Resource icon

playgm StephenHK Tactics FM21 2021-09-12

Wich tactic do you used ?

4231 1.6. I have already broken the record for more games won and more goals in the league but this season I am on my way to beat it again. I'm in 1/8 of the Champions League against Bayern and I just signed for the Norwegian national team

Hello all.

I hope this doesn't sound too silly a question - but which tactic have people found most enjoyable? I like to watch matches, see a variety of goals (from crosses, through balls etc) and spread the goals out. I'm late to FM21 and have tried a few tactics, but found wingers largely ineffective, often just running to the byline (no matter what instruction) and failing to cross well. I like a defender scoring, but I don't enjoy them banging in 20 goals a season and outscoring most of my team!

I do enjoy a 442 - how have people found the latest version? Does it play nice football? Or would the 4231 give more more variety of scorers and types of goal?

Of course, I want to win and my team is in Croatia. so not a major force - so I accept some limitation. I just like to enjoy the games and the football involved. I can see from the posts here how good these tactics are - but have people enjoyed watching their games and different types of goals?

Thanks for your feedback

End of the third season with Celtic. In the league, too easy, champions with more than 30 points over Rangers. We won the cup and lost in the semi-finals of the league cup. In the Champions League it is much more complicated, although we dominate the big teams (Chelsea and Bayern), the difference in players is noticeable

Scottish Premiership_ Fases-3.pngCeltic FC_ Partidos-2.pngChelsea - Celtic_ Resumen.pngCeltic - Chelsea_ Resumen.pngCeltic - Bayern München_ Resumen.pngBayern München - Celtic_ Resumen.png

Great tactic. Fourth season and the Champions League arrived

Liga de Campeones de la UEFA_ Fases.pngLiga de Campeones de la UEFA_ Fases-2.pngScottish Premiership_ Fases-4.png

With Celtic I had Moukoko, Bryan Gil, Meret who were my best players. In the 5th season he won everything again, even the Europa League. I was eliminated in the Champions League due to bad luck, but win the Europa League. Eliminating teams like Inter, Copenhagen, Lazio and in the final Arsenal by penalties

Arsenal - Celtic_ Resumen.png

I went to the Moreirense of Portugal. And in the first season we were 3rd when we had a forecast to be 12th and avoid relegation

Liga NOS_ Fases.png

But the best was yet to come with Norway. World champions beating Ukraine in the final with one less player

Jesus Oyaga_ Hitos.pngCopa Mundial de la FIFA_ Fases.png

Simply brutal this tactic. Always with 4-2-3-1

Any one of these good for league 2/conference in England

Hey, is anyone using the 442 kungfu tactic on their saves?
How does it cope up with bigger teams or Away nights in Europe? Any tweaks tried or recommend?

Why is Hollandia your country on the screens tho ?
If you'd have Norway, Norway will be in blue :p

because I was already with the Dutch national team, that's why I am attaching the other photograph where you can see that I was with Norway

I've done a quick holiday test with Barcelona, only 4-5 games and the 442 looks solid at the back (1 conceded in 5 and that was a friendly) and the 4 league games there was a 6-0 and an 8-0. I'm going to stick with it for the rest of the season.

I dit a quick test (one game) this morning wit hSt Pauli (first season, a good team) and i lead 5-0 in halftime. In halftime i switch to 442 v4 sishen. And the game ended 8-0.

Will test it more tonight after work.