Super Ted's Adventure: A Teddy Sheringham Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was not having a go just seem thay nere offer you a new deal the twats

I know mate. :). They have offered me a contract, I've delayed decision. By adding a post, questioning if they have, keeps everyone guessing and interested, hehe. (H)

I know mate. :). They have offered me a contract, I've delayed decision. By adding a post, questioning if they have, keeps everyone guessing and interested, hehe. (H)

i see very good story telling keep it up

June 2013

150px-Racing_de_Santander_logo.svg.png

LIGA Adelante - Playoff Semi Final 1st Leg
Wednesday 12th June 2013
Nuevo Arcangel

images

Cordoba (1 - 0) Racing

Cordoba took full control of the game in front of their home support and will now
go into the 2nd leg with a goal advantage and full of confidence.

LIGA Adelante - Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg
Sunday 16th June 2013
El Sardinero

images

Racing (2 - 0) Cordoba
Racing win 2 - 1 on aggregate
Juanmi, Jairo

An amazing turn around tonight, as Racing came from behind to book their
place in the playoff final.
Leading scorer Juanmi, put the hosts in front and level on aggregate, when he smashed the
ball home, after the keeper had parried a long range effort. But the goal of the night and what
proved to be the winner was scored by Jairo in the 78th minute. He picked the ball up
midway inside the Cordoba half and ran past 5 players, before calmly lifting the ball over the
advancing keeper to send Racing into the final.

Teddy:
" An amazing comeback and just shows what character we have in the squad. I'm not only pleased for the players, but also the fans, they have travelled all over with us and never stopped singing and supporting us since the day I took over. "

June 2013

150px-Racing_de_Santander_logo.svg.png

LIGA Adelante - Playoff Final 1st Leg
Wednesday 19th June 2013
El Sardinero

images

Racing (0 - 0) Huesca

A very nervous game, as both sides were reluctant to take risks in the fear of
conceding a goal to give them the edge in the 2nd leg.
Racing left winger Julian Luque left the pitch injured with a damaged knee cap and
will be a doubt for the return leg.

TWENTE APPROACH SHERINGHAM!!

165px-FC_Twente.svg.png

Dutch newspapers today are reporting that FC Twente Chairman Joop Munsterman, was in Spain last night at the LIGA Adelante Playoff final 1st leg amidst rumours he is lining up Racing Manager Teddy Sheringham.

Following Steve McClaren's decision to join Eredivisie rivals Ajax, despite leading FC Twente to the league title, Munsterman is keen on bringing in another Englishman to Grolsch Veste.

With speculation mounting, it will be interesting to see if Sheringham,who has yet to sign a new deal at Racingdespite his contract running out in a few weeks, will be tempted to join a side who has qualified for the Champions League after being crowned champions.

LIGA Adelante - Playoff Final 2nd Leg
Sunday 23rd June 2013
El Alcoraz

images

Huesca (0 - 1) Racing
Racing win 1 - 0 on aggregate and win promotion to LIGA BBVA
Oscar Perez

It was another tense affair, as both sides opted for a cautious approach to the game,
so it was no surprise that it was nil nil at half time.
It was more of the same in the 2nd half, as both sides failed to create a decent effort on goal. With the
game heading towards extra time, Oscar Perez dispossesed the Huesca centre back inside the area and
then unleashed an unstoppable drive into the roof of the net, giving the keeper no chance.

View attachment 325624

Teddy: " To end the season this way is such an amazing feeling. The players, backroom staff and the fans deserve all the credit with everything they have put in during my 7 months in charge.
To lose only 5 games and have the best defensive recored in the league is quite something taking into account where we were when I first arrived.
I'm delighted to have taken the club back to LIGA BBVA at the first time of asking, since their relegation from there last year and I'm sure the fans will cherish this moment for a long time.
I will sit down with the Chairman over the next couple of days and discuss my future with him, but for now I would like to celebrate promotion with my team. "

Next installments tomorrow. Decision has been made about Teddy's future. I'll leave you guys to ponder what!! (H)

Cheers for the comments so far, hope you are enjoying it as much, as I'm enjoying the save and writing for you. :)

Just read all 7 pages of this! Fantastic story! Well done mate, think Teddy should stay!

