Super Frank Lampard - A Managerial Adventure

View attachment 225074
Well I suppose that is what you get for letting the players have a celebratory late night. Lewis Cook grabbed a goal to continue his own personal good form but I think this game was done before it even started.

View attachment 225071
Just two games to go until the end of the season and we are two points clear at the top. The Championship title would be a great end to the season and we are going to be doing everything we can to bring it home.

View attachment 225054
That.. was close. Mirco Antenucci did brilliantly to score a brace and grab us a late win. Nottingham Forests equaliser through Nelson Oliviera was a heart stopping moment as a draw would have taken the title out of our own hands but we stay on track!

View attachment 225053
The title is going right to the wire. Wolves stole the win over Blackburn to secure their place in the Premier League next season and it was now going to be a straight shoot out between the two of us for the Championship title.

View attachment 225052

...As good as he is that is his fourth straight red card of the season...

Jonathan Silva did the same for me, I fined him twice for 2 weeks of wages and his discipline improved, no red cards since then.

Btw, every time a player of mine gets sent off, I fine them consistently for 2 weeks of wages and it works. Be consistent, that's the key.

Excellent story, keep it up! :)

Congrats for the promotion mate ! I am a United fan but I always loved Alan Smith and Mark Viduka when they played for Leeds !

View attachment 225037
So Ladies and Gentlemen, there you have it. The final table for the 2014/15 Sky Bet Championship. Ourselves and Wolves are automatically promoted to the Premier League while Bristol City Vs Derby County and Reading Vs Middlesbrough are the Playoff draws. At the other end of the table its misery for Charlton, Birmingham and Preston as they are relegated to League One. Some very poor performances from the likes of QPR, Nottingham Forest and Hull this year while you look at the likes of Bristol City and Bolton as overachieving.

View attachment 225035
Lewis Cook had a superb season for us and finishes second in the Average Rating rankings. Meanwhile Casper Sloth is officially the most creative player in the Championship as he tops the assist rankings.

View attachment 225006
Reading will be the team joining us in the top flight for the next season! Crystal Palace, Sunderland and Norwich are all relegated to the Championship.

View attachment 225005

Last edited:
The 9th of June.. which means..

View attachment 224982
As the transfer window opened we had a couple of pieces of business waiting to go through..

Out

View attachment 224981
Heading out of the club are Gieuseppe Bellusci and Mirco Antenucci who have both joined Reading in a £6.6 mil double deal. Bellusci was too much of a gamble to keep at the club having picked up an astonishing 5 red and 12 yellow cards in his 30 appearances. Antenucci is a decent striker but with new additions to come in he would have fallen well down the pecking order.

In

View attachment 224980
Tiago Ilori joins the club on a loan deal from Liverpool. The loan comes with a £2.2 million buy clause which seems more than reasonable. Ilori is still young and full of potential with bags of pace and a good eye for a tackle.

View attachment 224979
Callum McManaman has made his move to Elland Road on a four year contract for a deal worth £1.1 million. He fits the bill in terms of the type of player we are looking to attract. He is young, hungry and determined with good pace and dribbling ability.

It has been an absolutely mad summer in terms of transfers at Leeds. I started out with a plan of only wanting to change a few things around and somehow that has led to an almost entirely new starting 11. I think the previous transfer embargo has meant that a lot of players who wanted to leave the club have been sort of stored up and all gone at once, which means more replacements need to come in.. but anyway I digress, here are the transfers.

Out (Received £17.75 mil)

Giuseppe Bellusci - £4.5 mil
A good defender but a liability and a nightmare to manage. He had to leave the club for his own sake and we managed to get a decent price for him from Reading.

Mirco Antenucci - £2.1 mil
Reading solved our problem on this occasion as well, taking the unhappy striker away from the club. £2.1 million seemed a very reasonable price for the Italian.

Casper Sloth - £7.5 mil
Casper is a player I like a lot but Bournemouth offered us too much to turn down. He was only likely to be a rotation option as he was battling for a place in the side against the likes of Cook, Mowatt, Arteta and Dawson.

