Hey mate !

I started a new save with crystal palace and wanted to aks you which 4231 would be better ? The first or second version..and i have to take the normal OP ..not the new one right ?

Hey mate !

I started a new save with crystal palace and wanted to aks you which 4231 would be better ? The first or second version..and i have to take the normal OP ..not the new one right ?

I played palace with v1.
v1 is more stable.
v2 is more aggressive and will get more goals.
but I can't tell you what version you choose.
choice is yours. try both

hi all what PPM's would you suggest for this tactic?

I tried your tactic on my wolfsburg save and at first I was getting good results but then I started loosing to sides like hertha berlin (3-1) etc , also frankfurt..The tactics (4-2-3-1 1st and second version) lack stability...
My striker mario gomez doesnt score enough goals and often gets ****** ratings..(I also bought pratto and simular).
Usually team gets good possesion (though not as impressive as some other tactics i seen around (on your tactic =higher 50s% and 60% possesion is average) but does nothing with it and unable to capitalize on chances , woodwork is often hit..
I was around 3rd in the league although had a good start..Not impressed with your tactic .

What about traning and match preperation for 4231 v2 before and in the middle of the season. Do you have any advice ?

I tried your tactic on my wolfsburg save and at first I was getting good results but then I started loosing to sides like hertha berlin (3-1) etc , also frankfurt..The tactics (4-2-3-1 1st and second version) lack stability...
My striker mario gomez doesnt score enough goals and often gets ****** ratings..(I also bought pratto and simular).
Usually team gets good possesion (though not as impressive as some other tactics i seen around (on your tactic =higher 50s% and 60% possesion is average) but does nothing with it and unable to capitalize on chances , woodwork is often hit..
I was around 3rd in the league although had a good start..Not impressed with your tactic .

any tactic can't fit to all squads. definitely 4231 may be not for your team.
many other users said this 4231 tactic is awesome, destructive.
and you should consider that there are so many randomness in FM matches.

and see this link. Mr L Tactics -
v1 is 4th place among all the tactics.

What about traning and match preperation for 4231 v2 before and in the middle of the season. Do you have any advice ?

team training is same for almost tactics including from other users.

most used team training in middle of the season.

View attachment 116968

pre-season is same too.

fitness - high / match tactic

Why is that?they have great players for that formation..mario gomez is best advanced forward just as in your tactic , they good amc divadi(also draxler can play amc naturally but i use on wing)...gustavo is good for ball winning midfielder cm?IMO 4-2-3-1 is the best formation for wolfsburg or maybe 4-3-3 with wingers

I agree with your post. I'm also using Wolfsburg where 4-2-3-1 works like a charm. 1st season I finished 2nd thanks to Warlord tactic. Now I changed to Suk Sam 4-2-3-1 v2, and the friendlies games looks promising by far.

team training is same for almost tactics including from other users.

most used team training in middle of the season.

View attachment 1090196

pre-season is same too.

fitness - high / match tactic

I'm not sure if I get it right, co correct me if I'm wrong:
pre-season - fitness-hight / match prep: match tactic

d. season: balanced - average / match prep: def. positioning

Friendlies were fantastic for me on the first version (won every single one) but a bit into the season started loosing to **** sides and conceding sloppy goals..Also striker performing poorly

I'm not sure if I get it right, co correct me if I'm wrong:
pre-season - fitness-hight / match prep: match tactic

d. season: balanced - average / match prep: def. positioning

That's right.

Friendlies were fantastic for me on the first version (won every single one) but a bit into the season started loosing to **** sides and conceding sloppy goals..Also striker performing poorly

I found Gomez is quite "chimerical". In the first season I bought Diafra Sakho from West Ham for 11 m and he was my top scorer 1st season.

then, try other tactic. there are so so many players in FM, and their harmony isn't good always for all tactics.

Just your squad is not fit to my 4231.

Or just bad luck, or just your players bad performance without any reason.
yes. sometimes it happens.

This is what I always used to tell users who asked me the same thing you wrote.

Use this for whole season or try others, that's your choice

Last edited:
I have one more question regarding away matches and holding the result. Is there any tweaks for 4-2-3-1 to get it more defensive ?

Last edited:
On 4231 V2 whats best pre season training? and training during season? Also are there separate threads for all these tactics? Its quite confusing with everyone commenting on different one. :) Giving 4231 a go with Southampton.

On 4231 V2 whats best pre season training? and training during season? Also are there separate threads for all these tactics? Its quite confusing with everyone commenting on different one. :) Giving 4231 a go with Southampton.

check post 176

Any suggestions on good signings for 4231 tactic? I'm southampton 1st season and have 31m. Need a lb and forward but any position suggestions welcome. ty in advance :)