Super Bowl 2011

ye I have an app on my ipod that I would look at on a monday morning to check the results and saw they went from having a decent record to losing multiple matches in a row and finishing 7-9.

i stopped lookin on the website after a while-got too depressing lol. was ridiculous.

Will catch the highlights. Not going to watch it live, because I'd just fall asleep.

I am into NFL, but I just usually watch the highlights, and be mesmorised by these superman runs, or bone-crunching tackles.

thats why i like to watch rugby ;) no body armour is also a bonus in rugby :D

thats why i like to watch rugby ;) no body armour is also a bonus in rugby :D

I used to played American Football for 2 teams, and I can tell you one thing I discovered-the armor isn't as great as people make out. And the helmet can be very dangerous-thats why tackling using the helmet is outlawed in the NFL

I used to played American Football for 2 teams, and I can tell you one thing I discovered-the armor isn't as great as people make out. And the helmet can be very dangerous-thats why tackling using the helmet is outlawed in the NFL

yeah i can accept that... but its not FLESH contact... its still there... it dulls the blows im sure... and i dont understand why they use helmets anyway lol... either way.. NFL is like a maths lesson to me... thats why i dont follow it :D

/off topic

one of the reasons i'm lookin forward to this years superbowl. They'res goin to be some VERY nasty hits, and I mean nasty-and thats why I'm goin for the Pittsburgh win.

I watched Steeler's history on Sky Sports 4 today, so I am now a fan of their team! I never understood NFL until now :D

Dont follow NFL I've never undrstood the rules. I should get into it though. Go Steelers!!!

Last edited:
Dont know much about American football but will be following Pittsburgh.

The good thing is, just before a Super Bowl, they normally have a beginners guide to understanding the game to make it easier to understand. A lot to learn agreed just before kickoff, but does pretty simplify some of the basics

The thing I really don't like about American football is how start stop it is. It's like 10 seconds of play and then a minute of stop as new tactics are used. and as with everything on tv in America TOO MANY ADVERTS!

don't follow nfl much but wanted the ravens to get through but the steelers knock them out so i going for the packers to win

The thing I really don't like about American football is how start stop it is. It's like 10 seconds of play and then a minute of stop as new tactics are used. and as with everything on tv in America TOO MANY ADVERTS!

true. On the plus side though, on this side of the pond, you may get to watch a re-run of a great play, or a proper bone-crunching tackle :)

i'll be cheering on green bay doubt the final will be as good as the last two though, they were awesome....

i'll be cheering on green bay doubt the final will be as good as the last two though, they were awesome....

lots of pundits like Aikman, Elway etc are saying it should be a real close ball game. I'm hopin for a repeat of the Titans v Rams final ,when it went right down to the very last play, and the Titans WR got stopped half a yard short of the goal line as the clock hit 0:00. Would love a repeat of that-was the best game I ever saw.

ill be watchin would prefer if the Patriots were playing though but it is supposed to snow which will make it a good game

ill be watchin would prefer if the Patriots were playing though but it is supposed to snow which will make it a good game
its in dome. just as well. workers got injured clearing ice of the stadium