Yes! Loved your Carragher one, even if I did stop reading about halfway through. Can't wait for this :)

View attachment 967553

Steven Gerrard Announces Retirement

View attachment 218693Gerrard puts an end to luxorious playing career

Steven Gerrard has announced his retirement from playing football. The L.A Galaxy midfielder has only been with his new club for four months, but has announced his retirement after failing to come to terms with their play off loss to Seattle.

"I'm not sure if it's meant to be for me. I've had a brilliant career but winning a title just seems to be something that someone doesn't wan't me to do. I've been battling through with a hip injury as most know and I'm not sure my body can take it anymore. I was hoping to have a few years out here but I can't carry on playing through the pain."

The former Liverpool captain is not finished with football all together though, and it looks like Gerrard could be ready to step into coaching and possibly management.

"I've always said once my playing says are up that I'm going straight into the coaching game of course. I always think to myself I could become a manager, no question. I'm experienced enough in the game to become one now. It's just whether or not I will have that opportunity. We will see."

Reports suggest that Gerrard is ready to play a part in Jurgen Klopp's backroom staff at Liverpool, but the former red insists that he is not considering a return to Liverpool just yet.

"I'm going to leave Jurgen to do his thing. I followed him closely as a manager and we've spoke on the phone since he's been there, I wish him luck but this is his Liverpool now. Hopefully in the future I will be standing in his place, but like I said for now it's down to Jurgen. the club is in safe hands."

It's now interesting to see where Gerrard will end up as a coach or manager, but he insists this wasn't in his plans to hang up his boots just yet.

"I'd like to apologise to the L.A Galaxy fans. I really hoped that this could become a new chapter in my life but unfortunately it cannot. It's now time to see what the future holds."

Last edited:
Jaysus you start fast :p Good luck my friend. May you be in the Football Gods' favor.

Yes! Loved your Carragher one, even if I did stop reading about halfway through. Can't wait for this :)

Thanks man, read it all this time! ;)

This makes me happy! At least he can't slip over in the dugout :)

Less of that! haha thanks!

Good luck Jamie!

:)

Cheers bro!

Jaysus you start fast :p Good luck my friend. May you be in the Football Gods' favor.

A bit different to the break I was supposingly having... :p Thanks mate :)

For a guy that was too busy to buy FM, you sure got stuck into that. Good luck mate. Glad to see you back.

Looking forward to this if steven can do half as well as Carragher he will have an amazing career

This is fantastic, so glad you changed your mind! Can't wait for this story to be the first to break 1 million views!! :D

For a guy that was too busy to buy FM, you sure got stuck into that. Good luck mate. Glad to see you back.

I know, I realised I had to make time for it! It's a nice thing to clear my head and I've enjoyed writing on this website! :)

Looking forward to this if steven can do half as well as Carragher he will have an amazing career

That's the plan, this will definitely be a better story. I can promise you all that, I'm not sure if it can be quite as succesful mind!

This is fantastic, so glad you changed your mind! Can't wait for this story to be the first to break 1 million views!! :D

That's a huge ask Pat! I'm not sure if that's possible :p But thanks mate, glad you're following! :)

Haha,i knew you'll be back ! :)
Good luck and can't wait for this journeyman. ;)

even though i hate liverpool i have followed your stories.. goodluck

Good luck with this mate! Was a huge silent follower on your Jamie Carragher story. Hoping this one gives you as much success.