Storming Spurs to Glory

Reaction score
View attachment 160530
Despite me saying over and over again that I was going to actually commit to a secondary save, I never did. This is the one. I will be taking over at Tottenham and will be attempting to take them to the very top after their amazing season in the Premier League in real life. As a Tottenham fan, this is a save that will be very close to my heart so I'm hoping it will go well! Here are some of my objectives/rules that I'm setting myself:

[TABLE="class: grid, width: 500, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD]- Qualify for the Champions League in the first season

- Spend no more than 55 million pounds per season (as this season, Tottenham spent that amount on their new signings)

- Develop players from the academy

- Give youth players as much game time as possible

- No signings above 25 years old unless the reputation of that player is above 7500
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Tottenham have not won a trophy since 1991 (F.A. Cup) and with the quality they have in their squad now, it does seem like it will be easy to just get first or second place in our first season. The objectives and rules I set above should make it a bit harder for me to not just sign the best players and have incredible experienced players come in and play much better than everyone in the Premier League. I've been a Tottenham fan for a very long time now which was actually where my username came from: Line for Lineker and coigne for Gascoigne, two players who killed it at Spurs. I've seen a lot of Premier League stories this year but not one with Spurs so I figured I'd give them a go and have fun as a secondary story to The King of Rome. Anyways, let's get started!

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoy!

View attachment 1042009

Last edited:
As I am also a Spurs fan the minimum expectation in FM is to win League especially with this years squad. Although this year we will have to say well done Leicester.

Loo forward to reading about how you get on.

View attachment 160529
I've been dreaming of this moment for years; manage Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. I've always supported them even when players like Modric and Bale and Van Der Vaart left and when people thought that's it, it's the end of the Lilywhites, we'll never see them at the top again. Today, that changes, today, I'm becoming the manager and we, Spurs, will get to the top!

View attachment 160527
I wasn't expecting an amazing reaction about my appointment, I'm not exactly Guardiola or Sir Alex Ferguson just yet. Nevertheless it was talked about a lot and all the pundits and just football fans in general were wondering whether or not Tottenham had made a mistake by appointing me; I guess it's up to me to prove them wrong now.

View attachment 160526
View attachment 160513
Not a very full trophy cabinet, but I'm definitely looking to change that! The Premier League's my priority right now and with us competing in the Europa League, I don't see why we couldn't go for that too. The facilities are nothing short of what I expected, everything's just incredible. Hotspur Way is a really amazing place and we're really lucky to have it as our training ground and the stadium, oh, need I say more? White Hart Lane; in my opinion, the most amazing stadium in England.

View attachment 160514
I was a bit nervous about meeting the players, especially considering I'm so young and unknown to everyone in the Premier League and the footballing world but they all seemed pretty excited and our captain Hugo was the first one to tell me that he was very happy to be working with me. Everyone was very welcoming and now I'm just really eager to get started.

View attachment 160511
View attachment 160510
It seems like kind of an empty squad right now, weirdly enough, but we've got about 20 players and that is definitely enough for now. The quality in this side is just incredible! Hopefully everyone at the club is happy and no one wants to leave because I'm very eager to make the most out of every player here for sure. I'm planning on sticking to a 4-2-3-1 for now as it's a system that Tottenham have used for a couple of years now under Mauricio Pochettino and I feel like it'd be best if I just tweaked that system around and got the players used to a new way of playing but in the same formation. Hopefully they all agree!

View attachment 160509
View attachment 160508
The board didn't set any expectations that are too high; qualifying for the Champions League should be achievable and in the Europa League, the Second Knockout round really seems like a minimum for a club of Tottenham's stature. Our pre-season isn't exactly very fixture-heavy and those games are not against the biggest teams in Europe but it's just a matter of getting us warmed up for the season and ready for our opening game against Manchester United so hopefully those all go well and the travelling doesn't take it out too much on the players.

View attachment 160504
View attachment 160503
My first press conference; what a moment. Of course, I was asked about my long-term passion for the club and as I was expecting, current rumours surrounding some of my players. Apparently, Manchester City are after Harry and Christian but you can trust me when I say they're not going anywhere, and that's exactly what I told the media. They also asked me about the facilities and my relationship with Daniel Levy which was again nothing I didn't really expect. They also asked me about potential transfer targets and all of that but so far I'm only focusing on the players I have here so I just told them about our key players for the season:

View attachment 160502
Up front, one of our most promising players and definitely the man who we will base all of our attacks on. He was a revelation last season and this season I'm very confident that he will keep it up this year and bang goals innit.

