Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Chelsea Win

Votes: 14 48.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Too ponderous on the counter from Stoke

Spend some f*cking money! Spend some f*cking money!

What a disgrace - 0-0 against difficult opposition away from home on the first day of the season. Villas-Boas should be sacked!2111ELEVen!!!

Oh...

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

Danny Pugh... What a tackle.

Not a bad start, terrible for my prediction bets for the weekend but the signs in Torres/Midfield/Defence are promising.

lol at Wilkins picking Torres as MOM. Begovic by a country-mile for me.

Oh Chelsea you *****, ruined my 1st weeks accumulator! :(

Oh Chelsea you *****, ruined my 1st weeks accumulator! :(

Same here. *****.

Not a bad result for Chelsea, Stoke away is always a tough fixture. Chelsea were quite poor in the first half but played themselves in to the game second half and were fairly good. Torres was good while the 2 on the wing were shocking.

I can't remember his distribution being so quick and accurate personally...

Always been accurate imo. Maybe not so quick, but I think that's more about AVB playing quicker football.

MotM was definitely Begovic. Woodgate was pretty **** good too.

Personally, a great performance and we deserved the win and were the better team. Second half performance was a fantastic contrast to the first, and maybe if Alex took the free-kicks and Halsley had his specs on, we might have had the result as well. Torres was brilliant, best game for him by far and deserved the Man of the Match award!

Decent result, Stoke is one of the hardest places to go in the league. Could've had atleast one penalty from the 3 shouts, but Stoke could've easily had one to.

Pleased for Torres, he was the only player who looked like he could make something happen, deserved MOM.

Torres man of the match. Good to see him back somewhere near his best. Hopefully he can start scoring again this season.

Hmm, decent result. Torres was good MOTM imo, followed by Begovic. Today definitely showed we need a winger and playmaker. And I wish Kalou would have been played on the left, so much better cutting in.

To be honest the MotM for Torres seems sympathy-driven. He was good, but certainly not MotM.

Begovic MOTM for sure, good from Torres. Unconvincing from Chelsea's wide players

have to say i really enjoyed this match :)

end to end

Was a pretty dire match. Wilkins commentary being the highlight of the game. Think he described Ramires as teethy?

To be honest the MotM for Torres seems sympathy-driven. He was good, but certainly not MotM.

Not from me. Begovic very close, made 3 excellent saves, but Torres was so good. Coming short for the ball, then turning the defender, showing fantastic pace, dribbling around 3 or 4 defenders, making them look 'amateur'. Even had a couple of very good crosses, his passing also looked sharp. Movement off the ball too - that was the main problem last year, but today he was getting in all of the right positions. Just a shame he didn't get a clear chance on goal.

In fact maybe I'm being bias, but it's certainly not sympathy-driven.