Super Ted's Adventure: A Teddy Sheringham Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
As everyone else has already said mate a cracking start...

As for the tactics you know what they say... if it aint broke, dont fix it!!!!!

Hope your run continues... (H)

As everyone else has already said mate a cracking start...

As for the tactics you know what they say... if it aint broke, dont fix it!!!!!

Hope your run continues... (H)

Thanks mate. Yeah I'm sticking with it for the moment, as it works best for players I have, but nice I have other options, whether with Racing or another team. :D

January 2013

150px-Racing_de_Santander_logo.svg.png

JEANDUPEUX JOINS RACING

Racing Santander Chairman Angel Lavin has appointed Daniel Jeandupeux as Director of Football. The 64 year old Suisse has joined on a 1 year deal and will be in charge of matters off the pitch, allowing Manager Teddy Sheringham to concentrate fully on team affairs. Angel Lavin told the clubs website.

" I'm delighted to announce Daniel Jeandupeux has joined our backroom team, where he will work
closely with Teddy Sheringham and I'm confident his appointment will help the club
reach our minimum target of reaching the play offs this season. "

We wish Daniel all the best with his new role at El Sardinero.

LIGA Adelante
Saturday 5th January 2013
El Sardinero

Racing (1 - 0) Ponferradina
Perez

Following the winter break, Racing continued there impressive start under the new regime.
After an all square 1st half, Racing opened the scoring through midfielder Oscar Perez in the
67th minute, when he pounced on a loose ball and slotted it into the corner of the net.

LIGA Adelante
Sunday 13th January 2013
Jose Rico Perez

Hercules (0 - 0) Racing

Racing dropped their first points under Teddy Sheringham, as both sides cancelled
each other out in a disappointing game.

LIGA Adelante
Sunday 20th January 2013
Estadio de Gran Canaria

Las Palmas (1 - 0) Racing

Racing's second game in a row without finding the net, as Sheringham experienced his
first defeat against a side just above them in the table.
Substitute Macauley Chrisantus scored the winner, after the Racing defence failed
to clear a corner.

LIGA Adelante
Sunday 27th January 2013
El Sardinero

Racing (1 - 0) Cordoba
Bocanegra

Back to winning ways for Racing tonight and against a Cordoba side 3rd in the table.
The 1st half ended goalless, as both sides wasted chances, but the deadlock was broken in the
78th minute, when defender Carlos Bocanegra headed home from close range.

View attachment 325138

Teddy: " A difficult month, but one again I can be pleased with. The players are still training hard and are starting to get to more familiar with the training methods myself and my coaching team have introduced.
I do have some slight concerns over the lack of possession and chances we have been creating lately, so I may be forced to change the style of our play if things continue. But for now, I will keep to the formation that has pulled us away from the drop zone.

January 2013

NO SIGNINGS FOR TEDDY!

images

Teddy Sheringham today declared he his happy with his current squad and has no intention on adding to it, as the deadline for the transfer window draws near. Speaking on the clubs official website, Sheringham added.

" I believe we have enough talent in the squad to make a playoff push, the lads
have been excellent since I've arrived and deserve the chance to show what they can do. "

Sheringham then went onto add that although he didn't see anyone coming in, there was one departure that would be leaving El Sardinero at the end of the season.

" Unfortunately we will be losing a player at the end of the current campaign.
Midfielder Marcos Gullon has agreed a pre-contract with Las Palmas. I did make Marcos an
offer of a new contract, but he declined. I have full faith that Marcos will still give 100% to the team
if and when he is selected. I wish him all the best for the future. "

Talk then turned to the start Sheringham has made as manager and the upcoming derby game versus Sporting.

" I couldn't of wished for a better start in the month and a half I've been in charge, but
I know there is still along way to go and if we don't carry on this form, the excellent start will be
forgotten.
I've been involved in lots of huge derby games, so I know how much importance is placed
on the game on Saturday night and I hope we can give the fans the result they want. "

Teddy has won 7 of the 9 games he has been in charge of so far this season, drawing 1 and losing 1 in the process, giving him a win percentage of 77%. Racing have scored 13 and conceded 2 in Sheringham's short reign.

yes sorry about that just had a look and it was not ticked all sorted now so who is it you work for

No probs mate. I work for a club down in Hampshire, won't say the name in here, but will message you and let you know. :)

dame mate well done all your story draw me in keep it up

Glad your doing so well, Hows Bocanegra doing ? I'm a Rangers fan hoping he'll come back to us next season but I doubt it! Do you play AMC or DM's ? you should look at 2 of my fav signings, Rainford Kalaba & Simao (Mozambique DM I believe)

