Reaction score
SUPER TED's ADVENTURE:
A TEDDY SHERINGHAM STORY
(by STREAKY25)

images

Ben Shepherd: " Good Morning and welcome to Goals on Sunday. We have a terrific
show for you today and we are also in the company of this man "

*** Footage being shown of Teddy Sheringham ***

Chris Kamara: "Yes, that's right, former Man Utd, Spurs and England star Teddy Sheringham
joins us on the sofa. "

Teddy: " Morning Ben and Kammy
."

Chris Kamara: " Thanks for joining us Ted. So what have you been upto since hanging
up your boots? "

Teddy: " Well, since I left Colchester United about 5 years ago, I've been on the Poker circuit playing
in various tournaments across the world, bringing in some winnings here and there.
Keeping an eye on my son Charlie'sfuture and I've just begun working towards my coaching badges."

Ben Shepherd: " I saw recently you finished 5th out of 384 players in a tournament in Vilanova? So a handy
Poker player you must be, but surely with that cheeky grin you have, it must've been difficult to keep a
straight face during games? "

Teddy: " Haha, not that hard Ben. Yes, it was nice to do well, but I always said that after the No Limit Hold'em
event I would stop and look to try my hand at something else! Haha. "

Chris Kamara: " You said you are currently taking your coaching badges, so is this the next step
for you then, into Management? "

Teddy: " I'm hoping so, even though I've been away from the game, I've been lucky enough to have been
coached by some of the best in the buisness, Brian Clough at Forest, Sir Alex at United and of course Terry Venables
at England.
I've been across some countries in Europe and here, England, watching a few coaches and their
techniques and building up my knowledge with new ideas, to hopefully help me become a top manager too. "

Ben Shepherd: "As you say you've been to other countries, so would that interest you coaching in Europe? "

Teddy: " Of course, it would be silly to focus on 1 country. I know I have to work my way up to the top, but
I've challenged the best poker players and know I'm ready for this next challenge. "

Chris Kamara: " Well, you were very clever on the pitch and with your footballing brain I'm sure there
will be a Chairman out there willing to get you back into the game. "

Teddy: " Cheers Kammy. "

Ben Shepherd: " I know it's early days and you are just finishing off your coaching license's, but have
you has any offers? "

Teddy: " I've had a couple, but I want to complete my Pro License and then make sure my first job is
right for me. "

Chris Kamara: "Finally Teddy, in your book there's no getting away from the relationship you built up with
Terry Venables. Has he helped? And would International Management interest you? "

Teddy: " Me and Terry have been chatting and he's one of the reasons I want to take this step into management.
He's told me a few things and I've learnt lots from him, when I was a player.
As for International Management, if the opportunity arises, then I'd definately look at. But for now I want
to take it one step at a time. "

Ben Shepherd: Thanks to Teddy there and I'm sure we'll see him in a dugout soon. Right, next
all the goals from Npower League One and Two........"

Hi Guys, This is my new story and one I'm really excited about writing. Teddy Sheringham was my idol when I was growing up and still is my favourite player, especially when he played for Spurs.
My recent stories have been about myself as a manager and my next long term save will be, but before I embark on that, I wanted to write a new story that was a little different. And after reading Ze Carlos and AldoKemp-1's stories about ex-players getting into management, it gave me this idea.
I've loaded up the English, French, German, Dutch and Spanish leagues, so Teddy's adventure could take him anywhere through those countries to make him have a long and successful managerial career(I hope). I'm also starting Unemployed and have set experience to Professional Footballer, as I wanted to make it as realistic as possible(I know Teddy played many times for England, but felt International Footballer, would be a bit too easy to get big jobs.). I'm using just the normal official database too.
Anyway, I really hope you will enjoy and like it. Please feel free to comment, positive and negative welcome, well not too much negative if possible, hehe.
Thanks.
(H)

Last edited:
Sounds good mate,
He was a cracking player, lets hope he is just as good a manager!!!
You going for big named signings or youngsters?

Sounds good mate,
He was a cracking player, lets hope he is just as good a manager!!!
You going for big named signings or youngsters?

Thanks mate, I hope so too. I'm going to take each job, as they come, if its an old squad, I'll look to bring in the best youngsters or train them from the youth system or if I need to make a big signing, I will look into. Going to try and make it as realistic as possible, as that's how I enjoy playing the game. Hope you will enjoy. :)

175px-Swindon_Town_FC.svg.png

14th August 2012

SHERINGHAM TURNS DOWN SWINDON

Former England International Teddy Sheringham has rejected the chance to return to football by turning down the vacant managerial role at the County ground.

The Ex-Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United star had been in talks with Swindon Town Chairman William Patey early this morning, but reports are suggesting the deal broke down due to Sheringham's reluctance to take the role, vacated by Paulo Di Canio, due to the off the pitch boardroom uncertainty.

With a takeover bid on the table and no sign of the deal being completed, it looks like any hope that the Swindon board had of finding a new manager are far from being finalised.

