Swathe's 5-2-3 DESTRUCTION 116 GOALS IN 25 LEAGUE GAMES. 100% POSITIVE FEEDBACK

Amazing job, with the latest 2-3-2-3 tweak m8. Already sees clear improvements in the attack, and a little in the defence. Ofc I've not played a lot of matches yes, but 2 win, 1 draw. Will keep trying it out. Do you have any preffered moves to your players in the different roles?

I have been struggling with my own formation in recent games. It is a similar set up to yours, so I thought I would plug yours in for some inspiration for my tactic, and this happened.
View attachment 73520
A pretty good win I would say.
View attachment 73519View attachment 73518
As you can see, I have an AMC instead of 3 ST as Im no the biggest fan of 3 up front. You have defiantly inspired me mate, well done.

I have been struggling with my own formation in recent games. It is a similar set up to yours, so I thought I would plug yours in for some inspiration for my tactic, and this happened.
View attachment 1139270
View attachment 1139271View attachment 1139272
As you can see, I have an AMC instead of 3 ST as Im no the biggest fan of 3 up front. You have defiantly inspired me mate, well done.
Well done m8. What effect do you experience when playing with a offensive midfielder?

Abit off topic, but how did you get your review screen to look like that?
Mine just shows the 2 full team lineups at either side, with a tiny bit of information in the middle..
It's a skin I use that has customised panels, the skin is DF11 Base Dark

Amazing job, with the latest 2-3-2-3 tweak m8. Already sees clear improvements in the attack, and a little in the defence. Ofc I've not played a lot of matches yes, but 2 win, 1 draw. Will keep trying it out. Do you have any preffered moves to your players in the different roles?

I feel like having 'places shots' on strikers increases the amount of times they will finish their chances.

Both of my midfielders have 'dictates tempo'

View attachment 1139270
View attachment 1139271View attachment 1139272

Good job bro! Great to see, interesting variaton and great that it is working, thankyou.

****! That's amazing great job 8-|

Personally, the 5-3-2 has been a bit off for me plus I think it's a bit weak defensively. The 2-3-2-3 however is very strong in all departments, if you ever get to using it please feedback! ^^)

I'm very glad my tactic is working for you, keep it up, who was your top goalscorer?

hi mate, could you tell me why you have gone for CF's in the 2-3-2-3 and AFs in the 5-2-3's? i am playing LLM atm and strikers are not good enough to be CF's, so just wondered if there was a reason why you had them?

hi mate, could you tell me why you have gone for CF's in the 2-3-2-3 and AFs in the 5-2-3's? i am playing LLM atm and strikers are not good enough to be CF's, so just wondered if there was a reason why you had them?

Feel free to change them, I'm currently just experimenting as strikers seem to be too inconsistent this year.

Cheers, AF's should be fine for the players that i have. You can have DLF's and add PI's to them so they basically are a CF in disguise so might try that too!

Very good tactic. I was using the original 5-2-3 formation with overall good results. But I am going to try the new formation.

Just one question, is there a reason for using no opposition instructions. I have been using instructions and wondering whether it is hindering my results as in my most recent game I lost 1-0 but had 3 red cards

Very good tactic. I was using the original 5-2-3 formation with overall good results. But I am going to try the new formation.

Just one question, is there a reason for using no opposition instructions. I have been using instructions and wondering whether it is hindering my results as in my most recent game I lost 1-0 but had 3 red cards

I have used no OI all year and had no issues regarding results, it must just be an irregular occurance.

Anybody try to change STC from Poacher to Advanced Forward or to third Complete Forward?

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I have been using this tactic for a season and a half now, and I have never had better results.

I RECOMMEND USING 2-3-2-3 - IT IS THE MOST UPDATED AND MOST EFFICIENT AS OF 18.2.1 - DOWNLOAD IN ATTATCHMENTS AT BOTTOM!
THIS TACTIC WORKS ON ANY VERSION OF FM 18.

View attachment 1139221View attachment 1139219
View attachment 1139203View attachment 1139207
View attachment 1138505View attachment 1138945View attachment 1138728
View attachment 1138504View attachment 1138507View attachment 1138944View attachment 1139204View attachment 1139205

NO OI
- Do not leave your assistant to do this.

TRAINING : PRE SEASON - TACTICS

ATTACKING POS - SEASON

(If you are conceding more than you like feel free to change to DEF POS).

TESTERS APPRECIATED

These pictures are from people who have tested the tactics themselves, they have great results!

View attachment 1138729View attachment 1138727

STCL - Preferably right footed
STCR - Preferably left footed.

CML - Preferably left footed
CMR - Preferably right footed

WBL - You will want a strong left foot, if they have good crossing you can expect quite a lot of assists from crossing, they are also heavily linked with the wing which creates a lot of goals through low crosses.
WBR - You will want a strong right foot, if they have good crossing you can expect quite a lot of assists from crossing, they are also heavily linked with the wing which creates a lot of goals through low crosses.

DCL - Preferably left footed
DCR - Preferably right footed

If you receive a red card move the STC to the position of the red carded player, this means your two strikers will remain up top and the formation will be maintained. I have found that doing this ensures you still create chances while meaning you still have the defensive stability.

Does it work on lower league teams? Currently playing with Bath

Does anybody else concede a ton of penalties using this tactic or is it just the match engine? Maybe i'm just getting crazy unlucky