Swansea Treble First Season (Sumthin's 4-2-3-1)

As I'm not great on the tactical aspect of things, has anybody managed to find a way with this tactic to get more possession? As sometimes I feel I don't have enough possession of the ball as I would like.

QPR Version.tac - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Thats the version I played with the art few days.
I played with QPR database update from 22.8.2012.
Won the league and Carling Cup.
No transfer budget initially so dint sign anyone other than Del Pierro.
In January signed Shawcross,Caulker on loan,Zouma,Wolski.
Only lost 2 games the entire season,both to the relegated teams,so problems with motivation.
This season I have signed a lot of players so it is expected that I kick *** with it.

Also tested with Everton,all free signings like Drenthe,Del Pierro,Ze Roberto.
And United.
Came 2nd with Everton but won all the cups.
Won the treble with United.

The previous version which led to great success with Bayern Munich and Bilbao have been lost.
I am updating this tactic as I go and will let you know of the recent changes as they become available.

In opposition instructions,show all opposition players except GK to weaker foot/outside foot.
And adjust defensive corner so that best header is on mark tall and best markers+headers are on the 3 man mark.
Next best header goes back.
Usually striker closes down and one of the midfielders stays edge of the area.

Configure the free kicks according to your wish.I usually make sure just that the taker is on stay back if needed.

congfigure corners so that its taken by one of the people staying back.

If you are having problems with a dm in a formation,you could try one of two things.
1.Drop amc to mc and put forward runs on him.
2.Keep him at amc but decrease teams D-line by 2-3 clicks.

For these two make sure you download this and do these changes in the other two formations---which will be the result of what you have after you make those changes.

Update me as I am always looking to make it better.
Cheers.

can u put it on a site you dont need to sign up to thanks

Seen you've posted a new Version. I downloaded the tactic from the front page (with new defensive corners) a month ago and finally got around to using it half way through my first season with Everton to try and get some better consistancy. Early results were promising, helping me win the League Cup and I looked forward to my new season with it.

Second season with Everton, Won the Domestic Treble. Followed everything on the front page, even team talks.

Thanks for this tactic Akash, spot on! (H)

can u put it on a site you dont need to sign up to thanks

I am not good with file sharing.Give me a name of a site you want it up on and I shall put it up.

Seen you've posted a new Version. I downloaded the tactic from the front page (with new defensive corners) a month ago and finally got around to using it half way through my first season with Everton to try and get some better consistancy. Early results were promising, helping me win the League Cup and I looked forward to my new season with it.

Second season with Everton, Won the Domestic Treble. Followed everything on the front page, even team talks.

Thanks for this tactic Akash, spot on! (H)

Thanks mate!
I made this new version to help out the defense a bit,probably has the best defensive corner setting.
Keep this as a backup for your previous version and let me know how this goes?

And has anyone tried it yet?
I need some feedback so that I could make it better by the end of the week as after that I go back to uni and may not get enough time.Cheers guys.

its ok i have just signed up what tac has gone missing? i have download the 1 with the defensive corners is that better than your new 1?

its ok i have just signed up what tac has gone missing? i have download the 1 with the defensive corners is that better than your new 1?

Tbh,I haven't played with the older versions in a while.
I feel the current version is very stable both attackingly and defensively.
I would recommend keeping both tactics and seeing which you like better perhaps?

is this the one you're talking about? I've tried it with Roma and QPR. Mixed results...the"LATEST" version? i mean..?

is this the one you're talking about? I've tried it with Roma and QPR. Mixed results...the"LATEST" version? i mean..?
Nah its the QPR version,I have made a few more changes.
I am still unbeaten into the 2nd season,but I will lose 5 first team players for ACN.
Taarabt,Ayew,Belhanda,Diakete,Gervinho.
I think its better than the previous version.

QPR Version.tac - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Thats the version I played with the art few days.
I played with QPR database update from 22.8.2012.
Won the league and Carling Cup.
No transfer budget initially so dint sign anyone other than Del Pierro.
In January signed Shawcross,Caulker on loan,Zouma,Wolski.
Only lost 2 games the entire season,both to the relegated teams,so problems with motivation.
This season I have signed a lot of players so it is expected that I kick *** with it.

Also tested with Everton,all free signings like Drenthe,Del Pierro,Ze Roberto.
And United.
Came 2nd with Everton but won all the cups.
Won the treble with United.

The previous version which led to great success with Bayern Munich and Bilbao have been lost.
I am updating this tactic as I go and will let you know of the recent changes as they become available.

In opposition instructions,show all opposition players except GK to weaker foot/outside foot.
And adjust defensive corner so that best header is on mark tall and best markers+headers are on the 3 man mark.
Next best header goes back.
Usually striker closes down and one of the midfielders stays edge of the area.

Configure the free kicks according to your wish.I usually make sure just that the taker is on stay back if needed.

congfigure corners so that its taken by one of the people staying back.

If you are having problems with a dm in a formation,you could try one of two things.
1.Drop amc to mc and put forward runs on him.
2.Keep him at amc but decrease teams D-line by 2-3 clicks.

For these two make sure you download this and do these changes in the other two formations---which will be the result of what you have after you make those changes.

