Stone Cold Steve Journeyman. Revisiting all my former clubs

So what are you considering/aiming for as success for Celtic? Difficult for European dreams in the short term

So what are you considering/aiming for as success for Celtic? Difficult for European dreams in the short term

Success at Celtic is Europe after Christmas, and a domestic treble

I have to get through 10 more teams across 4 leagues so whenever a job comes up i have to consider it. I would like to do at least a full season at each club win what i can in that season or two then move on

August

Celtic end the transfer Window with a 28 man squad with 6 player in on loan

Fixtures
View attachment 68933
My first game in charge was the League cup against Hearts and in our 6 games we have scored at least 3 goals winning all games at a canter.

Scottish Premier Table
View attachment 68932
The big three are leading the way. Falkirk will find it impossible to reach the top 2 again after loosing Steve Clarke and having him replaced with Neil Lennon

Champions League

Qualifiers
Celtic 10-1 Red Bull Salzburg Agg
View attachment 68931
We won both legs at ease

Champions League Draw
View attachment 68930
Group of Death. A Europa League spot would be a huge achievement!

Transfer Window

Celtic Transfers
Ok here we go again!

In

Arturo Vidal MC
View attachment 68929
There is a long list of older players that have come to Scotland to retire in peace and been torn apart by the national game. On over £110k a week this had better not happened to hard man Vidal who will be my signature signing

Esteban Quiros WL
View attachment 68928
Crazy stats for a 20 year old who already has 43 caps for Costa Rica. Will be a long term win at wing back

Mitchell Joosten
View attachment 68927
Not my signing but he could turn out to be the best for Celtic

Other Youngsters looking to make a impact
View attachment 68926View attachment 68925View attachment 68924View attachment 68923

Three free player arrive to work in the midfield
View attachment 68922View attachment 68921View attachment 68920

Six players come on loan, four from Juventus as my old teams star youngsters join me once again
View attachment 68919View attachment 68918View attachment 68917View attachment 68916View attachment 68915View attachment 68914

Other SPL Transfers
View attachment 68913
Rangers spend big while Hearts draw a £4.5m profit

World Transfers
View attachment 68912

September

Our big game with PSG is my 300th in the save and also dragged us to our first draw of the season against the Billion dollar French team.

View attachment 68838

Fixtures
View attachment 68839
Our rebuilt squad kicked off in the most impressive way beating Inverness by 8 goals, 4 goals from my new signings. My Old Firm debut was also a success with two penalty's. In the League cup we played a back up team and it almost went wrong but we reach the semi final thanks to Forzato. We rounded out the month with a two goal win at Kilmarnock.

Scottish Premier Table
View attachment 68837
Aberdeen jump Rangers and are into 2nd place despite loosing at Ibrox after going 2-0 up.

Champions League
View attachment 68836
We kick of the group of death with a stunning win in Dortmund with a hatrick from Babacar. AC Milan shocked PSG in Paris before thrashing Dortmund at the San Siro to be the only side with a perfect record. Our second game is full of regret as we managed to hold on for a draw with PSG despite spending over 50 minutes a man down. Double header with Milan up next.

October

Here's something i've never seen in FM before! Not caused a issue's with the dynamic which i expected
View attachment 68647
Fixtures
View attachment 68648
A record equaling win where all 9 goals came from our 3 strikers. Then a trip up to pittodrie led to another 3 goals and 3 points which we did again in the League Cup semi finals as we swiped aside Rangers to set up a final against Dundee. After that came the first failure of the season when Falkirk ended our perfect league record holding Celtic to a 1-1 draw after they took the lead. That enabled me to lauch a swift kick in the backside to the team who went to easter road and won 3-1 to set us up for the Champions League tie with AC Milan that starts off November

Scottish Premier Table
View attachment 68646
Despite a hiccup against Falkirk were 8 points clear at the top while sadly Rangers have pulled away from the pack chasing 2nd.. No clear relegation candidates at this stage.

Champions League
View attachment 68645
Only one game and it was a utter heart breaker in the San Siro. Twice we led and twice we let AC Milan come back including a 91st minute equalizer from Sandro. Would have loved to beat them and there lippy manager.

[/CENTER]

I think that is because it started in FM18, only happens to regen players.

Could you imagine the real life drama this would cause if say a married player with kids came out the came home to a angry missus looking for a explanation on what they just read on the internet!

November

Fixtures
View attachment 68498
Three games and 14 goals but it came at a cost as we lost striker Geraci for a few weeks where he looks set to miss big games in December after missing matches in November

Scottish Premier Table
View attachment 68497
Looks like a clear gap from 1st to 2nd to 3rd with a little splitting 4th to 9th.

