Storming Spurs to Glory

View attachment 160306
It’s Matchday 4 now and after a terrible draw against Everton, we need a good result against Newcastle. They’re way above us in the league but hopefully we’ll be able to get a win against them. It’s just really been a tough and sad first 3 games so a win now would be very much welcome.

View attachment 160305
The odds came out a couple of days earlier and let's just say we're huge favourites again. However, I'm not gonna trust those odds because last time that happened, we ended up getting the most ridiculous draw against West Ham. It's important for the players and for me to get our first win of the season and just go off for the international break on a good note, they all know that, I know that.

View attachment 160304
View attachment 160303
View attachment 160302
Let’s do this, now’s really the time for my players to wake up. Now about the formation, I've seen a couple of teams in the past use asymetric formations, especially in the early days of football in England and it always worked so well. Teams like Hungary and Romania used those tactics and it worked so well for them so I decided to try it out today. All the players are suited for it and it should be good to see how well we do with it. Come on you Spurs!!! Oh yeah, and my team talk was a failure, again. But as I said I'll get better at it, I guess going at it so aggressively before the game wasn't the best idea.

Another day at White Hart Lane, another time of us walking out the tunnel and getting ready for the game. This is our third game at home since the start of the season and it’s about time we get a win here now. The fans are getting very despaired and I can see it and to be honest, I am too.

I can already see a big change with this system, I love it. Just 4 minutes in and we’ve got a corner and had about 5 attempts on goal already. Let’s just hope for the best now.

Another great chance for Kane!! Goddamn it when is he gonna score his first league goal?! It was really close again though and we’re very much crushing Newcastle right now and we’ve just got another corner, let’s see what comes from this! Nothing.

Walker goes down the flank after a great through ball from Heung-Min Son and I’m just yelling at him come on! Come on! I could just feel that something was gonna come from this, somehow. And then it happened, Walker crossed it in and one of our own, Harry Kane, absolutely smashed it I genuinely thought the net was gonna come off but we go 1-0 up!!! This is the first time we’re actually leading in a Premier League game!!! Yes!!! Come on Harry, let’s go!!! Again lads!! I was just screaming of joy on the touchlines, amazing. It’s only been 11 minutes as well!

It’s been what, 5 minutes since our goal? We’re still pushing so hard I can feel another one coming. Walker’s on the wing again but he’s about 40 yards from the goal so he’ll probably have to go forward now; wait, what is he doing he’s just crossing it from here?! Oh my God Kane’s at the end of it!!! YESSSS!!!! IT’S 2-0 SPURS!!! What a game! We were struggling to score goals in our first 3 games and now we’re just scoring for fun! Get in!!

It’s been 40 minutes now and they’ve yet to have had a shot! Not even on target, just a shot in general! Ridiculous hahaha! I was just sitting on the bench at this point laughing and feeling so happy! What a game this is for us.

And there we go, half-time and they’ve had one shot, we’ve had 17. They’ve had 2 corners, we’ve had 11. I don’t know what happened, but I may have just found the perfect system for us. We’re absolute crushing them and I made sure to tell the players how happy I was.

View attachment 160301
So some people were kind of feeling weird after I told them to not be overconfident and stay focused, but they’ll understand when the second half starts. Let’s just get this second half started I can’t wait for the game to end and see us fly up the table and just be up there. Let’s go lads, a couple more goals please!

Alright, we’re still just completely dominating and whenever one of their attacks comes in we just clear it and get an attack of our own. Oh God wait no that’s dangerous! Okay nevermind, Jan cleared it. Mason managed to get the ball and just blasts it forward to Kane who somehow got to that oh my God how?! And he just runs down the wing and puts in a cross. Jesus that’s a bad one. Actually wait a second look at Son! Oh my God he heads it in!!! It’s 3-0 SPURS I can’t believe it!!!

Last 10 minutes now and we’ve just absolutely crushed them today, I’m so happy that Delle, Harry and Heung-Min finally woke up and have performed so well today. Honestly, I’ve not been this happy in a really, REALLY long time.

Full time and we get our first Premier League victory, 3-0 against Newcastle! What a win as well with Kane getting his first two goals of the season and Son getting his first. I’m so happy about this performance, honestly. I really can't wait for our next game now, it’s going to be epic!!

View attachment 160300
I made sure to tell the players how happy I was about this win and they all looked absolutely delighted, which is great. Honestly so happy about this win and I hope we can keep this going now because that is the kind of performance we should be expecting from a team like us, week in week out.

View attachment 160299
View attachment 160298
View attachment 160297
I was very happy for Kieran too who came on later in the game and he played well, not exceptionally well but pretty well or at least well enough to make me think about playing him in the future so he should be excited about that for sure! Honestly the team today was outstanding and I’m so happy we got such a great win in front of our fans and now our season is really starting, let’s keep this going and get even better results next match day! And Harry by the way, I told him drinks on me next time we go out because that performance was just perfection. Two goals and an assist, what more can you ask for! I’m definitely gonna sleep well tonight, what a victory.

View attachment 160296
The whole squad has been BUZZING since our win against Newcastle I mean, who wouldn't be? It's just really great to see all the players like this now. On top of all that, we signed a new youngster from Blackburn who'll be a great replacement for Walker and Trippier if they retire or leave the club: Ryan Nyambe.

View attachment 160295
He's really promising and my scouts recommended him to me so I went to watch a Blackburn youth match and I was definitely impressed so let's hope he does well with us because well, a million pounds isn't a small sum of money. Anyways, moving on from all that happiness and positivity, there just HAD to have something go wrong..

View attachment 160294
View attachment 160291
I honestly just think I should let him go. With Christian, his injury pretty much put off any clubs who were interested in him and he's actually got a good attitude whereas Erik is plain horrible. I mean, he just goes up to the media and tells them that I'm not good enough for my job? Seriously, I'm not saying anything right now but if he doesn't leave, his life is not gonna be great here. Until he shows some respect, he definitely won't be getting any from me. The transfer window wasn't that exciting, Arsenal being the biggest spenders (surprisingly enough) and they even signed an outfield player! Rafinha is clearly a great signing for Manchester United as he was way too good against us but we're moving on from that. Nothing too special apart from that.