View attachment 160501
Our little wizard and free-kick master. Christian Eriksen is going to be the creative outlet of this team and I can't wait to see what he can do with a football in real life! I remember watching SpursTV on YouTube for a couple of years when he first arrived and he used to do all those free-kick challenges and he was just incredible. Hopefully we'll see those skills in action during our friendlies!

View attachment 160500
Statistically speaking, our most solid defender but Toby is definitely right up there as well. I can't wait to see those two be the best defensive partnership in the league ahead of John Terry and Gary Cahill who were basically the best defenders last year when Chelsea won the title. Jan can also play left-back which is always useful in case we don't have anyone left to play there but we shouldn't need that with Danny Rose and Ben Davies in the side.

View attachment 160499
Obviously had to talk about Hugo, our captain. He's been at the club for the past 4 years and he's an absolutely incredible keeper and leader who will hopefully get a lot of clean sheets for us this season because looking at his statistics, he's just ridiculous.
Those 4 players are the players I'm relying on to take us to the very top of the league, as I told the media, so now I'm just gonna go to Hotspur Way for the practices ahead of our friendlies now because I'm just that excited! It's been an amazing couple of days so far in London and I really can't wait for our first friendlies now, hopefully they go well!

As I am also a Spurs fan the minimum expectation in FM is to win League especially with this years squad. Although this year we will have to say well done Leicester.

Loo forward to reading about how you get on.
Ultimately that's the goal! Well done Leicester indeed, although I'm not giving up on us just yet! Thanks for following :)

View attachment 160498
It's been about a week now and everything's been going really well. Rumours have been going around about the players and their futures here but I was eager to really show everyone that I wanted to keep them all here.

View attachment 160497
Tom is a young player who was never really given a chance in the first-team and even though Delle is here now to play for us, I still really value him and hope that he can play well for us so I got him to sign a new contract. Good stuff!

View attachment 160496
Now that was the big one, Harry has been courted by a lot of top English clubs since his wonder season last year but he truly loves Tottenham and you know what, I talked to him about it and he seemed completely fine with signing a new contract so he did! He'll stay with us for another 5 years which is really exciting and I hope he actually does stay with us for that long, maybe even longer!

View attachment 160495
A very satisfying first game with me in charge and clearly this new system worked well! I mean, yes, it's only against a South African first division team (no disrespect to them) but it's still a great first game. Danny clearly showed why he should be in the starting line-up ahead of any of our left-backs with 4 ASSISTS! Harry score which was expected and Erik played very well too, which I'm very happy about as a Tottenham fan considering he was never really liked since his move from Roma considering we paid so much for him and he never really did well. I'm confident I can get him to play very well with us and this was a great way to prove that already.

View attachment 160494
Well then, not exactly the best second game of all time. I was expecting a lot more, especially considering we'll be playing against those sort of teams in the Europa League but that was just, well I won't say abysmal but it wasn't great at all. Hopefully we can move on from that in our next game because I wasn't happy at the end of the game. I told the lads it was no big deal because in the end it's just a friendly but that we should try to step it up in our next game for the fans, they deserve it.

View attachment 160493
So, we were back in London after our friendlies and just training ahead of our next game on the 25th and let's just say that Christian came to me with not the best of news when he walked into my office after a morning practice:

View attachment 160492
View attachment 160491
View attachment 160490
That conversation lasted longer than I wanted it to; he wants to move to a bigger club, I basically asked him to reconsider and he started getting annoyed because he felt I was getting in the way of his career, so I said fine. Now I'm just hoping that this doesn't become some huge story in the media and that other players don't just come to me asking to leave expecting me to say yes. In fact, I only told him that he could leave in the hopes that our asking price for him would be too much for other clubs to try and match and then make him want to stay!

View attachment 160489
View attachment 160487
So the Premier League odds came out today and as expected, we weren't amongst the teams predicted to win the league. We were only predicted to finish 6th though; 6th?! Really?! We only finished 6th like 2 years ago and last season we managed 5th so what makes people think that we won't finish higher with a squad as strong as ours? We'll really have to prove them wrong in the first game of the season against Manchester United!

View attachment 160481
Our next game was in Zaragoza, Spain. Always a nice little trip to Spain with the nice weather and the beaches and everything. The food is so good too! Of course, I remember all that from my trip in Barcelona with my grandparents when I was younger and well, I found out soon enough that Zaragoza was a beautiful city but nowhere near the beach unfortunately.

