Swansea Treble First Season (Sumthin's 4-2-3-1)

New to FM2012

Hello,

I am very keen to get this tactic right and I am just starting FM2012 for the 1st time.
Tried downloading the tactic but wont load on my computer

Can someone give me screen shots of tactics so I can use this.

Would really appreciate the help

Thanks

ok i will try the new version,but I really had ****** defenders and when my defenders had a good game attacker had bad game ... yes I did rest my players I also used your team talks. Thanks!

Ok firstly,I have edited it a bit further for weaker teams.Tested with standard Norwich team,2nd in league after 13 games.I will post that soon.You could probably try that,it basically has lower D-line.one anchorman and one deep lying playmaker and a bit of changes on the defenders.I will upload that.And if your attackers and defenders have bad games,sub them off as soon as you can,even if they are your best players.USUALLY,if a player starts having a bad game,they just continue.

Hi AshI have been following this post for months and i have to say FANTASTIC WORK not enough people giving u the gratitude this tac is amazing i am using the Gk Amc Amrl tweak and its brilliant with my Wigan save i have made a few signings and 2 loans first game using it i beat City 5-0 its been working wonders for the few games i have used it for having a slight hiccup now but that's due to injury's and such, I will post some resultsView attachment 275802View attachment 275803View attachment 275804View attachment 275805View attachment 275806

The City game is the first time i had used this tactic (i had been using your older tactic latest version so was already trained in formation) Sunderland is the 2nd game using it then i had Newcastle W3-1 then West Brom W3-0 then Liverpool then Blackburn and Norwich both D2-2 this is where the dip in form has started due to losing Rodallega, Boyce and Elias Hernandez and a few other none long term injury's then we had West Brom again W3-1 now lost the 2 i have posted but again fantastic results for a Wigan squad. :D

Hey mate,great results.If you want,give the version I upload today a shot.You will probably like it.Cheers.Any further updates?Or did it all start going wrong?

Hi Akash, I used your original tactic with Newport County and stormed to the top of League 1 with back to back promotions. Like others I eagerley awaited the new tactic (APR AMR tweak) and followed the instructions. So far I have found it inconsistent, I have had a few 4-1 wins but also some 4-0 losses. I seem very susceptable on counter attacks and either my front line has a stinker or my back line makes stupid mistakes. The goals also seem to only come from The STC or AMC.

Any suggestions for a more limited league 1 side? I was thinking of lowering the defensive line substantially (5 clicks?) in line with the old tactic. I havnt tried the GK amend to change him to run from deep rarely yet but will give it a go? Maybe go back to the former tactic as it served me so well.

As always a big fan of your work!

Ok,if your dragging your amc to playmaker,dont do that.That makes your team lose possession as he gets marked out.You could try the new version I will upload today as it is based on a really weak team-Norwich first season in the BPL.I did take your case into account and also incorporated your suggestions about a deeper back line etc.So give that a shot?

Hey Akash,

i will try this new tactic with Montpellier tonight, hope to let you know how it works this weekend ..

So did you end up trying it?I am always looking for advice as I try to learn from what others went through and make those aspects better.As I did with the advice from the person above you.
the new QPR tactic got "use playmaker" ticked, who do i put as the playmaker?

best tactic in fm2012 ;)

thanks mate,superb results.Even I never had such great results!LOL
Did you drag your amc to playmaker?

ok i will try the new version,but I really had ****** defenders and when my defenders had a good game attacker had bad game ... yes I did rest my players I also used your team talks. Thanks!

Hi AshI have been following this post for months and i have to say FANTASTIC WORK not enough people giving u the gratitude this tac is amazing i am using the Gk Amc Amrl tweak and its brilliant with my Wigan save i have made a few signings and 2 loans first game using it i beat City 5-0 its been working wonders for the few games i have used it for having a slight hiccup now but that's due to injury's and such, I will post some resultsView attachment 275802View attachment 275803View attachment 275804View attachment 275805View attachment 275806

The City game is the first time i had used this tactic (i had been using your older tactic latest version so was already trained in formation) Sunderland is the 2nd game using it then i had Newcastle W3-1 then West Brom W3-0 then Liverpool then Blackburn and Norwich both D2-2 this is where the dip in form has started due to losing Rodallega, Boyce and Elias Hernandez and a few other none long term injury's then we had West Brom again W3-1 now lost the 2 i have posted but again fantastic results for a Wigan squad. :D

Hi Akash, I used your original tactic with Newport County and stormed to the top of League 1 with back to back promotions. Like others I eagerley awaited the new tactic (APR AMR tweak) and followed the instructions. So far I have found it inconsistent, I have had a few 4-1 wins but also some 4-0 losses. I seem very susceptable on counter attacks and either my front line has a stinker or my back line makes stupid mistakes. The goals also seem to only come from The STC or AMC.

Any suggestions for a more limited league 1 side? I was thinking of lowering the defensive line substantially (5 clicks?) in line with the old tactic. I havnt tried the GK amend to change him to run from deep rarely yet but will give it a go? Maybe go back to the former tactic as it served me so well.

As always a big fan of your work!

Hey Akash,

i will try this new tactic with Montpellier tonight, hope to let you know how it works this weekend ..

the new QPR tactic got "use playmaker" ticked, who do i put as the playmaker?

Hello,

I am very keen to get this tactic right and I am just starting FM2012 for the 1st time.
Tried downloading the tactic but wont load on my computer

Can someone give me screen shots of tactics so I can use this.

Would really appreciate the help

Thanks

Hey mate,give me a bit of time and I will upload both versions on a different site.Which site do you prefer for downloading?

hey Akash, what do you think about having 2 MC and 1 DM in your tactic? can it work?