Chris Wood - £3.4 mil
Reading have seemed determined to buy our entire squad since their return to the Premier League and we are more than happy to oblige if they are players we dont really need at the club. A decent wad of money for Wood who is still young but with the arrival of Assombalonga and the good form of Doukara, was unlikely to get game time.

Lee Erwin - £275k
The young scottish striker was deemed surplus to requirements at Elland Road so was allowed to leave for a cut price sum to join St. Johnstone.

Chris Eagles - Released

Joseph Mills - Released

In (Spent £15.45 mil)

Britt Assombalonga - £7.5 mil + add ons.
By far our biggest transfer of the window and our marquee signing. Britt is a fabulous striker at the Championship level I feel is ready to make the step up. He has pace, power, technique and finishing ability and should lead the new look attacking line beautifully.

Demarai Gray - £4.2 mil
Demarai is a hugely talented young winger and didnt want to stay at Birmingham following their relegation to League One. Luckily we were on hand to help out and made a cut price deal to bring the young starlet to Elland Road. He will primarily be playing on the left hand side of the attack and be cutting in on his favoured right foot but he is capable of playing in several other positions as well.

Scott Dann - £1.7 mil
Our first signing from relegated Crystal Palace, Scott Dann brings experience and strength to the defensive line. He is still reasonably young and English and will instantly become the new club captain. A direct replacement for the departing Giuseppe Bellusci.

Callum McManaman - £1.1 mil
As mentioned before we took the opportunity to bring transfer listed Callum McManaman to the club. A determined winger with a wicked burst of pace and tricky feet, he could really help us unlock some of the more stubborn defences in the Premiership.

Mile Jedinak - £400k
Jedinak was not a happy bunny following Palaces relegation to the Championship and wanted out. We first heard about this through his agent who was agitating for a move and it just so happened we were in the market for a defensive midfielder. Huge experience and strength will hopefully tighten our defence this year.

Mikel Arteta - Free
Mikel joins on a free transfer after terminating his Arsenal contract by mutual consent. The deal involves a staff role as he takes the position of under 18's assistant manager and the fact that he is only on £5k a week is a huge bonus. Vastly experienced and classy player for free. Bargain.

Juan Vargas - Free
Joseph Mills made lots of noises about leaving the club until he was eventually released from his contract. Luckily this chappy appeared on a free. 31 years of age and still carrying decent pace he will be a great asset throughout the season at left back.

Adam Smith - £195k
After the departure of Berardi last season we needed a new right back to support Sam Byram. I didnt have huge confidence in Scott Wooton playing there at Premier League level so we needed a new face. Adam was transfer listed at Bournemouth following limited playing time so we agreed a deal for him to move the move here. Young and with good potential he is a great squad player.

Tiago Ilori - Loan (£2.2 buy option)
Ilori is another player that was mentioned previously. Joining on loan from Liverpool he adds pace and quality to the defence and already seems to be settling in quite nicely. A decent find from our scouting department.

Oriol Romeu - Loan
Romeu joins on loan from Southampton to provide some depth and cover for the midfield. Both strong and creative in equal measure with a decent eye for a pass, he could be an asset this season.

Last edited:
Tactically this season in the Premier League I wanted to put a little bit more emphasis on the defensive side of our game and be a little more responsible in the way we play. Out went the old 4-2-3-1 system and in came a much more fluid 4-3-3. Below you can see the new system and an idea of our best starting 11.

View attachment 224953

View attachment 224952
A thoroughly successful pre-season campaign saw us go undefeated and get some good wins. The result against Freiburg away from home was a particular highlight for me. Two goals conceded in five games show that the new system has certainly tightened us up defensively.

Key Players

View attachment 224951
Britt Assombalonga got his Leeds career under way in style, with 5 goals in his first 4 games. A brace in each of his first two games showed what a lethal finisher this lad can be, lets hope he can keep it up.

