Stone Cold Steve Journeyman. Revisiting all my former clubs

Not sure if it's just me but Pep seems doomed to fail in this year FM. He never do a great job. In my save, he was sacked at City after few months, did decent at Benfica but sacked again when he went to Liverpool. He didn;t last even a year there. Now he is almost a year without club.

Any chance you could show some screens of the current Fiorentina squad and their transfers etc? Am interested to see who they managed to sign and let go etc.

Once January's out the way i'll get that done

Not sure if it's just me but Pep seems doomed to fail in this year FM. He never do a great job. In my save, he was sacked at City after few months, did decent at Benfica but sacked again when he went to Liverpool. He didn;t last even a year there. Now he is almost a year without club.

Good!

November

Our season has its first blip with a draw at Ibrox and defeat in Genoa

Fixtures
View attachment 70353
It all started well with a draw away to title challengers Fiorentina after going down to 10 men with half a hour to play. Sampdoria were then swept aside with doubles from Erbetta & Higuain but all turned sour in our last match of the month in Genoa where a Pol Lirola red card just before half time led to two second half goals and another disappointing defeat.

Serie A Table
View attachment 70352
Despite a few set back we are two points clear at the top with +20 goal difference over the next best after only 13 games. We do need to look into our away tactics as we've now only won 3 of our 9 away games in all competitions

Europa League
View attachment 70351
Rangers twice saved there chances of winning the group and it's a ****** Italian Lucas Boye who first struck a 95th minute winner against Young Boys and then two weeks later his goal earned the draw against ourselves

December

It this our breakthrough month in Turin? EVERYTHING goes right

Aston Villa disgust me by appointing a new manager. Aberdeen also looking for a new boss as Neil Lennons is gone after less than 6 months.
View attachment 70104

Riccardo Dell'Aquilla - European Golden boy
View attachment 70105

Fixtures
View attachment 70103
9 wins from 9 games, here we'll focus on League and Cup. Coming off a dodgy patch we sneak past Bologna with the unlikely match winner in Jose Gaya, then we went nuts. Away to Chievo we had 5 different scorers, only 1 over 23. 1st played 2nd in the Derby d'Italia and with 4 goals from golden boy Aquilla and another 4 seen us utterly destroy our closest rivals. Fresh from that we had three 4-0 wins in a row, Empoli and Torino was solid results i was delighted with of course but the real stand out result was a trip to the San Siro where 4 of our star players Sandro, Aquila, Bentancur and the seasons breakthrough player Erbetta. We got to face them again in the Italian Cup and despite them putting up a bit more fight but eventually we won out and went into the winter break with one more thrashing of Parma.

Serie A Table
View attachment 70102
Our goal scoring bonanza see us go 7 points clear at the top and look at that goal difference! Della Aquilla is leading all the main stats. Nice loan deal Pep!

Europa League
View attachment 70101
It wasnt pretty but we thrashed Plzen to secure top spot.

Last 32 Draw
PAOK vs Juventus
View attachment 70100
Happy with that draw. Teams to watch out for would be Valencia, Sevilla, AC Milan and Arsenal

January

Our winning run end at Lazio but i was glad to get a result after going down to 10 men.

We spend big once again but make over £40m of savings based on a bid i made and had accepted in July

Aberdeen have a 3rd manager in 7 months and this one has a lot of history behind it. The son of Sir Alex has come home

View attachment 70031

Fixtures
View attachment 70030
We came back from the Winter break with a win over feeder team Sassuolo with goals from our two stand out players Sandro & Higuain, who followed up that goal with a hattrick away to Empoli. No goals from the Argentine against Atalanta but we still scored another 4 goals to win comfortably. Lazio was where our 9 game winning run came to an end. Everything was against us from Felipe Anderson opening the scoring in the first minute to Mattia De Sciglio's red card with half a hour to go. It was only a Aquila strike that managed to get us a point.

Serie A Table
View attachment 70028
Juve's lead at the top stands at 8 points so there is no talk of the title as the year begins. Inter, AC Milan and Napoli are all in range to challenge us if we slip up.

Transfers
View attachment 70026
Man Utd spent a crazy amount of cash on two of the top 3 window signings. Werner was the man in the middle finally moving on from Leipzig to join Real Madrid. Quite a few big names move on like Inaki Williams returning to Bilbao for £7m less than Atletico Madrid bought him for only 6 months ago!

