Summer Transfer Thread (Done deals and Rumours)

Maybe the fact that Ragers finished below Celtic in the league.

and the fact we've won the European Cup, the fact we have a larger following, the fact we have a bigger stadium, the fact we are getting a state of the art training complex. the fact we can attract player like jiri jarosik whereas you sign unknowns who flop, the fact we won the elage, the fact our teams better...must i go on

WE have a 5-star rated stadium. Celtic have a 3-star

We have a state of the art training complex.

We can attract a manager like Paul Le Guen, Yes we are signing unknown players but Le Guen has done that in the past with players like Shabani Nonda, El Hadji Diouf & Michael Essien.

Celtic do have a bigger support because of the Irish connections.

Rangers Honours
:

European Cup Winners Cup

1971/72

Scottish League Championship (51 times)

Scottish Cup (31 times)

Scottish League Cup (24 times)

Celtic Honours:

European Cup
1966-67

Scottish League Champions (40 times)

Scottish Cup (33 times)

Scottish League Cup (13 times)

Last edited:
as Sean would say "sigh"

My mates always say, 50 titles, I mean big whoop, wanna fight about it? Its only Scotland, winning the SPL doesnt mean youve been particularly sucessful unless your non OF, I mean Celtic getting to UEFA final was far superior to Rangers winning the league.

Our stadium is 4 stars, and I heard it had been upgraded to 5 stars

Wow, look at all the youngsters its produced

Le Guen was a major coup though, jealous tbh. Also just becuase LeGuen has turned unknowns into stars before doesnt mean the Rangers players are, and I was refering more to your recent signings in terms of last few years, since you became a club that could offer the same in terms on financial as Celtic.

ok Gregor.

I think Rangers are bigger, u think Celtic are.

I will agree to disagree. :D

'Sam seeks starlet Gio' --- This is an article the NOTW today and it talks about Sam Allardyce wanting the new starlet of Argetinian football Leandro Gioda. Gioda is on Fm and is some peoples star buy as he has a value of 50k, havent really brought him that much, but did just now for hearts ------

Last edited:
Woo good side there Jamie Jnr :D

I think Rangers are a bigger club than Celtic tbh.

Celtic will do pash this season i can feel it, they have been **** poor all pre seasonand they have no decent strikers Kenny Millar haha

Magic, Beattie and Riordan are al lgood but will be ***** without a big man I fear

well he was fat but he was key and it was time to get rid, but we def need somoent o replace, I want Carlton Cole.

too late greg , hes at west ham , i guess you dont know as you would have said "i wanted"

just guessin :p

Rams in bid for Pearson

Derby County are prepared to splash out their largest transfer fee in almost five years to land midfield target Stephen Pearson. They have tabled a £600,000 bid for the Celtic player and face competition from Championship rivals Wolverhampton Wanderers and Crystal Palace.

But the Rams would be favourites to land the 23-year-old Scottish international should Celtic decide to cash in.

He any good Gregor? I don't follow SPL much so I don't know anything about him, Billy clearly rates him or he wouldn't front that much cash.

The First of many.
http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=403719&CPID=21&clid=128&lid=4161&title=Thuram+leads+the+Juve+exodus

Bit old now, would be quietly surprised if Barcelona were seriously interested.
And Wenger has ruled out move for saviola, and Valencia are chasing Del Horno.

and just found these
http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=403690&CPID=21&clid=128&lid=2&title=Buffon+wants+Italy+stay
http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=403747&CPID=21&clid=120&lid=&title=Pirlo+set+for+Milan+exit

and apparently Real are close to completing deals for Zambrotta and Cannavaro, and Tottenham are chasing Nedved.

Last edited:
Craven said:
Rams in bid for Pearson

Derby County are prepared to splash out their largest transfer fee in almost five years to land midfield target Stephen Pearson. They have tabled a £600,000 bid for the Celtic player and face competition from Championship rivals Wolverhampton Wanderers and Crystal Palace.

But the Rams would be favourites to land the 23-year-old Scottish international should Celtic decide to cash in.

He any good Gregor? I don't follow SPL much so I don't know anything about him, Billy clearly rates him or he wouldn't front that much cash.

I am sort of mixed about Pearson, AT times he is great and looks a good player but he has never really been that great for Celtic.

Man Utd's second bid for Thomasz Kuszczsak has been rejected and now I hear that they want 1 Utd player in exchange, 1 on-loan and cash. :yikes: Hes a good goalie but for what W.B.A want they are taking the mick. They are lucky we are only trying to get there keeper cause if we wanted to we would easily buy Curtis Davis aswell :p .

QPR have signed Polish striker Adam Czerkas on a one-year loan, if anyone cares :p

Celtic turned down the 600k bid from Derby for Pearson

I don't rate Emerson that much anymore but we all know of Cannavaro's talents and with Ruud more than likely on his way they will be a great team this coming season.

Yeh ive enver rated Emerson either, heard great things about him but every match ive seen him play he has been gash.

Cannavaro pwnz though