Stone Cold Steve Journeyman. Revisiting all my former clubs

August

Fixtures
View attachment 67756
We start the season as we left off winning our 3 league games and Betfred cup games with ease and with plenty youngsters and new signings getting in on the act. Tougher ties ahead like Rangers in the cup around our opening Champions League games

Scottish Premier Table
View attachment 67755
Great to see Aberdeen join us at the top with 3 wins from 3. Hibs make a slow start with no wins yet.

Champions League Draw
View attachment 67754
Scotland now have a spot in the group stages and as 3rd seed we had hoped for a better draw. We struck gold with Galatasaray being no1 seeds but recent winner Chelsea and Spain's 4th team Villarreal mean that once again there wont be any easy games!

Transfer Window
View attachment 67753
Alex Iwobi for £42m? Have PSG pressed self destruct!

Celtic

After selling back up defender Raphael Moulin to Inter for £10m we suddenly had a war chest and spot in the team to fill with only 5 hours of the transfer window left!

Luis Chavez - DC
View attachment 67752
We had to go to the short list with the transfer window almost over. I didnt know how the work permit situation would go but thankfully it went through

An Jae Young - MC
View attachment 67751
At 18 year old he's got International caps and goals and could be a utter gem in the future so for £1.3m i got him bought now before his value sky rockets. Could be a good buy for Celtic with shirt sales from Korea possibly following there next superstar player

September

Were still unbeaten in all competition and perfect in domestic football including an all time old firm classic in the League Cup

View attachment 67673

Rangers had actually gone 2 goals ahead with half a hour to go when we threw the kitchen sink at our greatest rivals and Rashford along with the unlikely hero William English of Ireland forced extra time. With the wind of momentum behind us Morales off the bench put us ahead for the first time and with 3 minutes left Rashford became a Celtic hero with the 4th goal to secure a semi final spot against Aberdeen

Fixtures
View attachment 67672
We also remain perfect in the League despite as with the cup Rangers almost put a stop to us but a Rashford goal either side of there 86th minute equalizer. That aside we had 3 easy wins at Hearts and at home to Ross County and St Johnstone

Scottish Premier Table
View attachment 67671
Were still perfect and also the last unbeaten team. After lauding Aberdeens start they only one one game in September and that was in the cup as there jumped by Motherwell, Ross County and Rangers. St Mirren are still pointless and St Johnstone are win less.

Champions League
View attachment 67670
Only one game in September and it went about as expected. I'll take an away point to Villarreal and i hope the other game is a example of how bad Galatasaray are rather than how good Chelsea are despite two of there goals coming against 10 men.

October

Fixtures
View attachment 67616
Two more easy wins in the league then a thrashing of Aberdeen in League Cup semi finals to set up a final with Hearts

Scottish Premier Table
View attachment 67615
9 wins from 9 and in 2nd place we have Motherwell with a 0 for goal difference. Rangers and Aberdeen are just being. At the bottom St Mirren finally have a point but they and St Johnstone have still yet to win.

Champions League
View attachment 67614
A once in a lifetime result against Chelsea seen Rashford and Geubbels destroy Sule's former team. This result could totally turn our last 16 prospects around. Match day 3 seen our monthly fightback from 2 goals down to get a win in one of the most intimidating stadiums in the world

November

We arrive at our Champion League high point as we not only qualify for the last 16 but do so by winning the groups.

Fixtures
View attachment 67606
As usual a great European result is leveled out with a poor SPL result. We scored 4 against Falkirk & Aberdeen then 5 against St Mirren but some how followed that up with a 0-0 draw at Motherwell to ruin my dreams of a perfect Scottish season

Scottish Premier Table
View attachment 67605
Getting away from the lost of our perfect record going down the toilet Rangers are only 7 points back after teh first 1/4 of the season but i expect that gap to grow and grown when we have two months without European football. PS Still no win for St Mirren or St Johnstone

Champions League
View attachment 67604
We win our back to back home games and thanks to goal scoring machine Mattia Vydra, yeah that guy our final game at Chelsea is worth £1m for a win but we'll play as much back up and youth players as we can with top spot locked down

December

We come out of the League cup finals with 7 wins on the bounce in the league with only Falkirk loosing by less than 3 goals.

