Super Frank Lampard - A Managerial Adventure

View attachment 955954View attachment 223540
An amazing result against the champions. Kevin Mirallas got us off to a flyer with a great finish before Doumbia got his 2nd in as a many games by slotting him to put us 2-0 up. A mixture of wasteful Spurs finishing and some great defending from our lads then saw us home with the win and the clean sheet. Great stuff and a good start to the season.

View attachment 223539
While I stand by my belief that the table is meaningless at this early stage of the season, I am still very pleased that we are near the sharp end and already 4 points ahead of Liverpool. With the board asking for Europa League qualification this season it is quite likely that we will need to finish ahead of Liverpool to get one of those top places. You can also see that we have been handed a really tough Europa League draw and we will need to get a result against either Atletico or Besiktas to qualify from the group.

The bad news is that Romelu Lukaku has aggravated his injury and will be out for another two months, a big blow but Seido is doing well at the moment which can hopefully fill the void.

Last edited:
View attachment 955961View attachment 223538
When the result first happened I was disappointed with this result against Stoke, but with hindsight I think it was actually quite a good point. Outplayed entirely in the first half, I was forced to change things up a bit in the second, and saw an immediate improvement. Eventually we scored an excellent team goal with Barkley splaying it out to Baines on the left who put in a deep cross for Doumbia to head in, away from home at the Brittania? I'll take it.

View attachment 955972
View attachment 223533
A poor result against a stubborn Luzern side is a disappointing way to start our Europa League campaign. We started brilliant when first Viktor Fischer and then Gerard Deulofeu scored to put us two ahead, but Luzern came roaring back with a headed goal from a set piece and then a really good free kick. We will need to double our efforts if we are to progress in Europe.

View attachment 955975View attachment 223532
We absolutely thumped Crystal Palace there. We were 2-0 up inside 10 minutes with Baines and then Mirallas scoring good goals. Ross Barkley was running the entire game from midfield when he slipped Mirallas through for his 2nd of the game and 5th of the season and Gerard Deulofeu completed the rout with a long range effort. Jagielka was unfortunate to score an own goal and then James Wilson showed some quality. A good result that keeps us at the right end of the table.

View attachment 956270
View attachment 223411
So our form is insane right now! We managed to beat Atletico with some great goals from Doumbia and Deulofeu putting them to the sword. This now puts us top of our Europa League group but the only downside of the game is that Doumbia has now picked up an injury for two weeks so we are left with an out of position Fischer or youngster De Smet to take the striking role.

Hey,

Loving the story, keep it up! Just out of curiosity can I see Tieleman's profile? I know he's always got crazy good potential but I find his attributes grow very slowly, and it doesn't help that he seems to get injured every 5 minutes. That along with his shocking Stamina means he can only play once every 3 games or so for me!

Thanks and keep it up!

Any chance you can show your tactic mate so I can see what players are in certain positions

Hey,

Loving the story, keep it up! Just out of curiosity can I see Tieleman's profile? I know he's always got crazy good potential but I find his attributes grow very slowly, and it doesn't help that he seems to get injured every 5 minutes. That along with his shocking Stamina means he can only play once every 3 games or so for me!

Thanks and keep it up!

Here ya go bud

View attachment 223139

He is still very injury prone. I found that he performs brilliant in a deeper role, something like a roaming playmaker or a box to box.. he actually did alright as a ball winning midfielder on support duty as well!

Any chance you can show your tactic mate so I can see what players are in certain positions

View attachment 223135

Here ya go :)

View attachment 223134

Thats the tactic! the only thing I change is to go to push much further up and close down much more against the really big teams :) Cramp them for space, give them no time and then hit hard on the counter with accurate long range passes from Barkley and McCarthy for the pace of Deulofeu, Mirallas, Lukaku and Fischer :)

View attachment 957424View attachment 222938
A really good performance against a good Southampton side down on the south coast. We dominated possession and had plenty of good chances but Romagnoli was the only one to capitalise with a neat finish to give us the lead. Unfortunately we were unable to hold on with Florin Gardos capitalising on poor defending from a corner to head level. From there the game fizzled out somewhat but a good point.