" Yes the rumours were true. We held talks with Teddy Sheringham regarding the vacant managerial position
this morning. But after lengthy discussions, we couldn't reach a deal to bring him to the County Ground.
Our search will continue to find the right person to take this club forward. "
Said William Patey.

A spokesman for Sheringham added
" Teddy was flattered to be offered the role of manager at Swindon Town. But due to the uncertainty surrounding
the takeover bid, Teddy felt it wouldn't be right for him to accept the terms on offer,
as he would like the full backing of a Chairman and Board and with the possibility of a new owner coming in,
who may want to bring his own man in. And with that possibility, Teddy politely declined the offer
. "

With Sheringham now out of the running for the job, Pat Bonner has been made the bookies favourite for the job, but faces stiff competition from Steve Cotterill and Gary Megson.

Good start so far, Will be interesting to see who you get. Good luck.

Looking forward to this mate! Can't wait to see who's lucky enough to be graced with Sheringham's presence :p

150px-Racing_de_Santander_logo.svg.png

19th November 2012

SHERINGHAM HEADS TO SPAIN!

Struggling Liga Adelante side Racing Santander have today appointed Ex-England International Teddy Sheringham, as their new manager.

Following the sacking of Jose Aurelio Gay, Los Racinguistas Chairman Angel Lavin has moved swiftly to replace him with the former Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United striker. Sheringham, who scored 289 goals in 760 appearances during his playing career, recently declined the vacant manager's role at NPower League 1 side Swindon Town.

Early reports are suggesting that Sheringham, who will take charge of his new club on Sunday against Barcelona 'B', has signed a deal until the end of the season.

" I'm delighted to have accepted the role at this club and I can't wait to get started. We are in
a poor position in the league, but with the ability in the squad I'm confident we can pull away
from the relegation zone. "
Sheringham commented on the clubs official website.

View attachment 324900

Racing Santander are currently sitting in 20th place in Liga Adelante, with only 3 wins from the 14 games played so far this campaign. Despite having enough games left to save Racing from the drop, Sheringham will be keen to change the fortunes of the club and stop their recent slump in form, something that Chairman Angel Lavin echoed.

" We have brought Teddy in, as we believe his experience of winning trophies with
major clubs and being coached by some of the best managers around will be vital in helping
us steer clear of the drop zone. The passion and ideas Teddy spoke about in his interview made him
the clear favourite for the role and we hope he will also help improve the development of
the younger players in the club. "

Their is a press conference scheduled for 2pm tomorrow at El Sardinero, where Sheringham will be officially unveiled to the Spanish media.

23rd November 2012

SHERINGHAM AND COLE REUNITE
!!!

images

Teddy Sheringham today unveiled 3 new additions to his backroom staff, before his Press Conference and to everyone's surprise he appointed his Ex Manchester United strike partner Andrew Cole.

Both Sheringham and Cole had a turbulant partnership at the Old Trafford club and despite many people seeing their talents blossom in partnership infront of thousands, it was the complete opposite off the pitch. In what is being described as a big risk for Sheringham in his first managerial role, he doesn't see it being an issue.

" Andrew Cole was one of the best strikers in England and it's that reason I've brought him to the club.
Whether we like each other or not is irrelevant, we are both professionals and will focus on the job in hand and
I'm sure our strikers will benefit from having Andrew coaching them. "

Sheringham has brought in Gary Pendrey as his Assistant Manager and feels that Gary's experience working with clubs that have been involved in relegation battles will help greatly and he will also offer some sound advice and help to Teddy, as he starts to find his feet in management.

" Gary has been brought in, like myself on a short term contract, with the the aim of helping to
get Racing as far away from relegation as possible. He has worked alongside Gordon Strachan, so
comes with a wealth of knowledge that I will be keen to learn from. "

Finally, Jose Armando Ufarte has been brought in to work on the the tactical shape and style of the team. Jose is highly regarded in Spanish football having left the Under 21 post a couple of years ago. Like Pendrey, Sheringham will be hoping the old heads will help bring a change in fortune to the Santander club and help move them up the league table.

*** Press Conference Begins ***

Reporter:
" Teddy, Welcome to Santander. How do you feel about this position? "

Teddy: " I'm pleased the Chairman has trusted me with this role and I hope I can have a positive effect
on the team and help move us up the league. "

Reporter: " How long is your contract? "

Teddy: " I have a contract to the end of the season. After that I'm not sure, but first I
have to focus on the now and that's getting a win on Sunday. "

Reporter: " You have brought in your own staff and released no fewer than 8 of the old staff. "

Teddy: " I felt a change was needed, not only that, but I wanted to bring in my own backroom team,
people who are keen to help in this situation and who have been in similar scenarios. Also, with
the high wage budget, I needed to release some players from their loan spells, as well as the 8 staff members
you mentioned.