View attachment 160293
We deservedly have three players in the Team of the Week after our amazing performance against Newcastle. Honestly, we played so well in that game and I'm still so happy about the result and we definitely deserved even more players in that team. Oh yeah and forget about Arsenal, they've just got the one player in there so we're already starting to do better than them!

View attachment 160288
View attachment 160285
View attachment 160284
View attachment 160281
Alright well, not a great month for Spurs obviously, but it'll get better! I know for a fact that we'll perform better in the future now especially after that convincing win against Newcastle where our new system clearly worked wonders. We're just gonna have to keep going now and hopefully all the lads do well with their national teams so they can come back happy and healthy and confident. Christian sent me an email the other day saying he understood that his injury prevented him from leaving but he was still expecting to leave the club in the next transfer window. Not exactly what I was hoping to hear from him but I'm sure he'll change his mind soon enough. Anyways, congratulations to Van Gaal, as much as it hurts me to say it, he's done a great job at Manchester United this season so far and they deserve the success they've been getting. Congratulations to Bellerin as well, he played really well for Arsenal and I can only just tell him good job for that even though again, it hurts me to say it. Anyways, I'm taking a bit of a break now since the players are on international duty but I'll still go to practice with the younger lads and the ones who weren't called up obviously to just keep in shape and play with them a bit.

Last edited:
Congrats on your 1st win.

Btw, what's the team logos pack you are using?

Congrats on your 1st win.

Btw, what's the team logos pack you are using?
Thanks buddy, I was dying for it hahaha! It's called Footbe Logos, you can find the pack here :) http://www.fmscout.com/a-footbe-logos-for-fm-2015.html

View attachment 160238
So we're on a bit of a break right now with some of the lads gone out to play with their national teams and we've been taking that time to practice with the ones who stay here and watch the international games when they came on. It's been a fun break but we've still been working hard and with our game against West Brom coming up quite quickly, we just need to be ready and continue on after our great win against Newcastle.

View attachment 160229
View attachment 160228
View attachment 160227
So Eric came on in the 73rd minute for England against Lithuania, his debut for his national team. Right after the game (which they won, thankfully), I called him up to congratulate him and he was so happy about it and very confident he could get in the team again and I was just there to motivate him really and told him that he could definitely get in the English set-up again considering how much I value him in our Spurs team already. With that, I just wished him good luck for his next game and begged him to not get injured because let's face it, that would be a HUGE blow for us. He hung up and I just went to watch an old Match of the Day on TV.

View attachment 160223
Fantastic news as I got an email from the club physios about an hour after my phone call with Eric: Danny's back! Ben has been doing well for us obviously but Danny is the starting left-back and I'm really happy that he managed to get fit before the West Brom game because with the amount of time we have left (around 6 days) he can definitely get back into it and make sure he can get in the starting line-up! Really great news honestly, it'll only make our team even stronger.

View attachment 160220
It was pretty late the next day but I kind of wanted to stay up and was just watching random videos on YouTube, mostly football highlight videos and I was also watching back clips of our game against Newcastle to see exactly what we did well and not well. Anyways, The Guardian released an article talking about the amount of players developed by English clubs who then went on to play in the best divisions all around the world and I was happy to see us in 3rd place for that. Behind two teams that I absolutely despise for sure but it's great to see that our academy has been successful in the world and hopefully I can make it even better over time.

View attachment 160219
View attachment 160218
I gotta say, England had a pretty weak group but I wasn't expecting them to qualify so fast! Great stuff from them and I wish them the best in the Euros but I'm French so unfortunately, I won't be supporting England. France all the way! Anyways, I didn't think calling Hodgson to congratulate him was appropriate especially because I'm so unknown in the footballing world still so I just thought about it and moved down and went for my morning run. The lads who played for England did very well so I'll congratulate them when I see them.

View attachment 160217
Alright so I wanted to use Harry Winks in the first-team at some point but he wanted a loan and was listed by the board so I just decided that it was a better idea if he went out on loan to the Championship. Huddersfield are a decent team so he should have fun there and do well and hopefully he'll come back having played a lot of first-team football and ready to play here at Tottenham.

View attachment 160216
So we're on the bus to West Bromwich to play at The Hawthorns today, they're 15th in the league and we're 9th right now and got our first win against Newcastle last time we played in the Premier League. It's incredibly important for us to perform today and get another win and really fly up the table to find ourselves in the top 5 again and challenge for Champions League places.

View attachment 160210
So the odds are pretty much against us today but West Brom are at home so I guess I can understand. Despite that, I'm still feeling pretty confident because I know how meaningless those odds are on the field; we were favourites to win against Manchester United and got smashed so that's a perfect example of that. Hopefully, the same happens today but in our favour.

View attachment 160209
View attachment 160208
View attachment 160207
So Danny's back in the line-up and we're sticking with our tactic that we used against Newcastle because clearly it worked wonders. Now already a positive for us is that West Brom is playing a 4-4-2 and so were Newcastle when we played them so already we can feel quite confident so I told the players to just do as well as they did in the last game and a result should come. Some of them seemed motivated but to be honest I don't care if they seem motivated in the changing rooms, it's what happens on the field that matters. Second away game of the season, come on you Spurs!

Alright, here goes! West Brom just kicked off the game I hope we'll do well, we just really want another win now.

So we're 20 minutes in and there's been a couple of shots for both sides but really nothing interesting. I'm just standing there on the sidelines being really stressed that we won't get a good result today and that the win against Newcastle will basically end up being nothing. Hopefully the players prove me wrong and that doesn't happen.

Great. Half-time. We're back to square one again now this is just really annoying now. I honestly thought we had found the right system against Newcastle and we were gonna start banging the goals in and get victories but clearly that can't happen for us.

View attachment 160199
I just told the players like it was I mean, can you blame me? We're getting nothing from this game at all right now. We're shooting, we're keeping possession but we're just not going forward and I really thought we had fixed that with the system but clearly not. I'm bringing on Mousa for Mason and putting him high up on the pitch; if it doesn't work out, I've got a lot of players who can come in and do that job or I can just put Delle up there and pray for something. Please just not another ******* draw.

