Super Frank Lampard - A Managerial Adventure

View attachment 955383View attachment 223792
I am very happy that we got something out of this game. For all the world it looked like we would be losing two in a row but a late Youri Tielemans thunderbolt rescued a point, probably deservedly. Kouyate had scored West Hams opener from more than 30 yards with a rocket, but Gerard Deulofeu equalised almost instantly. Diafra Sakho then scored a good goal to leave us trailing right up until the final minutes of the game when Tielemans made his impact. Happy with this result as West Ham have become a force to be reckoned with.

View attachment 955390View attachment 223789
As an experiment I thought that we would change tactic to the formation that they are supposedly weakest against, the 4-4-2. Offensively it worked a treat, but defensively it left us wide open. Lukaku, Barkley and Deulofeu were all on the scoresheet, showing just how vital those big names are to the club but defensively we were woeful. Jagielka was too slow, coleman missed almost every tackle and Baines looked like a passenger, time to go back to the original tactic.

View attachment 955395View attachment 223788
We got the win and thats all that matters. We perhaps shaded the game in terms of chances as we sat deep and tried to hit them on the counter. The chance eventually fell to Kevin Mirallas fired home to capitalise on our solid defensive display. Into the semi-finals of the FA Cup where we will face Crystal Palace.

Last edited:
View attachment 955402View attachment 223787
Denied again at the very last second, I suppose it makes up for his stealing a late goal against West Ham. Once again we tried a more direct playing style on the counter attack and it was Romelu Lukaku who capitalised on a Newcastle mistake to put us ahead. We then locked down the defence and tried to see out the game but Patrick Bamford had other ideas. Very disappointed with this, we need to have another look at our defence.

View attachment 955455View attachment 223768
A fantastic game against Manchester United, it really was a joy to watch. We pushed high up the pitch and closed them down hard to try and surprise them and it worked a treat. Both of Uniteds goals came from well outside the area and it was Memphis who got their first, drilling into the top corner. Gerard Deulofeu brought us back level with a neat counter attack before adding his second in the second half, sending the home crowd wild. Luke Shaw was on top form however and blasted a curling shot from 30 yards right into the top corner of the net. Despite us putting some late pressure on them, the game finished level in what was probably a fair result.

View attachment 223762

View attachment 955500View attachment 223745
A devastating day out for our fans. Not only did we get thumped by bitter rivals Liverpool, Youri Tielemans got sent off and Ross Barkley picked up a serious injury that will see him out for 5 weeks. A bad day all around and one that is best consigned to the history books, time to move on.

View attachment 955504View attachment 223743
Much better! A Romelu Lukaku brace grabbed us victory at home against a struggling West Brom. It was actually quite a close match but we made the most of our chances and Lukaku adds to his growing reputation. This win could be huge for the team as I try to develop a winning mentality.

View attachment 955508View attachment 223742
A disappointing result against Southampton, who in all fairness are a top side in the league these days and currently sit 6th in the table. Leighton Baines scored our solitary goal but their strike force was too much for us on the day with Tadic in particular tearing us apart for a goal and two assists.

View attachment 955511View attachment 223741
One trip to Wembley leads to another trip! A fantastic performance in the FA Cup Semi Final saw us thump Crystal Palace and book our place in the final! A Baines penalty gave us the lead before Lukaku and Mirallas added to the tally. Unfortunately we were unable to keep a clean sheet as Lee Chung-Yong scored after some penalty area pin ball but today it doesnt matter! WE ARE GOING TO WEMBLEY! It is really funny how these things happen, some people would probably say it was fate, it doesnt matter, but the fact of the matter is.. our opponents at Wembley in the FA Cup final are...

View attachment 955513

Last edited:
View attachment 955516
View attachment 223740
What a game at the Emirates! We came with an all or nothing attitude and went at them from the first minute. The pace of Walcott and Sanchez struggled to cope with our high line and offside trap and it took them almost 80 minutes to make the breakthrough. Jagielka got over excited and brought down Cazorla in the penalty area, who graciously accepted the gift and put Arsenal ahead. We then proceeded to throw everything we had at Arsenal as I put another striker on and went 4-1-3-2 on overload, and it did the trick beautifully! Romelu Lukaku led the way as a battering ram and freed the way for Milik to score the equaliser, I then decided that we would go for the win and not settle for the draw and kept us on overload. Up popped Viktor Fischer in the last minutes to hammer a beauty of a shot across Szczesny and into the far corner of the net. 3 big points and a great win against 2nd place Arsenal. The only downside to the day was an injury that will put Deulofeu out for the rest of the season, but Ross Barkley has returned to full training.

View attachment 223739

Last edited:
View attachment 955522
View attachment 223738
OK, I cant lie.. that one hurt. On my trip back to the Liberty, we got absolutely slaughtered by my old team. They were 100% the better team for the entire match and a well worked team goal finished off by Lukaku was no consolation on a miserable day in Wales. Lets hope the cup final goes slightly better than that.

