Stone Cold Steve Journeyman. Revisiting all my former clubs

Lets hope its not play off heart ache. always nice to end the season with a trophy and I'd count that big shiny playoff cup as a trophy!

you have a massive +GD compared to those teams around you - how you stuck in 5th? just unlucky I guess with draws

Simply our Defense has been a sieve

Followed your Aberdeen save last year but don't think i commented on it much, best of luck with this man!

Final Match

View attachment 77117

Millwall 2-4 Aston Villa
View attachment 77119
The Londoner's gave us a real fright just before half a hour as Ngoy gave them a shock lead. Ben Woodburn quickly drew us level and Tommy Elphick had us ahead 7 minutes later. A Kodjia double in the second half secured our playoff spot before Millwall score a late goal to secure things

View attachment 77118

We actually move up to 4th and will play a team who have totally **** the bed at the end of the season Bristol City.

Even though the media expected you to finish 2nd, i think 4th is a good season, promotion is promotion no matter how you get it in my opinion.
Fingers crossed for the playoffs

Play Off Semi Final

1st leg
Bristol City 1-1 Aston Villa
View attachment 76891
We started well against one of the league worst form teams going into this match. Kodjia of course had given us the lead and despite Brisol City pressure it looked like we would have enough to hold on but with 20 minutes to go there MOTM Diedhiou scored the goal that keeps this tie level going into the 2nd leg at Villa Park

2nd leg
Aston Villa 3-0 Bristol City
Ason Villa win 4-1 on AGG
View attachment 76890
By far our best performance of the season. Two early goals down the right from De Laet and Davis and before the 3rd we could have scored half a dozen more such was our dominance. A 3rd goal right on half time all but tied up the game and we were on our way to wembley

Results
View attachment 76889
Norwich had a far tougher tie with Middlesbrough and i'd say we'd be vast underdogs against a team that thumped us not to long ago.

Championship Play off Final

View attachment 76888

Norwich vs Aston Villa
View attachment 76887 View attachment 76886

Norwich have been the form team in the league going into this game. I hope Middlesbrough managed to knock them down a peg

Norwich 2-1 Aston Villa
View attachment 76885
The better team won as much as it hurts to say. The way we lost with 6 minutes to go is the worst feeling. KNowing a whole season came down to that moment and we'll have another year in the Championship.

So near! How has the board taken it?
gives you another year to bed the squad in and maybe pick up a few more younger players to develop... (trying to look on the bright side)

So near! How has the board taken it?
gives you another year to bed the squad in and maybe pick up a few more younger players to develop... (trying to look on the bright side)

Boards neither up or down. Despite the media prediction we were always going to be happy with top 6. Just gave me a 4 year deal so im sure they wouldnt want to pay me off unless we totally capitulated. Bringing in kids is the maid aim of the summer. Maybe some Premiership quality player on loan, especially for the defense.

Mate, so gutted for you in the playoff final! But another year in the Championship to build a squad capable of surviving in the Premiership may be a blessing!

I've got my own playoffs in the Swedish leagues (bottom tier) to look forward to now!

Gutted you failed in your playoff bid, especially in the final, however I'd rather see this sort of story where people fail than win it all and becomes predictable!

Gutted you failed in your playoff bid, especially in the final, however I'd rather see this sort of story where people fail than win it all and becomes predictable!

I would be very happy if this becomes a predicable save. Match engine is a ***** just now. Full of tricks

Mate, so gutted for you in the playoff final! But another year in the Championship to build a squad capable of surviving in the Premiership may be a blessing!

I've got my own playoffs in the Swedish leagues (bottom tier) to look forward to now!

Here's hoping you have a better outcome than we did!

Haven't yet picked up FM18 - what's up with the match engine? Is it the same old story where it's completely shonky and exploitable?

I hate that every year it seems to take until about March to get the match engine properly fixed

Unlucky with the playoffs but hopefully with a season under your belt you'll be able to hit the top two this season.

Haven't yet picked up FM18 - what's up with the match engine? Is it the same old story where it's completely shonky and exploitable?