Alright come on it's been like 15 minutes now, I switched back to a 4-2-3-1 to see how that would go and nothing's been going on. We have a free kick though but for some reason Rose is taking it? It's quite far so he might cross it in and WOW! That was probably the worst free-kick I've seen in a long time. Wait a second though, he picks the ball back up and plays it to Vertonghen who gives it to Kane in the box and Harry just holds onto it he needs to pass it because their keeper's coming out! Oh my God yes come on! He laid it off to Walker and that's in!!! 1-0 SPURS!!! Finally we scored! Yes! Get in!!! Let's get another one now so that we don't just completely mess it up and draw again!

Dele's coming off, he signaled me to come off so might as well just do that. Joshua's coming on, let's hope he can do well for us.

Alright come on Walker, put in a good ball from the throw. Alright Lamela has it now, I played him because Son was just not good at all today. Holy **** what a ball!!! It's Onomah in the box!!! He shoots and he scores!!! YESS!!! 2-0 SPURS!!! I can't believe that he of all people just scored!!! What a moment for him! And Hugo is for now keeping his fourth clean sheet in a row for us! This is amazing, I switched back to the asymetric formation to really just hold onto the ball and keep possession but clearly that just made us score instead! Yes!

Oh my God no way!!! Kane just slots it in the box for Onomah and he's just scored again!!! I can't believe it!! It's 3-0 SPURS!!! What a moment again!!! He played about 3 games as a professional for Tottenham and he scores a brace for his first two goals ever, ****! I'm so happy about this right now, I told the players to just get out there and do better in the second half and boy did they do well! Joshua really showed me how good he is and how promising his career for us is!!! I really can't believe that we couldn't score in 45 minutes and now we just scored 3 in 23 minutes and Onomah scored 2 in 2 minutes. Wow!

View attachment 160195
What a win again I mean honestly I just didn't expect that one at all! I knew West Brom were gonna be a really tough team to beat and somehow we scored 3 in the second half which is just amazing. The players were ecstatic and Harry and Joshua were just hugging and celebrating like best friends who had known each other for 12 years, it was beautiful. To be honest, they've known each other for the past 4 years now going through the youth ranks together so it made that even more beautiful. In the changing rooms everyone looked delighted and Erik, even though he keeps telling the press he doesn't approve of me, even came up to me and told me "good job" with a weird look on his face and walked away. I guess I'll take that for now!

View attachment 160194
View attachment 160193
To be honest, the stats were clearly in our favour so I should have really expected a win in the end. I really have to credit my boys, they were amazing out there and Harry of all people got the man of the match award! Again! Now he's actually made more assists than he's scored goals which is pretty ironic but I won't complain. Two Tottenham youngsters, two of our own, assisting each other and helping each other out on the field to give us results like that, I'm definitely not complaining! This was an amazing victory again and we're up to 6th now and even though I'd love to celebrate for a bit longer, we have a game against Sampdoria in the Europa League next and that won't be an easy one at all so we should start getting ready as soon as we can. The schedule after that looks alright too but the game against Chelsea at the end of the month will be the big one for sure.

View attachment 160192

View attachment 160179
So, ahead of our first Europa League game of the season, I decided to check out the Serie A stats and table to see how Sampdoria were doing to kind of just get familiar with how they're playing and where they stand right now before the game against us and guess what: they're first! I don't know how they're ahead of Juventus, it's only been 3 games, but they're first which well, isn't great news for us. We're coming up against a side that has clearly been bossing it in their league so we'll have to bring our A game to their stadium that's for sure. I'm still thinking about playing a weaker side against them considering our game against Swansea like 3 days later but now that just seems like a terrible idea.

View attachment 160178
They also have the top goalscorer in their league and the player with the most assists. We're in for a cracking game against them! I really can't wait to go there, plus it's my first time to Italy! Not just as a manager or anything, in my life! So it's gonna be awesome and even though we won't get to visit anything, I'm still happy I get to go there for my passion, football.

View attachment 160177
And of course, in typical post-match fashion, the Team of the Week. I was kind of expecting to see Harry and Joshua in there if I'm honest I mean, they both got like a 9/10 rating which is definitely good enough for me but clearly not good enough for premierleague.com. Jan still made it in there though which is great to see, it's his first time in the Team of the Week and hopefully not his last!

View attachment 160176
As we approach the game now, the odds came out on 138.com and they're pretty much like the odds for our game against West Brom. The home side's favourite but just about and pundits are definitely giving us a chance. I'm a bit stressed about coming up against the Serie A leaders but I'm very confident we can still get a result against them and hopefully it will be in this first game of our Europa League campaign to make it 3 wins in a row in all competitions and really boost the players' morale!

View attachment 160175
View attachment 160174
View attachment 160173
Alright, staying true to our asymmetric formation because it really did wonders for us in the last 2 games. I'm playing a bit of a weaker side to help us cope better with the game against Swansea in 3 days and hopefully the boys who were selected will do enough today! Their formation worries me a little bit and again, my team talks just don't really seem that great as of yet. I said I'd work on that and I did, honestly! It worked well at half-time against West Brom but it didn't seem to have a huge effect on the players today. I don't mind, as long as they're motivated on the pitch! Come on you Spurs!!!

Come on lads, it's been about 20 minutes now and still nothing really going on or at least nothing major. Just like against West Brom, I was just on the sideline standing there clearly frustrated that our domination wasn't turning into goals. We got a throw-in on the left that didn't really end up doing anything for us but Dier, Chadli and Davies worked well down the flank to get the ball back and Davies managed to put in a cross towards their penalty spot. At that point, my heart dropped; in those moments, the ball just goes up in the air and you look to the middle to see if anyone's there and then there's just some kind of slow-motion moment where the ball seems to take ages to come but it doesn't even land this time and Harry Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaane!!!! YES BOYS!!!!! COME ONNNNNNN!!!! 1-0 SPURS!!! What a way to start our Europa League campaign, 1-0 away from home against the Serie A leaders! Get in!

Jeez, a close chance again for Erik and Mousa. We had a corner which by the way, I still don't understand why Kyle is taking them, but nothing came from it and we worked to get the ball back but nothing came from that either. We're piling on the pressure which is very good to see and hopefully we can get a goal before half-time.

Alright, half-time it is and we've performed very well to be honest. We're really dominating the game and we very much deserve to be in front so hopefully we'll keep that up during the second half and score a couple more goals to get top spot in the group straight off the bat!

