Swansea Treble First Season (Sumthin's 4-2-3-1)

hi akash, because of court decision I can't download from 4shared, could you give another link, thanks

Hello akash, my Full backs are always having trouble marking the wingers, the passes are always going behind my full backs and the wingers manage to shoot/cross. Maybe is just my team?

Also, what do u do when your team just cant have the ball? or is taking lots of pressure

Hey hugsy,if my team is having a lot of pressure and not getting the ball,I see hwo the opponent are creating chances.
If they are taking long shots,I let them keep on taking them as it does not affect me.
If they are getting in behind a lot thanks to long balls from the defence,I either drop the D-line by two notches or specifically mark the players getting in behind.
But if its due to the midfielders not winning balls and opposition sliding through little through balls,I specifically make the dms mark their midfielders.
If the wingers are getting behind your fullbacks a lot,probably try marking them specifically?
It happens generally when the fullbacks go to close down the DRL and then they slide through balls through,in which case,I would go to opposition instructions and tightly mark the fullbacks,this makes the amrl come down deep with them.I dont use specific marking on the fullbacks from the wingers as then the attack for our team does not function.
If you could give me some details as to your team and post screens of the matches,I could probably help more.

i play newcaslte second season and I lose many goals.. I dont now why I dont change nothing... whats wrong..?

i play newcaslte second season and I lose many goals.. I dont now why I dont change nothing... whats wrong..?

Its weird you are conceding since I just finished my first season with Stjarnan FC.I conceded 13 goals in 30+ games,losing just one game.I will upload screenshots of that soon.

Try to tight mark AML/AMR and STC if they are getting free too often.Also try tight marking the DL/DR if they are getting too much space.

I just started my 3rd season with QPR,played 3.Beat City 5-1,beat Chelsea 5-1 and won the last game 2-0.

Also keep the match preparation at defensive positioning if you are conceding too much?Did you sign a lot of players?A lot of new players lead to goals early on as the defence fails too play the OT properly.

Also if you could elaborate on how you are conceding maybe I could help?

Decided to try out this tactic with swansea and see how it goes, Luke Moore's goalscoring record is so good

Decided to try out this tactic with swansea and see how it goes, Luke Moore's goalscoring record is so good
how are you going so far?
And guys there is no playmaker chosen for the version I uploaded last,that is the version I am using,not the one I uploaded in the long post.
Defenders should be good anticipators and good in the air and fairly quick.In my QPR save I got Douglas and Shawcross.

Fullbacks should generally be good crossers and have creativity to see the cross/through ball.But importantly they must know how to defend.I bought Neill Taylor,Vrsaljko,Fernando(retrained to RB from DM),and retrained Diakete to rb.Rafael and Evra had noteworthily good ratings due to high number of assists.But sometimes lacked defending the cross to the far post.So I would recommending retraining backup CBs to fullbacks so that in big games or games where your playing against say Stoke,you can play them to nullify the diagonal.

DMs should compliment each other,so if you have one like Diakete who likes to go forward(ppm),have the other who likes to stay back at all times.I bought Jan Grunt,De jong,Fernando and Koke(young spanish guy,not sure of the name).And I still have Faurlin.So they can be a match between the two,Carrick,Jones were really good in the roles.Best midfielder that I had used in this role though has to be Schweini.So ideally its a good MC trained into a DM that will dorsally well there,but try and get someone who likes to work hard n get stuck in.

For the wingers,I have gotten great success with Adam Johnson type players or Valencia type players.As in inside forwards and wingers.I prefer playing one of each on either side.So if Im Playing lefty on the right,I usually play a lefty on the left/a retrained striker s that the inverted player could play through balls.

The amc is a hard one.Muniain,Wolski were in my eyes the best there.Though Taarabt did really well as well.Belhanda is a bit of a hit and miss there.He is much better out in the wings.Kroos,Young are really good too.Probably comes deep is a good attribute to have.But Wolski doesn't have that and still plays really well as well.So variety helps here too.

Striker,should ideally be a poacher.Great success with Cisse,Kadlec,Welbeck,Chicha.But even RVP and Llorente did well in their saves,so again you could have someone different if they ARE REALLY GOOD for their level of football.

Keeper.Keep one who has great aerial ability etc like Begovic and one like Sommer.In my save,Rob Green>Sommer which was surprising.

Any more questions,hit me up!

