View attachment 218674
New Beginnings
View attachment 218673
2nd November 2015

Staying at home and not working is quite the life for some people, unfortunately not for me. After a week being back in the UK, I've had a job offer, Bolton. While they're sitting bottom of the Championship, I think it would be best for me to sit on the sofa. They don't interest me at all.

I wasn't the biggest fan of them as a player, and their situation looks unfixable right now, it would be silly to take. Nottingham Forrest are also looking for a new manager, I like Forrest as a club, but I'm not sure if that's the job I want.

I've been speaking with Alex and she did say she would rather stay in this country than move abroad again, I do have to consider what she wants too, her and the girls mean the world to me. Sam Allerdyce is under huge pressure at Sunderland at the moment, so I'm keeping my eye out on that. Ideally a job in the Premier League would be nice.

View attachment 218670
With Allerdyce without a win in 10 games, it looks like he could be out of a job in the next few weeks. I'm quite surprised nothings been said about Mark Hughes. Stoke are really struggling and the football they've been playing has been awful.

Klopp has done wonders at Liverpool and it's lovely to see us back in that top four. It's early days but we're looking good. With Firmino and Ings being our star players so far. It's no surprise that City and Chelsea are the top 2 in the league though.

I'm looking forward to what the next few weeks bring.

View attachment 967633

Inter sack Mancini
View attachment 218665
Inter Milan have today sacked Roberto Mancini after a disappointing start to the season. Inter are currently sitting 11th in the league and after spending big this summer, it appears that chairman Erik Thohir has already ran out of time with the Italian favourite.

Inter have only won 5 of their opening 13 games, a record which isn't good enough for the standards they want to be at. The club have released a statement on their website to thank Mancini for his time there in his second spell at the club.

It is thought that Steven Gerrard is among the names considered to take the role. With Sky Bet now slashing previous 20/1 odds to as little as 7/4, it seems like Gerrard could be on his way to the San Siro.

View attachment 218660

****** Rumours
View attachment 967648
30th November 2015

Rumours are a huge part of the game, I'm no stranger to them. But I couldn't help get excited to find I was favourite for the Inter job, but I hadn't been contacted so I knew it wasn't mine. But what excited me is that my name is being mentioned there about. It would have been lovely to manage Inter, but I was reluctant to comment.

I'd been mentioned a lot on the media about it and I can't lie, I did think about it a lot. So when I woke up on Thursday and decided to apply, I was too late. They'd already given the role to Vincenzo Montello, formerly of Fiorentina. That's what you get for waiting around I guess!

I'd like to get myself a job before the turn of the year. That way I can have a look around the transfer market, I've only got a month to get one if that's the case. If the right one doesn't come along, I won't force myself into a job.

View attachment 218655

Wanted man

View attachment 218654
View attachment 218653
7th December 2015

I got a call from Tony Fernandes, the chairman at QPR. The second he told me who it is I couldn't help but laugh. I knew what he was going to ask, and not a chance in **** would I have even thought twice about it. That man hasn't got a clue about the game, and I really don't know what he was expecting.

So I declined, only for Tony to then tell me how much I would be paid. That's how hi thinks life works. I've got enough money and enough about me to know that QPR is not the club I need to be at. Definitely not to start my career off.

The Wolfsburg job has just come available, and while I want a job in the Premier League, that is really tempting.

A new story so soon ? You my friend are amazing ! Will be following for sure !!!

View attachment 967689

Hughes out, Gerrard in?

View attachment 218640
Stoke City have today confirmed that they have sacked Mark Hughes from his managerial role at the club. Stoke are currently placed in 19th position in the league, and with results not changing in recent weeks, it was their 3-0 home loss to Aston Villa which caused owners to sack Hughes.

Steven Gerrard has publicly announced that he has applied for the job. Which is a bold move considering how big the task is at Stoke City right now. Gerrard has also been heavily linked with the Wolfsburg job, they sit 8th in the Bundesliga.

Last edited:
View attachment 218635

Decisions, Decisions

View attachment 218636
6th January 2015

I've just delayed a job offer from Wolfsburg. They've give me a week to think about it. I'd been in for an interview and to be fair it was a brilliant one, I couldn't fault the owner he seems like a great guy, but do I want to manage in Germany? Do I again want to take the kids to another country?

Alex didn't seem keen on Germany, but this is a really big job. I've got to take this seriously because Wolfsburg are probably the third biggest team in Germany at the moment, and they have a really good opportunity to progress, as do I.

My life has always been about me and my decisions though, so I'm going to see if Stoke come back to me, if they do I will stay in this country and try to make a name here, but if nothing comes of it I may need to sit down with the girls and see what they say.

Last edited:
Good luck with the story, surprised to see Stoke struggling so much - shouldn't be a problem getting them out of trouble though!
Excited to see where this goes!

Good luck with the story, surprised to see Stoke struggling so much - shouldn't be a problem getting them out of trouble though!
Excited to see where this goes!

They've got some good players so yeah I am too!

So many options at the moment!

View attachment 218634

Wolfsburg it is!

View attachment 218628
14th January 2016

Here I am, manager of Wolfsburg. I'd accepted the offer after Stoke chose Nigel Pearson over me, which really was a kick in the teeth. The more I thought about it, the more it was even a stupid decision to consider Stoke over this club, but I'm here now and that's all that matters.

The unveiling was great. I come out to a full stadium, this club were something. I didn't realise I was still as big as this. What a feeling.

I told them all on the mic, that I'm going to have my ups and downs, but that I will get this club back into the Champions League next year. We'd just been knocked out after a very poor showing in the groups. We've got a strong defence, so the plan is to add some creativity to this team. We don't have that since De Bryune has gone.

My first game is a friendly against Wiedenbruck to finish off the winter break.

I think Wolfsburg is a fantastic place to start. Can definitely compete for trophies there and do well in Europe, and really make a name for yourself in your early managerial career.