I hate that every year it seems to take until about March to get the match engine properly fixed

I'm finding Lots of late goals but might just be me because its harder to have a quick look at the analytics side of things, therefore sometimes i dont bother checking as much as i would have before. Seems harder to beat it and it regularly, a defeat that makes no sense is far more frequent

Season 1 Review 2017/18

Championship review
View attachment 76607
View attachment 76606
The league's too big for 1 picture! So it ends with Hull, Fulham & Norwich going up to the Premiership, Fair enough as they finished 1-2-3 and we were not good enough on plenty of occasions. I'm quite sure another season in the Championship will actually be good for us firstly with our young team needing time to improve and its giving us another year to make changes to the squad to be more ready for the top flight next season. The three teams that wont have that chance in the Championship are Brentford, Bolton and Burton. Sadly Wolves's stacked team survived by 2 points. I had already picked out several signings i was ready to make form there but there unbeaten run to end the season save them.

12 teams changed manager through the season. I will try and update this more next year.
View attachment 76605

Championship Player of the year
Nelson Olivera
View attachment 76604
Top 3 for assists and goals. He's ready for the top flight

Championship Young Player of the year
Keinan Davis
View attachment 76603
A young player that forced his way into the team with Injurys to other players but now looks set to be at worst my teams back up striker next seasons.

Championship Top Scorer
Jonathan Kodjia - 29
View attachment 76602
4th most goals a golden boot winner has scored since 1997. Now we wait for the bids to come in.

Championship team of the year
View attachment 76601
Kodjia of course made the team with center back Tommy Elphick and on lon keeper Danny Ward made the bench.

World review
View attachment 76600
Our big brothers in the premiership looks much like i would hope it turns out in real life with Man Utd finishing 3 points clear or Man City with Tottenham and amazingly West Ham just behind in the Champions League spots leaving Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal in the Europa League spots. Morata beat DeFoe to the golden boot but Brighton, Swansea and Huddersfield go down. Spain is stunned as Barcelona become also rans in 4th place as the two Madrid teams fight for top spot. Man City backed Girona finish 7th, Juve romp to Serie A in there usual dominant fashion with Napoli, Inter and Atalanta stunning Roma and Ac Millan who have to settle for Europa League.

Champions League
Juventus 0-0 Tottenahm
Tottenham win 4-3 on pens
View attachment 76599
After one of the most boring finals ever which Spurs failed to have a single shot on target in 120 minutes they win there first Champions League sending Buffon into retirement with another final defeat thanks to Khedira & Sandro misses

Europa League
Dynamo Kyiv 1-2 Arsenal
View attachment 76598
London complete's its domination of the European competitions and once again England will have 5 teams in the Champions league next season

Aston Villa Squad
View attachment 76597
Davis deserves a chance to start next season after that, never noted how good he was. Cutrone as well was great once he came in January. Surprised the defense as as bad as it was considering how consistent there selection was. Midfielders need to step it up next year.

Aston Villa Fans player awards
View attachment 76596

Club Finances
£24m -£5m
View attachment 76595
Our first season see's a loss of £5m. We'll be cutting a lot of wages over the summer as that a crazy loss after the board pumped some money in and we made a £12m profit in transfers.

Spurs winning the Champions League...now wouldn't that be something if it happened in real life! :)

Season 2 - Aston Villa

We're back and hopefully better squad than last season and with a settled formation we can hit the ground running.

Pre Season 2018/19
View attachment 76469
Pre season was ok. Blackpool bet us early on but we eventually beat Middlesbrough, Inter and Porto and only Celtic beat us in the later games.

Pre Season Prices
View attachment 76468
2nd again? Ahead of two relegated teams and much further up the odds than Middlesbrough who were ahead of us for most than last season

Aston Villa Squad
View attachment 76466
See a problem? Yep we have no 1st team keeper! I have had 2 fall through with work permits amongst others but hopefully have 2 coming in. For now its a u19 who just joined to take the no1 jersey against Leeds. Each area of the pitch see's a huge upgrade except the midfield which has been heavy since i showed up and i cant make any changes till we sell some.

Aston Villa Transfers
View attachment 76465
£27m profit as several stars move on and we replace them with kids

In

Dennis Man AT
View attachment 76464
One of the two Romanian forwards i went after and the only one i got. Not looked too much into how he develops but looks good and will be part of the starting players or first man off the bench at worse

Nahuel Leiva - AT
View attachment 76463
Was ****** delighted to sign up the Argentine attacker on a free and after a solid pre season i cant wait to unleash him on the championship.

3 Youngster come into the squad
View attachment 76462View attachment 76461View attachment 76460

5 loans come in 4 from the Premiership and one from Real Madrid
View attachment 76459View attachment 76458View attachment 76457View attachment 76456View attachment 76455

Some good recruiting on the loan deals, i love it when regens start making there way into the first team, will they or will they not make as a first team player?