Fixtures
View attachment 67527
The best result by a mile was thrashing Rangers 6-1 as offers started coming in for there manager Alex Rae

Scottish Premier Table
View attachment 67526
Rangers form hit the skids over the festive period and they go into the international break just ahead of Aberdeen & Motherwell for the 2nd place. Changing of managers seen St Johnstone and St Mirren finally get wins on the board

View attachment 67524

Champions League
View attachment 67523
Top two spots were decided before we played a weakened team that lost to Chelsea

Last 16 draw
Roma vs Aberdeen
View attachment 67522
Much to our luck the 2nd seeds are weaker than either seeds were last season so all we had to do was avoid Atletico and the rest was fair game and we'll take Roma

League Cup Final 2023

View attachment 67476

Hearts vs Celtic
View attachment 67475
View attachment 1146041

The dream of the treble treble starts here

We had to beat Rangers and Aberdeen to get back to Hampden while Hearts had the easier route with Hibs, St Johnstone and Airdrie

Hearts 1-3 Celtic AET
View attachment 67477
I sure hope this was our come back from behind win for December. To be fair desipte a few changes the side look tired from all the football they have played and we were caught out for our conservative start by Demba Camara who gave Hearts the lead. An untimely injury to Gutierrez helped me get a 3rd striker on and our offensive assault began and despite taking over 20 shots on Hearts goal we only managed one Rashford goal that at least forced extra time where i was really worried. Most of our teams condition were about 10 less than Hearts but thankfully there is 4 subs in the League cup so we made our final two changes and soon after Geubbels who loves an improtant goal had us ahead once again before securing the cup with his 118th minute strike.

Tottenham Hotspurs

11th place Man City sack Mauricio Pochettino and once again go to Tottenham for there next manager and hire Zinadine Zidane.

View attachment 67338

This job opens up days after Southampton landed in the bottom 3 and sacked former Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers so there is two of my teams to managed with jobs opening.

When i leave both old firm teams will be after new managers since Rangers manager Alex Neil was hired West Brom

View attachment 67337

In the end it had to be Tottenham!

View attachment 67336

We pick them up in a prime situation just 4 points off top spot in the Premiership and even better the Manchester teams are both having a off year at last.

View attachment 67334

Not so good in Europe however. Tottenham the 2017/18 Champions League winners finished 3rd in there group getting pushed out by Ajax who thumped them 8-2 in Amsterdam to consign Spurs to a tough Europa League last 32 tie with Benfica

View attachment 67335

More on this after the January window

January

Fixtures
View attachment 67248
We start of my reign of terror with two straight forward wins with Kane & Ali scoring the goals against Newcastle, lets hope for more of that. We finished the month with a North London derby win. 3-0 really flattered us especially since 2 goals came from Benham in stoppage time when i assume Arsenal put everyone up top.

Premiership Table
View attachment 67247
Thats how you start your first month in your new job. Arsenal who had the chance to go top,even a draw would have done however we beat our biggest rivals to make sure its ourselves that lead the way.

Transfer Window
View attachment 67246
PSG once again dunk another £142m into the game and Barcelona use it to buy AC Milan's star player, bad move for my future in Milan one day

Tottenham Transfer Window
View attachment 67245
I tried for several centerbacks but with a pathetic £11m to spend as well as a squad already sitting with players not registered this window was more about cutting the wage bill for a busy summer. Selling players from the premiership seems much harder!

In
Mael Vaillant - MC
In the end he was the only player joining now as a lack of squad spaces. A better cheeper replacement to Rodriguez who i gave away he ****** me off so much.