View attachment 160480
View attachment 160478
We played similar tactics with Zaragoza but clearly, we had the better team. I wasn't expecting anything less to be honest and it's a great morale-boosting victory. Harry scored twice and Christian, despite being "unhappy" at the club, still also scored and celebrated which was great to see. Possession seems to be a bit of an issue right now though because if we can't keep possession against Zaragoza, I don't know how we will against Chelsea or Arsenal. Anyways, that'll be something I look over on the plane to South Africa (again) to play against a second division team from there. It's a long flight but it's good for the club's reputation so I won't complain.

View attachment 160477
A great result! That makes it 3 wins from 4 games for us in this pre-season and we seem completely ready for the Premier League now! Our rivals Arsenal won the Community Shield whilst we were on the flight here which I guess doesn't really matter so I just thought I'd mention it but we don't really care, we're focusing on us right now. Nacer was really good today I have to say, 4 goals is always an amazing achievement no matter who you scored them against so even though I kind of thought about selling him before, I'm definitely thinking about giving him a chance now. Our possession was a bit better which is satisfying considering the little tweaks I added to our system so hopefully now we do that well against Manchester United at Old Trafford for our first game of the season!

Well then, getting closer and closer to our first game of the season and guess who decided to pop by my office before going home after an afternoon practice? Erik Lamela. The man who apparently every Spurs fan hates (which really isn't true by the way, I talked to some fans when we were travelling and a lot of them were saying the opposite). Anyways, that's not the point. Just like Christian, he started a conversation I didn't want to be having with him:

View attachment 160476
View attachment 160473
View attachment 160472
That's just fantastic isn't it... Just when I thought I was done dealing with players wanting to leave another comes at the door. Just like with Christian, I just felt too intimidated and said sure you can leave which just isn't helping with my reputation at the club. Now people are just gonna think that I'm some weak young manager who will let the players do whatever they want. Hopefully the same will happen with Erik as I've planned with Christian; that is just let the offers come and refuse them until they eventually just decide they want to stay. It's a very unethical thing to do, I understand that, but I don't want to lose my best players even before my first season in charge has started.

Good luck, bring glory to spurs! Will be following.

ps. Hahaha at kane's picture! :P

View attachment 160470
So it's matchday number 1 today, against Manchester United at Old Trafford! I have to say that I never thought I'd ever say this so it's a bit emotional for me. I won't let my emotions get in the way of the game though, the occasion. Manchester United have been on the decline since Sir Alex left and now they have a point to prove against us in the league for their first game so hopefully we'll pull off an upset away from home against them.

View attachment 160469
View attachment 160468
The best way to start my managerial career; a game against a team that I have hated SO MUCH since I started following football as a kid. I don't really know why I even started to hate them, maybe it was because at the time they were the team that everyone supported and I didn't want to be like everyone, I wanted to support someone else. Van Gaal is someone that I never really liked either and given what he said about me at his press conference, I really hope that we get one over him for the things he said about me and our club. We're favourites and at home for my first ever game at White Hart Lane and you know what, I said that White Hart Lane was the best stadium in England and today I hope that the fans will prove that to me for this game. It's very exciting and in the press conference I made sure the media understood that and how much this game meant to me. Let's do this.

View attachment 160467
View attachment 160466
Two really strong teams with very similar formations and I know for a fact that this game will be a hard one. I told the players before the game that this one was for the fans to get excited about our upcoming season and just really see a great performance from us from the get-go but only Eric seemed somewhat motivated. It's alright, I know my motivational skills will grow as I get on at this club.

As I stood in front of the bench and heard the referee blow the whistle, we were off with Harry and Christian kicking off the game. My first game as a manager. Stressful times, stressful times indeed.

About 6 minutes in now and I was sweating so much from all the nervousness. We had about 69% possession of the ball according to the stats on the stadium screens but it just felt like Manchester United could counter-attack and score at any minute. I was staying calm on the touchline, hoping for the best from this first game and hoping for at least a draw or something to give the fans a reason to be happy about their club's first game in the Premier League. Delle just had the first shot of the game, on target as well, but De Gea saved it easily, it'll be hard getting past him today that's for sure.