View attachment 160172
I wanted to tell the players to not get complacent since some of them were looking like that but I just ended up telling them they were doing really well and should just keep it up. To be fair, I have faith in them to not just give up our lead and draw the game if not worse lose it! Let's get on with the second half, I really wanna see some more goals!

It's been 15 minutes already and still nothing so I'm bringing on Delle and Heung-Min for Nacer and Joshua. They didn't have the best games of their career and some fresh legs should be good for us in the attack.

Okay, 75 minutes in now and just still nothing going on so I'm bringing in Kieran for Erik and hopefully he'll bring us some pace and crossing ability down the right.

About 83 minutes in now and we just lost the ball in the midfield which led to them scoring. Great. 1-1 SAMPDORIA and it's Cassano of all people. He's been AWFUL so far and he scores for them. Embarrassing.

And that's it now. 1-1 is the final score. I'm so disappointed with that considering they had 2 SHOTS and scored 1. I just really felt like we controlled the game but in the end I think it was my fault, I didn't tell my players to not get complacent and clearly they did in the last 5 minutes of the game and despite us hitting the post in the 92nd minute, we just didn't try hard enough to get those 3 points.

View attachment 160171
View attachment 160170
I made sure to tell the players I was unhappy with the result especially considering we were in such a strong position at half-time. Anyways, I'm moving in from it quite quickly because now we've got to travel back to London for our game against Swansea at home. It's our first home game since our win against Newcastle and we're on a 2-game winning streak and have been keeping clean sheets for the past 4 games so that's good. Anyways, the flight back to England is quite long and I need some sleep so I better get going.

View attachment 160162
We've not had a long time at all to prepare for this game so it'll be a tough one but thankfully, I rested some of our starters and they'll be at 100% for this game against Swansea. The result against Sampdoria was obviously a disappointing one but it's not that important because we've got another 5 games in the group stages to perform and go through whereas in the league, I want us to do well now and get in the top 4 and stay there to get Champions League football next season!

View attachment 160161
Okay, we're huge favourites for this game at home again but I really don't trust the odds anymore and we all know that by now. A win could see us move up to 4th but a loss could just see us tumble down the table probably even lower than 7th where we are right now. Even with the odds in our favour, I'm under no impression that this will be an incredibly tough game and we'll have to be at our best to beat them especially considering the condition of some of the players after our trip to Italy midweek. Let's do this!

View attachment 160159
View attachment 160158
View attachment 160157
Alright, I didn't change too much about the team and nothing about the formation and hopefully our good run of fortune in the league will continue today. We've got the home advantage and the fans at White Hart Lane are always amazing so I'm looking forward to this. My team talk was once again, not the greatest, but I'll keep trying. It's just a bit sad that I say that basically every matchday... Anyways, come on you Spurs!!! Let's get all 3 points today!

YES! ALREADY!!! Go on lads!!! Wow I didn't expect that at all!!! Heung-Min Son slots it in after their defenders just completely mess up and are running all over the place and we're just putting our pressure on and get the goal! Fantastic start just 5 minutes in! 1-0 SPURS!!! Come on boys!

Oh my God I can't believe it it's 2 already! 2-0 SPURS!!! Lamela scores now after the most beautiful through pass I've seen all season from Kane! He's genuinely made 4 assists this season and has scored 3 goals in all competitions, he's been a better provider than a goal scorer I mean wow! That really goes to show how much our players are getting involved in every phase of play. This is just amazing we're completely dominating and we're already 2-0 up! What a game!

****. 32 minutes in and Gomis grabs a goal back for them. We lost the ball in their half very stupidly and they just launched a counter attack and scored. UGH. Here's goodbye to another clean sheet for us I guess. 2-1

So half time now, and we've had 11 SHOTS and they've had just the one. I really feel outraged by those stats I mean we should be 5-0 up but we conceded a stupid goal that they REALLY didn't deserve and we didn't take all of our chances. It doesn't matter, what matters is that we're ahead at the half and we can't let it slip again.

View attachment 160156
Perfect team talk this time. I told them to not get complacent because I am NOT accepting us giving up our lead again. They all seemed more focused and motivated for the second half so I just told them to get outta here and play their game and we'd get the result. They know they have to work hard for 45 more minutes so now it's all up to them.

Onomah, Bentaleb and Wimmer are all coming on for Vertonghen, Alli and Dier. Those should be solid substitutions and we need some fresh legs out there because our attacks are just not convincing enough. We have 25 minutes left to either hold on to this result or maybe score another one and kill off the game. Let's do this!

YESSSSSSS!!! Kane has a shot but it's stopped by Fabianski and for the rebound guess who's there! Our own Balotelli because of his attitude, Erik Lamela!!! His second of the game and it's 3-1 SPURS!!! Great goal again and now it would just be ideal to keep scoring them because they've only had 2 shots on goal, one on target, so if we keep scoring and scoring then we'll definitely demoralise them. I'm kinda starting to like Erik now, he's a talented player that's for sure! They actually counted that as a second assist of the game for Kane as well!

Absolutely horrendous passing from us now and we concede another one. Where the f was the defence there???!?! They've had 4 shots all game and just scored their second one I mean this is just painful to watch really. Whatever, we're still in front and the players better not mess this up.

Phew, finally. We get the win in what was a nervous game considering we were SO much better than them yet struggled to not concede. Three points are better than nothing though so I'll take it but Jesus Christ I was annoyed during this game. I never thought I'd say this but thank God for Lamela.

View attachment 160152
View attachment 160151
View attachment 160150
This was a good victory in the end and I'm very happy that Mousa was recognised for his hard work for this team. The stats clearly go to show how we dominated and should have probably won the game about 7-2 or 7-0 today. I mean, 20 shots against their 5? Please. They were lucky to even grab a goal back every time so I'm happy that the game ended and we coudl assert our dominance. Actually, this was by far our most dominant performance this season but not our most convincing, weirdly enough. Anyways, our next game is against Norwich in the Capital One Cup and let's just say it'll be one of our biggest games of the season considering Norwich are 3RD in the league right now. Yes, 3rd. We're sitting in 5th now with this win so hopefully our good form will keep going and we'll climb up even further the table!

