• Stoke City Win

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Chelsea Win

Votes: 14 48.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anyone else's opening weekend predictions completely wrong in the PL?

I have United down for 2-0 and City for 3-0 wins...Hope they come through or my total points will be 2.

Anyone else's opening weekend predictions completely wrong in the PL?

I have United down for 2-0 and City for 3-0 wins...Hope they come through or my total points will be 2.

Went a bit askew has to be said. got more predictions right in other countries than the prem lol. Same old, same old lol

Went a bit askew has to be said. got more predictions right in other countries than the prem lol. Same old, same old lol

I found it hard to judge how teams were going to set out personally, I just started doing the other countries...

Germany/France have been just as hard to predict, Italy/Spain will be my comfort zone.

I wish I used some peoples tactic of just putting 1-1/0-0 on every game then I would be high up on the board.

Not from me. Begovic very close, made 3 excellent saves, but Torres was so good. Coming short for the ball, then turning the defender, showing fantastic pace, dribbling around 3 or 4 defenders, making them look 'amateur'. Even had a couple of very good crosses, his passing also looked sharp. Movement off the ball too - that was the main problem last year, but today he was getting in all of the right positions. Just a shame he didn't get a clear chance on goal.

In fact maybe I'm being bias, but it's certainly not sympathy-driven.

As I said, he was good, but he shouldn't have gotten the MotM award and I think that had it not been Torres, Begovic would have got it. His passing wasn't really that sharp tbh.

I found it hard to judge how teams were going to set out personally, I just started doing the other countries...

Germany/France have been just as hard to predict, Italy/Spain will be my comfort zone.

I wish I used some peoples tactic of just putting 1-1/0-0 on every game then I would be high up on the board.

Would have done that myself, but there were so many unexpected results last season I just went on what I knew best of the clubs involved (lol), and mostly hoping for the best lol.

Happy to be on target with my prediction that Chelsea wouldn't win... Stoke have a habit of doing this, and with a new manager at the helm, I thought it would be difficult for Chelsea to really gel and find space/link up with the new tactics. Much better in the 2nd H though.

To be honest the MotM for Torres seems sympathy-driven. He was good, but certainly not MotM.

Seriously what are you on??? Sympathy-driven?? He was very impressive, only thing he didnt get was a goal but appart from that he was a joy to watch today.

Torres matched Stoke's defenders and held the ball up well and showed a good touch, if he can do that vs Stoke's tanks then I can only imagine what he will do to other teams defence's like Swansea's...

i watched the game and Torres played very well Stoke's defenders kept halfing him though lol and he should have got a penalty.

Too many times last season when we dropped points there were no possatives to take out of the game, but today was hugely different. Much more possatives to take from this game than negatives as for me the only negatives would be we didnt get 3points and the un-written rule that Chelsea were not allowed a penalty today!!!! Torres was brilliant and looked near his best, deserved a goal and also deserved a penalty. Our defence looked solid (never a doubt) and i have no problems with that side of things at all especially Bosingwa at RB (as i predicted) who i thought looked very decent but needs to work on his crossing/final ball. Kalou was awful today and we need to just use him as a sub, Ramires was different class too as was Mikel. All in all from what i've seen i am happy with what we got, i wouldnt say no to another CM but the right man for the right price.

I made alot of tactical observations, like AVB adopting a rather high defensive line and you could tell it was new to Cole/Bosingwa stepping up so much. It will take time for the players to settle into the system, the offside trap almost went wrong a couple of times but the defence recovered the situation well.

Mikel looked good on the ball, Bosingwa ^^) did well and Ramires ^^) was superb. But I was having this discussion with CFC fans on twitter and we all have the same conclusions, Malouda and Kalou were poor and not good enough to get us very far. They were either too narrow to help Torres or too deep, that is why his job was so difficult today because the midfield held up very well. Malouda has been a great servant but he's just not got that yard of pace anymore and his consistency is frankly appauling. Kalou is...Kalou, never been good enough and never will be. With Lukaku coming in I hope we see less of him, but the clear need is for at least one new winger with blistering pace and energy. People are saying Sturridge but...He's not a winger he's a striker playing on the wing. He may be the answer to RW and play him in Hulk's role at Porto but we still need a LW.

Not worried about us signing a CM because I think Moutinho will come in by September 1st.