Champions League
View attachment 68496
Two game and two massive wins. First we thrashed Milan making up for that last minute draw in the San Siro. Then Dortmunds downfall continued with there 5th defeat in a row and by 5 goals if that number wasnt hurting them enough,

All this means although it dosent say it we are amazingly into the last 16 as we have the head to head advantage over AC Milan so even if we loose to PSG in Paris we'll still go into the last 16, A draw will lock down top spot.

Last edited:

December

An unthinkable headline from Pittodrie

View attachment 68375

Fixtures
View attachment 68373
Our worst month of the season by a long way! We started with a 90th minute goal to beat hearts before drawing with Rangers at Ibrox for our 2nd dropped points of the season. Little did we know that after a easy win at Killie we would be dropping points again away to Dundee Utd before the ultimate disappointment of our first domestic defeat of the season when a full strength Celtic team similar to that that beat AC Milan 4-1 and Dortmund 5-0 lost at Dens park. We went into the winter break with a upturn of form beating a manager less Aberdeen with ease before an 11 goal thriller with Hibs

Scottish Premier Table
View attachment 68374
Rangers failed to take advantage of our struggles but move clear in 2nd as Aberdeen drop out of the top 6. Jobs there but i planned on being at Aberdeen much later on and cant see me landing a job in Milan, Madrid or Tottenham from Pittodrie.

Champions League
View attachment 68372
We were smashed but did enough to get through in 2nd before this match but AC Milan assured of 3rd place before Dortmund got there first points in the last round of games

Last 16 Draw
Celtic vs Atletico Madrid
View attachment 68371
There was no such thing as a easy game but i guess Atletico would be about 6th in the list of seeded teams.

January

We return from our winter break refreshed and we almost went through the month with 5 clean sheets till Louis Moult shows up

Fixtures
View attachment 68315
Falkirk played host to Babacar's final league goals for Celtic as the board sold him to Atletico Madrid for only £13m i am insulted. Lucky we managed to sign a striker on a pre contract deal then grab him for pennies

Scottish Premier Table
View attachment 68314
We extend our lead and a resurgent Aberdeen are now chasing Rangers for 2nd place

Managers
View attachment 68313
3 new managers take the reigns

Transfer Window

Celtic
View attachment 68310

In

Willem Geubbels - AT
View attachment 68312
He was the best young player interested in joining us in the summer and it was made even better when all we had to stump up to get him now was £3.6m

Niklas Sule - DC
View attachment 68311
The biggest signing in the clubs and nations history as we fork out £23m for a defender that didnt play a game for Chelsea all season.

Out
6 Players are shown the door with 5 of them combining for 11 appearances. Babacar as i've mentioned already was beyond my means and was to late to spend again which ****** me off no ends. Other back up players we sold to push through the Sule deal were Griffiths, the other Berisha brother, Bitton and Greg Cunningham. Only one of these guys were under 30 and combined for over £200k in wages so our wage budget is now saving about £130k a week. That could help the summer pot

World Transfers
View attachment 68309
£132m for an AML that's scored 6 goals in 5 years. PSG are idiots!

February

Fixtures
View attachment 68284
Much Like January we were so close to perfection in Scotland but Hearts Matt Crooks 87th minute consolation would be the only goal we conceded all month. The trashing of Peterhead with Richter scoring 6 times was clearly a highlight but you cant get better than beating Rangers 4-0 and leaving there boss Alex Neil to go into a meltdown.

Scottish Premier Table
View attachment 68283
We go more than 20 points clear at the top and all the interest goes down to the battle for 3rd, and the race fr top 6 with anyone down to 8th have a great chance of creeping in. At the bottom Kilmarnock look certain to occupy once of the bottom two spots and St Johnstone are not looking much better

Champions League

Last 16

1st Leg
Celtic 4-0 Atletico
View attachment 68282
This was one of those magic Parkhead nights but on steroids. Roma center back Duarte scored a rare header from our first corner only 7 minutes in and with a 1/4 of the game gone we were 2-0 up thanks to a Stuart Armstrong penalty. Armstrong would get a 2nd near the end after we had gone more counter attacking and Juve striker Forzato's final strike had us in dream land. Can we play 11 defenders in the 2nd leg.

2nd Leg
Atletico 1-0 Celtic
Celtic win 4-1 on agg
View attachment 68281
The result on the night didnt matter at all. We went as defensive as we legally could in the hope of just not letting the Spanish side score and it worked, well it worked well enough for us to progress which in itself is amazing.

Results
View attachment 68280
Safe to say we were the biggest shock or maybe not at Zenit take out Bayern. We are clearly the weakest two teams left! There was plenty good teams exiting the competition. Barcelona knockout PSG who look to have spent £201m to win the French league! Real Madrid will also have to look towards domestic bliss after Man Utd did a number on them beating them 2-0 in Madrid.