View attachment 160058
It's been two days since the Swansea game and you guessed it, it's Team of the Week time. We did well against the Welsh club and even though they scored 2, we still had 2 players in that team which is very satisfying:

View attachment 160057
Mousa got the man of the match award in the game so I was expecting to see him there and to be honest, Harry also deserved the man of the match award but he just about missed out on it so it was normal to see him in the team. Mahrez clearly outperformed Lamela even though Erik scored two goals? I think Riyad did the same though which explains why he's in the team in the right midfielder spot ahead of Lamela. Anyways, satisfying week for us in the Premier League for sure, I'm happy that we're climbing up the table now and hopefully it can continue like that and we can perform in our next league game against Chelsea (7th).

View attachment 160056
Last season, Pochettino led Tottenham to a Capital One Cup final. This year, I'm hoping to do better and maybe win the competition! First, we'll have to beat Norwich at home. We are favourites but as you know, I really just don't even pay attention to those odds anymore. After 3 wins in a row in the league and a draw in the Europa League, we're on an unbeaten run since the first game of the season and hopefully that will continue today and we can beat Norwich.

View attachment 160055
View attachment 160054
View attachment 160053
So they're going for a very defensive formation which surprises me considering they know that they've been doing well in the league so should be going quite attacking to try and beat us. My team talk was pretty good this time, the players understood that they needed to keep our good run of form going to please the fans and yeah, we're still using our asymmetric formation because it worked so well in the past. Controversially, I'm starting Clinton for his first game with the club but it's only because I want to keep Harry fit for the Chelsea game so that's my explanation for it. Yet another time where we're walking out of the White Hart Lane tunnel to go on the pitch, come on you Spurs!

Fifteen minutes in and I think you know what I'm gonna say. Nothing happening, we're dominating. That's basically all there is to say right now, honestly. They hit the post and Delle had a chance to score his first of the season but he couldn't finish it. Anyways, let's keep pushing for a win!

Well then, talk about that for a boring half of football. The fans are gonna start getting really annoyed if we don't start scoring more during the first half of our games because this is just sad now. We've been crushing them so far so I'm confident we can get the win but it's irritating that we haven't scored yet.

View attachment 160047
I just gave it to them straight. Honestly, a team of our stature should be in front right now especially considering how much we've been dominating but clearly that's not enough... Anyways, I told them I wasn't happy but that if we kept doing what we were doing and pushed a little bit harder, we would get a good result.

So we scored from a counter-attack, Clinton was the one who finished it, but he was offside so it didn't count. Frustrating!

YES!!! WHAT A GREAT MOVE!!! We finally get the goal we deserve!! I talked about Delle getting his first goal of the season during the first half and guess what, he's the one who got the goal just now at the end of an absolutely amazing move! 1-0 SPURS!!! Clinton got the assist as well, great stuff from him today!

I'm bringing on Nacer for Erik, the Argentine's not been good enough for us today and hopefully Nacer will do better and maybe get us a second goal to kill the game.

YES ANOTHER ONE!!!It's a great cross from Rose on the wing and Son heads it onto the bar and in!! I'm there on the sideline just jumping around and being so happy about the goal! 63 minutes in and 2-0 SPURS!!! Great job from the lads so far!

Onomah and Kane are coming on for N'Jie and Alli to put on some fresh legs for the past 15 minutes.

With about 5 minutes to go, we should get away with the win. The players have been on top of it for the whole game and we deserve to get the win today.

View attachment 160046
View attachment 160045
View attachment 160044
View attachment 160043
A great victory for us that take us to the next round! I'll happily take that and I'm so happy that Delle finally scored his first goal for us! Danny Rose was absolutely fantastic and Clinton did really well for his debut to be honest, it's not exactly easy to come in and replace Harry Kane who's slowly becoming a club idol so he did well to handle the pressure and make an assist for Delle. I'm kinda surprised by the fact that our strikers seem to just want to assist more than they want to score! But I don't really mind, if they get us goals one way or another then it's good for the team and for the scoreline so who cares right? A great result which makes us very confident ahead of our big game against Chelsea in 3 days!

Great turn around from that early disappointment. i wouldn't get too disheartened with the shot conversion, I played Sunderland on my LFC save i have 34 shots, 11 on target, no goals. Sunderland didn't even try to attack. Take heart with the clean sheets is what i would say.

View attachment 160024
Man I love this club. I realised that the other day coming back home from our game against Norwich and honestly just everything about this club makes me really happy and makes me feel even more proud that I'm the manager! The players, the staff, the facilities, everything and I just can't wait to bring the club some silverware in the future if I can! Anyway, enough with the emotions already. We have a HUGE game against Chelsea now at Stamford Bridge and as much as it pains me to say it, they're a big club. Or at least were last season when they destroyed everyone in the Premier League. This season it's another story and they find themselves 7th but I know that if we beat them, we'll firstly move up the table and secondly make a point to everyone in England and in the world that we are a strong team competing for Champions League football. Hopefully everything goes well because if we just play badly when we play the big teams in the league, then I'm not sure how long I'll stay on as the manager.

View attachment 160021
I know, I know. He's our new signing and he's already gone out on loan. I mean come on, the guy's 17 years old. I sent him on loan to Preston for a month and we'll see how he feels when he's back but we just don't need another right back right now, especially considering Kieran came to me the other day asking for more game time:

View attachment 160020
He knows that Kyle has been one of our top players so he said he understood which hopefully should just make him forget about this issue for a bit and obviously I'll give him more game time, but he'll need to be patient.

View attachment 160018
We could have gotten a worse draw for sure so I'm happy that we fell on a Championship side but Fulham are a very good team for sure and we'll need to be wary of their pace up front with the other Mousa Dembele. They're 12th in their division which seems like it's not great but they were in the Premier League not too long ago so I'm glad we can face a team somewhat on the decline. We can't get complacent though, we just have to remember that it cost us three points against Sampdoria in the Europa League so let's not make the same mistake again.

View attachment 160017
Is there even a point in me talking about those odds anymore? I know that I won't believe them and will work as hard as I can to get a result no matter how likely we are to win a game. Chelsea are favourites and it makes sense, they're the current Premier League champions and have the home advantage and are an amazing side so let's hope we don't just get battered like we did against Manchester United, especially against a London rival!

