I think Wolfsburg is a fantastic place to start. Can definitely compete for trophies there and do well in Europe, and really make a name for yourself in your early managerial career.

That's the plan mate! Hopefully I can do well with them!

View attachment 218610

Expectations
View attachment 218609
We're already knocked out of the German Cup, which is a shame but we can completely focus on the league and that's what I want to do. Our first match is Hoffenheim away. So I'm looking forward to getting a game under my belt.

We're in the Europa League last 32 but we've been given a huge task of taking on Napoli, who are flying in Serie A so far this season. Whether we can beat them or not is yet to be known, I've not had a chance to see what the squad is like.

View attachment 218608
My first task at the club is decide what to do with Origi. I met the lad when Liverpool signed him, but I'm 50/50 about his ability as a player. I'm going to bring him in for a chat and we can decide together what's best for both of us.

View attachment 218606
I'm looking forward to these three games. It will be nice to see how the squad get on. I will have to rotate as the games come thick and fast, some lads should be okay considering they've just had a winter break.

View attachment 218602

First Signing

View attachment 218601
View attachment 218600
I'm delighted that we've signed Ben Arfa. He will join us at the end of the season but it's brilliant for a player like him to come in. On his day he can dazzle opponents and I'm going to make sure he has that day more often. Ben Arfa's attitude has been questioned in the past and I'm going to make sure it wont be in the future.

OMG,what an amazing story so far.Wolfsburg is an amazing choice,hope you'll qualify the team for UCL,this story gest better every minute. :p
Question:What's your transfer budget,Jamie ? :)

View attachment 218584

Approaching Hoffenheim

View attachment 218581
22nd January 2016

We're only two days away from my first competitive game in charge, and the excitement is killing me, I just want it to be Sunday. I've put the lads through their paces in training and they seem extremely fit. We played a friendly and won 2-1. We could have scored a few but a win is a win.

I spoke to Origi, considering he was so down about this loan, and between us both we decided him staying was a better option for now, and we would send him back next month if things don't work out. He's a versatile lad so he's not bad to have in the side at all.

Here is the squad I've been handed since joining:

View attachment 218576View attachment 218575
It's a decent squad. I love the back 5, they look really solid. The foundations are there to build on so hopefully we can turn our season around and then bring in one or two new faces next year who will really improve the squad. Bendtner is currently out on loan but when he comes back I want him gone, I have no time for him.

I like the look of Kruse, and theres no doubt that Draxler can become an amazing player, I'm hoping I can help him improve.

Ben Arfa bossed it for me on fm 15 with Charlton hope he can do the same for you

OMG,what an amazing story so far.Wolfsburg is an amazing choice,hope you'll qualify the team for UCL,this story gest better every minute. :p
Question:What's your transfer budget,Jamie ? :)

Thanks mate, got a lot of support so early so it's fun to do!

£7 million, but I don't think I will spend any of it to be honest, I want to give this squad a go first :)

View attachment 218554
View attachment 218553
View attachment 218552

What a way to start my managerial career. I was not expecting to win 5-0. The lads were exeptional and I really couldnt ask for anything more. We found ourselves 2-0 up before ten minutes and then the game was ours. We controlled it and made Hoffenheim really work for the ball.

It was nice to see 4 different goalscorers, and even better to see Schurle bag two. He's struggled for form this season but I stuck by him. I brought Origi on in the second hhalf but he didn't look too lively, so I may send him back to Liverpool depending on how the next few games go.

If we can play like that every game we will be climbing the league in no time.

View attachment 218545
View attachment 218544
View attachment 218543
A good win today. I was expecting a better performance though. We could have conceded a couple of goals had the opposition been better. Dante was suspended and Naldo was slightly fatigued so that played a part.

Rodriguez proved today why he is one of the best fullbacks in the world. He bombs up and down the line consistently, and was awarded today with a brilliant team goal.

Origi scored from the spot to seal the victory, but I'd like to see a stronger performance next time around fromt he squad. We've climbed into 6th position after this win. Which is brilliant progress already.

View attachment 218539

Praise from Klopp

View attachment 218536
I'm feeling pretty good about the start of my managers career, two wins and two clean sheets can only put a smile on anyones face. It seems that while I've been following Klopp's results, he's also been following mine. The phone went off and once I heard that energetic voice, I knew who was on the other line.

"Congratulations Steven"

"Thanks Jurg, I owe you a congratulations too!"

"Very good start indeed my friend, but I also have something to talk to you about"

"Whats up?"

"Origi, how is he getting on? What's his attitude like?"

"He wants to play every game, but he's not ready yet. He was talking about terminating his loan, I don't know if you know anything about that?"

We spoke for about an hour. He told me his plans for the club and I'm pleased to hear them, he's the perfect fit for Liverpool. We agreed that Origi wouldn't be playing as often as he wants and he's going to have a chat with him. The last thing we agreed on was a pint the next time were in the same country!

View attachment 218532
View attachment 218531
View attachment 218530
A huge win today! We went a goal down to Jonas Hector strike and for the first 30 minutes didn't look like we were going to show up, before turning that around and scoring 2 in 10 minutes to send us into half time a goal up. Rodriguez getting his second in as many games.

It was striker Max Kruse who sealed victory for us with a tap in right at the end of the game. I can't argue with 3 wins in 3.