Juventus
Andrea Belotti - Att £36m
View attachment 70025
You may recall that last season i had a offer accepted for Belotti but he didnt want to talk to a team out of the Champions League. Well fast forward 6 months and in my news feed popped a message that Liverpool had a £36m offer for Belotti accepted. I had just sold Ruben Dias to Arsenal for £21m and that cash would come in handy for this transfer. WE were far from desperate for him with our depth up front but there was no way i was letting the best Italian striker slip through my hands for such a bargain price.

February

Belotti made a goal scoring return to Italian football for the first time in 4 years. He would score 4 in his 2nd game.
View attachment 69925

We break the Serie A scoring record in early February
View attachment 69924

Fixtures
View attachment 69923
4 wins in the League and we take a huge lead to the 2nd leg of the Italian Cup Semi final

Serie A Table
View attachment 69922
Inter keep up the chase 11 points back but that gap makes me comfortable with resting players in league games.

Managers
View attachment 69921
Napoli hire Paris to Dakar rally driver and part time football manager Andre Villas Boas while both Rome teams change there managers after terrible seasons.

Europa League

Last 32

1st Leg
PAOK 0-8 Juventus
View attachment 69920
We're used to thrashing Italys finest like this so i guess putting 8 past the greek side should not be a huge surprise

Juventus 4-2 PAOK
Juventus win 12-2 on Agg
View attachment 69919
The youth & Back up players come up strong to get us another win and easy progress to the last 16

Last 16 Draw
Juventus vs Aston Villa
View attachment 69918
The ultimate revenge game Pep has got Villa winning again all be it there only 11th in the table. They thrashed Valencia in the last round so this wont be a walk over.

Two Scottish teams also get through to the last 16 and draw premiership teams.

Smashing some sort of goals in mate!

Lets see how many you can put past Villa

How is Pietro Pellegri and Felice D'Amico looking?

Oh and Orsolini lol

Might as well show Donnarumma too.

Think that's all the Italians I have lol

Last edited:

March

We loose our best player for the rest of the season as Sandro is out
View attachment 69616

Fixtures
View attachment 69615
We won all 3 games and despite loosing in the Cup we won in Extra time to secure a final place against Inter. After thrilling Semi Final we won with ease in the League with teenage strikers Erbetta & Santamaria scoring the goals. With Aston Villa games either side of the Spal match we played a back up team but still won at a canter and ended the month with our toughest match against Fiorentina but a 80th minute strike from Belotti gave us the 3 points on the day.

Serie A Table
View attachment 69614
Inter have a disastrous month all but handing us the title. Top 4 should be set but in what order they end in is anyone's guess.

Europa League Last 16

1st Leg
Juventus 4-1 Aston Villa
View attachment 69613
We saw right through Pep's mind games and despite a scare with my old hero Batshuayi pulling one back in the first half but we were just far too good with the 4 strikers we played all scoring

2nd Leg
Aston Villa 0-0 Juventus
Juve win 4-1 on agg
View attachment 69612
It was all settled in the 1s leg so we played a very reserved formation to make sure we didnt concede and there was no stopping our run to the Quarters.

No shocks at all. Both Scottish teams are out. Milan join us in the last 8
View attachment 69611

Quarter Final Draw
View attachment 69610
A tough draw but not the worst and im happy we avoid Arenal and Milan

April

After finishing a distant 4th last year we wrap up the Serie A title with 4 games to play

Fixtures
View attachment 69605
We started off with a back up heavy team beating Sampdoria 3-0 with all 3 goals coming in the final 10 minutes, Genoa was also far from a walkover where we fought from behind and played 40 minutes with 10 men, just holding out for a win. After two strokes of luck we were due a defeat and that came at relegation threatened Bologna in our first chance to wrap up the title. Thankfully with team full fo kids we managed to secure the title at the 2nd attempt at home to Chievo. Kids from now on in the league as long as were in europe

Serie A Table
View attachment 69604
Title is in the bag and it looks like the top 4 is set. A great battle for the Europa League places

Europa League

Quarter Finals

1st leg
Monchengladbach 3-5 Juventus
View attachment 69603
This was a utter thriller of a game. The result looks good but half a hour in it was much better as we had gone 3-0 ahead after 30 minutes, Thats when the Germans started there fightback and by half time it was 3-2. Neuhaus completed the comeback to make it 3-3. Thankfully for us we regrouped and pulled 2 late goals out the bag to have a solid lead for the 2nd leg

2nd leg
Juventus 5-0 Monchengladbach
Juventus win 10-3 agg
View attachment 69602
No issues this time round as we thumped the German side to waltz into the semi finals

Results
View attachment 69601
Krasnodar's amazing run takes them into the final 4 and AC Milan let Italy down loosing to Watford as they fail to score in either leg

Semi Final Draw
Arsenal vs Juventus
View attachment 69600
The two top sides are drawn together. Surely the winner of this gets the trophy

May

Fixtures
View attachment 69572
We round out the season with great results from the youth players.

