Simmer down and pucker up
Reaction score
Green-Bay-Packers.jpg

vs.
pittsburgh-steelers-300x300.jpg
pittsburgh-steelers-300x300.jpg
Green-Bay-Packers.jpg

Super Bowl XLV
will be the 45th annual edition of the Super Bowl in American football, and the 41st annual championship game of the modern-era National Football League (NFL). The game, to be played on February 6, 2011, will pit the AFC champion Pittsburgh Steelers against the NFC champion Green Bay Packers to decide the NFL champion for the 2010 season.
The game will be held at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas, the first time that the Super Bowl will be held in the Dallas–Fort Worth area; and the third time it will be held in Texas (Houston was the host city to VIII and XXXVIII). Kickoff time is approximately 5:25pm CST (UTC-06). This will be the eighth appearance in the Super Bowl for the Steelers (who hold the record with six Super Bowl wins) and the fifth for the Packers (who hold the record with 12 overall NFL titles, including three Super Bowl wins and nine league titles prior to the Super Bowl-era). This will be the fourth time that two pre-expansion era (pre 1960) teams meet in the Super Bowl (XIV, XLI, and XLIII).
Theres a quick copy and paste thanks to Wikipedia

I dont really follow NFL but i like to watch the Super Bowl, anyone watching?

I'm supporting the Packers!

Last edited:
i wont be watching but a few chairleeders from there were the soccer am soccerates

Last edited:
Love the NFL and I shall indeen be watching this. I'm a Dolphins fan, so its been a crappy season.
going to go for the Steelers to win this, but they are missing their Pro-Bowl Centre, which will be a blow. However, they have a very, very tough defense. But at the same time, the Cheeseheads have the NFLs best quarterback. However, how he handles the occassion remains to be seen. But they also have a classy WR in Donald Driver. But this will be a very physical game, and there will be some great offensive plays, can see it happening.
It's going to be real close, so going for a scoreline of Pittsburgh 20 Green Bay 17 OT

Last edited:
Will catch the highlights. Not going to watch it live, because I'd just fall asleep.

I am into NFL, but I just usually watch the highlights, and be mesmorised by these superman runs, or bone-crunching tackles.

As a seahawks fan i am going for the packers. Steelers pwned us back in our last superbowl.

Never really understood American football but I guess my entire family will be glued to the teli to watch the super bowl

Black Eyed Peas are playing at HT arent they? They're terrible live..

Never really understood American football but I guess my entire family will be glued to the teli to watch the super bowl

Been watching NFL since 1990, and some of the officials calls I'll never understand lol

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

Black Eyed Peas are playing at HT arent they? They're terrible live..
They are yeah. Good time to make some munch lol

I hate both teams.

Guess Steelers though, due to the connections with the Eagles :)

my dad follows American football but I really find it quite boring (baseball all the way!) so I won't be watching. If it was Miami dolphins (team my dad supports) then I would be tempted

I like the Jets, was gutted when they got beat :(
But I'll back the Steelers, cos I like Mike Tomlin and Roethlesberger (sp?).

my dad follows American football but I really find it quite boring (baseball all the way!) so I won't be watching. If it was Miami dolphins (team my dad supports) then I would be tempted

I'm a dolphins fan for fair while now, and it's gonna be a long wait before the Fins make a Super Bowl lol

I'm a dolphins fan for fair while now, and it's gonna be a long wait before the Fins make a Super Bowl lol

ye I remember my dad saying they sucked majorly a couple years ago but have gotten slightly better since then but still not great. What was their record for this season btw? worse than last season right?

ye I remember my dad saying they sucked majorly a couple years ago but have gotten slightly better since then but still not great. What was their record for this season btw? worse than last season right?

yeah, pretty imploded to finish 7-9. Hurts a lot when the Jets finish on a much better record. REALLY hate the jets

What time is it (GMT)?

coverage starts at 22:55 gmt on BBC-but thats including pre-game show aswell. Unfortunately have to put up with Christina Aguelera doing the national anthem i think

yeah, pretty imploded to finish 7-9. Hurts a lot when the Jets finish on a much better record. REALLY hate the jets

ye I have an app on my ipod that I would look at on a monday morning to check the results and saw they went from having a decent record to losing multiple matches in a row and finishing 7-9.