Update me as I am always looking to make it better.
Cheers.

Hi akash777 Im gonna test it in Portuguese league with default db of 12.2.2 with a team predicted last (Feirense). What I've on doubt is the instruction you give for the settings in defensive corner where you refer to 1 tall and 3 man mark but after I loaded your tactic I see 2 tall (one being the striker) and 2 man mark, I suppose that I need to correct 1 tall to man mark? Ill post the results at the end of league.

Sorry for my english...this tactic was try with the patch 12.0.3???

Hi,

Been trying out the tactic. Previously been using "Grid system" 4-1-2-3, but got fed up with a) Having to sell wingers and even sometimes attacking midfielders if they weren't physical enough to play in MC roles. b) How overpowered and unrealistic all the 4-1-2-3 tactics look on the match engine compared to systems played in real life. c) The number of wins that only happened because of nearpost corners. d) How low ratings many of your team get compared to the strikers, often you may have won 5-0 but all 3 of the midfielders are just sitting on a 6.8 or something and barely seem involved in the game.

I used the previous version of the tactic with Crystal Palace due to knowing the squad would reasonably fit. Championship promotion was fairly easy, but results do seem quite inconsistent. And because I've been following your teamtalks (or at least partially), and I think teamtalks are important its hard to know what proportion of my good results are team talk driven and what are tactically driven.

My premier league season I have spent quite alot on strengthening and finding players which fit the system, but looks like I will only finish mid table. Midway though I have switched to the new QPR version of the tactic and I think things have improved but again hard to tell because its hardly a controlled experiment as players settle at the club results may have improved with the old version anyway.

One of my favourite results so far this season:

I am struggling to get the wingers to score slightly, in fact I almost seem to play better without inverted wingers sometimes. Most goals coming from striker and AMC.

Is AMC still supposed to be set to Playmaker in new version?

Sorry for my english...this tactic was try with the patch 12.0.3???

akash777, if somenone gets red card, what should i do?

Hi akash777 Im gonna test it in Portuguese league with default db of 12.2.2 with a team predicted last (Feirense). What I've on doubt is the instruction you give for the settings in defensive corner where you refer to 1 tall and 3 man mark but after I loaded your tactic I see 2 tall (one being the striker) and 2 man mark, I suppose that I need to correct 1 tall to man mark? Ill post the results at the end of league.

Hi,

Been trying out the tactic. Previously been using "Grid system" 4-1-2-3, but got fed up with a) Having to sell wingers and even sometimes attacking midfielders if they weren't physical enough to play in MC roles. b) How overpowered and unrealistic all the 4-1-2-3 tactics look on the match engine compared to systems played in real life. c) The number of wins that only happened because of nearpost corners. d) How low ratings many of your team get compared to the strikers, often you may have won 5-0 but all 3 of the midfielders are just sitting on a 6.8 or something and barely seem involved in the game.

I used the previous version of the tactic with Crystal Palace due to knowing the squad would reasonably fit. Championship promotion was fairly easy, but results do seem quite inconsistent. And because I've been following your teamtalks (or at least partially), and I think teamtalks are important its hard to know what proportion of my good results are team talk driven and what are tactically driven.

My premier league season I have spent quite alot on strengthening and finding players which fit the system, but looks like I will only finish mid table. Midway though I have switched to the new QPR version of the tactic and I think things have improved but again hard to tell because its hardly a controlled experiment as players settle at the club results may have improved with the old version anyway.

One of my favourite results so far this season:

I am struggling to get the wingers to score slightly, in fact I almost seem to play better without inverted wingers sometimes. Most goals coming from striker and AMC.

Is AMC still supposed to be set to Playmaker in new version?

I haven't played the amc as a playmaker in ages.
And I changed his instructions a bit more such as decreased his mentality and closing down and passing and increased creative freedom and unpicked hold up ball and reduced running with ball.
My wingers have been scoring a lot of goals,but I took your advice and decreased their closing down a bit and will post the results after I test it for a while.
The other change that I have made is to put on zonal marking on the team instructions.I am not sure if that helps or not either.
I just need to test a bit more.
My QPR side is a really good team atm and so I don't think testing with them would tell me anything.
I will probably get LFC Marshalls update and play with Southampton without signings and see how they go and post an update soon.
As for sending offs.Try playing without an amc.
Cheers.
Any specific positions other than the wingers you aren't liking?
You guys can try the amc settings as they seem to work all right.
I can post a screenshot if you are interested.
But see if you guys like how the amc plays currently first.
Also do this tweak,decrease the run from deep on gk to rarely.
Its set to sometimes.
This seems to reduce the goals conceded a lot.

Last edited:
akash777 could you give another link...? because I can't download from 4shared

Hello, ive been testing this new tactics. I think the marking and chances of goal is better then the older version. Plus i have more possession, but im taking a lot of goals from crosses mid games. Not corners thou. and getting caught in counter attacks

Hello, ive been testing this new tactics. I think the marking and chances of goal is better then the older version. Plus i have more possession, but im taking a lot of goals from crosses mid games. Not corners thou. and getting caught in counter attacks

try the goalkeeper tweak mate,decreases goals conceded.
and ill look into how you concede,cheers.