Serie A Table
View attachment 69571
An amazing season see us finish 1 point short of the 100. Inter overcome a thrashing to us to take 2nd. Fiorentina, Udinese and Torino are heading to the Europa League. An amazing 35 goal haul from Dell'Aquila and the top 3 players were all from Juventus

Europa League

1st Leg
Arsenal 4-2 Juventus
View attachment 69570
After going toe to toe with the gooners this match quickly ran away from us in the last half hour with Arsenal scoring 3 goals in the 15 minutes, one a own goal from Rugani and then a Cavani penalty had Arsenal 4-1 ahead. Riccardo Dell'Aquila hit a 93rd minute goal a rare time i actually celebrated a goal while sitting here on the sofa as it gives us life!

2nd Leg
Juventus 5-0 Arsenal
Juventus win 7-4 on agg
View attachment 69569
We needed our best performance of the season and back on home turf we did just that
4 goals in the first half had us all but there so we closed up shop to keep a clean sheet and try and get the second half out of the way as quick and painlessly as possible.

Watford won the didi semi finals and will join us in Germany for the final

Italian Cup Final 2022

View attachment 69375

Juventus vs Inter Milan
View attachment 69374 View attachment 69373
A D'Italia derby for the final game of the Italian season between the nations top 2 teams

Juventus 6-2 Inter Milan
View attachment 69372
The Italian double is complete and in some style! Inter had managed to pull the game level for about 13 minutes before Juve took total control of the game going on to set a record for goals in an Italian Cup season, 6 more than the previous best

Good luck in the Euro cup final, sure it will be another trophy to add to your collection

Europa League Final 2022

View attachment 69350

Juventus vs Watford
View attachment 69349 View attachment 69348

Juventus 3-0 Watford
View attachment 69346
This was not as easy as the score makes it look. I admit after the event that we underestimated the smaller London team after beating Arsenal so easily. We 1st needed to pull of a rousing team talk following a goalless 1st half we got a penalty that was tucked away by Dell'Aquila of course. Watford's second gift was a O'G from Josh Brenet. As they say good things happen in three's and a second penalty that this time was put away by D'Amico to settle the tie. Hopefully this can act like the 1993 Europa League win that set Juventus onto a dynasty where they were in the Champions league or UEFA Cup final in 5 seasons out of 6

View attachment 69345

A weakend version of the treble but non the less we win the 3 major trophys we were after.

Last edited:

Season 5 Review 2021/22

Serie A Review
View attachment 69335
An amazing season see us finish 1 point short of the 100. Inter overcome a thrashing to us to take 2nd. Fiorentina, Udinese and Torino are heading to the Europa League. An amazing 35 goal haul from Dell'Aquila and the top 3 players were all from Juventus. Lazio spent most of the season flirting with relegation but in the end stumbled clear to send Chievo & Bologna own with basement dwellers Spal.

Managers
View attachment 69334
All the activity stopped in February for an unexpected 3 months of peace in the manger market

Serie A Player of the year
Riccardo Dell'Aquila
View attachment 69333
Was there any doubt

Serie A Top Scorer
Riccardo Dell'Aquila
View attachment 69332

Team of the year
View attachment 69331
7 Juventus players but only 1 forward which amazed me.

World review

Man Utd had a season as dominating as we did over in England 14 points clear of Man City. Chelsea & Arsenal beat Liverpool to the top 4 and there manager Paulo Fonseca walked out. Villa finished down in 11th
Real Madrid retain the La Liga title 3 points clear of Barcelona and Atletico out of the hunt
Celtic win the league at a canter and it would look quite normal except Falkirk finishing in 2nd spot.

