Stone Cold Steve Journeyman. Revisiting all my former clubs

Some good recruiting on the loan deals, i love it when regens start making there way into the first team, will they or will they not make as a first team player?

It is heartbreaking though when you stack a youth team then you let one leave and he turns out to be really good!

August

We make a utterly stonking start with 4 wins from 4 league games to go with 2 wins in the Carabao cup.

Three games were close but a much more encouraging start

Fixtures
View attachment 76236

Championship Table
View attachment 76235
Were top by ourselves as the last perfect team, Non of the relegated teams in the top half and at the bottom are Sheffield United who led last season.

World Summer Transfers

View attachment 76234
View attachment 76233View attachment 76232

Dybala starts the latest summer of spend at Old Trafford with a couple of English players moving up to top 4 teams.
Mbappe & Keita complete there moves after a year waiting. Laporte and Volland are big moves long term, Tottenham grab Dries Mertens for a bargain which is not what you can say for Steven N'Zonzi moving to Real Madrid
Icardi finally comes to the Premiership while Firmino moves to Napoli with Man Utd and Liverpool making one last big move, David Silva makes the most surprising move down to Arsenal

Aston Villa
We add a keeper and sell back up midfield misfit Henri Lansbury

Sam Johnstone - GK
View attachment 76231
His Villa career has come full circle. 13 months after i ended his loan deal he signs up to be our No 1

September

Urgh Brexit. Why Britain! Why? Its not bad enough its going to make a mess of the country but destroying my squad building in FM is taking it too far!

View attachment 75915

In the League cup we struggle to figure who is the Premiership team and who's in the championship?
View attachment 75914

Liverpool in the Next round
View attachment 75913

Fixtures
View attachment 75911
Wolves solid defensive day lead to us dropping points for the first dropped points of our season and so far our only dropped points. Amazing what a sprinkle of Premiership players will do for a team!

Championship Table
View attachment 75910
We may have started the season on fire but Ipswich and Barnsley have also made stonking starts and are just behind. The more likely season long threats Middlesbrough, Swansea and Leeds are almost 10 points back and look at the golden boot race, Its not former championship goal machine Dwight Gayle, or big money buy Dennis Man or even our grat freebie pick up Nahuel Leiva. Its our 4th or 5th best striker Keinan Davis thats leading the way with 12 goals from 9 starts. Take that Ronaldo & Messi!

Nice one mate...what a start! I thought another season in the Championship might do you good rather than going up in your first season and that seems to be the case at the moment! Keep it up fella!

Ergh really hope I don't get brexit. Might add something to your story in the long run though!

Nice one mate...what a start! I thought another season in the Championship might do you good rather than going up in your first season and that seems to be the case at the moment! Keep it up fella!

Yep bang on the money there. Unless have a catastrophic second half to the season.

Ergh really hope I don't get brexit. Might add something to your story in the long run though!

I think the best outcome is where free movement remains so you can still pick up great u18s from around Europe. I had a hard brexit in my Aberdeen save last year and that was just awful.

October

Carabao Cup 4th Round
Aston Villa 2-0 Liverpool
View attachment 75758
Once again it looks like the League cup will be the highlight of our season, personally nothing is better than Liverpool. Not much is going to top this

Quarter Final Draw
Fulham vs Aston Villa
View attachment 75757
One of the best outcomes. Fulham have not improved massively since promotion in the summer and are certainly not Liverpool.

We also take Villa on there longest unbeaten run
View attachment 75755

Nothing can be perfect though and our star of the season so far Keinan Davis was pushing for a new contract, something i dont hand out at the drop of a hat. He and several squad member have sulked about it, this is for sure the hardest change in the game as last year you just had to say "there was still plenty time on his current deal" and that would be that. Not in FM18 however

View attachment 75756

Fixtures
View attachment 75754
4 wins from 5 in the league but the Barnsley game is a sore point and of all the games in October thats the one we should have won with a man advantage for almost a hour.