Hi Akash,
Thanks for getting back to me. Will wait for the Norwich based tactic to come out and give it a go. In the mean time the move back to your orginal tactic has pushed me into promotion. Always willing to keep the faith. Keep up the good work!

after a 4-3 win i´m now struggling in my first match away from home. i´m losing 3-0 at half time, all goals conceded by through balls that tore apart my defence, two of them in a one on one situation. any tips for this? i´m using my AMC as MC to see if i can change things in the second half

i´ve played three matches with this tactic, which i started using in february. won 4-3 at home, lose 3-1 away to málaga and draw ¡4-4! in getafe in a match i was losing 3-1 at half time. analyzing the goals conceded in the last match, two were through balls between my defence, one was from a cross made by their right fullback and the other was a counter attack. i scored nice goals and shot 16 times and 4 ccc (they did it 8 - 2 ccc). i think that my team is maybe adapting to the new tactic and defensive routines so i´m sticking to it and see how it improves. i´ll keep on updating!

EDIT: next match 3-2 win against villarreal. i was 3-0 up at half time and villarreal almost managed to get a draw. they shoot 19 times (4 ccc) and i did it 12 (4 ccc). i think this tactic has an issue with defending because my defenders are decent. any tips for this, akash?

Last edited:
I lose a lot of goals on the counterattack.. :/ How can I fix this..???

Hey, Akash :) I just wanted to thank you for your brilliant tactic, mate! I downloaded the version from a couple of pages back and implemented it into a new season with Liverpool. I like to try out what I have in terms of players.. until January. So despite having a budget of nearly 20 million - I only spent about a million bringing in Julian Draxler, Yaya Sanogo and Anatoliy Tymoschuk on loan for the season. I also signed Valdo and Igor Gabilondo on free transfers.

This was my first team - Reina/Enrique/Kelly/Agger/Skrtel/Sahin/Allen/Assaidi/Downing/Gerrard/Suarez.

Things started off brilliantly! I had a great pre-season and kicked off the Premier League campaign with some really good results. I beat Arsenal 5-0 in my first home game, followed by a 4-2 win at Chelsea and then a 2-0 victory over Manchester United at home. I tell you, after those results I was elated :)
I actually won my first six league games, but had my first taste of defeat in my seventh game at Newcastle.. due to a last gasp goal from Hatem Ben Arfa. The cow :)

Thankfully that was just a blip as I then went on quite a run! I actually didn't lose another game until January. Oh how miserable January was though. Haha. Wolves sent me crashing out of the semi-finals of the League Cup and Derby sent me packing from the FA Cup. I lost three league games - 2-1 to Southampton (at home) 4-3 to Arsenal and 2-1 to Man Utd (away) - All were very close games really. So I kept hope that I could get things back on track. To aid me in that hope, seeing as I spent very little at the beginning of the season and because the money was there.. I thought I'd bring in Edinson Cavani!

His arrival combined with a much needed team meeting really did seem to boost morale and I didn't lose another league game until May :) That being said, I definitely learnt that my squad was in need of summer strengthening as Leverkusen knocked me out in the Quarter Finals of the Europa League. I rested my first team for the cup games. So... hopefully I can improve my squad and be able to field a stronger eleven in future cup campaigns!

Extra tidbits...

I won Manager of the Year :)

Stewart Downing had an incredible season, scoring 9 goals and contributing 30 assists. If only he was this good in real life. Haha. Sigh. He was also named PFA Player of the Year and was part of the Team of the Year.

Ousi Assaidi did well - 11 goals and 8 assists

Luis Suarez - 51 goals and 21 assists. From February onwards though, I lightened Luis' load and rotated him with Cavani. He got himself 22 goals in 14 appearances.

Steven Gerrard also did brilliantly, 18 goals and 11 assists. Awarded the PFA Players' Player of the year.

League table - PL-38 W-30 D-3 L-5 - Scored 123 goals - Conceded 37 (third best in league) - 93 points.

Hopefully I can improve on my first season and push on to even better things, fingers crossed. Forgive me if this has been a terribly long, boring post. Thanks again, Akash :)

Hi Aksash,

Which is the tac your referring to for me to try (2nd quote RE wigan save), And no sorry no updates to add my save got corrupted some how and lost every thing started a new save with CFR Cluj for a change if u could inbox me the link when u get chance please mate, cheers

Ok this is the Norwich version.2nd with norwich after 29 games and also working with QPR-not going into details there,my squad is too good on that save.

So for this to work,you have to do these:
1.in Opposition instructions,tightly mark opposition mcs,dl/r,amc,stcs.
2.If the formation is 4-4-1-1,just mark the fullbacks and amc and stc.
3.Show everyone other than cbs and gk onto weaker foot.
4.Put the amc as playmaker.He is the main man so should be someone who can play there.Pastore was great,so was Wolski and Howson for Norwich.
5.Dont put anyone on the throw in list.
6.Make sure the person taking the corner attacklingly has stay back.
7.Arrange defensive corner instructions with your players.
8.If you are losing or behind shift to all out attack from team mentality and if winning ultra defensive and if a very important match,you can also turn off counter attack,but i like it leave it on so that I can get another goal if possible.
9.Let me know what you think.Its a bit unorthdox this tactic,so you guys might not like it.But You can try the instructions here on the previous tactic as well.And it should work there as well.

This one has deeper defensive line,harder tackling for defenders,higher mentalities for dms so that they can close down but defense is sweeping out through balls.
Cheers.

And thanks to pit0078 for reminding me of the beautiful football played by the team if you drag a playmaker onto the list!
Download QPR Version_gangnam style_3.tac for free on uploading.com