View attachment 218527
View attachment 218526
View attachment 218525
We did it. We beat one of the best teams I the league! we're really on some good form now. This win has temporarily moved us to fourth, depending on Leverkusen's result. Andre Schurrle is performing amazingly and with another 2 goals to his name he's beginning to become the first player on my team sheet.

We dominated in possession which really caught Dortmund off guard. Maximilian Arnold controlled the game from the middle of the park today. 4 out of 4 now for us and were looking at a top 3 finish.

Really loving this story so far, Wolfsburg are a team that have a very solid foundation on which you can build and it looks like you've managed to do exactly that so far, keep it up!

Great start! Glad to see a good story this early on. Keep it up.

wow this came as a big surprise for me as it was only the other day i read your announcement that you wouldnt be playing fm2016! buzzing this is back! good luck mate :)

great start mate.. loving it so far..
awesome team there, defensively solid, and some amazing attacking threat. and also very nice midfielders..

What a start my friend ! a give you a perfect ten so far !!!

ive had some time away from this site recently as work as got a bit hectic but im so glad to come back and see another Jamie Williams story!

Is this the same tactic as FM15? Absolutely bossing it again!

Just pray they don't change too much for the full release. You seem to have hit a vein of form. Ride that wave and grab Champions League football :)

Yeah I'm shocked at how well its going! Would be a lovely start to get in the Champions League again!

Really loving this story so far, Wolfsburg are a team that have a very solid foundation on which you can build and it looks like you've managed to do exactly that so far, keep it up!

I forgot how strong their squad actually is, I've been lucky to take over such a good squad.

Great start! Glad to see a good story this early on. Keep it up.

Will be a big update today :) Thanks

wow this came as a big surprise for me as it was only the other day i read your announcement that you wouldnt be playing fm2016! buzzing this is back! good luck mate :)

The second I seen it was out I couldnt resist :p Thanks bud

great start mate.. loving it so far..
awesome team there, defensively solid, and some amazing attacking threat. and also very nice midfielders..

Just a great squad! haha, looking forward to adding my own players here and there too.

Where's Lord Bendtner?!

On loan, and never coming back. :p

What a start my friend ! a give you a perfect ten so far !!!

Thanks man :)

Nice work as usual Jamie, following....again :)

Cheers mate! Glad to know :)

ive had some time away from this site recently as work as got a bit hectic but im so glad to come back and see another Jamie Williams story!

Get back to making one yourself mate! I loved that. Thanks :)

Is this the same tactic as FM15? Absolutely bossing it again!

Maybe... ;) Cheers :)

View attachment 217243

Steven Gerrard Interview
View attachment 217242
Good afternoon, today we are here with the name on everyones lips right now, Steven Gerrard, I must say what a fine start to your managerial career?

Thanks Jake, its been a bit of a blessing really.

Tell me something, were you expecting it to be this easy?

I don't know where you are seeing that it is easy really. We've won 4 out of 4 games yes, but none of this has been easy. Luckily for me were in some good form and it isn't all on me. The players out there need to take credit too.

Easy may have not been the word then, but were you expecting to be sitting here after 4 matches with a 100% record?

I knew that the squad was capable, but their heads were down when I joined so probably not. We've been working on some team building again which is great for the lads, and morale seems to be high at the moment.

You've moved up four places into fourth position and now sit nine points off the top, do you think you can challenge for the title this season?

I'd be surprised if Bayern don't go on to win it this year. They have the players and manager to do just that, I don't see anyone competing. I know Schalke hold that top spot right now but I can only see Bayern winning it. I wan't us to be up there though.

View attachment 217241
What do you make of Andre Schurrle's performances in recent weeks? He's been outstanding hasn't he?

The lads brilliant. He puts 110% in every match but so do all of the players. Andre has upped his game a lot and you can see that in the goals he is scoring, it makes you wonder why Chelsea let him go.