Champions League
Chelsea 1-0 Man Utd
View attachment 69330
Man Utd's 3rd final in 3 years and there 2nd defeat

Juventus Squad
View attachment 69329
What a different a season makes. Stars of the season were new forwards Dell'Aquilla & Antonio Erbetter took over from Higuain who will be 4th on the depth chart next season behind new man Belotti. Pol Lirola on the wing was spectacular while in his 1st season at the Sanches looks like the man from Euro 2016. Sandro needs to get his act together and stay fit next year if he stays as Gaya has done more than enough to earn a starting roll on his own.

Juventus Fans player awards
Riccardo Dell'Aquila

View attachment 69331

How is Pietro Pellegri and Felice D'Amico looking?

MINCE! Not really. That was more about nostalgia

Felice D'Amico
View attachment 69269

Spoiler alert
He's been amazing off the bench for us! Would have been our no1 midfielder next season without doubt but £100m is more use to Juventus long term. Was the star of the world cup and regretting selling him to the scum

Pietro Pellegri
View attachment 69267
Far from the Pellegri in your save. Last season 2021/22 was the first time he got double digit league goals and over 20 in total. Not in the Italy world cup squad

Season 6 - Celtic!!!!

Donald quits Juventus
View attachment 69124

After only 18 months in Italy and having already built a team good enough to challenge for the Champions League next season i once again walk away from a team primed to challenge for Europe's greatest prize. The reason? Portugal hired Watford manager Marco Silva. Watford in turn hired James Blair who had been manager of CELTIC I knew from past experience the size of my contract would mean Celtic would not look at me so i had to quit Juventus to get back to Scotland for the first time in 2018

View attachment 69123

Along the way Slovakia & Turkey offered me there international hot seats but i turn them both down to to time and not being part of the great plan.

Celtic are one of my top 5 teams to manage on FM. My most recent save was in Fm14 in my saving Scotland save

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ager-stories/157879-saving-scottish-game.html

Celtic is also the home of my all time favorite save when in CM01/02 i had a team led by Henrik Larsson and Hernan Crespo led them to the Champions League semi final. I corrupted a entire summer's work however when we were rushing to go to the hospital for some reason and my mum turned off the PC, Personal Computer for you kids out there. while the game was saving and it died there and then. Was one of those saves where you felt like you were one small step away from greatness.

Celtic so far
Not all glory and thunder as you would expect. There 10 in a row dreams were knocked on the head in 2018/19 when they some how let Rangers win the league. Only 3 Scottish cup wins and finals in the 5 seasons and even more amazingly they only won there first league cup last season for there only treble in 5 seasons. Thats pretty much the minimum i'd expect to achieve. Despite these relative struggle's they never sacked either Brendan Rodgers or Blair
In Europe its been not to bad actually. Europa League last 16, last 32 three times and making the champions league group phase in 4 of the 5 seasons. No pressure must reach the CL group!

The Job comes very late in the day as the season has already kicked off with Celtic under caretaker stewardship beat Motherwell 2-1. A wins a win but they were against 10 men for 83 minutes.

We will have to get through the minefield of August trying to make it into the Champions league while learning new tactics and rebuilding the squad

Celtic Squad
View attachment 69122
View attachment 69121

Quite happy with the starting 11. Nice to be in a position where any purchase will have to be a upgrade on the current best 11 with no clear need required. The bench is so/so. The Berisha brothers will be big for us. Griffiths now in his 30s is down the pecking order and will be open to decent bids. I had Lundemo at Aberdeen in last seasons save he's a serviceable player. The big battle for position will be at right back on the bench our own William English, from N Ireland and the more talented better prospect Marvin Volkers who is on loan but has no long term value for the club but both need to overcome Croatian international Fran Tudor is is not the most talented but is rated as our best. No stand out talent in the u20s. We do have £15m in the bank to spend plus whatever i can get in from cashing in on unwanted talent.

World Cup 2022

Hosts Australia were the only non European team in the Quarter Finals
View attachment 69120

Final
Germany 1-3 Italy
All 3 Italy goals come from former players of mine
View attachment 69119

World Transfers

I end my time at Juventus making the biggest deal of the summer selling D'Amico to Man City for £97m which would have paid our overspend for the next 2 seasons without hurting the squad too much. Not my problem now however. Man Utd spend over £120 on two midfielders ahead of Chelsea in the big spenders list

View attachment 69118

Skip down to the 4th line and we're living in a world where Origi is worth £72m! Man City taking there net spend to £172m with Bayern quickly moving on from World Cup star player Federico Bernardeschi making a £13m profit on what they paid Juventus last term. Tin Jedvaj is a strange player making the big money move to China

View attachment 69117