Stone Cold Steve Journeyman. Revisiting all my former clubs

Tricky start but hopefully things are turning around now, btw think you left Rangers off the list of teams you've managed though - deliberately? :p

Difficult start old friend..... you may not remember me from FM14 (LOL) i did a save and story with Cadiz in Spain

Save looks good, like the story layout

Tricky start but hopefully things are turning around now, btw think you left Rangers off the list of teams you've managed though - deliberately? :p

Drat i knew someone would notice. I am not going back there under any circumstance, unless i did another saving Scotland save then i might if forced

Difficult start old friend..... you may not remember me from FM14 (LOL) i did a save and story with Cadiz in Spain

Save looks good, like the story layout

Yes! was saying to Patrick it was had to spot anyone from before fm16 these days. You still playing?

December

The month begins with a defeat at Leeds and a ultimatum from the board
View attachment 77604

Newcastle ended our League cup run, well actually i'm saying Neil Taylors red card after 9 minutes ended our cup run, We were dominated from that point on wards

View attachment 77603

Fixtures
View attachment 77602
The Middlesbrough collapse ruins our hopes of 5 job saving wins in a row

Championship Table
View attachment 77601
Despite all our success in December were still 2 points off a playoff spot, but the gap to the top 2 is only 7 points meaning if we can keep up this form in the second half of the season we'll be in the promotion race.

How is Josh Onomah (on loan from Spurs) doing for you?

Useless! he's hardly played due to our depth at MC and went back to Spurs at the start of January after 6 appearances, mostly from the bench. Might turn out good but wrong place at the wrong time

Yeah man im still playing, didnt get fm17 but on fm16 still until i buy fm18 next month

Useless! he's hardly played due to our depth at MC and went back to Spurs at the start of January after 6 appearances, mostly from the bench. Might turn out good but wrong place at the wrong time

That's unlucky. In my Spur's save (I'm still on my first season - Christmas time) he hasn't done much on loan with the AI. I think he's played 8 games out of a possible 18... 1 goal and 1 assist. Not sure I'll keep him when he returns unless he improves big time.

Anyway keep up the good work.

That's unlucky. In my Spur's save (I'm still on my first season - Christmas time) he hasn't done much on loan with the AI. I think he's played 8 games out of a possible 18... 1 goal and 1 assist. Not sure I'll keep him when he returns unless he improves big time.

Anyway keep up the good work.

Might be worth another season on loan if Villa does not play him enough?

January

Very busy and profitable month at Villa

We were trounced by Arsenal in the FA Cup although we did play a totally back up and youth team with all my focus being on the league
View attachment 77517

Fixtures
View attachment 77516
We start 2018 with a nose dive in form loosing to Bristol City and Nottm Forest before almost blowing a 3 goal lead against Barnsley then beating a fellow top 6 chasing side Sheffield United

Championship Table
View attachment 77514
Despite starting with two defeats we still manage to end the month in the top 6, tied with 4 teams on 46 points. We'll need a charge soon if we're to reach the top 2 but we all know i'd take a shot at top 6 afte rour start.

Transfer Window
View attachment 77513
7 players join as 9 leave.

Brad Smith - DL
View attachment 77511
Transfer listed by Bournemouth and a big upgrade on Neil Taylor and one that is ready for Premiership football already

Carel Eiting - MC
View attachment 77510
An Ajax prospect that was interested it us! I think its earlier than i would like to have him but with nobody interested in joining i felt i had to add him now and spend some of our income

In loans from Liverpool & AC Milan
View attachment 77509View attachment 77508View attachment 77507

Two of Scotlands most promising youngster join, We aim to make a profit off them in the next year or so.
View attachment 77506View attachment 77505

Out
I'll try and keep this short! Scott Hogan was a money grab. Long term he was never going to be our lead striker at this level so £14m for him was a no brainer. Jan Kirchhoff fell down the rankings quickly and with teams interested i offered him out at £6m and laughed at the £5m Stoke paid him. Mile Jedinak, Albert Adomah and a returning Ross McCormack were on huge wages for players that were back up at best so again no problem moving them on for the long term good of the club.