Reporter: " What style of football can we expect to see? "

Teddy: " Well I like to have a number of options, but a controlled, fluid ethos, where players
can express themselves, but also be disciplined when needed. "

Reporter: " Thank you for your time. Good Luck. "

Teddy: " Thanks, I now need to head to training to meet the players. "

November/December 2012

Racing Santander
(Season 1)

LIGA Adelante
Sunday 25th November 2012
Miniestadi

Barcelona 'B' (0 - 3) Racing
Juanmi(3)

Teddy Sheringham's first game in charge and it was against a side in the relegation zone.
It couldn't of ended better for the new manager, as on loan 19 year old striker Juanmi, put in a
man of the match performance, grabbing a hat-trick to help seal a vital 3 points.

INJURY NEWS

Marti Crespi - Ruled out for 5 weeks with ankle injury

Hector Yuste - Ruled out for 2 weeks with a twisted knee

LIGA Adelante
Saturday 1st December 2012
El Sardinero

Racing (2 - 0) Almeria
Dorca, Luque

Following their fine away win, up next for Racing was in form Almeria, who were sitting 7th in the league.
The home crowd went home the happiest, as Sheringham continued to work his magic on the team
and goals from Albert Dorca and Julian Luque claimed another win.

LIGA Adelante
Sunday 9th December 2012
Alfredo Di Stefano

Castilla (1 - 3) Racing
Juanmi(3)

Another 6 pointer today, as Racing faced Real Madrid's B team.
Juanmi opened the scoring for Racing in the 2nd minute, when he broke free of the
offside trap and fired past the on rushing keeper. Racing doubled their lead in the 15th minute, when
Juanmi grabbed his 2nd of the game when he tapped in at the far post. A minute before half time Racing were
awarded a penalty and Juanmi stepped up and sent the keeper the wrong way to claim his 3rd goal.
Castilla pulled one back midway through the 2nd half, but the damage had been done in the 1st half,
as Racing held on for a priceless victory.

LIGA Adelante
Saturday 15th December 2012
El Sardinero

Racing (1 - 0) Sabadell SAD
Luque

Sheringham's fine start to his managerial career continued against lowly Sabadell.
Young 20 year old left winger Julien Luque grabbed the winner in the 2nd minute, when he cut
in from the left and fired a low hard right footed shot past the keeper.

LIGA Adelante
Friday 21st December 2012
Pedro Escartin

Guadalajara (0 - 2) Racing
Bouazza, Bocanegra

Sheringham ended his first month in charge with his 5th win in a row.
Hamer Bouazza, in for the tired Julien Luque, grabbed his 1st goal of the season, when he capitalised
on some poor defending to drive home from inside the area. In the 42nd minute, Racing had the chance to
double their lead, but in form Juanmi missed from the spot, after he was fouled.
The game was put out of reach of the home side in the 60th minute, as Carlos Bocanegro turned on a loose
ball inside the the 6 yard box and fired low past the goalkeeper.

View attachment 324967

Teddy: " I'm very pleased with my first month in charge and to win all 5 games is beyond what I could've imagined. The players have been working extremly hard in training and deserve all the credit for the past performances. I hope we can continue this recent form and move further up the table. "

Amazing start, wish my starts were as good lol. Juanmi doing class for you.

Amazing start, wish my starts were as good lol. Juanmi doing class for you.

Cheers mate, I spent ages working on new formations and went with a 4141 formation, never been that defensive before, but it's worked a treat so far, have 2 other formations to spring a few surprises. Juanmi is very good, on loan for the season. (H)

Nice start mate!

Initially I was very surprised with your team choice but that's a very nice start! Looking forward to more updates :) Think you can reach the play-offs before the end of the season or not?

i'm the same with my milan save and tactics, struggling to find a suitable one as I normally play a 4-4-2 diamond with RM & LM

Nice start mate!

Initially I was very surprised with your team choice but that's a very nice start! Looking forward to more updates :) Think you can reach the play-offs before the end of the season or not?

Cheers buddy. Yeah I thought it would be a surprise and raise interest in the story, really enjoying it at Racing. More updates, prob tonite or tomorrow, as out round the wife's parents for dinner.
Play offs could be reached, would be amazing if I did get into them. Fingers crossed. 8-|

Cheers buddy. Yeah I thought it would be a surprise and raise interest in the story, really enjoying it at Racing. More updates, prob tonite or tomorrow, as out round the wife's parents for dinner.
Play offs could be reached, would be amazing if I did get into them. Fingers crossed. 8-|

Hope you can reach the play-offs mate - I'll be keeping an eye out ;)

i'm the same with my milan save and tactics, struggling to find a suitable one as I normally play a 4-4-2 diamond with RM & LM

Well I thought I've used a 433 in most of my saves, but this time I've worked on formations to fit the team and opposition I play against, the 4141 is working, so too scared to alter it.......yet! Other formations I've got as options are a new improved 433 and also a 4411. And I'm sure throughout the save/story, they will all get used. (H)

Status
Not open for further replies.