Super Frank Lampard - A Managerial Adventure

View attachment 953375

Lampard resigns from Leeds

View attachment 224610
Frank Lampard has today resigned his post as Manager of Leeds United Football Club with immediate effect. Lampard, 37, had been in charge of Leeds for the previous 18 months and guided them to the Championship title last year. Fortunes have not fared so well this year in the Premier League and Leeds currently find themselves sitting 19th in the table.

"I leave Elland Road with a heavy heart" Lampard said "I will always love the club and want to thank everybody here for the unforgettable experience. I only want what is best for the club and our performances this year have not been good enough and I just feel that my time at the club has come to a natural end"

Sky sources suggest that Lampard's job was under absolutely no pressure and that the decision to resign was entirely Lampards.

More to come..

What a surprise right?

It was genuinely the first job offer I got after becoming unemployed :p I didnt feel I could take Leeds any further and didnt want to drag them back down to the championship, which is what was happening. I was hoping for either the West Ham or Chelsea job, but both are doing really well and wasn't happening any time soon.

It was genuinely the first job offer I got after becoming unemployed :p I didnt feel I could take Leeds any further and didnt want to drag them back down to the championship, which is what was happening. I was hoping for either the West Ham or Chelsea job, but both are doing really well and wasn't happening any time soon.
Well at least you can try getting Liverpool back into the glory days then haha:D

OK. So my laptop switched off and the save file is now corrupt =/ I dunno why it keeps doing it. Anyway I have had to go back to a previous save which is while I am still unemployed and Rodgers hasnt been sacked as Liverpool manager this time. So I will be deleting the Liverpool posts and starting again from unemployed!

View attachment 954019
Lampard announced as Swansea boss

View attachment 224317
Frank Lampard has been announced as the new Swansea City manager after taking a short break from the game. Swansea currently find themselves in deep trouble and in 19th position in the Premier League and will hope that Lampard can turn their form around.

Lampard had a hugely successful 18 months in charge of his former club Leeds United before resigning following their poor Premier League form.

Swansea City chairman Huw Jenkins said that the appointment of Lampard, 37, was a 'Huge coup' for the Welsh club, and that they 'looked forward to the impact that Lampard would have on the training ground'.

View attachment 224316
So the Swansea City adventure begins! Swansea find themselves in pretty desperate times. Knocked out of both cups by Crawley Town and Bristol City, as well as being knocked out of the Europa League in the group stages it has not been a successful season for the swans. Couple that with our 19th place in the Premier League and we have some serious work to do.

View attachment 224315
The core of the squad here looks very good with some decent players scrapping for places in the side. Perhaps with a little motivation and a fresh tactic they will have enough to claw their way out of the relegation zone. Five points to make up in 10 games, should be do-able.

View attachment 224306
Andre Ayew is without a doubt the shining light of the squad. He is currently out injured for roughly the next two weeks but once he is fit the squad needs to be built around him. A wonderful player.

View attachment 224301
Jefferson Montero is another very good player. He favours exactly the same position as Ayew but hopefully he can be retrained to play effectively on the right. With Ayew and Montero on the wings with Nathan Dyer as rotation we will have plenty of pace.

View attachment 224292
I am extremely hopeful that Lord Voldemort himself can run our midfield playmaking efforts. Still only 24 and with a shed load of potential he could be a game changer.

Honourable mentions to Mathieu Flamini, who is the only player to average more than 7 this season for Swansea, Gylfi Sigurdsson who is always a threat and Ashley Williams the captain who is reliable as ever.

View attachment 224281

Last edited:
Swansea is an interesting move, I see their form slump all the time in-game.

Swansea is an interesting move, I see their form slump all the time in-game.

Yeah Swansea are a puzzling one when it comes to football manager. It's certainly a bit of a risk, as a relegation could really tarnish my name, but looking at the squad it looks decent! if I can just steer them to safety this year then there might be a chance of building something good.

View attachment 954099
View attachment 224280
Oh yes! what a start to life at the Liberty Stadium. Gylfi Sigurdsson was superb and set up with both goals on a silver platter. The first was a wonderful finish from Nathan Dyer as he dinked the ball over Ben Foster from an extremely tight angle. The 2nd was a wonderful volley from Mathieu Flamini from inside the penalty area from Gylfi's free kick. Couldnt have asked for any more from the lads, a real morale booster.

View attachment 954118
View attachment 224276
Another fantastic win! two in two! The beast that is Bafa Gomis had us ahead inside the first minute with a thumping header that gave the West Ham keeper no chance. From then on it was a case of soaking up pressure which the defence did superbly, led by Ashley Williams. In the 78th minute Montero drilled another cross across the penalty area and who else but Nathan Dyer was there to bundle it home for his 2nd in as many games. Just as I was starting to celebrate the win and a clean sheet the entire defence decided to stand still whilst defending a corner and let James Collins bundle home. A shame that we weren't able to keep the clean sheet, but the win makes that a moot point. Even better news is that Southampton thumped Wolves which brings us out of the relegation zone.

View attachment 224275

Last edited:
View attachment 954134View attachment 224267
We got absolutely steamrollered by Chelsea here. Pretty much our only attack of the game ended with Dwight Gayle (in for the injured Bafa Gomis) finishing brilliantly under Courtois for a consolation goal. We were never likely to get anything from this game so we just need to keep spirits up and prepare for the next.

View attachment 954138View attachment 224266
Ok.. so that one hurt. Montero gave us a great start with a well timed finish but from there it went downhill. Goals from Holebas and Deeney consigned us to defeat and a spot back in the relegation zone. It rankles a bit as we didnt deserve to lose this match but theres nothing we can do about it now.

I'm sure you will be able to keep Swansea up! Some quality players in that squad. :D

View attachment 954149View attachment 224262
A huge, vital win against my old club! Bafetimbi Gomis was the star of the show with a fantastic hatrick including two bullet headers. From 4-0 up we sort of collapsed a bit in the last 10 minutes and allowed Doukara and Assombalonga a goal each to make the scoreline slightly more flattering than it should have been. This relegation scrap is going to be tight!

View attachment 224261

View attachment 954156View attachment 224260
Gutted. This was a hugely pivotal match and could be massive in the survival waste. Bafa seems to be the only player up for this survival fight as he notches another two goals but the defence just fell apart. We suffered heavily for Fabianski being out injured (as he will be for the rest of the season). I really thought we had saved the match when Gomis equalised in the 25th minute but we then went on to concede two more.

With our remaining fixture list of Tottenham, Man City and Wolves we could be in deep trouble.

View attachment 954169View attachment 224257
And then this happened! we are right back in it! what a performance against Tottenham. A change of tactic saw us keep hold of the ball and retain possession to nullify their threat and it worked beautifully. We also managed to capitalise on our set pieces to score two good goals with our centre backs coming into their own. It was a bit dodgy at the end, but we held out and claimed three priceless points!!

View attachment 224256