And to the 280 people that downloaded it,please let me know if you are having any troubles with the tactic?
And if you are liking it or not.
If you guys feel somethings wrong,be a little more specific.Dont be like I am conceding goals.But be more like I am conceding goals because opposition wingers seem to get in behind my fullbacks so that I could look into it.Just saying I concede doesn't help me correct it.
And if you feel the tactic has a strongpoint,outline it,so that I do know what I should not mess around with.

i just finished my 1st season with QPR although i used tactic with defensive corner,is that diffrent than QPR version with gk,amrl,amc tweak?....I finished 7th although my board was delighted I had one very annoying and disturbing season ,my 1st half season wasnt so bad(i was 3rd or 4th) but period from february until the end of season was awful I had bunch of retards in defense they were slow as **** if only you could see how many stupid goals i conceded,although i did won once against liverpool,arsenal, and chelsea i lost more than few times with more than 4 gls diffrence..in 1st season i only bought erick torres(amc/st), romario(rb)and bressan(amc),now i bought some defense bassong,figueredo and drenthe i hope i will finish in top 6 so that I can play EURO cup.I am also having problems with buying players ,clubs accept price but then players dont want to sign contract..That is it for now :)

akash777 tell my witch version i the best..? ;)

I prefer the version with the amc,marl,dm tweak.
The two versions are very different.The defence in the new version has been asked to tackle easy so that players don't get by that easily.
The dms have lower closing down so that they close down in our half and don't leave the defence naked to counterattack by closing down higher up and leaving the defence under undue stress.
The amc plays a deeper role and makes runs into the box from there.
The striker has changed into being more effective with the buildup play.
Tbh,I haven't played the older version for quite a while.:O
Give the new version on the last page,a shot.

i just finished my 1st season with QPR although i used tactic with defensive corner,is that diffrent than QPR version with gk,amrl,amc tweak?....I finished 7th although my board was delighted I had one very annoying and disturbing season ,my 1st half season wasnt so bad(i was 3rd or 4th) but period from february until the end of season was awful I had bunch of retards in defense they were slow as **** if only you could see how many stupid goals i conceded,although i did won once against liverpool,arsenal, and chelsea i lost more than few times with more than 4 gls diffrence..in 1st season i only bought erick torres(amc/st), romario(rb)and bressan(amc),now i bought some defense bassong,figueredo and drenthe i hope i will finish in top 6 so that I can play EURO cup.I am also having problems with buying players ,clubs accept price but then players dont want to sign contract..That is it for now :)

I know what you mean.It usually happens 4-5 goal defeats when defence underperforms and makes mistakes,but I feel thats to do with the players rather than the tactic.
I usually take players underperforming off asap.Seems to work.
And you do rest your players after each game right?
And try the new version,things should get better.
And thanks for the feedback,appreciate it.

Awesome

Hi AshI have been following this post for months and i have to say FANTASTIC WORK not enough people giving u the gratitude this tac is amazing i am using the Gk Amc Amrl tweak and its brilliant with my Wigan save i have made a few signings and 2 loans first game using it i beat City 5-0 its been working wonders for the few games i have used it for having a slight hiccup now but that's due to injury's and such, I will post some resultsView attachment 275802View attachment 275803View attachment 275804View attachment 275805View attachment 275806

The City game is the first time i had used this tactic (i had been using your older tactic latest version so was already trained in formation) Sunderland is the 2nd game using it then i had Newcastle W3-1 then West Brom W3-0 then Liverpool then Blackburn and Norwich both D2-2 this is where the dip in form has started due to losing Rodallega, Boyce and Elias Hernandez and a few other none long term injury's then we had West Brom again W3-1 now lost the 2 i have posted but again fantastic results for a Wigan squad. :D

Last edited:
I prefer the version with the amc,marl,dm tweak.
The two versions are very different.The defence in the new version has been asked to tackle easy so that players don't get by that easily.
The dms have lower closing down so that they close down in our half and don't leave the defence naked to counterattack by closing down higher up and leaving the defence under undue stress.
The amc plays a deeper role and makes runs into the box from there.
The striker has changed into being more effective with the buildup play.
Tbh,I haven't played the older version for quite a while.:O
Give the new version on the last page,a shot.

I know what you mean.It usually happens 4-5 goal defeats when defence underperforms and makes mistakes,but I feel thats to do with the players rather than the tactic.
I usually take players underperforming off asap.Seems to work.
And you do rest your players after each game right?
And try the new version,things should get better.
And thanks for the feedback,appreciate it.

ok i will try the new version,but I really had ****** defenders and when my defenders had a good game attacker had bad game ... yes I did rest my players I also used your team talks. Thanks!

Hi Akash, I used your original tactic with Newport County and stormed to the top of League 1 with back to back promotions. Like others I eagerley awaited the new tactic (APR AMR tweak) and followed the instructions. So far I have found it inconsistent, I have had a few 4-1 wins but also some 4-0 losses. I seem very susceptable on counter attacks and either my front line has a stinker or my back line makes stupid mistakes. The goals also seem to only come from The STC or AMC.

Any suggestions for a more limited league 1 side? I was thinking of lowering the defensive line substantially (5 clicks?) in line with the old tactic. I havnt tried the GK amend to change him to run from deep rarely yet but will give it a go? Maybe go back to the former tactic as it served me so well.

As always a big fan of your work!

*** The goals for my team come only from STC & AMC if that wasn't clear.

Hey Akash,

i will try this new tactic with Montpellier tonight, hope to let you know how it works this weekend ..

Last edited:
the new QPR tactic got "use playmaker" ticked, who do i put as the playmaker?