Ten minutes now and we've had two corners but Eric gave away a stupid foul at the edge of our box, great. Oh and on top of that, he got a yellow card which for one of my main central-midfielders, isn't good at all. I crouched down before their free-kick just praying that someone cleared it as fast as possible. Erik managed to head it away but they were just playing with us at the edge of our box now; I didn't want to yell and stress them out but what the **** were they doing, someone clear it! I remember the ball coming to Ashley Young who hit it first time and there's just nothing Hugo could do about that. It goes in the top right corner and that was a sublime finish. 1-0 United. Not the best start to my Premier League career as a manager.

It's been about 4 minutes since the goal and we're really pushing for it I mean, we're dominating the possession and trying to go forward as best we can here and Dembele has a shot from about 15 yards or so but De Gea again comes up with an easy save. I said it earlier, it won't be easy to get past him today, and clearly he's not gonna prove me wrong as of yet.

And there goes the kick from De Gea now; the ball went up very high in the air and I was just imagining the worst that could come from it but Toby managed to head it down perfectly. Again it's just us playing around in the midfield with nothing really coming from it, it's frustrating! Dele and Mousa playing well down the left right now and when I saw that ball from Dembele to Rose on the wing, I knew something could happen from this. Danny just whipped it in with so much pace I barely had any time to react and guess who's at the end of it, the man who wants to move to Manchester United! He just volleyed it first time somehow and put it past De Gea! What a goal!!! It's 1-1!!! At that point I was just running around and hugging all the staff and players on the bench, being so happy about our first goal of the season! And what a goal it was!

Nothing since our goal about 15 minutes ago, it's been tense as **** on the sidelines and we've been getting most of the chances but Manchester United are looking dangerous, especially Memphis Depay. Christian got an amazing chance after a great pass from Harry but he put it wide.

Great. Christian's off injured now!!! Just fantastic isn't it! Our most creative player, the man who can change the game at any point, just came off injured. I just hope it's not too bad because it could just kill the start of our season otherwise. Anyways, I decided to put Erik in the middle, as a number 10, and bring on Heung-Min Son on the right. I think that'll work but if it doesn't I can always put Delle in the middle, who knows.

Well this is just getting better and better! I put Erik in the middle and what does he do? Get sent off! In the 38th minute!! What on Earth is he doing tackling a centre-back with two feet! What the ****?!?! Wow, just wow. I was furious at that point, especially considering we were playing pretty decently and that was just the stupidest foul of the game by far.

And there we go. Thanks a lot Erik. Rafinha went down the right-hand side and Memphis scores a freaking bicycle kick from inside our box. I don't know how that happens, but it's 2-1 United. Great, just great.

Just what the **** are we doing right now. Rafinha scores now seriously what the ****. I can't believe this is how my first game is going right now. It's 3-1 United and the whistle finally blows and I just stormed into the tunnel to go back to the changing rooms. Absolutely ridiculous. I am so mad right now.

View attachment 160465
I feel kind of bad about, but I just yelled at them. So much. Especially Erik. Anyways, after the team-talk they all saw how angry I was about the performance and could hear all the boos from the fans outside so they all seemed fired up for the second half, hopefully they'll actually perform though. Jan has been awful so he came off for Kevin.

Delle with a great chance now in the 53rd minute but it goes wide, it was our only chance since our goal in the 16th minute or something. Wow.

Are you freaking kidding me?!?!? What is that for a defence!!! Oh. My. God. Absolutely fuming. I don't know how this is happening but we're now 4-1 down all thanks to a goal from Mata after Toby decided it wasn't worth marking him after a save from Hugo. What is going on with this team right now?!?!

Delle comes off for Nacer, I just can't take those horrible performances. I changed our system, hopefully it works out now because I won't be able to take another goal against us.

Just 3 minutes left now and we've done nothing at all to even attempt a comeback. Abysmal performance and if it wasn't for that stupid sending off we would've gotten a result, I'm sure of it. Especially given the stats of the game.

View attachment 160464
View attachment 160463
Am I disappointed? Do you lot in the media not have better questions to ask? I mean come on I just lost 4-1 for my first game as a manager against a team who should have never gotten such a good result against us! Of course I'm disappointed and some players really disappointed not only me but their teammates too and they know exactly who they are. Yes, we will change things up before the next game because this was just unacceptable and they all know that. The fans were genuinely so sad I could see them in the stands and I personally went to apologise to one of them after the game; he was just a little kid crying because it was his first game at White Hart Lane so it's very understandable.