View attachment 160006
View attachment 160005
View attachment 160002
Jesus, I forgot how scary the fans are here. They're all so aggressive since they're not doing as well as they were last year it's genuinely concerning. Thankfully I'm away from the stands but still. I told the lads to just keep doing what we've been doing in the league, play our game but play it hard, and we should do well. It's not a guarantee of course, I know, but the players know that too and they take this game very seriously I know that for a fact. Now, this is my first big London derby before we take on Arsenal for the first time on the 31st of October in about a month so it's an important game! Come on you Spurs!!!

And we're off! Man the atmosphere here is amazing, it's gonna be a great game!

Great, 8 minutes in and Pedro scores. Awful defending from Trippier who started the game ahead of Walker due to fitness and I'm now REALLY regretting that decision because that was abysmal. We've got a lot of work to do though that's for sure.

It's been 30 minutes now and my change of formation to a 4-2-3-1 hasn't really worked at all. They're still holding us off and we're gonna have to really work hard if we want to get anything from this game.

Half time and let's just say this really wasn't our best half of the season. We've been pushing for a goal and late on in the first half looked like with some more work we could get one but half-time came too soon. They're very solid defensively and as of right now, we can definitely beat them but we'll need to be more dominant than that for sure.

View attachment 159977
I could have been more harsh to make them understand that we just NEED a result today but it felt wrong. Just telling them they're unlucky (which they are considering how well we played in the last few minutes of the half) motivated them and is now making them want to push even harder for a goal so that's that, hopefully they'll actually do that on the field now!

Ughhhhhh, 15 minutes in and we're really looking good out there but they're just too solid defensively! We can't find a breakthrough which is really irritating so hopefully we will soon because we definitely deserve better than a loss in this game. We had a corner but kinda messed up, it's alright though since Chadli manages to pick up the ball at the edge of the area and hits one from distance through all the Chelsea defenders! Another great save from Courtois! UGH COME ON! OH MY GOD YES LAMELA!!! He was there for the rebound and we score!!!! It's 1-1!!! What an important goal for us!!! Fantastic play and a really deserved goal, get in!

Come it's been 4 minutes now and the game has not changed at all, we're still piling on the pressure and deserve even another goal as things stand! We're playing around the back which is good to keep possession but now Dembele passes it to Trippier on the right who puts in a great through ball for Lamela and at that point I just yelled out "HIT IT!!!!!!" which he did and guess what happened?!?! He scored another one!!!! It's 2-1 SPURS!!! Lamela again!!! Our top goalscorer this season and an absolutely fantastic player who gives us the lead at Stamford Bridge!!!

Wimmer's coming on for Ben Davies now and I've asked Jan to play at left-back since he knows how to play there. We need to defend really well now to hold onto that win because it'd be massive for us. Chelsea are starting to panic and get stupid bookings so we'll have to capitalise on that too and maybe even score a 3rd goal!

Just 2 minutes left in the game and we're still leading! This is a dream, beating Chelsea at their own ground! Absolutely massive especially considering we'd move up to 3rd with this result, let's hope our defence doesn't mess anything up in the last few minutes.

YES LADS!! I screamed that at the end of the game but quickly close my mouth as Hiddink was coming over to shake my hand. Poor guy, he thought he'd win this game easily after scoring in the 8th minute but we showed him that hard work is the key to success and today, we deserved to win just for that reason!

View attachment 159974
View attachment 159975
View attachment 159973
Absolutely brilliant. That's genuinely all I have to say right now. Next game is in the Europa League and after a game like that, we'll definitely be fired up to get a great result against Sparta Praha. I mean the way we just turned things around went from being 1-0 down at half-time to 2-1 up in about 4 minutes between the 60th and 64th minute is incredible. I knew Lamela would come good at some point and actually perform and forget about his personal issues and work hard for the team and today he did and I'm so glad he chose today to do that. What a game, what a win, we're 4th in the league now since Arsenal won their last game 5-0 but I'll take 4th considering we were in the relegation zone after the first 3 games of the season. Just absolutely mental stuff from everyone in the team today and even players who aren't even part of our starting-11 played really well today. I feel incredibly proud of this team and cannot wait for even more wins and success this season.

Last edited:
Great turn around from that early disappointment. i wouldn't get too disheartened with the shot conversion, I played Sunderland on my LFC save i have 34 shots, 11 on target, no goals. Sunderland didn't even try to attack. Take heart with the clean sheets is what i would say.
Really happy about the latest results too! Thanks for following by the way :) and yeah for now I'm not too worried about it but later in the season it could become a bigger issue especially if we want to get those wins to get Champions League football!

Last edited:
View attachment 159963
So there we are, Team of the Week time again! Only one player really deserved to be in it to be honest with you, and I think we can all guess who that player is:

View attachment 159957
A pretty good team of the week obviously dominated by Arsenal after their 5-0 win on the weekend but we all know how the story goes: they do really well until the Christmas period and then after they become completely shambolic and finish 4th. Unfortunately for us though, we lost one player who actually proves to be a very important part of our side since we don't really have anyone who can play back there if Danny Rose gets injured:

View attachment 159956
He's out for 3 WEEKS! It's not good news at all as I mentioned earlier but we'll find a way around it. I think there's one or two youngsters in the Under 21s who'd love to get some first team action in case Danny can't play so I'll definitely look into that.

View attachment 159955
View attachment 159954
View attachment 159945
View attachment 159928
Wow. What an emotional moment it was for me to just see that I was voted as the Premier League Manager of the Month for the first time in my career. I felt so, so proud when I received the award honestly. Lamela came close to the Player of the Month as well so it just goes to show how successful we were this month and just again, I have no words for my Manager of the Month award, it's still even beyond me how I'm Tottenham's manager but now it's really going to be written in the records since I got this award. Hopefully many more to come and the silverware to accompany it!

View attachment 159927
I can understand if Danny Rose was taken out of the England team considering he was injured for a bit but Hodgson taking out Harry and Eric is absolutely beyond me. Why?! They've both been in incredible form and deserve international caps so much! Everyone in the news is wondering why Harry wasn't picked I mean come on, only two strikers, one of which is the most injury prone player in the Premier League since Diaby left for France and Shelvey in the side? What are you on Roy. I guess he doesn't really care anymore since they've qualified for the Euros but still. Game against Sparta Praha in a couple of days now so I'll try to get the lads motivated and happy again considering they weren't picked and hopefully they'll perform like world-class players to prove Hodgson wrong!

