players dont show up after starting new game.Any help?

Did you place them in the correct folder?
Also tick the editor data when starting a new game.
They should work because I test the db for each and every player and they all work fine for me.

Anyway:
Next requests in order are:
René Higuita(not sure if i can get his accurate player history)
Bobby Moore
David Ginola
Henrik Larsson

I will get these 4 done tonight and possibly 1 or 2 of my own picks also most likely
Sándor Kocsis and József Bozsik.
Any further requests may have to wait until the morning

Did you place them in the correct folder?
Also tick the editor data when starting a new game.
They should work because I test the db for each and every player and they all work fine for me.

some people wont be able to get them to work because they are compressed DBC files and not uncompressed XML files, if you untick compress files in your data editor before you save them they will be saved as XML files and will work for everyone.

some people wont be able to get them to work because they are compressed DBC files and not uncompressed XML files, if you untick compress files in your data editor before you save them they will be saved as XML files and will work for everyone.

Cheers for the info Will. Ill be sure to do that from now on and also when i merge all files they will be xml. I used the dbc files because there smaller. Didnt know tht not everybody can use them.

Taking a break for a hour or 2 now( i spend 12-14 hours a day on laptop generally during the week so need a break). Will watch a movie and then get onto Ginola and Larsson

Player Name: Gabriel Batistuta
Suggested high stats: Anticipation, Finishing, Heading, Free Kicks, Pace (Known as the "Most complete forward of his generation, so general striker stats?)
Wiki Page: Batigol
Season they became a household name: 1994-5 (Bronze statue in Florence year)

Player Name: Duncan "195 PA" Edwards.
Suggested high stats: Tackling, Passing, All Physicals, Long Shots, Dribbling, Finishing, First Touch, Influence, Bravery, Anticipation, Off the Ball, Positioning, Determination, Decisions, Heading - You get the idea Steve
Wiki Page: 195PAplz.
Season they became a household name: 1954-55

"George Best was something special, as was Pelé and Maradona, but in my mind Duncan was much better in terms of all-round ability and skill." - Tommy Docherty.

Steve thinks that Edwards should only have 190PA yet Maradona has 200 -.- Anyone other than me disagree? (To prove to him I'm not the only one!)

Tbh I would disagree with some of your creations Steve. I mean, no way Cantona was that creative and he wasn't world class dribbler. And wasn't Booby Moore really slow ?

Tbh I would disagree with some of your creations Steve. I mean, no way Cantona was that creative and he wasn't world class dribbler. And wasn't Booby Moore really slow ?

Hey mate, im open for discussion about them. I am only going by the knowledge available to me.

I remember Cantona playing and he wasnt all about goals. He was influential and he often helped the team win a game by supplying a key pass for an attack for somebody else to score. This was hilighted especially after returning from a glabal ban to set Nicky **** up for a goal against Liverpool after just 2 minutes. He is widely recognised as being a leader and creater as well as a goal scorer. Thats why I put his creativity and dribbling high. In that era he was techically superb and had a footballing brain.

As for Moore. He has an average of 13.25 out of 20 for the speed attributes(pace, acceleration, agility and stamina). I wouldnt exactly class that as fast. I know Moore wasnt that fast but I am allowing the fact that he was only 22 and that he would have been fitter in those days. Moore wasnt painfully slow, he just lacked great pace.

Anyway I try to make the players as realistic as i can without comprimising their abilities in the game. Moore was one of the finest center backs in the world in his era. If he only had 5 pace in this db would he be effective as a defender? Legend databases are a dilemma because everybody will have different opinions on players. If 10 people went to recreate a player chances are all 10 would have different stats. If there is more support for making cantona less creative and Moore slower I will agree to do so. I try to the best of my ability to make these players as good as they would have been back in the day.

Just so you know, thats not having a go. I just wanted to explain my reasoning for why the players have the stats i gave them. :)

I think Moore's pace is alright, maybe a little high because it will improve as he's only 22 and has a lot of PA but doesn't need to be reduced by much.

The one thing that I would check is reguarding the difference in PA & CA. In older games I don't think stats altered too dramatically after the age of 24/25, so anyone older than this probably needs to be fairly close to their PA. If that's the case, I'd say Figo may need improving a little.

Also, I don't think Cantona should be so creative, he was a creative player but 20 would suggest he was one of the most creative players ever, which I'm not sure he was. He had the style of Zidane, not great pace or dribbling speed but exceptional close control, balance, technique and composure. I'd probabaly give him 18/19 dribbling and between 18 and 20 for the others. His passing was also very good but to recreate a player like cantona, the ppm's are very important. Things like 'lobs the keeper' and 'comes deep to get the ball' are required.

Have u seen deus fm10 legends game im sure u could use some of his players in your fm12 version i also like his idea to create legend teams from certain years or eras, which would also keep the game balanced becouse u would have good teams inStead of good players in random teams

Yea, he was all that ( Cantona) but still, this would make him just as creative as Zidane :D Anyway, since I'm United fan, I wont complain :D
Anyway, could you make George Best ?

I think Moore's pace is alright, maybe a little high because it will improve as he's only 22 and has a lot of PA but doesn't need to be reduced by much.

The one thing that I would check is reguarding the difference in PA & CA. In older games I don't think stats altered too dramatically after the age of 24/25, so anyone older than this probably needs to be fairly close to their PA. If that's the case, I'd say Figo may need improving a little.

Also, I don't think Cantona should be so creative, he was a creative player but 20 would suggest he was one of the most creative players ever, which I'm not sure he was. He had the style of Zidane, not great pace or dribbling speed but exceptional close control, balance, technique and composure. I'd probabaly give him 18/19 dribbling and between 18 and 20 for the others. His passing was also very good but to recreate a player like cantona, the ppm's are very important. Things like 'lobs the keeper' and 'comes deep to get the ball' are required.

Ok seeing as you are the second person to say this also I will change their stats a little bit. I wont change them for the individual players but when im releasing the players in a pack i will adjust them slightly. Also your right about matching ca and pa for the older players. Will be sure to raise Figo and Pele a slight bit. I will also change Cantona and Moore accordingly as both you and Vanjagl suggested. Cheers for the feedback guys.

Great idea steve! When is your first pack released?

Have u seen deus fm10 legends game im sure u could use some of his players in your fm12 version i also like his idea to create legend teams from certain years or eras, which would also keep the game balanced becouse u would have good teams inStead of good players in random teams

I was planning on doing it today but I fell behind a little last night because I was harassed on steam for the best past of 4 hours.(you know who you are ;) ). It will be most likely Friday before I create a pack so that there is a decent number of players done.
I remember that db a few years ago. I wont be taking info from it as some players were over rated. I dont want 50-60 190 ca players.
As regards doing complete teams from an era, I will be doing so in my free time away from requests. First up is FC Honved of Hungary from the late 40s and also the Mighty Maygars national team. I will also be doing Real of the 50s, United of the 60s, Ajax of the 70s, Liverpool of the 80s, Milan of the 90s etc. The teams may not be complete but there will be a large number of players from that era at those clubs.

Yea, he was all that ( Cantona) but still, this would make him just as creative as Zidane :D Anyway, since I'm United fan, I wont complain :D
Anyway, could you make George Best ?

Yeah, after it being said again I do kind of agre 20 is a bit too much in those stats. Will lower them to 16 or so and give other strong points a boost.
Best is already done mate, Post 12 has his db file :)

I really wrote Best :facepalm
I meant Bobby Charlton.