That was my press conference pretty much, just complaining and whining. I'm sure you all understand, considering this horrible performance. Oh and as if it couldn't get any worse, remember Christian coming off due to an injury? Turns out it's even worse than we thought:

View attachment 160462
Yeah, we just lose one of our best players for 3 to 4 months. He'll basically miss HALF the season. Just fantstic. With Erik also banned for one game now after his stupid sending off, we're going to have to figure out a completely new system for the game against West Ham in 8 days. One thing's for sure, we have A LOT of work to do before that game and believe me, it's probably even more important than this one considering the rivalry between London clubs.

Good luck, bring glory to spurs! Will be following.

ps. Hahaha at kane's picture! :P
Couldn't pass on the opportunity of using a picture of him with the mask considering how well he's been playing for us with it in real life! Thanks for reading and really glad you'll be following! :)

View attachment 160461
It's been a rough couple of days since our loss to Manchester United and it's not been easy getting all that attention from the media and the fans and unfortunately none of it was positive. Everyone's now saying that Levy made a huge mistake by appointing me as manager and to be fair, I would feel that way if an unknown 20-year old took over at my club and did that for his first game. I was also warned by the FA for my comments about Lamela's red, which just gets my Spurs career to a great start doesn't it?

View attachment 160460
And as if things weren't bad enough for me already, premierleague.com revealed the Barclays Premier League Team of the Week and quite obviously, not a single Spurs player in there (and 2 Arsenal players, ugh, disgusting):

View attachment 160459
I decided to change things up in preparation for the West Ham game. That performance against Manchester United was abysmal and even though I wasn't sure if it was the formation or the team we were facing, I don't want to take any risks. In pre-season, we never faced opponents strong enough to even compare to teams in the Premier League so I figured it was the system that wasn't working and changed it to a 4-1-2-2-1 formation:

View attachment 160457
Bentaleb should be an excellent replacement for Eriksen in the next couple of months and Heung-Min Son is definitely good enough to replace Lamela for one game, maybe more if he performs well. This formation should give us the opportunity to control the midfield and pass it around well and through Bentaleb still have somewhat of an attacking midfielder whilst Danny and Kyle will run down the wings and provide for Heung-Min and Delle who can cross it into Harry. Now, we just practice, practice, practice, and wait until the West Ham game where we'll hopefully get a much better result.

View attachment 160456
Back at Hotspur Way again and we're just practicing and practicing just everything: from set-pieces to just normal shooting and passing drills we were basically practicing everything after that horrible performance against Manchester United. And then guess what, as if my start to my Spurs career wasn't bad enough, we get more injuries:

View attachment 160455
View attachment 160454
At this point I'll just say who cares about Lamela's injury because he's suspended anyway but Danny Rose, our best left-back and just one of our strongest players in general, is out for a month. Great. I wish that Lamela was injured for a month and Danny for 9 days. I might sound harsh but come on, the guy gets sent off in the first game and tells me he wants to leave for the team we lost 4-1 to in our opening game? I always knew Erik had an attitude but that was just beyond me. Anyways, as the days go on and on I still try to put up with the memes and the articles made about me and how I completely messed up my Premier League debut as a manager and try to endure the looks from certain players who just seem to really not understand my system and tactics or how I talk to my players when they have demands. It's not been an easy week since the Premier League began and I'm hoping to find the kind of form we had in pre-season again soon enough to get the morale of the team up and my morale too, I need it right now that's for sure.

View attachment 160453
When I went back home, the only comfort I really got was looking at the table and thinking "Liverpool are actually bottom of the league and we're playing 16th-placed West Ham so we might have had a bad first game, but we can easily turn it around!" And looking at West Ham's game against Arsenal, I made sure I really analyzed the way they played and the formation they used because it's important for us to do well against them.

View attachment 160451
View attachment 160450
They played very well for sure, at least looking at the stats that's what it seems like. Gibbs got two goals in the 82nd and 91st minute which secured the win for our rivals and I think it could have gone either way to be honest so clearly, we'll have to be very careful during this game. Their formation also seems to be a very solid formation in the midfield and a great way to get their playmaker Payet to go forward and pass the ball to their forward. They've been doing really well in their Europa League qualifiers so we will, as I said many times over and over again, have to be very careful when facing them.

View attachment 160449
A bit of a promising start to the matchday when I saw that we were largely favourites against West Ham so clearly a lot of people if not everyone expects a victory at home for us so that's always good but it's also puts a lot of pressure on us to actually do well now.