View attachment 957436View attachment 222932
A trip back to my old club Swansea saw us denied the win by a late Sigurdsson penalty. How we did not win this match I will never know as we dominated both chances and possession and played beautifully. Seydou Doumbia made a return to the first team after his injury and set up Deulofeu to give us an early lead which was quickly snuffed out by a wondergoal from Denis Glushakov to bring Swansea level. Doumbia didnt make it back out for the 2nd half due to another injury problem and was replaced by Viktor Fischer up top who made an almost instant impact, breaking free and finishing calmly. We thought we had the game won from then on, but Phil Jagielka made a ridiculous tackle in the area to give Swansea the penalty that tied the game.

View attachment 957440View attachment 222931
Yet another fantastic result in the Europa League. After his impact goal against Swansea, Fischer got his chance up front and rewarded my decision instantly with a great goal off the inside of the post. Besiktas drew level shortly after and we went in at half time 1-1. In the 2nd half we were an absolutely different team as we walked all over them. First Deulofeu continued his immense form by dinking the keeper for a good finish and then Ramiro Funes Mori finished Besiktas off with a thumping header.

View attachment 222930

View attachment 957770View attachment 222794
Oh yes. A very good win against tough opposition in West Ham. A returning Romelu Lukaku scroed the only goal of the game as he made the most of a deflected Leighton Baines free kick and tapped into an empty net. The team are gelling really nicely at the moment and we are looking a top side.

View attachment 957774
View attachment 222793
Out of the Capital One Cup as Anthony Martial made a nuisance of himself all afternoon to give United the win. Romagnoli made a huge mistake early on with an underhit backpass which Martial ran on to and scored neatly to give them the lead. Lukaku soon had us level with an excellent stooping header at the far post and from then on it was a very close match. Eventually Martial scored a wonderful finish off the inside of the post late in the game to wrap the match up.

View attachment 957783View attachment 222791
Newly promoted Burnley put up a **** of a fight but couldnt do enough to prevent us grabbing a deserved win. Lukaku kept up his impressive form to put us ahead early on and then Leighton Baines doubled our lead from the spot after Smith brought down deulofeu in the area. We then gave Burnley a penalty of their own after Coleman made a rash tackle and Arfield confidently converted it to get Burnley back in the match. Kondogbia made it more comfortable with a close range tap in but Arfield got his second of the match to make it a tight finish, thankfully we held on and got three more points in the bag.

View attachment 957809
View attachment 222780
An almost perfect result against Besiktas. I love a good result like this, the Mourinho way. Do enough to win the game and then concentrate on the clean sheet, Besiktas were never in the tie. It took a while to make the breakthrough but Deulofeu finally managed it with a world class finish over the keeper and into the far top corner. Seydou Doumbia (Starting to give Lukaku a rest) wrapped it up nicely by breaking through the defence and slotting a neat finish past the keeper.

View attachment 222779
A great achievement from the lads which will only serve to further boost the momentum we are carrying. If we beat Atletico we will qualify top of the group which is something I am very keen for us to do.

View attachment 957826View attachment 222772
A boring 0-0 draw with Watford was probably more than we deserved as we struggled to hold off Watford for the entire match. Ross Barkley was rested for the match and it really showed as Ryan Ledson struggled to fill the void left by the playmaker.

View attachment 957841View attachment 222765
A truly ridiculous game that being honest, we didnt deserve to get anything from. The bad news in the build up to this game was that Lukaku had broken his arm on international duty with Belgium and would be out for another 5-6 weeks. This meant Doumbia took his place back in the starting line up. Things started horrifically as first Ozil and then Carrasco took advantage of our high line to put Arsenal two up. Doumbia grabbed a consolation just before half time but we were being outplayed. Our cause was not helped when Romagnoli got himself sent off in the 61st minute for a second bookable offence and it seemed the game was over. Substitue Viktor Fischer had other ideas however and made a crazy run up the right and sent in a cross from deep which Doumbia prodded home in the last minute of injury time to ****** the draw. Or not. Arsenal went straight from the kick off to swing a deep cross in which Ozil managed to scramble home. Not happy.

View attachment 957860
View attachment 222756
A dominant performance against Luzern who only managed one shot on goal for the entire game. Two goals for Doumbia and one for Deulofeu were enough to seal the 3-0 win. Atletico managed to beat Besiktas as well so we go into the last game of the group stage knowing that a win or draw will see us top the group.