Quarter Final Draw
Celtic vs Man Utd
View attachment 68279
Oh dear god no! United have been in the last 3 finals and will be as tough a game as we could have got

March

An international break and no Champions League Quarter finals till April makes March a very boring month

Fixtures
View attachment 68227
We first beat Kilmarnock in the Scottish cup to set up a Semi Final against Rangers. Back in the league we thrashed Dundee United again, only 7 goals this time and went into the break with a second trip to Killie to get our second win against them.

Scottish Premier Table
View attachment 68226
Title can be won next time out against Aberdeen

Any decent Scottish regens? A few in my save

April

A terrible two weeks with our Champions League games with Man Utd seen us fail to win 4 games including a 2nd SPL defeat of the season

We did manage to supply the clubs youngest ever scorer in this time however.
View attachment 67961

Champions League Quarter Final

1st Leg
Celtic 1-3 Man Utd
View attachment 67960
Our home form was what got us this far in Europe but we were outclassed today. Man Utd took the lead after 3 minutes and 10 minutes later we had both scored another goal each. The scoring ended with Lukaku's second after 24 minutes where we were beat and had to save face and we find ourselves needing 3 away goals at least to reach the final 4

2nd Leg
Man Utd 2-2 Celtic
View attachment 67959
We put up a brave fight after falling behind through Gelson Martins but goals either side of half time from our on loan Juventus forwards had us 1 goal away from pulling level. The dream was ended on the 72nd minute with my former Aston Villa striker Nahuel Leiva scoring what USA Soccer guy would call a death shot and despite United dropping down to 10 men after there 2nd we had no more to give and our European dream was over.

View attachment 67955

Fixtures
View attachment 67958
After the Champions elimination and the league tied up i didnt see the point in updating you till the end of the season. There was a goalless draw at home to Falkirk followed by a defeat at Hibs where we led twice but were destroyed by Bamba who would play his last Celtic game after his red card Hibs scored in the 87th and 95th minute to send our back up team to a second defeat of the season.
The undisputed game of the months was the Scottish Cup Semi finals with Rangers right after going out of the champions league neither side could find a goal in 90 minutes but two minutes into extra time Geraci put us ahead and one foot in the final Ranger got right back into the game on the 108th minute to force penaltys which we won 4-1 to reach the final against Hearts

Final Scottish Premier Table
View attachment 67957
With a total of 133 goals and a +107 goal difference and a points total of 100 points Celtic take the title. 30 points back were Rangers wh were 10 points clear of Hibs who won the race for 3rd ahead of Aberdeen, Hearts & Motherwell following up. At the bottom Killie have long been destined for bottom spot but there was a great battle to avoid the drop with Inverness ending up in the playoffs but fear not whatever happens there will be a highland influence in the SPL next season as they play Ross County in the playoff

SPL Manager changes
View attachment 67956
Aberdeen and Hearts had to make changes to reach the top 6. Jim Duffy my goodness there's a name from 1999, but he couldnt save Killie. Claude Makelele survived this season but "must do better" is what his report card says

Scottish Cup Final 2022

View attachment 67922

Hearts vs Celtic

View attachment 67921 View attachment 1145577

Hearts who thrashed Hibs in the Edinburgh derby in there Semi had a far tougher side of the draw with Rangers the only side in the top half of the league in our half.

View attachment 67919

Hearts 1-6 Celtic
View attachment 67920
Well i guess we havent had a match that mattered in almost a month so i was worried what Celtic side would show up here but a 3-0 lead at half time was enough to give us half a hour to get the treble signs up.

Season 6 Review 2022/23

SPL Play-Off Final
Ross County 2-1 Inverness CT on AGG
View attachment 67876
The highland league sides swap league's next time out

SPL Player of the year
Michelagelo Geraci
View attachment 67875
The start of Geraci's clean sweep of the awards

SPL Young Player of the year
Michelagelo Geraci
View attachment 67874

SPL Top Scorer
Michelagelo Geraci - 27
View attachment 67873
27 goals is the highest a player has scoredi n the SPL, Babacar actually equaled the previous best of 22 in an amazing 17 game run.

Team of the Year
View attachment 67872
2 CELTIC PLAYERS!!! What league were they watching?

World review
View attachment 67871
We'll start with my previous team Juventus led by top scorer Dell'Aquila with 20 and runner up Belotti with 19 holding off Napoli in a tight title battle, Lazio & Roma are back and in Europe, Inter finished 11th and my eyes are on there manager Herrlich a great signing in Premier Manager 97 or 98, getting sacked and other moves causing a opening to occur
In England Man Utd retain the title well ahead of the only other team to win the title in this save Chelsea. Arsenal hold of Pep's Aston Villa for the final Champions league spot by 8 goals. Everton are now officially a yoyo team with there 3rd change of division in 4 years.
Spain had the best title race by a mile. Imagine getting 95 points and finishing 3rd. Thats Atletico. I'll tell you whats worse! Barcelona and Real Madrid finished tied on 99 points. Real had a far better goal difference but Barcelona take the title based on having scored 1 more goal in there 2 league games against each other!