View attachment 160445
The press conference was mostly the media just once again asking annoying questions, almost forcing me to say who I thought was the worst player in the West Ham team and stuff like that which was just ridiculous. Moving on from the press conference though where nothing special happened, the FA decided that Lamela's tackle was so bad it deserved another 2 game ban?! Absolutely outrageous. I must admit his tackle was just abysmal but how you can get a 3-game ban for that is beyond me. I appealed but without success.

View attachment 160444
View attachment 160443It was really frustrating to hear back from the FA saying that they basically didn't really care I appealed and Lamela was still getting his ban. I guess it gives Heung-Min the chance to step it up in the next few games and hopefully score a couple of goals and just perform well enough to keep his place in the team. It's matchday now, so we're just getting on the bus to go to White Hart Lane and get warmed-up before the game where we'll hopefully get a win.

View attachment 160441
View attachment 160440
I'm worried about this West Ham team, they're looking really strong and really quick as well. They've got an amazing defence too and it will be a tough game no matter what but we're at home again and we need to perform a lot better than last time out to just give the fans a reason to even come to the stadium for the rest of our home games this season. I know it's only our second league game but a loss today would just crush us and really kick us in the teeth. I tried to be as aggressive and convincing as possible in the team-talk before the game and it seems like it worked quite well because all the players were pretty motivated so let's hope they show that on the pitch.

View attachment 160439
Alright, let's do this. Second time of the season we're walking out of the White Hart Lane tunnel and today we're hoping for a better result. The captains met at the centre-circle and the game was underway almost right after that; Kane and Bentaleb kick us off, let's hope for a good result now!

Just 4 minutes in and they've already got a corner but thankfully nothing came from it and Hugo could make a good save to not make us concede so early on... West Ham are looking way too dangerous out there, I don't like it at all.

Oh my God no way! We had a great chance just now with Davies putting in the most perfect cross for Harry and he heads it onto the bar!! ****! He couldn't score off the rebound because he was taken down by Adrian which apparently was allowed but we just came so close to the first goal of the game, let's go let's keep pushing!

Almost 30 minutes have gone now and I have to say they were destroyed us for the first 5-10 minutes but we're completely dominating right now, a goal before half-time would be perfect for us and really put us in a strong position.

Extremely boring first half to say the least, but we really should be in front. We've had more chances now and they're making silly mistakes and fouling us and getting bookings so we just need to keep pushing and I'm 100% sure the goals and the result will come. Come on you Spurs!!!

View attachment 160438
Honestly, the word "unlucky" perfectly describes how the game has gone for us so far so as I told the lads at half-time, we just need to keep pushing. I don't know what's wrong with Delle and Harry but they also really need to step it up because otherwise they'll just lose their place in the team.

Yes! Foul in the box from Jenkinson on Alli! Get in!! We're 57 minutes now, it's now or never. This penalty could really be the turning point of the game and give us confidence. I don't even know who's taking it, the players are gonna figure it out I think but please make the best of this opportunity PLEASE. Okay, Son is taking it, come on, please score. Apart from the West Ham fans booing from their stand, it was total silence on the pitch and the stadium. I could genuinely feel drops of sweat going down my back as I crouched down during the penalty. Before he took his run-up, I put my hands over my face, I didn't wanna watch. I heard the whistle blow and, a big boo from the fans. Not the West Ham ones, ours. For flip's sake man!!! This is ridiculous, how do you miss a penalty like that!!! I'm absolutely fuming I really can't believe this.

I just took him off, I was really mad about him missing the penalty so I just told Nacer to get ready and he went on the pitch; hopefully he'll do better than Son I mean wow, our one great chance of scoring a goal and he messes it up. Ridiculous.

Alright I've brought on Mason and Onomah for Alli and Bentaleb; everything's out now, it's up to the players to actually do something.

Just 15 minutes to and Walker got in the box and instead of squaring it to Kane in the middle, he decides to be selfish and smash the ball onto the post. Great job lad, you'll be hearing from me after the game for sure because that was selfish and completely stupid.

Oh my God this is just absolutely ridiculous now we just hit the bar again!!! Ryan Mason heads it on the woodwork and it's cleared by their defence!! We should be 3-0 up already what is this sorcery!

