signing a new contract and his time may be up by the summer especially as i don't look like fulfilling a promise to him that we'd win the league​

Last edited:
Decent go at Europe and you need to pick yourself up in the league. If it's a consolation I think Juste is Juste about replaceable but Soldan isn't.

Decent go at Europe and you need to pick yourself up in the league. If it's a consolation I think Juste is Juste about replaceable but Soldan isn't.

Yeah i have plenty future talented Centebacks at the club already in the U19's too so thats very true Mr Golem. More news on Soldan in the upcoming update

December

Michel Soldan signs a new contract till 2020, Juste wont budge however
Win all our matches in December
Including at Ibrox HAHAH

Fixtures

Aberdeen 4-2 Dundee Utd
Cabestany 2
Goncalves
Sneddon

Spent most the game fighting from behind but despite all the games we've had recently we had the better finish and ended up comfortable winners

Hearts 1-3 Aberdeen
Goncalves
Sneddon 2

Again we were forced to come from behind to rescue the 3 points after not playing great

Ross County 0-2 Aberdeen
Prihoda
Soldan

3rd game in a row were we ere totally reliant on our second half performance to get the 3 points. We'd only have about 10 points based on our first 45 minutes

Aberdeen 3-0 Kilmarnock
Sneddon
OG 2

Well i guess if we can't win by ourselves I'll happily accept it from Killie

Rangers 0-1 Aberdeen
Cabestany

A nice bit of revenge for our loosing earlier in the season

Hibs 0-2 Aberdeen
Sneddon 2

Only sad part was Sneddon missed a sitter for the hattrick

Aberdeen 3-2 Dundee
Smith 3

Cameron Smith came back from forgottonsville to grab a hattrick. We had to wait 77 minutes and to be down to 10 men before we got going though

League
View attachment 290912

We went on a nice little winning run while Celtic shockingly drew a match so gaps now down to 8 points

Player of the Month
Derek Sneddon
View attachment 290913

The future star of Scotland got back into the scoring charts with a mighty impressive month

January

We Beat Celtic in the league and cup
The above victory puts us right back in the title race
We even manage to buy some players

World Player of the year. Hmmm?
Lionel Messi
View attachment 290927

Fixtures

Inverness CT 0-2 Aberdeen
O'G
Cabestany

Played Inverness off the park helped by the terrible season there having

Aberdeen 2-1 St Johnstone
Cabestany
Soldan

Except for Goncalves this was our most dominating display this season

Aberdeen 2-0 Celtic
Cabestany 2

The top of the table battle was settled by a inspired spanian who has suddenly decided to add scoring to his accolades

Motherwell 3-1 Aberdeen
Sneddon

Well beating Celtic was for nothing then. Awful again! As well as giving us the lead Derek Sneddon pulls on the Dons top for the 150th time still 5 months short of his 20th birthday

Aberdeen 1-0 Celtic - Scottish Cup 5th round
Smith

Both sides played back up teams however ours got he decisive goal with 10 minutes to go to knock out the favorites

League
View attachment 290928
Our best month so far! Inflicted Celtic's first defeat of the season as they dropped points on a few other occasions

Player of the Month
Josep Cabesany
View attachment 290929
After making a steady start to the season the winger came to life in January leading us to a great run at the start to the year

January Transfer Window
The dons have there busiest January window so far

We have a new No1 and 3 new youth/back up players

GK - Daniel Monnard
View attachment 290930

The Basel keeper joins us in a position where i felt we were weakest. Basel were easy enough to deal with and with some convincing Monnard joins

Other newbie's

DC - Max Lecomte
View attachment 290931

French defender was a freebie in December who is already out on loan

MC - Ricardo Seabra
View attachment 290932

Bought for his awesome name and to supply more depth to the midfield with Fulton leaving

ML - Flavio
View attachment 290933

Like Lecomte Flavio was on a free and has been brought in as back up but if he performs he'll be given his chance in the starting 11

AT - Jens Kardum
View attachment 290934

I Spend the month of August trying to sign the Swede and in early January we finally reached an agreement with Helsingborg to give my u19's a good striker who will probably get his chances in the 1st team before the season is done

Out

One player was sold. Back up midfielder Jay Fulton was after a new contract and the Edinburgh teams were lurking over him so offered him for £1m and United came forward with the offer and away he went

World Transfers
View attachment 290935

Scottish Transfers
Celtic and Dundee Utd spend the cash while we throw a few bucks about
View attachment 290936

Brilliant months! Also those signings look promising apart from your new no.1. Spend some more cash, he's rubbish. Great news in keeping Soldan on, though.