Glad your doing so well, Hows Bocanegra doing ? I'm a Rangers fan hoping he'll come back to us next season but I doubt it! Do you play AMC or DM's ? you should look at 2 of my fav signings, Rainford Kalaba & Simao (Mozambique DM I believe)

Will check those 2 players out. Bocanegra is doing well, though has taken up a huge chunk of my wage budget, my friend used to date him, met him once, seems a nice guy!
Yup doing well at the mo. Playing with DMs and seems to be doing ok, fingers crossed. (H)

February 2013

LIGA Adelante
Saturday 2nd February 2013
El Molinon

Sporting (1 - 2) Racing
Juanmi(2)

Racing pulled of a fantastic away win, as they beat in-form Sporting.
Juanmi was the main man, as he grabbed a brace to keep up his fine goal scoring form.

LIGA Adelante
Sunday 10th February 2013
El Sardinero

Racing (2 - 1) Huesca
Bocanegra, Juanmi

Racing's rise up the table continued today, with yet another win.
Centre back Carlos Bocanegra headed the home side in front in the 27th minute.
Into the 2nd half and the visitors were reduced to 10 men, when Camacho was shown his 2nd
yellow card. Racing doubled their lead from the penalty spot, when Juanmi sent the keeper the
wrong way from 12 yards. Huesca hit back immediately when Luis Helguera scored from
close range and despite a nervy end to the game, Racing held on.

LIGA Adelante
Sunday 17th February 2013
Nuevo Colombino

Recreativo (0 - 1) Racing
Juanmi

A nervous game tonight, but Racing came away the happier of the 2 sides.
With the hosts being pulled into a relegation battle and Racing looking to sneak into
the play offs, it was little wonder the 1st half was a tense affair,
Mid-way through the 2nd half, Racing were awarded a penalty, but the usually reliable Juanmi
missed from the spot in the 60th minute.
It was however Juanmi who broke the deadlock, when he volleyed home from inside the area.

LIGA Adelante
Sunday 24th February 2013
El Sardinero

Racing (0 - 2) Mirandes

A surprise loss at home, as Teddy Sheringham experienced only his 2nd defeat in charge.
Racing could've moved into the play off positions with a win today, but were out classed
by a spirited Mirandes side.

View attachment 325281

Teddy: " A very disappointing way to end the month, especially with what was at stake. If we are to get into the play offs and extended our season, we need to start to beat sides below us in the league, with no disrespect to Mirandes, with the talent we have in our squad, we should be winning those games.
On the flip side, again we showed we can beat the teams challenging for promotion, which the players can take alot of confidence from, as we enter the latter stages of the season. "

More updates later when I get back from family visit. It's getting close for a play off push!! :S

March 2013

LIGA Adelante
Saturday 2nd March 2013
Nuevo Los Pajaritos

Numancia (0 - 0) Racing

A bore draw today, as neither side could fashion a decent effort on goal.

LIGA Adelante
Saturday 9th March 2013
El Sardinero

Racing (2 - 0) Murcia
Dani Bautista, Jairo

Teddy's side got back to winnings ways after only 1 point from 6 in Racing's last 2 games.
Dani Bautista scored a lovely free kick deep into 1st half injury time to send Los Racinguitas
1 up at the break. The clinching goal came in injury time of the 2nd half, as young right winger
Jairo capitalised on a keeper error and scored his 1st of the season.

LIGA Adelante
Sunday 17th March 2013
El Sardinero

Racing (0 - 0) Xerez

Another game where Racing were held to a nil nil draw, this time against a Xerez side
that were languishing near the foot of the table.

LIGA Adelante
Sunday 24th March 2013
Angel Carro

Lugo (1 - 0) Racing

Lugo upset the odds on a wet, breezy night, as they held on to beat an out of sorts Racing side.
Despite their sheer dominance in front of goal, racing couldn't find a break through and the missed
chances proved costly, as the home side snatched the win early in the 2nd half.

LIGA Adelante
Sunday 31st March 2013
El Sardinero

Racing (1 - 0) Elche
Quini

Sheringham went with a new formation to try and get a response to his sides recent
indifferent form, though they claimed the 3 points with a goal from Quini in the 47th minute,
Racing look a shadow of the side that had been performing so well when Teddy took over.

View attachment 325453

things have slowed down a bit but still looking good well done keep it up

Status
Not open for further replies.