View attachment 955529View attachment 223735
A poor, unsuspecting Leicester team walked into Goodison Park like lambs to the slaughter as we took out our frustrations of the season on them. A staggering performance from the boys with goals for Atsu, Bained, Funes Mori, Lukaku, Barkley and McCarthy. Lukaku was definitely the standout performer with two goals and three assists to his name. What a day for Everton fans.

View attachment 955668View attachment 223670
We didnt deserve to lose this match at all but in football you dont always get what you deserve. Both of Bournemouths goals came from set pieces which is something that we are going to have to work on. Lukaku continued his lethal form by scoring our goal and for a while it looked like we might grab something from the game but it just wasnt to be.

View attachment 955674View attachment 223668
A disappointing end to the Premier League season as we got edged out by a good Chelsea side. Hazard scored the only goal of the game as we toiled and toiled but couldnt get anywhere.

View attachment 223667
Somehow.. Tottenham have won the Premier League. A disappointing season for Everton sees us finish in 13th, a far cry from where we should be in the table. The FA Cup final still offers us a chance to qualify for Europe and we must take it!

View attachment 223621
View attachment 223620
A fantastic win for both myself and the club as we lift the FA Cup!! We all feared the worst when Stevan Jovetic put Swansea ahead with a good header early on but from then on it was all us. Plenty of possession and shots on goal translated into two great goals finished off by Muhamed Besic and Christian Atsu.

View attachment 223619
The FA Cup win is Evertons first trophy since 1995 and also qualifies us for the Europa League. The good news just keeps rolling as well as Ross Barkley (who had been making some noises about leaving) declares himself happy to stay at the club now we have won some silverware. The board have also thrown their whole might behind me and have given me a hefty transfer kitty for the new season and promised I can keep 100% of any incoming transfer fees.

View attachment 223618

View attachment 223598
As usual, the transfer window started out with any unwanted or unhappy players leaving the club. We held firm with the likes of Lukaku, Barkley and Deulofeu all requesting to leave and having those requests denied. Arsenal were the main culprits who were determined to get hold of Lukaku and even made an offer of almost £50 million when add ons were included but that was also denied.

Out

Tom Cleverley - £7.5 mil - Watford
Eran Zahavi - £7.25 mil - Swansea
Aiden McGeady - £1.3 mil - Brentford
Arkadiusz Milik - £20 mil - Chelsea
Roman Burki - £6 mil - Ipswich
Sam Johnstone - Free - Huddersfield
Aaron Lennon - Released
Steven Naismith - Released
Gareth Barry - Retired

Once all these transfer funds were added to the pot we had a cool £72 million to spend. Looking at the squad we seemed ok on depth, especially with some promising youngsters stepping up to the first team again. What we really needed was some real, undeniable quality to try and take us to the next level.

In

Fraser Forster - £10.75 mil - Southampton
Geoffrey Kondogbia - £6.5 mil - PSG
Seydou Doumbia - £15 mil - Roma
Alessio Romagnoli - £40 mil - A.C Milan
Fabian Delph - Loan - Man City

Fraser Forster has joined the squad as first choice goalkeeper following the departure of Roman Burki. Kondogbia was unwanted and unhappy at PSG so we managed to get him on a cut price deal to challenge Besic for his first team role. Seydou Doumbia is a world class striker who is both strong and fast which will push Lukaku all the way where as Fabian Delph joins on loan just to add some more depth to the midfield.

By far the biggest signing we made was a club record £40 million deal for AC Milan centre half Alessio Romagnoli. At just 22 years of age he is already a huge talent and has been vastly successful in Milan for his former club. A lot of money, but worth
the risk.

View attachment 223590
View attachment 223589
Some other players to watch out for this year include some of our academy products.

View attachment 223588
Young Bozo Males looks to be an outstanding prospect. He is still extremely young but with the right training from his mentor Leighton Baines, he could be the perfect successor for the left back position. Just look at those physical stats.

View attachment 223586
Ryan Ledson is another youngster with a big future. Gareth Barry's retirement leaves a nice spot for him in the first team and I am looking forward to seeing how he gets on.

View attachment 223583

Last edited:
View attachment 223575
So Pre-Season went very well. Undefeated and with plenty of goals, the highlight being the televised win over Galatasary. Both Lukaku and Doumbia were amongst the goals and I think we can be hopeful of a good campaign.

View attachment 955869View attachment 223573
So we lost the Community Shield. Not a huge problem but perhaps a little disappointing considering the number of shots we had on goal.

View attachment 955908View attachment 223560
A fantastic start to our Premier League campaign as we completely and utterly outplayed Ipswich. The first two goals of the night were scored by our full backs, Seamus Coleman with the first goal before Leighton Baines curled in a free kick. Kevin Mirallas then had a superb second half scoring another two to give us a 4-0 win.

View attachment 955927View attachment 223554
We so almost caused an upset here. Seydou Doumbia got his first goal for the club as he stood in for the injured Lukaku. We created by far the better chances for the whole game but Hector Herrera scored with a deflected effort late on to deny us anything from the game. Promising signs though.