Yesssss hope Cutrone will bang some in!

Some great business done there mate (on paper haha)

February

We came so close to a undefeated month until we lost a very poor match to Sheffield Weds. We had the first 7 shots on goal but they scored with the 8th and just as we were looking like going on to score a winner Trent Arnold broke his ankle and with 10 men we lost it all

Fixtures
View attachment 77446
Wednesday aside we had a really good month. Only Fulham who are clear in 3rd held us to a draw at home as the new players settled into the team. Loosing Arnold will be a big blow as our own players a quite a drop off.

Championship Table
Despite having a decent run top 2 is now 10 points away and its looking like play-off or bust. Were in by 6 points, effectively 7 with our goal difference so a good March will secure our top 6 finish and maybe offer a ounce of hope for top 2.

Youth intake
View attachment 77445
One of the worst intakes i've seen. We only have 1 decent player and he's a winger, we dont play attacking wingers!

Yesssss hope Cutrone will bang some in!

Some great business done there mate (on paper haha)

I hoe he can at least keep up with Kodjia in goal scoring with Ben Woodburn making the chances for the two of them

March

Villa reward me, perhaps a bit to quickly with a new contract. I took a £10k drop in wages to extend the deal from 2 years to 4. You can not put a price on job security.

View attachment 77349

Fixtures
View attachment 77348
As i said the reward was not based on this months form especially the defeat to Bolton. Loosing late points to QPR and Sunderland dont hold up to the thrashing we put on leaders Hull

Championship Table
View attachment 77347
The top 4 sides all had a very poor March. Norwich were the biggest winners flying up to 3rd place. Despite our dodgy form we actually close the gap on the top 2 however 7th place derby get closer so boom and bust.

Going to be tight for the playoffs between 7 or 8 teams by the looks of it... Hopefully you can string together 3 or 4 wins and secure a playoff spot with a couple of games left. Good luck mate!

Going to be tight for the playoffs between 7 or 8 teams by the looks of it... Hopefully you can string together 3 or 4 wins and secure a playoff spot with a couple of games left. Good luck mate!

we're only 6pts away from the Automatic spots. We're aiming big here at Villa

April

Squad memo
This months mission, Do everything we can to avoid promotion

Fixtures
View attachment 77262
Three draws in a row after a defeat with a win to start and end the month but trash in the middle

Championship Table
View attachment 77263
Going into the final day we're all about 5th place. A win at Millwall will get us 5th but if we fail Middlesbrough is tied on points and Sheffield Wednesday 1 point back but our goal difference also plays in our favor

"thrashing of hull" 3-1?

you are doing a trumendouse job as the villa squad is nowere near beeing suited for any tactic and it wil ltake time to perfection it, but when i think trashing i think win by 4-5-6 goals :p

love r eading this perfectly presented and all btw <3

i suggest you hunt down Gersbach from norwegian champions Rosenborg as he is better than Smith and a tonn cheaper :D

"thrashing of hull" 3-1?

you are doing a trumendouse job as the villa squad is nowere near beeing suited for any tactic and it wil ltake time to perfection it, but when i think trashing i think win by 4-5-6 goals :p

love r eading this perfectly presented and all btw <3

i suggest you hunt down Gersbach from norwegian champions Rosenborg as he is better than Smith and a tonn cheaper :D

The result reads 3-1 but we hammered them. If it was my team loosing like that i'd be reporting 11 cases of GBH

Will have too look at Gersbach but a bit late now that Smith and a decent u18 is in play

Lets hope its not play off heart ache. always nice to end the season with a trophy and I'd count that big shiny playoff cup as a trophy!

you have a massive +GD compared to those teams around you - how you stuck in 5th? just unlucky I guess with draws