I also canceled Simon Svendsen's loan to Huddersfield as we need him now

Out
Wages were a joke, We only have 22 spots registered due to the lack of English trained players means players had to go now to try and get a start on possible a busy summer at Spurs. The big sale was Hussein Maher. Signed for £350k, never managed a rating of 7.00 so when Krasnodar decided to start spending big i laughed and accepted there offer. Promising youngster Paul Kinlan didnt fit into my tactics so he's away for a bargain £6m and for a similar fee 32 year old Quincy Promes join Crystal Palace. Our biggest move of the window is pawning off James Rodriguez off to Sampdoria. He was on a ridiculous £240k a week and at 32 his value was away to plummet. I took a big hit to the extent of £100k a week in wages we will still be paying him but still that saves £140k a week or £7m a season.

Tottenham Squad
View attachment 67244
View attachment 67243

Decent overal. 3* players pushed on with 4* players through the spine of the team with Kane and Ali still the two star players. On the bench stars of tomorrow Lasota & Benham will have to share opertunitys with top premiership players like Memphis Depay & Serge Aurier. Depending on how long i stay at Spurs the bench has its share of older players and overpaid player than need filtered out and replaced with English raised players

SPL Jobs
View attachment 67242
Former Belarus & Dynamo Kyiv manager Khatskevich takes my job at Celtic, Not the big name the fans may have wanted. The real coup was from Hearts who get former Leverkusen manager Roger Schmidt to replace Robbie Neilsen who's second term as manager ends with him taking the Rangers job.

February

We only lost one match but thats where this review has to start. Bang on half time we were 3 goals ahead and cruising so i went to make a cup of tea and let the cat in, he and i got the shock of our lives to see that former Spurs player Chadli and regen striker Makiadi scored 3 of the 6 goals he's scored all season to sink us to our first dropped points and defeat in my time at Spurs.

View attachment 67162

Fixtures
View attachment 67163
Following the West Brom debaclement we got two huge wins in more ways than one firstly thrashing managerless Liverpool then going onto face the best team in the save so far Man Utd at Old Trafford with Harry Kane getting a double in a huge 3 goal lead.
Cup success was also on the schedule with a comfortable win over Hull before thrashing Bournemouth in there own house.

Premiership Table
View attachment 67161
Chelsea's perfect month and extra game take full advantage of our West Brom disaster. Arsenal & the Manchester teams are all within 10 points of top spot with plenty ball to play!

Europa League last 32

1st leg
Benfica 1-1 Tottenham
View attachment 67160
On closer inspection were actually defending champions so that 88th minute strike from Harry Kane might save face

2nd Leg
Tottenham 3-0 Benfica
View attachment 67159
In typical fashion we held on in the away leg but thumped the Portugese team in the home leg

Last 16 Draw
Basel vs Tottenham
View attachment 67158
We're happy to miss out on the big teams and get the Swiss team that loves a upset.

March

Pep's Sacked again!
View attachment 67074

Que the banning of all summer transfers if the potential new board dont sack me along the way
View attachment 67073

Our FA Cup run takes us past Man Utd and we'll play Arsenal for a place in the final
View attachment 67072

Fixtures
View attachment 67071
Our League form was great again except for another bottom 3 team Charlton this time taking points off us. We rotated our 4 main strikers and all 5 of them scored multiple goals over the month.

Premiership Table
View attachment 67070
Well this is getting interesting isnt it! Man Utd have remembered they are the best team in the country and have closed right up on ourselves and Chelsea with Man City and Arsenal a bit back but far from out of it yet. Pep leaves Villa down in 11th

Europa League Last 16

Basel was a push over so no need for pictures

Quarter Final Draw
View attachment 67069
Spartak or Rennes was what we wanted, two English teams drawing each other was a boost.

April

4th team and the 400th game in management
View attachment 66945

Soon after Harry Kane takes a pretty big record away from Jimmy Greaves
View attachment 66944

Our FA Cup dream ends with a disappointing performance where we basically handed Arsenal a spot in the final
View attachment 66942

Fixtures
View attachment 66943
West ham was our only defeat of the month but the huge result of the month was against Wolves where all seemed lost as they pulled it back to 3-3 with only 4 minutes to go. Thankfully we had 5 minutes of added on time to save the 3 points. Title winning goal from Benham at the end.

Premiership Table
View attachment 66941
Man Utd destroyed Hull to take the lead in the League and the goal difference race, We have a game in hand over Man Utd and Chelsea but Man City are now right in the race and we will play them 3 times in two week in early May.