View attachment 159684
Big game today against Sparta Praha in the Europa League, hopefully we'll perform and top the group if possible seeing as they're top right now. Winning today would really be a good way to assert ourselves at the top of the table so let's do this!

View attachment 159683
We're huge favourites, as expected, and unless something goes terribly wrong, I think we'll get the victory. I don't know by how many goals, but we should get it. The players are coming in very confident after our 2-1 win against Chelsea so let's see how this goes.

View attachment 159682
View attachment 159681
View attachment 159680
It’s going to be a stressful game against a strong opponent who are top of the group right now with their 3-0 win in their opening game but we’re at home and I’m confident we can get a good result here and put ourselves in a commanding position for the rest of the group stages.

Nothing happened for the first 25 minutes of the game but we managed to grab a great goal through Harry Kane, who clearly wanted to prove his national team manager wrong, who headed the ball in from a Kyle Walker cross. First goal of the game for us and hopefully not the last, 1-0 SPURS! Come on you Spurs!!!

Kane has a crack from about 30 yards but their keeper just about tips it away however Joshua Onomah, who started the game since I really believe he can have an impact in the team, crossed it in from the corner line into Lamela who basically had to just tap it in and it’s 2-0 SPURS!! What a great 5 minutes this has been!

At half-time, we’re clearly dominating possession-wise and chances-wise, having had 14 shots against their 3. It’s not been a hard game to play and Sparta Praha are not really pushing for anything so far so if we keep playing like this, I reckon we could put a few more past them which would be nice to see!

View attachment 159679
Chadli’s once again not been good enough so Son is coming in for him at half-time, hopefully he can do better and bring us a couple of goals or good chances!

A bit of a weird cross in from Danny Rose after we failed to get anything from a free-kick but Delle Alli hits the post, promising start to the half!

It was a long time coming, Lamela scores his second of the game and Danny Rose gets the assist, 3-0 SPURS and a very satisfying performance.

View attachment 159678
View attachment 159677
View attachment 159676
Very comprehensive victory for us which I definitely expected so I’m happy. It puts us in a great place in our Europa League group and is a good sign of things to come in the competition. 3-0 is a good result and we definitely came out on top in a game that we could have probably won by a lot more but hey, we got the 3 points which is what matters. In the other game of the group, Sampdoria managed to grab a 2-1 win which tells me that the Turkish side in our group away from home could be a tough fixture, we’ll have to see. Great performance from Erik as well who got the man of the match award again but Harry came really close to it too. It’s great to see him on the scoresheet again and hopefully he’ll bang the goals for us against Leicester in a couple of days in the league.

View attachment 159675
The players are very tired after our last game against Sparta Praha considering how much we gave for it but we got a great result behind it so I'm not unhappy about that. The players are working incredibly hard for all this and it's really paying off so far so I'm really happy. We've got 3 draws and one loss all season so far and the rest of our games were just wins so it's really good to see. With a game against Leicester now, I hope we play well and get another good result and if we do, we can really just assert ourselves as one of the strongest teams in the league this season.

View attachment 159662
Yet another home game and again we're favorites for the game, which is understandable. Leicester are 9th which is pretty good for them (which I could say that about them in real life...) and they'll definitely keep fighting for some points during the season but it's in our hands to get the win today. Harry wants some goals to impress me and his national team manager and everyone is just really eager to play well and impress the Premier League. Let's do this lads!

View attachment 159656
View attachment 159655
View attachment 159654
So we know that the best we can do from this game is go back up to 4th, which is good of course. Leicester have a lot of really good midfielders and individual players so it’ll be interesting to see how they play as a unit but they’re a strong team who we’ll need to be very focused against. After our amazing Europa League victory against Sparta Praha, all the boys are very eager to show that they can do the same in the league so let’s hope that happens.

Eleven minutes in and so far Leicester are looking quite dangerous whenever they’ve got the ball and they obviously have fresher legs since they didn’t have a midweek fixture. We have a corner but Walker puts the ball in and nothing comes from it. It goes to Harry Kane who’s about 35 yards out and he just smashes it! OH MY GOODNESS WHAT A GOAL!!! THIS IS PROBABLY THE GOAL OF THE SEASON FROM HARRY KANE JESUS CHRIST HOW DID HE MANAGE THAT?!?!?!? It’s 1-0 for SPURS!!! What a start to the game and what a finish from our main man Harry Kane!

Came close to a second goal here in the 29th minute as Son plays Kane through in the box but the Englishman hits it with his left and skies it over Schmeichel’s goal.

YES! Kane plays a great ball to Son who’s in the box and gets tackled by Wasilewski but the ball just goes back in the box after the tackle and Schmeichel’s off his line, allowing Dele Alli to score his second of the season and our second of the game. What a great game so far! 2-0 SPURS!

Bentley gets the ball back at the edge of the box after Leicester’s defence clears following a Kyle Walker cross; the Algerian finds Onomah who plays through Son first time and the Korean does not miss from there, it’s 3-0 SPURS!!! We’re absolutely crushing it and it’s just been 35 minutes!

So it’s halftime and I've never been so proud of this team! Since becoming Tottenham's manager back in early July, this has by far been our best performance and hopefully the players won't get complacent and will keep this level of performance up and we can score even more goals to help our goal difference and and get a clean sheet too!

View attachment 159653
The players understood that they needed to stay focused for the rest of the game and we're heading out for the second half now. Great job in the first half, let's keep it going! That's pretty much what I told them in the changing rooms whilst of course mentioning complacency and how we should never even let complacency get to our heads.

Wow, just 4 minutes into this half and they’ve just hit the post after a great opportunity. I really hope they didn’t forget about complacency…

So we've had a couple of decent chances in this half but nothing too amazing, there’s about 3 minutes left in the game and we’re still comfortably leading so a great result for us which should really see the players’ morale boosted up!

View attachment 159652
View attachment 159650
View attachment 159649
Full time! What an amazing game for us! I’m so happy with this performance, I’ve honestly not seen us play that well since I took over. We might not have scored another goal in the second half but we were brilliant, Leicester had about one chance and we just completely dominated and always stayed in control of the game. 3-0 is a fantastic result and we’re now in solid 4th with our goal difference shooting right up to +8, the 4th best in the league. Dele Alli got the man of the match as well, his first of the season, which is really great to see and hopefully he’ll get even more in the future!