Another penalty!!! Come on!!! This time PLEASE we cannot miss this again. It's Jenkinson again which makes it even sweeter for us but please whoever takes this do not miss it. I'm not closing my eyes this time and I'm not crouching either. I'm standing tall and looking at every second of this penalty. It's Chadli taking it, come on man I brought you on to do what Son couldn't do and this is EXACTLY what he couldn't do earlier. We need this win. ARE YOU F-ING KIDDING ME?!?! AGAIN!!!!?!??! This is an absolute outrage, how the **** do we not have anyone capable of scoring ******* penalties in this team????

THE BAR AGAIN!!!! YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS THIS IS JUST FIXED WHAT THE ****??!?!?! Kane smashes his volley onto the bar and it's out AGAIN. I'm absolutely raging at this point and the officials are just trying to hold me back.

Absolutely disgusted by that result. I have never been so mad after a game of football. This was the most frustrating game I have ever experienced in my life. Just wow. So many wasted opportunities, TWO MISSED PENALTIES and we've hit the bar a countless amount of times. These guys are being paid hundreds of thousands of pounds a week and they can't even do their job properly which is to score goals and win games. Ridiculous.

View attachment 160431
View attachment 160429
View attachment 160430
The stats say it all. We missed two penalties, we hit the woodwork about 4 times and had just 3 shots on target. I'm absolutely fuming and the players know that. Unfortunately, the media knows that too now because Hugo told them about it. At least now those rumours of me being weak have gone because of my reaction to this game but honestly this was just ridiculous. I hope to God that we never have to go through something like that again because it was horrible. The worst part about this is that we're going to Everton next and that'll be as tough if not tougher of a game than today so now I'm just worried. I don't even know what Kane is doing either but it's just not working at all for him up front right now.

View attachment 160428
I just feel bad for Joshua. He came on out of position to replace Delle, won us a penalty and just did the best he could to get us a win and was probably our best player after he came on and he was rewarded with what? Nothing. He was given a 6.6/10 rating and got a point from the game. Football is really cruel, honestly. If we don't do better against Everton in our next game, then I really don't know what to do, what formation to use, what system to use. This really hasn't been an easy start to my Spurs career and thankfully we showed how dominant we can be against West Ham but we just didn't get the win which is the main worry right now. We'll find a way to do better, I know it. I love this team and I'm not gonna give up on them.

Shame about the first game. i always find there's a few who want to jump ship when you first start, it's usually Emre Can for me at Liverpool

Yeah i know what you mean. It's like as soon as they catch a whiff of interest, they down tools.

View attachment 160427
Nothing special's been going on since our game against West Ham, premierleague.com released the Team of the Week for Matchday 2 and well, one Spurs player was in the team and it was the man of the match of our game against west Ham, Kyle Walker:

View attachment 160426
View attachment 160425
We could have had more players in that team had we scored all of our attempts that hit the woodwork and our two penalties. Very frustrating indeed but I decided to switch back to a 4-2-3-1 now but tweaked it a little bit to hopefully remove the negative aspects of our game against Manchester United. First away game of the season against Everton, we're already on the flight to Liverpool and I really, really hope we come back from this trip with 3 points and a couple of goals because we really need this now to kickstart our season. We'll be up against it with the odds against us today, but we'll do our best.

View attachment 160424
View attachment 160423
Last time we faced a team who were using a similar formation than us, we ended up losing 4-1. I hope that those small changes I made to the tactic work and get us a victory because with one draw and one loss in the league, we just NEED this win and Everton are 7th so we're going to have to work hard. Let's do this, COME ON YOU SPURS!!!

We lose the ball in the midfield after an awful pass from Mason and literally almost conceded but thankfully Lukaku doesn't seem to be having the best day right now. We're 15 minutes in and just like all of our other games we're dominating, just not getting any chances somehow.

We've got a corner in the 23rd minute now, let's not mess it up again. As the ball came in I just saw a bunch of our players go for it then back off and I just thought what the **** are they doing?! And then the ball bounces and is just by itself in the middle of the box and guess who's there to hit it? Heung-Min Son. And guess what he does with it? HIT THE BAR! Again!!! I swear this is the 6th time in 2 games we've hit the woodwork, it's absolutely ridiculous.

Big chance for Everton, my heart literally dropped. Thankfully Hugo's there to save us AGAIN.

Half-time, literally the most boring half of football I've seen in my life and I'm not even joking right now. Even the team-talk I just had nothing to tell them apart from why aren't you trying to go forward more like what is up with the attack in this team? I don't get it, I really don't.