Europa League Quarter Final

1st Leg
Spartak Moscow 2-2 Tottenham
View attachment 66940
This was not our finest day. We first gave Spartak the lead with own goal from Ali and even more frustrating was after we got ourselves in front Spartak finished stronger with Wijnaldum making it all even going into the 2nd leg.

2nd Leg
Tottenham 4-1 Spartak Moscow
Tottenham 6-3 on Agg
View attachment 66939
No problems getting into the semi's with a easy win.

Semi Final draw
View attachment 66938
An all English Semi finals and clearly we wanted Stoke but Semi final draws have let us down this year. At least now were only fighting on two fronts.

Europa League Semi Finals

1st Leg
Man City 2-1 Tottenham
View attachment 66845
Well it could have been much worse. Man City had the better of the game while we were very poor at doing anything with our chances.

2nd Leg
Tottenham 3-1 Man City
Tottenham win 4-3 on Agg
View attachment 66844
After loosing our last 3 games and loosing Harry Kane to a knock for this and the league game with Man City things only got worse when Man City got the dreaded away goal meaning we needed 3 goals and someone to step up. That someone was Memphis Depay who started teh second half by making a goal for Karavaev before scoring one himself to make it all level. He was not done however and with 15 minutes to go he layed the ball off to Deli Ali who struck what turned out to be the deciding goal that puts Tottenham into successive Europa League finals

View attachment 66843

Following a scare in the 1st leg Arsenal turned the tie around to set up a all London final. Ironic considering the original Europa League "the fairs cup" would take the best players from major European citys so we had the likes of Birmingham x1 cologne x1 although some countrys set teams instead so Chelsea represented London, Inter for Milan ect!

View attachment 66841

Following a scare in the 1st leg Arsenal turned the tie around to set up a all London final. Ironic considering the original Europa League "the fairs cup" would take the best players from major European citys so we had the likes of Birmingham x1 cologne x1 although some countrys set teams instead so Chelsea represented London, Inter for Milan ect!​

Premier League Run in

Match 35
Tottenham 1-2 Bournemouth
View attachment 66730
Why when you are trying to win a game do you take off Harry Kane? I stupidly got into the mindset of we need to rest players for the Europa League Semi Finals but thats no defense! We were very poor and were out played by lowly Bournemouth. We seriously need to wise the **** up against the smaller teams, it might have already cost the team the title this season.

View attachment 66729

Elsewhere high flying Stoke were the first team to do us a favor winning at Stamford Bridge to put Chelsea at the back of the que in the 4 way title race. West Brom continue to be giant killers by clawing back to 3-3 against Man Utd. Sadly for us they couldnt repeat there heroics from earlier in the season and take away all 3 points but what it does mean is were in a position where if we win our final 3 games we'll take the title. Man City were the only other team that won and since they are tied on points with ourselves meaning whoever win at the Etihad is favorites, and if we draw then we have a +7 goal difference advantage.

Match 36
Man City 1-2 Tottenham
View attachment 66728
What a result! Our second win and by far the biggest over City in the past few weeks. Two quickfire goals around the 20 minute mark from Depay & Fernandes let me go very defensive very early. This was a bigger advantage than usual as both teams best players were knackered from two tough fought Europa League games.

View attachment 66727

Chelsea do what they can to stay in the fight while Man Utd's win at Arsenal means whatever we do with our game in hand at Aston villa the title will go down to the final day

Match 37
Tottenham 2-1 Aston Villa
View attachment 66726
4 years have passed from my time at Villa and they are onto there 3rd different manager. Still 4 players from my day survive including the MOTM goal scorer Soley who got a work permit weeks before i left for Juventus.
Anyway back to the game and it was a second half own goal from Ermacora of Villa that did his old boss a huge favor giving us championship advantage for the final game

View attachment 66725

The only other top 4 team in action was Man City who ended there season by loosing at West Ham. We have a 2 point advantage but due to Man Utd goal difference advantage we have to go for the win

Match 38
Crystal Palace 1-2 Tottenham
View attachment 66724
For the first time since the summer of 61, SIXTY YEARS AGO Tottenham Hotspurs are the Champions of England and it could not be more fitting that Harry Kane scores the two goals that won the game and the title

And as it turned out we had to win that game with Man Utd beating Liverpool in there final game, who did that fixtures. Imagine the destruction that Man Utd lifting the trophy at Anfield could have caused!