View attachment 159631
Another one. The team of the week. I don't really need to say anything about it, Dele's in the team and it makes sense considering his amazing performance against Leicester.

View attachment 159622
And thankfully for us, we have a long break now, or at least I do! The players are off on international duty and just like last time, I took some time to practice with the lads who stayed here and we watched the two England games and let's just say that there were goals!

View attachment 159612
View attachment 159608
Well then... Their game against Switzerland was a good one obviously since they won 2-1 but that game against San Marino, Jesus Christ! Imagine if Kane was in that side then! 14-0?!?! Just absolutely incredible performance from England but I don't want to talk about it too much because I just know it'll upset Harry.

View attachment 159603
So, last time we played them we got a 2-0 win, but that was at home. Norwich are somehow 6th so they're obviously doing something right and hopefully for us they won't play as well as they have been all season. Away from home we've not had as good form as we've had at home but we're definitely capable of winning today and the odds are with us which gives us a bit of confidence but does put us in a stressful situation.

View attachment 159598
View attachment 159597
View attachment 159594
We're up for a great game and hopefully the players will perform away from home. A couple of them are tired from international duty which is frustrating because we don't necessarily have good replacements for them but I think we should be fine for today. A few of the lads were quite motivated for the game but I mean it's not the biggest game of our season so far so most of them were a bit indifferent. I don't mind though as long as they perform on the pitch so let's get on with it.

Just 14 minutes in and Onomah (again!) slots it through to Harryyyyyyyyy Kane!!! and he obviously scores! 1-0 SPURS!!! Such a great start to the game again! We're unstoppable!!!

WOW! JUST WOW! WHAT ARE YOU EVEN DOING?!?!??! That basically was my reaction to us conceding STRAIGHT from kick-off and it's now 1-1.....

What.the.f. It's 2-1 NORWICH now... We somehow went 1-0 up and now are losing?! It's Redmond who scoes. The worst part is I actually scouted him to sign him in the transfer window. I can't believe this.

YES COME ON!!! Equaliser in the 40th minute!!! It's Dele Alli again!!! 2-2 just before half time!!! Get in boys!!!

****!!!!! They got another in... 45+1... Worst time to concede. I really just don't understand what's going on right now!!! How are we losing this game we've been all over them?!?!!!

I'm fuming at half time. We went 1-0 up and then just completely gave up and let them score two then we came back and conceded another one??!?!? What the heck is going on right now I mean what are the lads even doing???

View attachment 159573
Dier's coming on for Bentaleb and I'm switching to a 4-2-3-1. I can't afford to get a result like that against Norwich, DEFINITELY NOT. I just told the players straight, it's the only thing I could actually tell them. I really, really hope, for their sake, that they turn this around.

It's been over 20 minutes now since the start of the second half and we've done absolutely nothing to even try to get a goal. I'm EXTREMELY disappointed in this team right now.

Norwich get a red in the 79th minute! Timm Klose fouls Kane in the midfield and he's off, stupid foul from him and we now have a real chance of going for an equaliser!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!! 84 MINUTES IN!!!!!! Nacer Chadli finally scores his first of the season and might have just gotten us a point from this game!! What a goal and a great assist from Danny Rose who put in the perfect through ball for the Belgian who just smashed it in the top left corner!! What a goal!!! 3-3!!! The formation change paid off and also their red card helped a lot!

Full time, what a game! We went 1-0 up, they came back to lead 2-1, then we came back to make it 2-2 and they scored again in the first half to make it 3-2 and we managed to come back late on. We deserved more from the game I feel as we dominated a lot of the stats but fair enough, I'll take a draw considering our performance in the first half.

View attachment 159561
View attachment 159560
So even though I was really happy we managed to get a draw from this game, I'm really really unhappy about the performance as a whole. The 4-2-3-1 formation ended up saving us and I think I'll use it again in the next game to see how we do with this new tweaked version in the Europa League. The team we're playing is that Turkish team, I think they lost all their games so far so we'll definitely be favourites but will still have to be careful. Anyway, I want to put this game behind us now as we really didn't play that well but we're still 4th in the table, 4 points ahead of Everton who lost 3-2 to Leicester which makes everything much better for us. We're 4 points behind Manchester United in 3rd and 7 points behind Premier League leaders Arsenal (ew, painful) which is definitely not something I like to see so hopefully we'll perform in the next few league games and get some points and get closer to them because I really want to finish above the Gunners in the league this season! Our next two Premier League games are against Manchester City and Arsenal though, so we really, REALLY need to concentrate and work extra hard for the next month.

After a poor start you guys have come back with a vengeance!

Great to see Onomah doing really well; multiple goals and assists for an 18year old who is just new to the first team...hopefully he continues to progress. He could be a real star in a couple of seasons. Dier, Allli and Onomah in midfield in the not too distant future.

Keep it up!

Also, what skin are you using and the images? (the circle trimmed cutouts)

After a poor start you guys have come back with a vengeance!

Great to see Onomah doing really well; multiple goals and assists for an 18year old who is just new to the first team...hopefully he continues to progress. He could be a real star in a couple of seasons. Dier, Allli and Onomah in midfield in the not too distant future.

Keep it up!

Also, what skin are you using and the images? (the circle trimmed cutouts)
Thanks so much for following! :) Onomah has been absolutely immense indeed, and to think at the start of the season I wanted to play Mason ahead of him!
The skin is called the g2 fmskin you can type it on Google and it should show up on SI Forums first I think :)
As for the faces, it's called the Scope Megapack and you can find that on fmscout.com but note that the Tottenham faces will be different in the original pack because I customised them myself since I didn't like the original pictures :) hope this helps!

Thanks so much for following! :) Onomah has been absolutely immense indeed, and to think at the start of the season I wanted to play Mason ahead of him!
The skin is called the g2 fmskin you can type it on Google and it should show up on SI Forums first I think :)
As for the faces, it's called the Scope Megapack and you can find that on fmscout.com but note that the Tottenham faces will be different in the original pack because I customised them myself since I didn't like the original pictures :) hope this helps!

Awesome! Extremely tempted to start a spurs save with this skin and spend time making custom cutouts! haha.
Keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing how the team progresses.
Mind posting up a screenshot of Onomah...or if you are going to post his and other players with a story update at some point then that's cool, I can wait :)

Back