View attachment 217240
First Selection Dilemma
View attachment 217238
10th February 2016

Training has been great recently. All the lads are up for it and to see how much effort they are putting in is great. But I can see it's wearing on them a little. In football, you can't play every single game week in week out unless you're exceptionally fit. Which to be fair these lads are.

But sometimes you have to think of the bigger picture. We have Napoli in a weeks time in a huge game in the Europa League, and while back in England it's not taken seriously, it certainly is in Germany. I wan't to win it.

The problem is I will need to rest a few of the first teamers, Kruse, Naldo, Schurrle, to name a few. Rodriguez needs a rest too. The game they would be rested for was an away trip to Bremen, which might be tough. They're sitting 8th in the league but have only one win in their last five, so they're going to want to change that.

I named the teamsheet for the Bremen game, and I told them why we were changing things about, we were just resting them. I noticed Origi's eyes roll and then he shrugged his shoulders. He's in the starting XI for Bremen so I guess he's annoyed that it's only because the others are being rested.

That kids starting to **** me off. I'm all for a player really wanting it, I've been there myself. But you also have to take it when you get on that football pitch. He's scored one goal since I've been here, a penalty. He will get another chance on Saturday but if he fails to take it, anymore of this attitude from him and there will be words.

We need to keep him this season, I was planning on sending him back but after we had major problems getting Denis Cheryshev registered for the league, it seems he won't play in a Wolfsburg shirt at all, but due to the **** up we still have to pay 80% of his wages for half a year, brilliant.

View attachment 217236
View attachment 217235
View attachment 217234
I had major worries today. I was resting a few of the big names in our squad and relying on Bas Dost and Origi to come up with the goods. Both haven't really featured too much this season so I was unsure whether or not they could step up to the mark.

Luckily for me Dost did, what a performance from the Dutchman. He really put himself about today and got his reward with 2 goals, and was unlucky not to get a hat trick. His first goal came from a forced error after he chased the keeper down after a stray backpass and managed to win the ball off him, which he slotted into the open net. His second was a lovely finish into the bottom corner from a pulled back pass by Maximilian Arnold.

My biggest worry today was resting Rodriguez, we haven't got any other natural left backs in the squad. So I played Vierehina, who is naturally a right wing back/winger. He played great in his temporary role and even bagged a goal.

The way we controlled the possession for parts of the match is where we won it. Not letting Bremen have the ball for 3-4 minute spells really knocked their confidence, and fitness.

We play Napoli next in my first European game. I'm buzzing!

View attachment 217227
View attachment 217226
View attachment 217225
There is pure frustration around the ground, and there should be too. We actually dominated Napoli and we come out of this game with just a point, and with the disadvantage of away goals. It's a shame to see that happen. We were in the lead twice in the game and conceded two sloppy goals, and when you concede in the dying seconds of the game it is hard to take.

Onto the positives though, that football was brilliant. We played the ball around a strong European team with ease, and on another day we score 4 or 5 there. The more this squad adapts to the style we play the more confident I'm getting.

I'm going for a pint with my old mate Pepe Reina now, and then me and the lads can look at where it went wrong tomorrow.

You can rely on Vierehina in my opinion. He is a very good player ready to me from the bench at any time as a winger or an inside forward. My team in Greece (Olympiakos) always had problems with him when he was playing for PAOK Thessaloniki. Have not seen his stats in fm16 (since I don't have it yet ha ha !) but I don't believe that they would be different from the ones in fm15.

You can rely on Vierehina in my opinion. He is a very good player ready to me from the bench at any time as a winger or an inside forward. My team in Greece (Olympiakos) always had problems with him when he was playing for PAOK Thessaloniki. Have not seen his stats in fm16 (since I don't have it yet ha ha !) but I don't believe that they would be different from the ones in fm15.

Yeah he's a very solid player! And because he is versatile he fits my ideas too. I like someone who can play 2 or 3 positions. It helps keep the squad fit!