View attachment 66723

Europa League Final 2024

View attachment 66620

From Ernst Happel Stadion
View attachment 66618

Tottenham vs Arsenal
View attachment 66616
Both sides reach there second Europa League final in the save, both looking for there Second Europa League win. The pressure is all on Arsenal who must win this match to qualify for next years champions league. For me it would be my 3rd Europa League win with a 3rd team, making my 3-2 aggregate defeat to Arsenal with Celtic all the more heartbreaking, not that winning 3 Europa League's makes up for having 4 champions league knock out games in 7 seasons! Its a tough life but its my life

Match
Tottenham 3-2 Arsenal
View attachment 66613
With the start we made this contest should not have required Harry Kane to yet again saved the day with the winner 10 minutes from the end. Still 2 goals in the first 3 minutes had me thinking should i shut up shop now or is that asking for disaster? i decided no and by then Brandt had pulled on back for Arsenal anyway. Still holding a goal advantage despite our chances there was no sign of that 3rd goal instead it was Arseanl with MOTM Pereira that tied the game up, different story is Deli Ali was fit to play. Extra time was looming when Harry Kane decided he was ready for the summer break and hit the winner in the 81st minute to ensure we join the ranks of Spanish giants, Barcelona, Valencia, Real Madrid & Sevilla by winning back to back Europa leagues.

No updates mate!?

I've hardly been out of work recently and lost my mojo for the save. Will have a look at it tonight if it goes well i'll get going again, if not i'll start a new one once the .3 update comes out.

Season 7 Review 2023/24

The season end with Daniel Levy always after the best price selling the League Champions days before they become champions. They have invested a little but took out a 10 year £106m loan out against the club, which is scandalous!

View attachment 65408
View attachment 65407

The new board first job is to expand the stadium to 76,000
View attachment 65406

Premiership

View attachment 65404
Tottenham help me win my 3rd different national league to go with my 3rd Europa League holding off a strong finish from Man Utd while Chelsea & Man Citys challenge fell apart in the final days. Arsenal fell apart at the end of the season almost getting overtaken by Stoke who beat top 7 regulars Liverpool & Leicester. At the bottom Charlton's rise to the top flight might have been a bit too sudden as they go down with yo-yo team Hull and the biggest shock of the season was Southampton! They tried changing managers but the man who left Rangers in the same months as i left Celtic ended up falling into the championship.

Premiership Player of the year
Dele Ali
View attachment 65403
England sbest midfielder wins his first player of the year becoming the first English winner since Jamie Vardy

Premiership Young Player of the year
Jose Luis Lopez
View attachment 65402
Lopez joins Dele Ali as the only other 3 time winner and the first player to do it 3 years in a row.

Premiership Top Scorer
Jose Luis Lopez - 22 goals
View attachment 65401
The Spanish forward i tried to sign for Juventus wins it. Harry Kane fell just short of a record shattering 6th golden boot and if had not been injured at the start of the year he would have been a sure fire winner

Team of the Year
View attachment 65400
5 Spurs players, Only two regens

World review
View attachment 65399
Real Madrid win back La Liga, the only side to clear 100 points. Only Atletico challenged as Messi retires from a Barcelona that was not challenging this season.
View attachment 65395

The leftovers of my Juventus team won the league with a few games to spare despite selling the two young strikers to Real Madrid. Geraci who was on loan to Celtic last year came back and scored 12 goals being Belotti's 20 that powered them to the title. AC Milan right on there tails with Inter and Napoli right on there tail.
Cetlic had there most impressive season ever powering to 34 wins. Rangers were clear in 2nd place with Motherwell beating Aberdeen to 3rd. St Mirren went down despite a strong finish to the season while St Johnstone joined them in getting booted out of the top flight.