Interesting stuff, I've noticed with Fm sometimes its worth sticking with the team you've created than to change but its a big opportunity.

165px-FC_Twente.svg.png

30th June 2013

FC TWENTE APPOINT SHERINGHAM

images

Dutch Eredivisie Champions FC Twente have appointed former Racing Santander manager Teddy Sheringham as the man to replace Ajax bound Steve McClaren.

Reports towards the latter stages of the week had suggested Twente Chairman Joop Munsterman, was in attendance for Racing's LIGA Adelante Playoff Final game versus Huesca on Sunday evening to begin talks about bringing the Ex-Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur striker to Grolsch Veste.

Despite winning the Dutch league title with FC Twente, Steve McClaren left to join Ajax, after their Manager Frank De Boer was appointed Manager of Sevilla. This lead to Joop Munsterman acting swiftly to appoint Sheringham on a 1 year contract, worth a reported £8,ooo per week.

Sheringham, who recently led Racing back to LIGA BBVA, had early stated in an interview conducted after the Playoff Final, that he would discuss his future further with Racing Chairman Angel Lavin.

After today's announcement, Sheringham broke his silence in an exclusive statement on the FC Twente website explaining his decision.

" Before I talk about FC Twente, I first of all want to thank the players, staff and fans of Racing who made
my time there very enjoyable and I hope they understand my decision to leave. When I took over at Racing they
were 20th in LIGA Adelante and facing a second relegation in a row, but in the 7 months I was in charge
we turned it around and the team are in a far better state on the pitch and the fans can look forward to
another season in the Spanish top flight. Unfortunately to have a successful season in LIGA BBVA, we would've
needed to bring in 4 or 5 quality players and due to the financial difficulties off the pitch, it would not
of been possible for me to achieve what I wanted too with such limited funds , which is why I had to make the tough
decision to leavethe club, that gave me my first managerial role and is a club that I will never forget.

I was approached by Joop Munsterman, the chairman of FC Twente, the night before the 2nd leg of the
playoff final against Huesca, but I declined to speak to him until after the game had finished.
After speaking with Mr Munsterman and the prospect of being involved in the Champions League it
was quite an easy decision to make. I have funds available to improve the squad if I wish and after speaking
with the current backroom staff, most will be staying here to help me settle in further.

Finally, some have been asking about why I've only signed a 1 year deal, well the answer to that is
I don't know what the future holds for me, by agreeing to a 1 year deal it is flexible for both myself and
the club, should we ever go our seperate ways.

Thank you for your time and I'm looking forward to hopefully a successful season here in Holland. "

Though he has only managed for 7 months, Sheringham does boast some impressive stats as a manager, winning 20 games out of 32, drawing 6 and losing only 6 and in the process scoring 37 and conceding a paltry 13 goals. Sheringham currently has a win percentage of 62% and the Twente fans will be hoping he can continue the recent success they have experienced.

Last edited:
Interesting stuff, I've noticed with Fm sometimes its worth sticking with the team you've created than to change but its a big opportunity.

Yeah I know, but as you've said it's a pretty big opportunity, plus the risk I have is the better players at Racing are on loan and I won't be able to bring them back, due to shocking financial problems. :)

Had so many good saves and stories on this forum and I'm back and may get back into writing myself. However after reading through these seven pages I realised how far everyone is coming! Fantastic story this far mate!

Had so many good saves and stories on this forum and I'm back and may get back into writing myself. However after reading through these seven pages I realised how far everyone is coming! Fantastic story this far mate!

Wow, thanks mate, appreciate those words. Good to have you back and be nice to follow another story, when you do one. :)

Any time, really interesting story :) May start one up tomorrow morning so keep an eye out :)

Really good story reading this putting mine to shame at mo :) good luck with twente

Really good story reading this putting mine to shame at mo :) good luck with twente

Thanks mate, feel free to use any of my ideas if it can help in anyway. Yours is good, the more stories you do and read on here always helps you improve. :)

Good luck with your new chapter, Bright side is you will get CL football and the rep to bring players in will be better. Will you be taking any Racing players with you ?

****** **** nice move you had more clubs than tiger woods keep up the good work

Status
Not open for further replies.