Summer Transfer Thread (Done deals and Rumours)

I think Madrid now could be challenging for the Champions League, with these new arrivals and last season's arrivals all settled in now. If these seasons transfer in's settle in well they will be challenging ttm.

Well Ashley Cole looks like he is going to be the last signing of the season for Chelsea if Del Horno leaves. When asked Mourinho said "Ashley Cole is a good player but we've been connected with every left-back in Europe." lol. Well hopefully Chelsea will try and ask Arsenal's permission before talking to him?

My pick of the action!

Barcelona have signed Thuram and Zambrotta. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/5201744.stm
They are going to be unstoppable next season i believe. What they lacked before was a quality wing back and now they have Zambrotta. Thuram will prob play in defence with Puyol, Marquez in the midfield probably.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=5416 Aussie Scott McDonald on the move?

Duff and Del Horno will leave from Mourinho
http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=5429
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/5199854.stm
and with that, Newcastle make a ten mill bid
http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=5431

Monaco After Yaya Toure?
http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=97250

Any links about that or are u just giving us some random info?

Todays paper talk:

Arsenal have rejected a £16.5m Chelsea bid for Ashley Cole - and want £25m for the England defender. (Times, Mirror)

The Gunners want Chelsea defender William Gallas in part-exchange for Cole but Blues boss Jose Mourinho will not let Gallas leave. (The Sun)

Liverpool have had a £6m bid accepted for Birmingham winger Jermaine Pennant. (Daily Mirror)

Portsmouth want Chelsea midfielder Geremi and are also willing to pay the £4m that Manchester City want for defender Sylvain Distin. (The Times)

West Ham boss Alan Pardew is lining up a bid for Newcastle winger James Milner. (Daily Mirror)

Paul Ince is waiting to find out if he has a future at Wolves. (The Sun)

Portsmouth and Bolton are both interested in Villarreal defender Juan Pablo Sorin who would cost £2m. (Times)

Pompey boss Harry Redknapp is also keen on Liverpool goalkeeper Scott Carson. (Daily Mirror)

And Redknapp has told the Portsmouth board to break the bank to keep contract rebel Lomano LuaLua. (The Sun)

Want-away Fulham midfielder Steed Malbranque is a £4m target for Reading. (The Sun, Daily Mirror)

Middlesbrough are set to launch a £2.5m bid for Blackburn's Brett Emerton but Fulham and West Ham are also keen on the Australian winger. (Daily Express)

Sunderland defender Julio Arca is on the verge of a £2m move to Middlesbrough. (Daily Mail)

Boro have offered midfielder Adam Johnson on loan as part of the deal for Arca. (The Times)

Inter Milan are close to completing the signing of Juventus midfielder Patrick Vieira for £8.9m. (The Guardian)

i think man utd better get their *** into gear and pull off some signings ******* sharpish, otherwise its going to be another **** season, seeing as we have been linked with about every DMC out there to replace keane, why havent he signed anyone!?!?!

Some sources say initial Pennant bid was rejected i.e. Goal.com but the current just about double 6.5 mill pounds accepted. That's is quite a big bid though Pennant would be a great signing.

Last edited:
I agree with you Trav, its about time we actually coughed up some money and got spending like everyone else, 'cos at the mo its looking to be a very **** season.

Trav said:
i think man utd better get their *** into gear and pull off some signings ******* sharpish, otherwise its going to be another **** season, seeing as we have been linked with about every DMC out there to replace keane, why havent he signed anyone!?!?!

Even more so now RVN is going to Real Madrid, looks like we aint getting Torred either :yuck:. Hopefully Rooney will not be relied upon as much as he was last season. Cannot see who we are going to get tho'??? :| Trying to draw positives before the season starts and all I can think of is that we dont have to go through qualifying for CL and that Gabby Heinze is back.

Anyways back to the subject and Frank Queudrue has signed for Fulham, dunno the fee yet?

Be around £2.5 million me thinks...better be anyway.

Huth on loan to us.
Distin bid lodged.

Carrick to be confirmed as £18m United buy

Tottenham are expected to confirm the sale of their England midfielder Michael Carrick to Manchester United in an £18million deal later on Friday.

Spurs, who rejected a bid of £10million from United earlier this summer, are understood to have accepted their increased offer for the player.

Reports suggest the deal to take Carrick to Old Trafford was finally completed early this morning and he is expected to be unveiled as a United player later today.

More news for Man United fans as Real seal deal for Dutch ace.

Real Madrid have confirmed the capture of Ruud van Nistelrooy, making him the club's third signing under new coach Fabio Capello.

The Manchester United striker travelled to undergo a medical, although the Old Trafford outfit claim the clubs are yet to agree a transfer fee.

Real now state van Nistelrooy has made the switch to La Liga, enabling him to join the likes of Ronaldo and Raul at El Bernabeu, with the player to be unveiled on Friday evening.

I think he could be a good signing. As great as they are madrids attackers aren't the greatest at finishing becks crosses. They score a fair amount from them but the amount of great crosses that go unfinished Ruud might be able to put away.

Grant said:
I think he could be a good signing. As great as they are madrids attackers aren't the greatest at finishing becks crosses. They score a fair amount from them but the amount of great crosses that go unfinished Ruud might be able to put away.

Might be able to put them away? The last season Ruud and Beckham played together, Ruud scored 44 goals :eek:

It's a shame that he has left :(

Yes but just wait a couple of days and most united fans will have turned their back on him. I just dont want Ronnie to be dropped though :(

Maricio Pinilla is on his way to Hearts on a year-long loan - Sky Sports News.