Sunderland 1-0 Manchester City

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 87
  • Views Views 4K
Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont think people are saying that your season is over etc but people infact love seeing you lose. the only thing you have taken from United is now being the side everyone wants to see lose lol

To be honest I'd rather see United lose, any day of the week. ;)

Just one of them days for City.

A lot of jealousy on this thread, pathetic.
I admit I'm jealous of what City have but I wouldnt hate them for it, not as a club. If you've got money you've got every right to spend it, if Pompey had the same financial backing I wouldnt have any problem with it so I'm not going to have a go at City for it either.

Everyone is so jealous of losing to Sunderland.
You know exactly what i mean, stop being a smartass. All this "You cant buy the title" Bullshit, Chelsea did exactly that and no one can deny it, they are now a top class side and the best in the premiership because of MONEY, yes money, Inter Milan won the champions league last year and most of those players cost MONEY, everytime Man City lose, theres gonna be all this "Mancini is ****" and "Money doesn't buy success" ****. You cant write a team off after one game, CTID

please do explain why people are jealous of you lossing to Sunderland?
I think you know what he means mate, about they're ability to spend as much money as they want on anyone.

I think you know what he means mate, about they're ability to spend as much money as they want on anyone.

i for one arent jealous towards them what so ever. i would love United to have the spending power they have but im not jealous. infact, in a way im glad they are trying to become a big teams, makes the manchester derby more important (and enjoyable when we win).

You know exactly what i mean, stop being a smartass. All this "You cant buy the title" Bullshit, Chelsea did exactly that and no one can deny it, they are now a top class side and the best in the premiership because of MONEY, yes money, Inter Milan won the champions league last year and most of those players cost MONEY, everytime Man City lose, theres gonna be all this "Mancini is ****" and "Money doesn't buy success" ****. You cant write a team off after one game, CTID
sorry, joe when spurs lost you came and typed **** team. you lost today, people are happy, deal it with. stop going round with a chip on your shoulder

You know exactly what i mean, dont act smart, who wouldnt love to be in our position, weve got owners who dont even care about splashing their hard earned money, by the end of their plan billions will have been put into the club, we have a squad that rivals most top clubs in the WORLD, yes the world, we have a proven manager who has won titles in Italy which in my opinion is the 2nd toughest league in Europe. though i dont like Steve Bruce, i respect him for admitting that he is jealous of our Money, hate these managers like Big Sam who say " Id rather build my team with no money". I believe he said that he wouldnt spend the money if they get taken over because " He doesnt want to end up like Man City". Were a club on the rise, all these comments just show the fear people have.

Max and Gibbard, respect your honest comments, not enough of you around this forum.

And ryan for the record, its Losing, not lossing

You know exactly what i mean, dont act smart, who wouldnt love to be in our position, weve got owners who dont even care about splashing their hard earned money, by the end of their plan billions will have been put into the club, we have a squad that rivals most top clubs in the WORLD, yes the world, we have a proven manager who has won titles in Italy which in my opinion is the 2nd toughest league in Europe. though i dont like Steve Bruce, i respect him for admitting that he is jealous of our Money, hate these managers like Big Sam who say " Id rather build my team with no money". I believe he said that he wouldnt spend the money if they get taken over because " He doesnt want to end up like Man City". Were a club on the rise, all these comments just show the fear people have.

Max and Gibbard, respect your honest comments, not enough of you around this forum.

thats what you get for going to school in Manchester ;)

to be fair, the same comments where going around when Chelsea did it. i personally would prefer to see a team get to where they are through HARD WORK (Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal) yes they spent big over the years but its money they have earned through sponsership deals, merchandise sales, success in competitions, not because a billionaire prince or a russian oil finder brought them out and i think a lot of people will agree with that.

lets stay on topic this, and talk about the game. not anything else to do with city

I use to respect you, but after that comment, i dont think i can.

Well it's obviously great that City have been beaten, the way Joe Hart was going I thought he wouldn't concede all season. Also for the people who have said "City have spent the money in one season where the top 4 have spent it over a number of seasons". There is a difference between spending money in order to create a team and turning good players into great players like the Top 4 have done compared to City's "we want all the best players NOW" technique

citys passing going forwards was pretty shoddy today, seemed too content to knock it about in midfield, like they were playing for the draw. sunderland were pretty direct as usual, trying to force the pace somewhat. city mainly controlled the tempo imo but didnt know what wanted to do with

I just find it funny how people seem to be just as worried about how City are doing as thier own team. Jealousy for you... ;)

this is certainly the case for a lot of people. few other teams would attract this much stick after one defeat

1 defeat... not the end of the world but....

yeeesssssss MAN CITY LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh yeah. because United have never lost games before have they?

you are jealous of them because you know they are now a genuine threat to united, in a few years they may well be the dominant force of England and im sure a few United fans feel they have to take the **** out of City now, while they are still a better club than them. im sure there were not platoons of United fans flocking to make a song and dance of every City defeat when they were in lower divisions, the fact that there are now shows United see City as a real rival

EDIT: just realised a few comments ago we were told not to go off topic anymore so apologies, i will not say anymore about this subject on this thread

Last edited:
I'll be looking forward to seeing this on MOTD later. Surprised by the result but I can't complain, City were getting too big for their boots.

If City want to challenge for the league/top four then they need to be picking up maximum points from these type of games, im sure they'll learn from this though.

I'll be looking forward to seeing this on MOTD later. Surprised by the result but I can't complain, City were getting too big for their boots.

If City want to challenge for the league/top four then they need to be picking up maximum points from these type of games, im sure they'll learn from this though.
from the parts i saw they were controlling the ball put seemingly playing for a draw, lots of sideways passing, but not of the probing side pass of last week, they have to be much more proactive.

Well good win from Sunderland... shame.

Am I the only neutral that wanted City to win? (6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back