Championship Table
View attachment 75753
A great month as the teams around us fall to pieces. Only Barnsley are within 9 points and they have played 2 games more. Still no relegated team fighting in the top 6.

I usually say "I'll give you a new contract at the end of the season"

Never had them kick up a fuss (unless you forget to do it!) and you get them playing for a year on the current wage

I usually say "I'll give you a new contract at the end of the season"

Never had them kick up a fuss (unless you forget to do it!) and you get them playing for a year on the current wage

Is that in Fm18 for you too?

November

Wheels come off our Championship wagon as we draw and loose twice

Fixtures
View attachment 75559
The worst result of that being a thumping from Brighton

Championship Table
View attachment 75560
Despite the drop in form we're still 7 points clear at the top with very little splitting the teams from 2nd and the team in 2nd Leeds is who we face early in December

December

Villa go a step further and reach the League Cup Semi Final

Fulham 0-3 Aston Villa
View attachment 75524
We were on our way before Fulham went down to 10 men and after that it was a walkover

We'll face Southampton in the Semi's next month
View attachment 75523

Fixtures
View attachment 75522
Sadly our great League cup form doesnt transfer in to League success. We lost another 3 games and were very sloppy just escaping a game with Huddersfield where we were behind until the a stoppage time winner

Championship Table
View attachment 75521
There was a time where Leeds and Swansea were right on our tails but a few wins at the end of the month see us stay 4 points clear with a game in hand.

Nice win over Fulham! Hopefully you can steady the ship in the league :)

Any plans for the Winter transfer window?

Nice win over Fulham! Hopefully you can steady the ship in the league :)

Any plans for the Winter transfer window?

There are several premiership quality players available, Mostly strikers of course since i have plenty of them but i will be making some offers to spend some of the money i raised in the summer

January

John Terry becomes the clubs oldest ever scorer
View attachment 75494

League Cup Semi Finals

1st leg
Southampton 2-0 Aston Villa
View attachment 75493
Soton dominated our championship side who could hardly muster a shot on goal in the whole game

2nd Leg
Aston Villa 3-0 Southampton
Villa win 3-2 on Agg
View attachment 75492

An unbelievable turn around with most of the work done in a inspired first half in front of our biggest audience at Villa park since i took over

Man Utd at Wembley will be our toughest test in the final.
View attachment 75491

Fixtures
View attachment 75490
We actually end up having our best Month since September after loosing to Bristol City in the first game of the month we dropped more points at Middlesbrough then won our final 3 games of the month.

Championship Table
View attachment 75488
After a sticky start our gap at the top is not 7pts and more importantly were now 11 points clear of 3rd place.

Doing much better this season - annoying with seemingly random losses thrown in every now and again

7 points and with a game in hand, but as you say, its the difference between you and 3rd. Looking good this year, how's Dwight Gayle doing now? He scoring many for you?

Mate, how do you paste your screenshots into the story so they are big and people don't need to click on them to open them up? I've been attaching mine and they always appear as thumbnails making it a pain in the **** to open up to view

Mate, how do you paste your screenshots into the story so they are big and people don't need to click on them to open them up? I've been attaching mine and they always appear as thumbnails making it a pain in the **** to open up to view

What i do is press the PrtSc button next to F12 paste that image into a paint document, upload the picture to the site then once the picture appears in your post double left click and it will bring up a screen then just change the image size to full screen and it will be the size mine are.

Doing much better this season - annoying with seemingly random losses thrown in every now and again

To be fair this season i can trace most of them back to multiple changes in the team, too many youths rather than like last year where i was doing all the usual consistent teams ect and were still loosing.

7 points and with a game in hand, but as you say, its the difference between you and 3rd. Looking good this year, how's Dwight Gayle doing now? He scoring many for you?

Sadly Gayle got a hip injury and has missed all the festive action. Due back in time for the League Cup final though