Check your attackers’ PPMs, they might have “Shots From Distance” PPM

I checked and none do. I have managed to slightly alleviate the issue by allowing more "mixed" passing. I think because I have been performing really well, teams have frequently playing 2 DMs against me and my players have been struggling to find short passes into the box.

Amazing season

View attachment 83860

Goals very spread across the midfield but the inside forwards getting the lion's share.

Only tweak I made was to relax the passing instructions to 'mixed'.

Very pleasing to not lose once. City nearly beat me at their place but managed to nab a late equaliser by going overload. I think having a strong squad of youth talents & no Europe really helped also as I frequently had fresher legs than my opponent in the big games.

As an aside: I just picked up a regen, scouted them on the genie & he has Messi-level potential as well as a good personality. Only problem is he's a left-footed ML with good crossing & respectable defensive stats. Would be perfect the LB but that feels like such a waste for a player of such huge potential. The players in those positions don't influence the game as much as the midfield in this tactic.

One idea I had was to change the AML in the tactic to be a winger but give it the IF instructions like cut inside & stay narrow, then train his weaker foot so he can shoot when cutting inside but also send over little crosses for the other AM/IF. Not sure how much that might compromise the tactic though.

The other option was to train as a CM but I checked my stats and none of the players in that position did much crossing last season (<1 per game).

Last edited:
Hi TFF

Could you also line up Girondins de Bordeaux ? Thanks! :)

Strikerless Results - 2nd Season

Second Season with Liverpool, absolutely blowing teams away! On course for over 100 goals & 100 league points.

Took until Feb for me to get my first defeat when I rotated my entire first 11 at Stamford Bridge as I was already miles ahead in the league & I wanted fresh legs for the CL.

Using the strikerless strategy but have relaxed the passing instructions to "Balanced".

All the CMs (but especially the CMD) get worn out really fast with this strategy though so I found it critical to have 5-6 players in midfield who are all of starting quality so I can rotate freely. I think this has been the key to my sustained success.

View attachment 83157View attachment 83156

Second Season with Liverpool, absolutely blowing teams away! On course for over 100 goals & 100 league points.

Took until Feb for me to get my first defeat when I rotated my entire first 11 at Stamford Bridge as I was already miles ahead in the league & I wanted fresh legs for the CL.

Using the strikerless strategy but have relaxed the passing instructions to "Balanced".

All the CMs (but especially the CMD) get worn out really fast with this strategy though so I found it critical to have 5-6 players in midfield who are all of starting quality so I can rotate freely. I think this has been the key to my sustained success.

View attachment 1128120View attachment 1128121

Hi Ragnar The Red

How you relaxed the passing instructions? Do you selected balanced in width?

cheers

Hi Ragnar The Red

How you relaxed the passing instructions? Do you selected balanced in width?

cheers

I just meant the passing directness. I bumped it up to "Mixed" from "Shorter" because I could see my players sometimes get stuck on the edge of the box looking for a short pass and often resorting to taking too many long shots as a result. With mixed passing they seem to find it easier to spot a good through-ball. I'm not sure if this would work as well if you lack pace in your team though.

I have on occasion widened my instructions from "Narrow" to "Balanced" when it's obvious that the opposition team is defending deep & narrow and my team are finding it hard to find a route into the box.

I'm currently playing around with an alternative tweak for tight, narrow defensives where I keep the instructions as "narrow" but swapping the IFs and making them attacking wingers. It's working but I was beating them before anyway so hard to know whether it's better or not without more testing! I'm tempted to save-scum the same game a few times with each strategy to see the results but it just feels wrong! :D

View attachment 83021View attachment 83020View attachment 83019View attachment 83018
Not too bad for a group of misfits, castoffs, and underachievers. Limped into the end of the season as injuries, suspensions, and it seemingly allowing the opposition to frame their goal with sheets of plywood. Shocking the amount of woodwork I was hitting the last 6 matches. I used Stinger about 75% of the time and Demolisher v17 the other 25%.

very impresive mate
Thanks. I think I could of scored more if I had optimized set pieces. But I rotate heavily (used 28 players during the season) and I am a bit lazy about setting up set piece roles from one match to the next so I never made adjustments. I probably would of ended up worse off.

Thanks. I think I could of scored more if I had optimized set pieces. But I rotate heavily (used 28 players during the season) and I am a bit lazy about setting up set piece roles from one match to the next so I never made adjustments. I probably would of ended up worse off.

Why do you need to setup it before every match? I just setup it once at the begging of the season and forgot until the end of the season. :)