View attachment 160416
As we walked out of the tunnel for the second time today, I just thought to myself maybe I'm not the right man for football management, maybe this is just a big mistake because clearly, we're not getting good results at all. Let's just hope that the lads change my mind about that and score a few goals today.

Yup, you've probably guessed it again. It's been 52 minutes and Delle Alli goes through and is in the box. Guess what he hits; go ahead just try and guess. Yeah the post, yes, the woodwork basically. AGAIN.

Fabulous, Mousa Dembele's injured now. I genuinely just cannot take this anymore. We're getting completely unfair results, way too many injuries, and we're also hitting the woodwork WAY TOO MANY TIMES.

Absolutely horrendous again. ANOTHER DRAW?!??!!?? I really just can't believe it, this is getting ridiculous now. Absolutely, ridiculous.

View attachment 160414
And for some reason the assistant manager thinks this was a good performance? I mean what even. Clearly that's why he's not a manager. I honestly just can't understand why we don't get goals or anything from those games. We completely dominate and just get nothing from those games, nothing at all.

View attachment 160412
View attachment 160409
Yeah you bet I was furious. Another ******* draw and we find ourselves in 17th place in the Premier League. 17TH!!! What the ****?!? Just look at that, win percentage: 0%. I just can't believe this. Oh yeah and Mousa's injury isn't as bad as we thought it was so he should be back for our next game against Newcastle but barely. Great.

View attachment 160408
I don't really understand how footballers are out for a week with a "bruised shin" but if the physios say it, they must be right. I just feel like nothing is going right for me at Tottenham right now, this was supposed to be a huge moment in my life and be the happiest month of my life but so far it's been all but that. I just can't right now. In about 6 days there's the draw for the Europa League group stages, I guess that will be a positive (hopefully) and then the day after will be Newcastle at White Hart Lane. If we don't get a win then, I might as well just resign.

Great start to your story mate, will definitely be following this one!

View attachment 160312
So just like after every matchday, the Team of the Week was released and unsurprisingly, no Spurs player in it, AGAIN:

View attachment 160311
It really hurts me to see so many Arsenal players get in those Teams of the Week, honestly; I've never liked Arsenal at all and even though I respect their manager Wenger, I just hate their club and their arrogance when it comes to them talking about us. Just disgusting and disrespectful. Hopefully we'll be able to shut them up this season!

View attachment 160310
View attachment 160309
Despite our poor form, a lot of our players were called up to their natiional team; some were not a surprise like Son for Korea and Lloris for France but to see Eric get his first call-up is great to see, I'm glad Hodgson is deciding to look into youth players. Many of our players even got called up to the U21s and U20s which again, is nice to see. I think Belgium was the nation who called up the most Spurs players: half their lineup plays for us! Anyways, I told all the players to please, PLEASE not get injured because I just can't deal with another injury right now considering we've already lost Christian and Danny for some time. After the meething with the players, we went back to training and again practiced our offensive moves because clearly they've not been working well at all. After that, I got an email from the FA to inform me of our opponent for the Capital One Cup third round:

View attachment 160308
They will be a very tough opponent, especially considering they're 2nd in the league and have just performed well above everyone's expectations so we'll need to play our best game for sure. At least we're playing at home against them but as we've seen, that's not been going too great so far.

A couple of days later (well, just 2 actually), we all turned the TV on and sat there as the Europa League group stages draw took place. We were a 1st seed team so we knew we'd be the first team to be drawn in our group. Group A, B, C, D went, all the way to H and finally it was us. Group H it is then. Let's see who else will be in our group now:

View attachment 160307
So that was the end of it. Throughout the whole draw we were at the edge of our seats, hoping for opponents who wouldn't be TOO hard to beat and well, looking at the beats we've been drawn against, we've got a great chance of going through. When the players saw Sampdoria being written on the piece of paper drawn, they were all more surprised than anything; Hugo turned to me at that point and just said "I didn't even know they were in the competition!" To be honest, I didn't either but hey, they're a strong team, the strongest we'll face in the group, so we won't get complacent already. Sparta Praha and Istanbul Basaksehir are also two teams that will have the potential to do well against us so we'll have to be careful but hopefully those games go well. I think our first game is against Sampdoria so we're already set up for a big opening game which is nice. Anyways, with the Newcastle game in a couple of days and the players and I craving a win, we all went back home to get some sleep and be able to come to practice early tomorrow.

Back