Brilliant months! Also those signings look promising apart from your new no.1. Spend some more cash, he's rubbish. Great news in keeping Soldan on, though.

He's the only one thats going to be starting every game haha. Im quite happy with him got loads of potential, Scouts love him and think he's ready for the 1st team already and he's only 18!

February

Gap at the top opens up again thanks to a win a loss and a draw in the league
Waltz into the Scottish Cup Semi Finals

Fixtures

Dundee Utd 2-1 Aberdeen
Sneddon

A very weird day for goals. Goncalves had 2 goals disallowed while Celtic won at home to Kilmarnock thanks to a 88th minute O'G from Clark Robertson

Aberdeen 2-2 Hearts
Goncalves
Sneddon

All the hard work our run through January is wasted from a second poor result in a row. At least Goncalves remembered how to score

Kilmarnock 0-4 Aberdeen
Goncalves 2
Soldan 2

Seems like all my aggressive team talks has finally hit home

Aberdeen 4-0 St Mirren - Scottish Cup Q/F
Kilin
Vaz
Prihoda
Seabra

Easy 4-0 win for the youth boys against a St Mirren side who are ina relegation battle deep in Division 1

League
View attachment 291593

Celtic's form picks up while ours return to the consistently inconsistent form of the first half of the season

Player of the Month
Chris Pierce
View attachment 291594

Chris is in a growing to be one of the starting center backs and with Juste seemingly on the way out he'll be our stand out defender next term

March

Have a awful month in front of goal with two goals from 1 player through March
However Celtic have a worse month and the gap at the top closes a little bit
So i was laughed out of the Scotland job but i bet i wouldn't have got a result like this!
View attachment 292150

Fixtures

Aberdeen 1-0 Ross County
Cabestany

Through some force of nature or act of god we only scored once today. Should have got about 9!

Aberdeen 1-0 Rangers
Cabestany

Becoming a familiar score here! Struggling badly with injury's already this month was not helped with Pierce and Simao adding to Vaz,Flavio, Hughes and Seabra. Thank goodness for the international break

Dundee 0-0 Aberdeen

Awful way to end the month as we miss the chance to close the gap to Celtic as they end a even more disappointing month

League
View attachment 292151

We have a bad month but Celtic have a even worse month but in the end of the day gaps down to 5 points. At the other end the highlanders are level at the bottom

Player of the Month
Josep Cabestany
View attachment 292152

Only player who knew how to score. No time like April to find your shooting boots everyone!

Youth Intake
View attachment 292153View attachment 292154View attachment 292155

3 players join from the set up. Elrick being the special one, Jess and Shearer signed for emotional reasons

Unlucky in the CL, you had a good start too.

That league title is so close, tou can almost put a pinky on it.

Like the look of Elrick, he has some potential

April

Aberdeen reach the Scottish Cup final where they will play St Johnstone
Celtic retain the title
Ross County relegated

Fixtures

Aberdeen 2-1 Hibs
Goncalves 2

Goncalves was the difference maker in a season where he's been up and down with his goals Juste makes his 100th Aberdeen league appearance. Chances of getting to 200 are slim at best

Aberdeen 3-2 Hibs - Scottish Cup Semi Final
Goncalves 2
Sneddon

Aberdeen are in the Scottish cup final after an amazing comeback from going 2-0 right after half time to finally beat hibs with Goncalves leading the way again

Aberdeen 0-0 Dundee Utd

Our display of the season but the scoring problems go on

Hibs 0-3 Aberdeen
Juste
Cabestany
Sneddon

That's more like it! 3rd game in a month against Hibs and we get 3 wins this being the only time it was simple

Aberdeen 2-0 Motherwell
Goncalves
O'G

Another very solid performance and a good win but its all for nothing as Celtic retain the league again

League
View attachment 292277
The title has gone for another year. Celtic were just too good for us this season after only loosing 1 game all season. Our problems all revolve around not scoring enough

Player of the Month
Esmael Goncalves
View attachment 292276

Broke the record for most man of the matches awards as he lead us to the Scottish Cup Final

May

Lluis Juste played his 126th and last game at home to Motherwell and after rejecting our final offer he's off to Fiorentina for £11m

Juste Lluis
View attachment 292505
127 appearances
5 goals
7.46 Ave Rating

Fixtures

St Johnstone 1-0 Aberdeen

Youth team were out to play as there is noting to play for in the league

Aberdeen 2-3 Celtic
Kardum 2

Lead twice and lost so disappointed but like last season it was youth v youth

Final Table