State of Liverpool FC - MUST READ!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter cruxify
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 90
  • Views Views 7K
Zebedee, how do you know everything? XD

I don't know everything :p But I do odds and ends for various Liverpool groups and do get to matches when my health permits it. Huge discussion about this shirt issue on the Rattle (lad who spotted it lost his brother at Hillsborough, so you can imagine how he responded) with some discussion on RAWK and the Hillsborough for Dummies guys have raised the issue with Ayres already (although the reply they've got so far seems like BS - apparantly it's a return, which is nonsense as the club shops don't take returns on printed stuff...).

Erm, we'll wait and see on that one mate. Hillsborough isn't something to be used to beat the Yanks with unless this does turn out to be a corporate decision to market a pre-printed shirt as opposed to someone at the club shop doing one off their own bat and putting it out.

If it is a corporate decision, there'll be **** to pay. But let's make sure that it is first before diving off in the deep end.

It is a corporate decision mate. The store managers are only there to make sure things are running properly, they can't make these shirts and put them up for sale. It's the whole culture these yanks brought in by broadening revenue streams. They will do anything and everything to profit off the club and now they're profiting off dead Reds. It's a ******* disgrace if I may say so, spread the truth.

The club should give the extra £14 to the hillsborough family support group, unfortunately this wont happen because they need to make money/break even on the cost of producing the shirts...

I just hope this doesn't damage the club any more than it is at the moment, heres hoping to a quick sale and a return to premiership success.

Last edited:
Who wants the yanks out,
who,who,
we do

Who wants the yanks out,
who,who,
we do

It is a corporate decision mate. The store managers are only there to make sure things are running properly, they can't make these shirts and put them up for sale. It's the whole culture these yanks brought in by broadening revenue streams. They will do anything and everything to profit off the club and now they're profiting off dead Reds. It's a ******* disgrace if I may say so, spread the truth.

Let's find out for sure first though mate.

I like the Yanks :)
I like Rafa :)

I hope they both stay for the foreseeable future

so you'd like to see your rivals fall apart financially? much as i hate liverpool, i'd never wanna see that happen. hope their fortunes change before the damage is permanently done

Even when Liverpool is falling apart, Everton can't profit from it. Says much about where you guys are at when Woodison is falling down ;)

Personally, I like Rafa too. Six points from the bluenoses three times in five years (including last year). ;)

Rafa's record against Moyes: won 8, drawn 3, lost 3. (Includes one draw and one loss in FA Cup, that loss after extra time).

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 01:48 PM ----------

I think we're f*cked.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article7142868.ece

Last edited:
that cannot be good news... you think gerrard would follow rafa out the club, to either inter or madrid?

---------- Post added at 02:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 AM ----------

also should rafa go, hodgson for liverpool?

that cannot be good news... you think gerrard would follow rafa out the club, to either inter or madrid?

Gerrard's publicly said that he'll see out his contract, but it's not really a secret that a decent enough bid will see him at Real Madrid. Fight behind the scenes is rumoured to be over where any money received will be spent - players or making the leeches' position a bit easier with the banks.

Absolutely livid. At the ******, numpty, whining 'fans' who've called for his head and at the totally dysfunctional owners who have trashed every single thing which my club used to hold dear.

I hope Rafa sticks two fingers up to them all and brazens it out, but I think it's getting to the stage where he's being forced out. Disgraceful.

---

edit: I have a lot of respect for Hodgson. But I don't want him anywhere near my club. And if he's got half a brain, he'll feel the same way should Rafa be pushed out. No long-term job security at Liverpool, high chance of best players being sold off beneath him and no transfer funds does not make us an attractive prospect to anyone of any quality. I'll lay money they'll be looking for a 'yes' man. I pray to god King Kenny isn't getting bored at the academy, because I'd hate to see him tarnished by the shitstorm which will come if the owners have pushed Rafa out.

Last edited:
rafa sometimes hasnt helped himself out with media, but imho the media have always been out to get him, with loaded question after loaded question.
i openly admit i intensely dislike liverpool, but this isnt the way you wanna see a rival go down. more needs to be done to protect our clubs from owners who have no interest in the club other than to leech it for what its worth.

rafa sometimes hasnt helped himself out with media, but imho the media have always been out to get him, with loaded question after loaded question.
i openly admit i intensely dislike liverpool, but this isnt the way you wanna see a rival go down. more needs to be done to protect our clubs from owners who have no interest in the club other than to leech it for what its worth.

I can now empathise almost fully with those Stretford Enders who said 'sod this' and went and formed FC United.

Maddock (close to Purslow on the board) is saying Rafa's been sacked, with usual Purslow spin of 'players want to leave because of Rafa' rather than 'players aren't happy about the club having twopencehapenny to improve the squad after manager is lied to over money available for transfers'. Other newspapers are also reporting the same.

Want to go and punch every single member of the board in the head. They're killing my club.

Talk on SSN that Liverpool are discussing Benitez's future as manager right now

Ah, nice to finally see a United fan sticking up for Liverpool. I agree 100% with what you just said. As much as I hate the Pool it isn't nice seeing any club go under due to owners who are more interested in keeping their pockets full rather than attending to the needs of their club. Most clubs now are in debt and it is ruining football, no matter how much I hate Liverpool, they would be missed in football, and anything that will be missed in football means a **** of a lot more than a rivalry

Instead of getting rid of what's bad with the club, it's everything that's good that seems the most likely to change. Rafa out, Players likely to follow, Board staying put.

Instead of getting rid of what's bad with the club, it's everything that's good that seems the most likely to change. Rafa out, Players likely to follow, Board staying put.
Torres,Reina, Mascherano are the players who really adore Benitez, so i think they're the most possible to leave, bar Reina.

You'd have to bring in a top end Manager to convince some of those players to stay.

Some un-confirmed reports that he's been sacked off SSN. Who would replace him d'ya think if he were to go-go?

Back