Champions League
Man Utd 1-0 Man City
View attachment 67870
The United dynasty continue's with there 4th final in a row and there 2nd title in the save and 5th in total after beating the inexperienced Man City in there first final.

Europa League
Tottenham 2-0 Udinese
View attachment 67869
Spurs waltzed through the competition and secured a 5th spot in the Champions League for English teams this season.

Celtic Squad

There's no doubt that the loan players made a impact but Geraci must have earned a spot in the Juventus squad next season after grabbing almost a goal a game with us this season. Richter's strike rate was almost as good and he and Geubbels will lead the team next season. Gutierrez was a inspired signing by the previous regime and Quiros & Coll look like the teams wing back for the next decade while at the back Joosten may be the clubs top defender despite the presence of Sviatchenko and £23m man Sule

Vidal to retire
View attachment 67868
One man that wont be back next season is Arturo Vidal who had 1 year left on his contract but im quite glad he's stepping away as he was 4th choice at best as the season came to a end

Celtic Fans player awards
Michelangelo Geraci
View attachment 67867
A one season wonder but the top 3 were all new signings in the summer.

Season 7 - Celtic

After the treble im in a very familiar situation of having the Champions League to really focus on the rest is just going through the motions, Until a job comes up.

Pre Season 2023/4
View attachment 67832
We had tough games against Man City, Dortmund and Lyon but we won every game.

Pre Season Prices
View attachment 67831
No real shocks in the top 5. The two promoted teams with Dundee Utd are favorites to go down.

Celtic Squad
View attachment 67830
Teenagers Mangiarotti, Morales & recent teen Coll are the only 3* players. 4* players dominate the midfield while we hald a galaxy of 3.5* players waiting to evolve.

Celtic Transfers
View attachment 67829
A far quieter summer. Rashford at 25 & Cuisance 23 are the only players out of there 20s

IN

Nahuel Morales - ATT
View attachment 67828
Had a real conflict of dilema when going for a striker with only 13 for finishing but his other stats sold me

Emanuel Matheu - DC
View attachment 67827
Hold on for £6m i can get a player with 3 Argentina caps!!! Sign me up. Should go right into the starting 11

Mickael Cuisance - MC
View attachment 67826
Without a doubt in my mind this is the best player to grace Parkhead since Henrik Larsson! Only 1 summer ago the closest i could get to this quality of player was a 35 year old Vidal. Now Celtic have another 3 cap wonder, and we know how amazing that French team is in FM18

Marcus Rashford joins me on loan, just like season 3 at Aston Villa. Youngsters David Mackay & Prodanovic join with limited 1st team action now but buys for future Celtic managers
View attachment 67825View attachment 67824View attachment 67823

Out
Three major players from last season are moved on. 1st out was Fran Tudor who i had earmarked to sell in the summer but before i ever got that far Watford came in for him and we some how got £14m for a player that was going to be at best 2nd choice this season. Next up is long time midfielder Stuart Armstrong. Relegated to 3rd choice last season and away to fall behind Cuisance in the depth chart his demand to move at 30 was more than reasonable and the money we got for him pushed through the Matheu and Rashford deals. Our final sale was a bit of a risk. Luke McGee had to play the second half of last season with Mangiarotti's injury so i hope his long term injury has not put him back in development and he is ready to be No 1 and does not get injured again!

SPL Transfers
View attachment 67822
Only Celtic spent over £1m on a player, Except Dundee Utd who bought a Celtic youth player. Rangers did sign a pile of players on a free including a former RB of mine Mattia De Sciglio, Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts follow a similar model with less spending, Hearts aside

World Transfers
View attachment 67821
Ousmane Dembele's total transfer fee's now hit £351m as he join Man Citys squad of talent with the other English teams spending a reasonable amount with no other massive deals.

View attachment 67820

Older players will remember Shearer coming home to break the world transfer record at £15m, almost 10 times that fee was needed for Mbappe but look at the plus side. Monaco made a £23m profit off him and get him back for his best years. Juve sell 1/2 of the 6 man strikerforce i put together for £140m with a return of £203m while keeping 3 players, Real Madrid who had a +72 goal difference bought two of those strikers. Sneaking in down the page is Gian Donnarumma joining Man City for £42.5m and he is probably the best keeper in the world at this stage. Former Villa loan stars Theo Hernandez & Munir move clubs for a combined fee of £100m