Champions League
Atletico 0-1 Man Utd
View attachment 65398
Untied 3rd win from there amazing 5th final in a row!

Tottenham Squad
View attachment 65397
Our strikers were the stars of the season. Kane, Dimata & Depay leading the way. Player of the year Alli and newbie Vaillant were the future of my midfield. Alderweireld at 35 was still our stand out midfield.

Tottenham Fans player awards
Harry Kane
View attachment 65396
Could anyone else win it?

Season 8 Tottenham

Euro 2024
Germany 1-3 Italy
View attachment 65369
Italy win Euro 2024 beating the Germans in the final, Look at Germany's Semi Final result

International Employment

France and Italy were the top 2 jobs going and in the End i went with France who's amazing generation of players are coming to an End while Italys still have a few years in them so hopefully i can win the World Cup with France then move to Italy in 2026

View attachment 65368

Pre Season 2024/5
View attachment 65363
I decided to go for a light schedule with cup games before the Premiership kicks off. We won 4 but lost kane's testimonial when some awful players game back for one night only.

Pre Season Prices
View attachment 65360
The bookies cant choose between the top 5. I think its a bit harsh to make us 4th favorites as defending champions however!

Community Shield
Man City 2-2 Tottenham
Man City win on pens
View attachment 65359
Harry Kane got our season underway, with a own goal as he and Icardi had City 2 goals clear we fought back to force Extra time but it was all for nothing as we lost on pens

European Super Cup
Man Utd 1-0 Tottenham
View attachment 65357
We went toe to toe with the new, improved and heavily invested United squad but it was a old face of Dyballa win Uniteds 3rd super cup in 4 seasons.

Tottenham Squad
View attachment 65356
View attachment 65355

I missed the boat by not improving the defense by spending all our money on midfielder and forwards. Having said that we have crazy depth up top

Tottenham Transfers
View attachment 65354

IN

Defense
View attachment 65353
After spending most of my money i finally got in back up defenders Ben Chilwell & Axel Tuanzebe mostly because they were the best affordable English defenders to take me up to 8 English trained players

Midfield
View attachment 65352View attachment 65351View attachment 65350View attachment 65349
Here's where we did the best of our work. Peter Vernon and Ricky Carroll are two on English footballs brightest prospects. Two bargains that are more than good enough for the starting 11 are my former Celtic midfielder Michael Cuisance who insisted on a £13.75m buy out clause which has worked to my favor, should of thought of that clause with other signings. Free signing Pablo Fornals is the deal of a decade

Attack
View attachment 65348View attachment 65347
4 signings but non for the Starting 11. Keita Balde comes in on a free to be a back up and was followed by u20 superstar Sebastian Heinen from PSV. Two youngster join and are loaned out due to the lack of non English spots Ivan Dituro & Chema

Out
Almost all of these transfers were made possible by Yann Karamoh. We was a back up player for us fighting with Depay to be top sub so £82m was laughable for a player with that status. Joao Felix and Oberlin Pineda were in there final season and wouldnt resign while Ben Davis and Mateo Musacchio were in there last seasons and not required in the squad

English Transfers
View attachment 65346
The biggest moves were players leaving the country

World Transfers
View attachment 65345
The move that stands out here is Jack McMinn who i signed at Villa on a free from Falkirk leaving for a £35m profit

PSG sign Juventus's star midfielder Ibero. Poor deal by the Turin team!
View attachment 65344

August

Fixtures
View attachment 65139
Our league defense gets underway with a draw at Stoke which is not as bad as it looks after they challenged the top 6 last season. We were unconvinsing again at home to Crystal Palace but found our grove with Harry Kane getting his first goals of the season along the way

Premiership Table
View attachment 65138
A perfectly good start, not perfect like the Manchester teams who have set there stall out early.

Champions League Draw
View attachment 65137
This was not a kind draw with Atletico a knock out quality teams and Napoli one of Italys best both likely to give us work. Rostov are not trash either so a miserable draw from top to bottom

Transfers
View attachment 65136
Monaco add to there homegrown quota by signing Upamecano