Super Frank Lampard - A Managerial Adventure

View attachment 952716View attachment 224903
Well the positive news is that Assombalonga has his first goal from open play for the club and his first goal in five matches, the bad news is the bad luck is still ******* us. This time is was an unfortunate own goal for Tiago Ilori as a Reading cross hit him and deflected into our own goal. Again real signs of improvement but no finished article.

View attachment 224902
Ok, so us and Reading are the only two teams without a point at the moment, but then again compared to Arsenal we are not doing to badly!

Last edited:
View attachment 952720View attachment 224901
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!! Finally!! A fantastic effort from everybody as we finally get the result our play deserves!!! Chris Dawson ran the whole show from a deeper central midfield role behind Lewis Cook and Mcmanaman and Gray were both scoring goals from the wings again. A massive win for morale!

View attachment 952734
View attachment 224892
Perhaps a slightly harsh headline, I am exactly sure what result they were expecting but I am ready and willing to admit that was a poor display. We were 3-0 down by the time the 9th minute had started and it didnt really get any better from there. We got absolutely slaughtered out there, but although we are battered and bruised we will not be disheartened. The Premier League is a tough nut to crack, we just need to apply the right pressure.

View attachment 952745
View attachment 224887
Another brutal blow as we came from behind twice and still didnt get anything from the match! Sol Bamba had an absolute nightmare.. in fact all of the defence did, and that has been our problem all season. We definitely need a bit of a mix up so I think it might be try fiddling with the tactics again.

View attachment 952752
View attachment 224885
Much better! A stoic defensive display and some good counter attacks saw us do enough to hold Arsenal to a point at Elland Road. Lewis Cook was once again the man of the moment and scored a super goal to have us leading for a lot of the match. The talent is in there, finding it is the tricky bit. As with all good news this season it is hit with bad news. Chris Dawson who has been fantastic in the last few games is now going to be out for 2 months with torn ankle ligaments, he joins McManaman and Bokara on the injury list.

View attachment 224878
In the relegation zone, but we are still in touch which is the main thing. The board asked me attempt to avoid relegation which is exactly what we are doing! they must feel I am doing a half decent job as my job status is still very secure. It could be worse, poor Reading.

View attachment 952783
View attachment 224871
What a result. The boys worked their socks off to put in a defensive effort that I hadnt seen so far this season. Scott Dann was almost the villain y giving away the penalty that Liverpool equalised from, but he obviously felt bad as he charged straight up the other end and scored the goal to put us back in front! A vital win! four points against Arsenal and Liverpool in two games could be exactly the springboard we need to get our season going. The change before the Arsenal match was to push the defence higher and to close down more, playing a direct, counter attacking game and it seems to be working!

I am a very proud manager right now. We are going to do seriously well to keep hold of this lad as he is becoming too good for us very quickly.

View attachment 224864
View attachment 224863
Luckily I have managed to convince him to sign a new contract extension to see him at the club until 2020. His wages have leapt from 5k a week to 28k a week but he is so central to my plans that he is worth it. For somebody so passionate about the club, it is strange that he insisted on a £52 million release clause to Champions League clubs. Oh well, if we do lose him that is a **** of a lot of money.

Last edited:
Whao, this story has progressed so fast since I caught up yesterday! Well done on promotion and the win over Liverpool :)

Keep it up man.

View attachment 953135View attachment 224709
A closer match than the scoreline suggests, we took an early lead through Assombalonga but it didnt last long before Enner Valencia equalised with a close header. West Ham then took the lead just before half time with a wonder strike from Valencia. I could have had three keepers and it still would have gone in. At that point we were chasing the game and when we switched to overload near the end, we got punished on the counter. A decent effort, defeated by a quality performance from Valencia.

View attachment 953140
View attachment 224708
A great performance from the boys in a game that we perhaps should have won. Lewis Cook is just lethal at the moment and put us ahead but we couldnt hold out as Veloso's viscous volley rifled into the top corner. We need to be converting more chances to stay up.

View attachment 953229
View attachment 224666
Ok, so we weren't expecting anything from this game but it still hurt. A ridiculously one sided game was made worse by the sending off of Oriol Romeu who conceded a late penalty, and even worse the injury of Lewis Cook

View attachment 224665
This is a bitter bitter blow to our chances. His development was going really well and he has been by far the best player for us this season. With Chris Dawson already out injured for a lengthy amount of time, it might mean a change of tactics to something that doesn't use an AMC, perhaps a 442?

View attachment 953248
View attachment 224659
A really good performance considering the last minute tactical change to a 3 man midfield. Mile Jedinak was a rock in the middle of the park and broke up all of Swansea's play. Another point to add to the total but not enough to make a huge difference.

View attachment 224658
Just hovering above the relegation zone is not a good place to be, but it's still better than being in it. Need to start picking up some wins soon or we could be cut loose, we are already 5 points behind Wolves in 15th.

View attachment 953269
View attachment 224649
A poor display and result against a struggling Newcastle team. Jordan Botaka gave away what I thought was a really soft penalty but it doesnt matter, its done now. Dawson has resumed full training so a switch back to the preferred tactic will hopefully buy us that crucial win.

View attachment 224648
So this happened, and it was a really easy decision to turn them down. They are below us in the table with no transfer budget and overspending on wages. I feel that there is some unfinished business here at Leeds as we look to prove ourselves in the Premier League.

View attachment 953276
View attachment 224647
Assombalonga has really not worked out with just five goals in 18 appearances and two of those were penalties. It was time for Doukara to get his chance in the Prem. He took his chance as well, scoring a good finish late in the match but it still wasnt enough to get any points on the board, getting desperate now and our next two fixtures are Man City and Tottenham.

View attachment 953291View attachment 224641
Oh yes! what a performance on the counter attack against City. Demarai Gray was moved to the right wing to act as a winger as opposed to an inside forward on the left and he absolutely stole the show with both assists. Doukara scored a wonderful goal to add to Stuart Dallas' poachers effort to put this game beyond City's reach. A vital win.

View attachment 953309
View attachment 224636
Our nemesis strikes again. Federico Macheda was the thorn in our side and consistently broke our back line to threaten goal. A good goal from Doukara gave us a silver lining as he looks to be in good form, but other than that morale is extremely low.