Summer Transfer Thread (Done deals and Rumours)

Lloyd said:
Saviola apparantly going to Arsenal for £4m, not toon army.

Depends on your source, mine Skysports, urs bbc or the paper they got it from.

No offence but this thread is awful, can't anybody post links to other websites where you are getting the information from or atleast give us something to read!

clackerbag said:
Cisse is on a season long loan to marseille

RAFA: LOAN MOVE GOOD FOR CISSE
Rafael Benitez today insisted Djibril Cisse will benefit from his season long loan at Marseille.
Cisse will spend this season with the French club and could sign a permanent deal at the end of the campaign if he proves his fitness after recovering from a broken leg.

The Liverpool manager insists the move is in Cisse's best interests and believes he will benefit from regular football once he returns to action.

He said: "We have an agreement with Marseille for Djibril to go on loan. It is a good move for him because he needs to play.

"He has had two bad injuries and it will suit him better to play in France. He's a nice boy and a good player but my idea was to look for a different kind of striker. We wish him well in France when he's back to full fitness."

source - liverpoolfc.tv

in my defence i was watching it on sky sports news at the time and bbc didn't have a link to it then.

Hearts are in negotiations with another club over the possible transfer of want-away midfielder Rudi Skacel, BBC Sport understands.

The Czech was an instant success after arriving last summer and Hearts exercised an option to make the loan from Marseille permanent.

Skacel still has two years left on his current Hearts contract.

But the 26-year-old failed to travel with the Edinburgh club on their pre-season tour of Austria.

He has told Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov he wants to leave and has been linked with a move to Championship outfit Southampton.

The Saints are now managed by George Burley, who was manager at Hearts when Skacel arrived at Tynecastle.

Source:BBC.co.uk/sport/football

New Rangers signing Jeremy Clement:
0,,5~2940073,00.jpg

Rangers have completed the signing of French midfielder Jeremy Clement from Lyon.

The 21-year-old, who was handed his professional debut during Paul Le Guen's period as manager at Stade Gerland, has agreed a three-year contract with the Club.

Jeremy, a French under-21 international who made over 30 first-team appearances for Lyon, said: "I am very happy to join Rangers and it is very exciting to play for Paul Le Guen again.

"He gave me my chance at Lyon and I am looking forward to renewing our relationship in Glasgow.

"I know Rangers are a massive club with so many passionate supporters and this is a good chance for me to develop as a player in a different environment."

Paul Le Guen, who has also recruited Czech Republic winger Libor Sionko, Swedish defender Karl Svensson, French goalkeeper Lionel Letizi plus promising young players Antoine Ponroy and William Stanger, added: "I worked with Jeremy at Lyon and he has a lot of quality.

"He is a young player with a lot of skill and his arrival will give us a balance in midfield. I am looking forward to working with him again."

Source: Rangers website

ive only heard him through fm , hes good on that though so he cant be bad :p

Man Utd are 'In the process' of signing Tomasz Kuszczak, hopefully he will be one of many becuase we have been non-existant so far in the transfer market. Hopefully Sir Alex is just waiting for the italian match fixing trial to end before he decides who he is going to buy. Hopefully Gattuso or Pirlo or Carrick.

Man Utd have been strongly linked with a loan deal for Vieira in the papers today.

Fergie Eyes Pat Loan Deal
United are considering a move to sign former Arsenal captain Patrick Vieira. Sir Alex Ferguson is a long-term admirer of the French international and made at least two attempts to sign him while he was with the Gunners. But with Juventus today expected to be relegated for their part in the match-fixing scandal in Italy, the chance of Vieira finally moving to Old Trafford has suddenly arisen again. A loan arrangement for Vieira has moved a step closer after the Italian giants revealed they have agreeed a strategy for coping with relegation.
Duncan Wright, Daily Star

Source:Manutd.com

Ha Ha the papers must be jizzing they can get away with linking any Juve or Ac player just now and if/when they get religated it will get worse.

dont really think he would go to utd anyway. but if he does, then he will be a good player for us, just what we are looking for.

Kris said:
Ha Ha the papers must be jizzing they can get away with linking any Juve or Ac player just now and if/when they get religated it will get worse.

Yeh I know, the papers can now just pick any player from the relegated sides and pick another good European team and say there is strong interest blah blah

Duno if Milan players will leave or not cos they have actually stayed in A,albeit with -15 points and no Euro football...maybe Kaka will go.

Hope we dont get Vieria,hes too old now,*****,and I hate him :D

Yeah you say KaKa will go but he did sign a long contract while the World Cup was on which must have been risky for him not knowing the fate of the club nxt season. I think it was a 5-year one but I am not sure, contracts dnt means much these days!

Well not if it's Real Madrid who want to buy you.

I doubt it, all the American players were bumming us before the game saying that a group of them went to an OF game last season.

Also say he did want us, Chelsea at least would also defitly come in and then who is he going to choose. Also Adu wouldnt come cheap

Adu said: "Celtic are the biggest in Scotland - bigger than Rangers.
:haha:

If the other clubs like Barca, Chelsea and Man Utd come in then Celtic would have no chance.

why are you laughing at the Celtic bigger than Rangers thing...its true!