View attachment 224950
Tiago Ilori is a player who has made a big impact in the friendlies he has played in so far. Some very high ratings double with his impressive performances to earn him the right to start the season at centre back.

View attachment 224949
3 goals in 2 appearances for young Botaka is a really promising sign that he is in form. Has a lot to prove but I am wiling to give him the chance to step up and play at Premier League level where I am sure he can contribute.

View attachment 952589View attachment 224946
Before I start I would just like to give a shout out to xJamieWilliams whos Carragher story I have been following for a long time now. The new layout for games this season is inspired by your story, they say immitation is the greatest form of flattery so I hope you dont mind!:p .

A disappointing start to the season as we came up against fellow new boys Wolves in a continuation of last years promotion battle. It was actually a very close games in terms of possession and shots but Wolves just had that extra bit of quality on the day that saw them tuck their chances away. The silver lining is a debut goal from Assombalonga. Even though it was only a penalty it should still boost his confidence no end. Not the end of the world, 37 more games to go.

View attachment 224945
A couple more transfer deals to bring you up to date with.

View attachment 224944
We have managed to snap up 25 year old goalkeeper Andre Hansen from Rosenborg for a bargain fee of just £925k. This lad has the potential to be top class and finished his last season with an average rating of 7.58 from 19 appearances, keeping 8 clean sheets. He will have to earn his place from Silvestri but I have no problems with this lad taking the gloves if he is good enough.

View attachment 224941
The club has agreed a settlement with midfielder Luke Murphy and his contract has now officially been terminated by mutual consent. Luke had no first team future here at the club and this solution benefits all parties.

View attachment 224937
Ross Turnbull has also had his contract terminated by the club. The arrival of Hansen along with the presence of Silvestri makes his presence untenable at the club and this deal suits both parties.

Last edited:
View attachment 952620
View attachment 224933
Again, disappointing. We barely put up a fight. Its going to take us a while to find our feet in the Premiership and until then its a matter of damage control. Disappointing performances from Sam Byram, Scott Dann and Britt Assombalonga killed our impact in the game. You just cant afford so many big players failing to show up at once, I mean look at Chelsea in real life.

View attachment 952627
View attachment 224930
Thats much better! A return to our favoured 4-2-3-1 formation bought us a quite stunning victory, albeit against lesser opposition in the cup. Young AMC Chris Dawson was the star of the show as he walked away with the match ball as reward for his hatrick. Doukara got his first of the season and Gray scored his first for the club. Good times.

View attachment 952640View attachment 224921
Our first point back in the Premiership! the 4-2-3-1 is looking a lot more balanced and Lewis Cook is looking very elegant indeed in the AMC role. It was Cook who opened the scoring with a sweet finish but unfortunately we couldn't hold it for long. Still.. we learn and move on.

View attachment 224912
The table isn't looking overly pretty at the moment, but it means nothing at this early stage. No need to panic yet.

Last edited:
View attachment 952665
View attachment 224910
Heartbreak. We were absolutely fantastic, I couldn't have asked for anything more from the lads but we were denied in the last second by Narsingh. Real signs of promise as we look to move forward. Goals from Botaka and Gray on each of the wings show our threat. This match also awarded a debut to Andre Hansen in goal who did well.

View attachment 952672
View attachment 224906
Infuriating. Once again we cant hold onto a match. We had much more possession and more chances but just couldnt make anything stick and were punished for it late on with Callum Wilson grabbing the win for Bournemouth. We really need to improve before we are set adrift at the bottom of the table.

View attachment 952679View attachment 224904
What an amazing occasion in the Capital One Cup 3rd round, its just a shame that we couldnt offer the performance to match. A heavily rotated side fell woefully short of even putting up a fight as we could only muster two shots on goal in the whole match. Even worse news was Jordan Botaka picking up a serious injury as he strained his knee ligaments, he will be missing for the next two months which is a major blow. We are really needing that win right about now.