Storming Spurs to Glory

Hey, is this story still alive? Don't give up on the mighty spurs! :Pps. I know you're busy with your chairman game and such.
Thanks for your interest mate, the chairman game has taken a lot of time so far indeed plus I'm in the middle of final exams as well so that's not helping :( I've also tried to focus a bit on "The King of Rome" since I hadn't paid a lot of attention to it in a long time but expect this story to be back and running very soon :)

Thanks for your interest mate, the chairman game has taken a lot of time so far indeed plus I'm in the middle of final exams as well so that's not helping :( I've also tried to focus a bit on "The King of Rome" since I hadn't paid a lot of attention to it in a long time but expect this story to be back and running very soon :)

Haha Yeah it's cool, I know how much time they can take; I ran a chairman game for fm13,14 & 15..they take all your time, especially the transfer windows :P

Glad to hear though that you'll eventually kick this story off again :)

Good luck in the exams dude!

View attachment 151963
So, I'm back! I needed some time off after our draw with Leicester considering how unlucky we were in the game but I've come back better than ever now. We've got a big game against Newcastle today and as a little reminder, we're 8 points behind Arsenal after 23 games who are top of the league. We're second so for now we get Champions League football but at this rate, we're pushing for the title now.

View attachment 151962
Great demonstration of how well we've been doing this season. Twenty games unbeaten! It's an incredible run and you know what, it's not Newcastle who are going to end it.

View attachment 151961
View attachment 151960
View attachment 151959
View attachment 151958
Well then. Not exactly what I expected but after our pretty mediocre month, I couldn't actually ask for more. Not a single Spurs player or staff member anywhere on the awards this month. You know what, February just started and we're playing Newcastle so let's just focus on getting this month off to a good start!

View attachment 151957
View attachment 151956
Some more good news though, Eric and I talked and he seemed really happy here so when I asked him if he wanted a new contract, he just jumped on the occasion which is great. That's one of our brightest players secured for the next 4 years! Also, the FA Cup draw seems pretty good since we'll get Hull or Sunderland if we manage to beat Leicester. After our last game, I definitely want to win against the Foxes because they didn't deserve to even draw against us in my opinion but oh well, that can wait. Now, Premier League time!

View attachment 151955
We've got a lot of pressure to succeed for the rest of the season now as well, being the biggest spenders this transfer window. I think we'll be able to handle that kind of pressure but it's true that if our players don't play well after the amount we've spent, it could just look ridiculous but then again, under 30 million pounds is really not that much spent for a club fighting for the title now.

View attachment 151954
View attachment 151953
View attachment 151952
Alright then. The boys weren't too motivated by my team talk which is nothing new but at least they listened and got what I said into their heads. Newcastle are a good side and with that 4-1-2-2-1 formation, who knows what they'll be capable of on the field today. I wanted to drop Ousmane since Erik hasn't played THAT much lately and I think he deserves a chance for sure so let's just go out there and get a result. Playing at St. James' Park is always good, there's a great atmosphere. Not that I'd know since it's my first trip here but I remember when I watched Tottenham on TV and I remembered the ambiance at the stadium. Look at me now, managing the team I've supported for so long in England and hopefully go all the way. Let's not get too ahead of ourselves though and go and grab a win first!

Already a chance for them just 3 minutes in Jesus Christ! No idea how Doumbia got in behind our defence like that but we need to be more focused this is ridiculous.

Alright, came up with a 4-4-2 system just now to be able to change things up a bit. We've been doing alright since their first chance and dominating the game but I want a goal and I don't want us to concede so let's see how this works out.

What the **** is going on here?! 26 minutes in and they get a corner now after really careless defending from us, I really don't like what I'm seeing right now!

Oh my God wait we've picked the ball from our half and are running forward now for the counter-attack! Harry passes it to Erik who gives to Nacer who crosses it back in for Erik and he heads it past Krul!!! It's 1-0 SPURS!!! I knew the system change would pay off!! There we go!!! Come on boys, get in!!

We hit the post! What a chance for Erik after a great backheel from Christian and we almost found the net a second time, come on lads this is great!!!

Oh for God's sake come on!!!! We were so close to leading at half-time and some REALLY stupid defending from us costs us a goal again!!! It's 1-1 now with Wijnaldum equalising, really disappointed with that. They deserve nothing from this game at this point, NOTHING.

Half time then and that was really disappointing to be honest. We got our goal and then just sat back and waited until they scored. That's literally what it feels like.

View attachment 151951
I told the lads they were unlucky because to be honest, Newcastle have been pretty lucky out there but I'm changing systems again. The other day I worked with my assistant and we just came up with some new tactics in case things didn't go our way. I'm using a 4-1-4-1 we made up now and if we see that we dominate and Newcastle are really weak, we'll switch to a 4-4-1-1 which should fit the team perfectly. Anyway, let's just back into this game and do well because I will not accept anything other than a win today!

Okay then, 58 minutes in now and nothing's happened at all so I'm bringing on Mousa and Toby for Christian and Danny. They've not been great today and some fresh legs won't hurt, especially considering our new tactic doesn't exactly seem to be making us that much better right now.

Sixty six minutes in now and Joshua's coming on for Dele. I switched to the 4-4-1-1 to see how we do but at this point I'm expecting a draw, which isn't what we wanted at all considering Arsenal are drawing with Villa right now.

We get a corner now let's do something with this. Erik whips the ball in from the right and it's awful but Kyle tries a cross in after the clearance and it's blocked. He gets the ball back and crosses it far post to Nacer who heads it over Krul!!! It's in!!! It's 2-1 SPURS!!! YES!!! Finally we get the lead we deserve! Let's hope we keep this up now come on lads!!!

Just 10 minutes to hold on to our lead we can do this, Arsenal just took the lead against Villa but it doesn't matter, now we're playing to really get even further from 3rd as we can! We can win this, we deserve to and I know it!

Phew, full time it is then! I just congratulated all the lads as they came off the field but we didn't have time for a team talk since the bus was waiting and there's a lot of traffic to get to the airport so we had to leave as soon as possible. In the bus ride though I did tell them all that I was really proud and that this win takes us even further from Manchester United and despite still being behind Arsenal, we've been incredible this season so far.

View attachment 151949
View attachment 151950
We're now 8 points off Liverpool and 9 points off Manchester United, which is great news, but still 8 points behind Arsenal. Today was a great win for us and Nacer did REALLY well which makes me incredibly proud. I love this club so much! We're doing really well at the moment and I really hope it continues now, especially because we'll need it against West Brom for our next game. It's at the Lane so it should be better for us since the fans' support is SO helpful and amazing at home but we'll have to play well since they just beat Manchester United and will be buzzing about that. What a game, what a day, what a season. Come on you Spurs!!!

Nice result over Newcastle...makes me feel a little better after what happened to us on Sunday :'(

Back